UT’s Ongoing Guilt in the Anti-Gay Re...

UT’s Ongoing Guilt in the Anti-Gay Regnerus Study

There are 5 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Sep 3, 2013, titled UT’s Ongoing Guilt in the Anti-Gay Regnerus Study. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

Mark Regnerus's University of Texas at Austin is neck-deep in the unethical behavior surrounding the anti-gay New Family Structures Study.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

Carver

Höst, Germany

#1 Sep 3, 2013
Mark Regnerus is one of the greatest men of our time!

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#2 Sep 3, 2013
Carver wrote:
Mark Regnerus is one of the greatest men of our time!
This comment coming from someone who described jerking-off with his imaginary friends all weekend on Topix as the greatest of times. I hope he never hears of your endorsement, the poor man must be depressed enough, finding out he's a hero to a jerk-off like you, might drive him over the edge.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#3 Sep 3, 2013
"Regnerus himself concludes that “I am thus not suggesting that growing up with a lesbian mother or gay father causes suboptimal outcomes because of the sexual orientation or sexual behavior of the parent.”

In sum, by conflating (1) children raised by same-sex parents with (2) individuals who reportedly had a parent who had “a romantic relationship with someone of the same sex,” and referring to such individuals as children of “lesbian mothers” or “gay fathers,” the Regnerus study obscures the fact that it did not specifically examine children raised by two same-sex parents. Accordingly, it cannot speak to the impact of same-sex parenting on child outcomes."

American Sociological Association
david traversa

Rosario, Argentina

#4 Sep 3, 2013
This shameless trickery , clearly unsupported by science , has backfired ; to the advantage of the gay cause and to the discredit of both the University of Texas and religious zealots .
qwerty26

Rehoboth Beach, DE

#5 Sep 4, 2013
david traversa wrote:
This shameless trickery , clearly unsupported by science , has backfired ; to the advantage of the gay cause and to the discredit of both the University of Texas and religious zealots .
Are you kidding? The people who financed and who support this sham paper have gotten more than their money's worth. It is being used across the world whenever some group wants something "scientific" to back up their bigotry - recently being cited in Russia in their anti-gay pogroms, for example.

They do not care if the paper is not worth a crap - they know that for those who want to hear the anti-gay message, they will not look any further into the matter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Congressman Under Fire For 'Outlaw Divorce' Rem... (Jul '06) 46 min Federal Contracto... 94
News Egyptian Police Using Gay Dating Apps To Hunt Gays 1 hr david traversa 3
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Brian_G 38,891
News Clooney's restraining order 2 hr Here is what I 57
News Indiana lawmakers to discuss ongoing LGBT right... 2 hr Fa-Foxy 1
News Parade kicks off Erie's pride festival 2 hr Fa-Foxy 22
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 3 hr JODECKO 147
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 5 hr who cares 16,119
News Man charged after lubricant dispenser filled wi... 7 hr Mite Be 27
News Transgender Ken doll cake triggers outrage afte... 8 hr WasteWater 49
More from around the web