ENDA Is A Demonic Plot To Bankrupt Christian Businesses?

May 9, 2013 Full story: lezgetreal.com 18
A rabidly homophobic ex-chaplain has claimed that the Employment Non-Discrimination Act or ENDA would bankrupt Christians businesses and is a demonic plot Full Story
PDXDru

Portland, OR

#1 May 9, 2013
Ugh... why is it that so many think *ALL* Christians are against LGBT rights, when there are many denominations and individual congregations that are very supportive.

Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
Romans 13:10

“God made in the image of man”

Since: May 07

Sausalito, CA

#2 May 9, 2013
Christian businesses think that after turning away gay employees they will continue to get business from the LGBT community?! That'll be the day! They should think again. All it would take is a national online registry -- any business who refuses gay clients or employees immediately goes on the list and -- poof! the LGBT clientele is gone. It wouldn't even take a law such as ENDA -- they will go bankrupt all by themselves. Look what's happening to the Boys Scouts.

The hypocrites! We've never seen them turn away divorced people, or unmarried couples living together, but now suddenly the bigots have 'moral' standards. Makes one sick.

Sausalito, CA

#3 May 9, 2013
PDXDru wrote:
Ugh... why is it that so many think *ALL* Christians are against LGBT rights, when there are many denominations and individual congregations that are very supportive.
Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
Romans 13:10
Very true, but that's the unfortunate thing about being guilty by association. Since the advent of Islamic radicalism, the whole world looks at Muslims suspiciously, rightly or wrongly. Likewise, the word 'christian' is fast becoming a stench throughout the world. Many unfortunate christians have no part in it, but they're a minority. Maybe they need to find a new term to distinguish themselves from the virulent strain of christianity.

Personally, I find it tedious to have to throw in a disclaimer whenever I refer to 'christians'. Maybe the true Christians should heed the words of Revelation 18:4, 5: "And I heard another voice out of heaven say: "Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues. For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind." (Regarding the fall of Babylon the Great -- whatever that symbolism refers to.)
Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#4 May 9, 2013
What an "everything in this world happens because of or to us" because of our self perceived religious superiority, viewpoint. It has nothing to do with real people wanting equal rights in the workplace, they can't even see it.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#5 May 9, 2013
I'll never apply for a job at or do business with places I know fires/not hires and/or refuses service to gays.

Sausalito, CA

#6 May 10, 2013
equalityboy81 wrote:
I'll never apply for a job at or do business with places I know fires/not hires and/or refuses service to gays.
I agree. The problem is that you don't always know in advance. It's an insidious thing. You make holiday reservations, but when you get there and they see the two of you together they suddenly go 'christian' on you, and then you don't have accommodation. Or you go for a normal job interview and the christian interviewer gets an inkling and you simply never hear from them again.(Tough to prove in court, though.)

It's similar to the way segregation worked in the South except that our orientation is not visible to them over the phone or in email -- they can only really tell when they see two of us together in certain situations, or through our own admission -- and then the 'christian' resistance kicks in.

I am a stench to them as they are to me. The only difference is that I have no 'moral principle' that causes me to willfully exclude a job applicant simply because he/she is christian. However, I certainly will exclude them if I get the impression that they will attempt to proselytize co-workers or clients on the job!

Sausalito, CA

#7 May 10, 2013
equalityboy81 wrote:
That's why a national registry of known 'christian' establishments will be helpful, so that we can avoid the embarrassment of being discriminated against in public. Like you I will never willingly walk into such a situation, and I do rely on the word of other gays who have had that misfortune.

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#8 May 10, 2013
Umninimuzi wrote:
Christian businesses think that after turning away gay employees they will continue to get business from the LGBT community?! That'll be the day! They should think again. All it would take is a national online registry -- any business who refuses gay clients or employees immediately goes on the list and -- poof! the LGBT clientele is gone. It wouldn't even take a law such as ENDA -- they will go bankrupt all by themselves. Look what's happening to the Boys Scouts.
The hypocrites! We've never seen them turn away divorced people, or unmarried couples living together, but now suddenly the bigots have 'moral' standards. Makes one sick.
If you subscribe to the HRC newsletters every year they list the top 100 LGBT corporations and there ratings, on a local level we have what is called the AYP "alternative yellow pages" that is printed yearly listings of gay and gay friendly local company's so we have the opportunity to do business within the community

“We are all atheists”

Since: May 11

Lewes, DE

#9 May 10, 2013
Umninimuzi wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why a national registry of known 'christian' establishments will be helpful, so that we can avoid the embarrassment of being discriminated against in public. Like you I will never willingly walk into such a situation, and I do rely on the word of other gays who have had that misfortune.
Remember the DAMRON gay bar guides? They listed gay bars and clubs all over the country so you could always find where to go when traveling. Maybe something like that would be useful. Better yet, the evangelicals could make their own - the "Jeebus Guide."

“Some people are gay - get over”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

#10 May 10, 2013
Yes he's right. Being fair to everyone IS a demonic plot.

Certainly it doesn't sound like anything a loving, caring deity would advocate.

Sausalito, CA

#11 May 10, 2013
disaster in the making wrote:
<quoted text>
If you subscribe to the HRC newsletters every year they list the top 100 LGBT corporations and there ratings, on a local level we have what is called the AYP "alternative yellow pages" that is printed yearly listings of gay and gay friendly local company's so we have the opportunity to do business within the community
Yes, those are very helpful; I have consulted them from time to time. Very positive of the HRC. What I'm suggesting is a 'blacklist'-- also tell me whom to boycott and I'll do so, e.g. Chick-Fil-A (look how that worked!) etc. The gay community has some real buying power, and we should use it collectively to effect change.

Sausalito, CA

#12 May 10, 2013
qwerty26 wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember the DAMRON gay bar guides? They listed gay bars and clubs all over the country so you could always find where to go when traveling. Maybe something like that would be useful. Better yet, the evangelicals could make their own - the "Jeebus Guide."
Also Spartacus.

Since: May 12

Livonia, MI

#13 May 10, 2013
Umninimuzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, those are very helpful; I have consulted them from time to time. Very positive of the HRC. What I'm suggesting is a 'blacklist'-- also tell me whom to boycott and I'll do so, e.g. Chick-Fil-A (look how that worked!) etc. The gay community has some real buying power, and we should use it collectively to effect change.
Kind of an Angie's List for GLBT.
That would work. Wish I had the $$ to get it started.
Maybe call it Matthew's List (after Matthew Shepard)

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#14 May 10, 2013
The antichrist is in back of it. We gays all have 666 tattooed on our butts.

Well, at least that is what these morons think!
disgusted american

Philadelphia, PA

#15 May 10, 2013
ENDA Is A Demonic Plot To Bankrupt Christian Businesses? LOL LOL LOL

Since: Sep 10

Earth

#16 May 10, 2013
PDXDru wrote:
Gee, I dunno...could it have anything to do with the anti-gay hate and violence perpetrated by so many christians (e.g. the KKK, the Nazis, Anita Bryant, christian terrorist Eric Rudolph, the Fascist Research Council, etc.)?

Yes, some/many/most christians don't feel that way, but that doesn't show that christianity is in any way loving. On the contrary, it proves (again) that religion has nothing to do with morality or ethics, and it should be left out of the discussion. It also proves the unwillingness of christians to clean up their own house, to criticize those who share the same religion.
Tea Bag Residue Cleanup

Philadelphia, PA

#17 May 10, 2013
"ENDA Is A Demonic Plot To Bankrupt Christian Businesses"

And if it were the problem here would be...?
Tea Bag Residue Cleanup

Philadelphia, PA

#18 May 10, 2013
Oh, I messed up in a basic way:

"ENDA Is A Demonic Plot To Bankrupt Fundamentalist Businesses"

And the problem here would be....?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man takes legal action after Denver baker refus... 1 hr blasterboy1984 578
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Brian_G 8,664
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 2 hr Elton Johns alter... 57,229
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 3 hr blasterboy1984 68,757
Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay marriage wo... 4 hr Belle Sexton 37
Victim testifies at Boy Scout sex trial about m... 4 hr blasterboy1984 95
Blizzard-stricken East digs out amid forecast 2... 4 hr Belle Sexton 15
More from around the web