Anderson encourages Christians to pro...

Anderson encourages Christians to proclaim truth about marriage

There are 6 comments on the Media Newswire story from Feb 25, 2014, titled Anderson encourages Christians to proclaim truth about marriage. In it, Media Newswire reports that:

JACKSON, Tenn. - Feb. 24, 2014- The heart of the marriage equality debate lies in the definition of marriage, said Ryan T. Anderson during the 'True Marriage Equality: Man and Woman' lecture Feb. 13 at Union University.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Media Newswire.

Flattop

Apison, TN

#1 Feb 27, 2014
Look, there are millions of Americans who are not Christians and have no desire to be. We as non Christian, do not believe the definition of marriage should be left up to a religious group who has an agenda to block anyone else s definition thereof. America belongs to all Americans not just to the Christian Americans..Equality for all is the constitution, and by the constitution we will live, judge and rule. We certainly wouldn't want to use the Bible's definition of marriage, it's not very pretty. Thank you for your time.
Joe Friday

Gadsden, TN

#2 Mar 3, 2014
Flattop wrote:
Look, there are millions of Americans who are not Christians and have no desire to be. We as non Christian, do not believe the definition of marriage should be left up to a religious group who has an agenda to block anyone else s definition thereof. America belongs to all Americans not just to the Christian Americans..Equality for all is the constitution, and by the constitution we will live, judge and rule. We certainly wouldn't want to use the Bible's definition of marriage, it's not very pretty. Thank you for your time.
Christians aren't the only religious group who don't believe in same sex marriage.....

Jackson, TN

#3 Mar 3, 2014
Joe Friday wrote:
<quoted text>Christians aren't the only religious group who don't believe in same sex marriage.....
When will the Baptists realize that they are on the wrong side of history here. They realized pretty quickly that being anti-divorce was going to put an end to their denomination so they let that issue pass. Now they are getting their panties all in a wad about gay marriage. When the parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins and friends of gay and lesbian people start leaving the church because of their views then the church will reexamine their views. Just as they did with the divorce issue. When was the last time you heard a minister preach against the evils of divorce?
Joe Friday

Gadsden, TN

#4 Mar 4, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>When will the Baptists realize that they are on the wrong side of history here. They realized pretty quickly that being anti-divorce was going to put an end to their denomination so they let that issue pass. Now they are getting their panties all in a wad about gay marriage. When the parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins and friends of gay and lesbian people start leaving the church because of their views then the church will reexamine their views. Just as they did with the divorce issue. When was the last time you heard a minister preach against the evils of divorce?
That's the problem, religion doesn't change. People change it as they want it to fit their life. The people trying to rewrite the religion are going to have it worse on judgement day for deceiving the congregations. I simply try to love everyone. Whether I agree or not with someone else's lifestyle doesn't mean I can't love and befriend them. It's just you don't have enough people preaching love and acceptance WHILE teaching the word. That's my opinion at least.
Flattop

Apison, TN

#5 Mar 4, 2014
who="Joe Friday"]<quoted text>
Christians aren't the only religious group who don't believe in same sex marriage.....
The obvious reply to your truthful account of the belief patterns of America is, if that's not your personal beliefs, then don't marry a person of your gender. Be careful though that you do not press your beliefs on the open free paths of others. With stats revealing that American Evangelicals account for the highest divorce rate, I am wondering if I should take your argument seriously. The Bible encourages you to teach by example. That example is not encouraging. The lowest divorce rate in America are the non-believers and atheists. But however you see it be honorable and upright by example, practicing your teaching. Thanks for your thoughtful reply.
Joe Friday

Gadsden, TN

#6 Mar 4, 2014
Flattop wrote:
[QUOTE] who="Joe Friday"]<quoted text>
Christians aren't the only religious group who don't believe in same sex marriage....."

The obvious reply to your truthful account of the belief patterns of America is, if that's not your personal beliefs, then don't marry a person of your gender. Be careful though that you do not press your beliefs on the open free paths of others. With stats revealing that American Evangelicals account for the highest divorce rate, I am wondering if I should take your argument seriously. The Bible encourages you to teach by example. That example is not encouraging. The lowest divorce rate in America are the non-believers and atheists. But however you see it be honorable and upright by example, practicing your teaching. Thanks for your thoughtful reply.
I agree with you about the lead by example, as a Christian that's what our bible says. But too many part time Christians like to condemn as if they were sinless. But we all know that's false! Lol. Good day to you, thanks as well for the honest/respectful replies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 20 min ImFree2Choose 631
News Straight or gay? Your boss wants to know 22 min David Cheever 8
News The Latest: Obama pledges federal support in fl... 51 min Rentboy Robbie 2
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Respect71 37,275
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 4 hr River Tam 13,010
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 6 hr Here is what I 36,046
News Pope says gay people deserve an apology 6 hr Here is what I 7
News Chicago Reacts to Orlando Shooting 7 hr WasteWater 39
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 7 hr WasteWater 919
More from around the web