Rabb's Article Shows Cultural De...

Rabb is Jamestown's openly gay City Council President. He was given that position to promote the interests of the city, not promote his own deviant lifestyle choices.

Full Story
Doug

Jamestown, NY

#1 Feb 16, 2014
I would have to agree. Why does the gay community have to go out of their way to make us aware of their sexual orientation. He does this at JCC and all over the community. The only thing we don't know about him is if he's the top or the bottom. Realistically, the heterosexuals don't run around and say I love the opposite sex. Why do the gays? They bring things on themselves.
What cmon

Cheshire, CT

#2 Feb 16, 2014
Doug wrote:
I would have to agree. Why does the gay community have to go out of their way to make us aware of their sexual orientation. He does this at JCC and all over the community. The only thing we don't know about him is if he's the top or the bottom. Realistically, the heterosexuals don't run around and say I love the opposite sex. Why do the gays? They bring things on themselves.
well in today's society we have to celebrate diversity! If not the diverse have the right to label us hatemongers. We're letting the prisoners run the asylum.we should call it gaytown ! It's a dumb idea. Let it run it's course. It will fail. Just like Obama .......
What cmon

Cheshire, CT

#3 Feb 16, 2014
And don't get me wrong . Not bashing gays at all. But they are <3% of the population. So are Buddhists. Should we build a new city hall building that looks like Buddha ? If not Dave the Buddhist who lives on foote ave might be offended? I mean they say we're not supposed to care right. Guess what most don't until fringe ideas are forced upon the populous? Just sayin.....
Jammer Man

Jamestown, NY

#4 Feb 16, 2014
It's very simple. If the majority of residents are offended by Rabb's agenda and mission, show up on election day and vote his ass out of office. I'm not in favor of my hometown being labeled the "gay marriage capital" either but until he's voted out he will still be promoting it and will still be officiating the majority of the gay wedding ceremonies (Paul Whitford also performs them).
LeBron Bryant

Jamestown, NY

#5 Feb 16, 2014
I'm just curious how Obama is a failure being that he will do two consecutive voted in terms as United States Preaident? That is the maximum you can do is two. He won and we lost.
What cmon

Cheshire, CT

#6 Feb 16, 2014
LeBron Bryant wrote:
I'm just curious how Obama is a failure being that he will do two consecutive voted in terms as United States Preaident? That is the maximum you can do is two. He won and we lost.
he's delayed the punitive portions of Obama care until beyond the 2016 elections. He's let a US diplomat be burned and tortured. Then He lied about the reason it happened. Ever hear of Benghazi? ALL TO COVER HIS POLITICAL HINEY. But as long as handouts and entitlements are increased he's just so great right? He's a lawless clueless bumbling idiot. Belongs In prison.
Inappropriate

Buffalo, NY

#7 Feb 17, 2014
It is inappropriate and socially unacceptable for anyone to discuss in public what they do with their private parts. Why do some people think it's ok for anyone to even mention the word "gay" in public because that word automatically brings something inappropriate to mind.

Since: Mar 07

Bumpass, VA

#8 Feb 17, 2014
Doug wrote:
I would have to agree. Why does the gay community have to go out of their way to make us aware of their sexual orientation......
Because it's a winning strategy. Every person who publicly comes out sends ripples through everyone that knows them and cares for them.

It's very hard to continue hating your friends, family, neighbors, and valued co-workers.
And it's hard to support laws that harm folks you like, or love.

Get used to it. It will only end when you people stop worrying about it so much, and it simply becomes a non-issue.

Since: Mar 07

Bumpass, VA

#9 Feb 17, 2014
Inappropriate wrote:
It is inappropriate and socially unacceptable for anyone to discuss in public what they do with their private parts. Why do some people think it's ok for anyone to even mention the word "gay" in public because that word automatically brings something inappropriate to mind.
It only brings something inappropriate to mind if your perverse mind is full of unwanted sexual images, just waiting to leak out.

No one here is talking about sex, or the use of their private parts. If that's what springs to mind whenever you hear that some folks are attracted to the same gender, then you have problems. Don't project them on others.

I can assure you that gay folks don't have that problem when we become aware that someone is straight.
demodick

Jamestown, NY

#10 Feb 17, 2014
Who gives this guy the right to push his deviant behavior onto Jamestown. He has been abusing his power as council president and the mayor and rest of council should demand his immediate resignation.
Really

Buffalo, NY

#11 Feb 17, 2014
What cmon wrote:
<quoted text> well in today's society we have to celebrate diversity! If not the diverse have the right to label us hatemongers. We're letting the prisoners run the asylum.we should call it gaytown ! It's a dumb idea. Let it run it's course. It will fail. Just like Obama .......
So I have to celebrate gay sex? Really?
Really

Buffalo, NY

#12 Feb 17, 2014
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
It only brings something inappropriate to mind if your perverse mind is full of unwanted sexual images, just waiting to leak out.
No one here is talking about sex, or the use of their private parts. If that's what springs to mind whenever you hear that some folks are attracted to the same gender, then you have problems. Don't project them on others.
I can assure you that gay folks don't have that problem when we become aware that someone is straight.
Yes, yes this is about gay sex. This is about homosexuals. Sexual acts between two individuals of the same sex are implicit in the word gay. It is the exclusive and definitive meaning. Just because you may have a strong "socially acceptable" platform doesn't mean that most of us are silently really tired of hearing about it. Let me be the first to say that love is love. I have absolutely no objection to anybody's preference. However, the next time you feel the urge to share with the community of heterosexuals, remember we silently don't care. Grow up. Stop parading around because this is now becoming a ridiculous mockery of the majority. I once remember a professor from JCC who stated that which is different from the normal is not usually socially acceptable. It is deviant. It will never be understood by those who are not gay. Though you are a rare variant of natures many beautiful creatures, please give it a rest.
demodick

Jamestown, NY

#13 Feb 17, 2014
Also JCC should not be allowing him to "chaperone" all those trips to Europe with his "boys". Heard that he openly likes to drink alcohol on campus in front of his students. Very poor example for our youth.
john smith

Jamestown, NY

#14 Feb 17, 2014
This discussion highlights the narrowminded bigotry that is so inherent in this community. It is so sad that our moral code is hardwired to the 1950s -- sixty years later!! Just because the majority of our community (including myself) happen to be white, anglo-saxon, and straight -- doesn't mean that other ethnicities and orientations should be excluded from having their voices heard as well. What's wrong with you people?
demodick

Jamestown, NY

#15 Feb 17, 2014
john smith wrote:
This discussion highlights the narrowminded bigotry that is so inherent in this community. It is so sad that our moral code is hardwired to the 1950s -- sixty years later!! Just because the majority of our community (including myself) happen to be white, anglo-saxon, and straight -- doesn't mean that other ethnicities and orientations should be excluded from having their voices heard as well. What's wrong with you people?
Do you really think the people Rabb represents approve of his behavior?
I don't ! He has done nothing positive for Jamestown since taking office.
Just me

New York, NY

#16 Feb 18, 2014
I for one don't wanna hear about ANYONE'S sexual orientation (gay or straight) or what goes on behind closed doors, and I certainly don't care to see it. This is Jamestown, not San Fransisco or NYC. We are a small community with a lot of "old school" beliefs. My grandfather still calls blacks "colored fellas" not because he's prejudiced, but because he's 83 yrs old. I believe in God but I don't want religion shoved down my throat. I have gay friends who get mad when I say, "that's gay!" You know what's wrong with this? Having to be politically correct all the time. Everyone is soo sensitive! Cry about it.. Everyone has freedom of speech and the pastor may have gone a little far but he's a pastor. What do you expect?? Maybe the post journal should be more selective on what they put out there. Idk?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 3 min Die Hard Arkie 68,779
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 min Christshariahns 8,738
Biggest Gay Lies (May '14) 6 min Good Reverend 3,064
Cashier tells lesbian couple 'all gay people sh... 12 min Charlie Feather 42
Ex-Ford Employee Claims He Was Fired For Anti-G... 28 min Lester 27
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 32 min anon 57,249
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 46 min NoahLovesU 29,174
Man takes legal action after Denver baker refus... 2 hr Rick in Kansas 664
Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay marriage wo... 2 hr Rick in Kansas 52
More from around the web