No Gay Pride in Moscow

No Gay Pride in Moscow

There are 17 comments on the EDGE story from May 15, 2013, titled No Gay Pride in Moscow. In it, EDGE reports that:

It looks like there will be no gay pride parade for LGBT rights activists and supporters to march in in Moscow this year, as the city's government officials refuse to authorize the event, saying "From our point of view, there is no need for such events in the city," the Moscow Times reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#1 May 15, 2013
Russia cannot escape it's past.....

Pity the poor Russian people.:(
Morris

Poland

#2 May 15, 2013
Russia gives me hope for our world!

Way to go Russia!
Tomas

Turkey

#3 May 15, 2013
Hooray for Russia!
Harold

Budapest, Hungary

#5 May 15, 2013
I admire and commend the Russian people for properly dealing with homosexuals!
What the FFFF

Aptos, CA

#6 May 16, 2013
The solution to MY discomfort with something is to remove YOUR freedom ?
How childishly simple.
An incompetent bureaucrat's solution to everything is "No".

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#7 May 16, 2013
Harold wrote:
I personally will buy you a ONE WAY airline ticket to there! Go for it boy!
disgusted american

Philadelphia, PA

#8 May 16, 2013
Harold wrote:
circa 1935 I admire and commend the Russian people for properly dealing with JEWS!
disgusted american

Philadelphia, PA

#10 May 16, 2013
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are disgusting.
I was making a point to the other commentor.....Im a liv and let live person..in all aspects of american life

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#11 May 16, 2013
disgusted american wrote:
<quoted text>I was making a point to the other commentor.....Im a liv and let live person..in all aspects of american life
So you think both Jodi Arias and Arial Castro should be allowed to live ?

I don't.
disgusted american

Philadelphia, PA

#12 May 16, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't.
WT are u talking abot- thats not what this comment bx is about

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#14 May 16, 2013
Thats Right wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I do. I think death is too easy for them. I think they should be locked up for life, and suffer whatever the rest of their life encounters in prison. I'm sure it won't be pleasant.
I have a number of objections to that:

1. Putting them to Death is JUSTICE.

2. Convicted murders often prey upon, and sometimes murder, other inmates.

3. There have been a number of high-profile cases over the years where a judge sentenced a convicted murderer to life without parole, and years later, they were released to resume their life outside of prison, EVEN THOUGH THEIR GUILT WAS CLEAR, AND THEIR CONVICTIONS WERE NOT OVERTURNED.

A notable example of this was the case of Nathan Freudenthal Leopold, Jr.,(November 19, 1904 – August 29, 1971) a wealthy University of Chicago law student who kidnapped and murdered 14-year-old Robert Franks in 1924 in Chicago.

The judge, Cook County Circuit Court Judge John R. Caverly. presiding over the case of Leopold & Loeb (their names are almost always used together) sentenced each man to to life imprisonment for the murder and 99 years each for the kidnapping. The judge SPECIFICALLY SAID that Leopold should NEVER get out of prison and that he should die there.

Yet, despite the admitted premeditation of the murder, and the careful planning involved, Leopold was released from prison in 1958, got married, and lived, by all accounts, a normal happily married life outside of prison.

So much for "life in prison plus 99 years for the brutal and carefully planned murder of 14 year old Robert Franks.

Leopold SHOULD HAVE BEEN EXECUTED. THAT would have been JUSTICE.

And incidentally, with regards to Point 2 above, Leopold's partner in crime, Richard Loeb, WAS MURDERED IN PRISON BY A CONVICTED MURDERER.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#15 May 16, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't.
And this has to do with Moscow gay pride HOW?
Sgt Common Sense

United States

#17 May 16, 2013
Wow, the Republican Party has moved so far right that they now agree with Communists.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#18 May 16, 2013
Thats Right wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe me, I understand how you feel about that. It would be justice, but those people you were referring to, that was a very long time ago. I don't believe there could or would be any reason or justification for letting them out of prison, in their lifetime. I believe that by making them live and deal with the dangers and hardship that prison will entail, will be much worse that having then be put to sleep and never wake up. That's just too easy for monsters like them.
A very long time ago ???!!! He was out of prison, living a happily married life in the 1970's ! That is NOT a "long time ago" ! According to HIS OWN TESTIMONY, he PLANNED the murder of Robert Franks FOR 7 MONTHS ! He NEVER should've gotten out ! But they let him out anyway !

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#19 May 16, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
A very long time ago ???!!! He was out of prison, living a happily married life in the 1970's ! That is NOT a "long time ago" ! According to HIS OWN TESTIMONY, he PLANNED the murder of Robert Franks FOR 7 MONTHS ! He NEVER should've gotten out ! But they let him out anyway !
And this has to do with lack of gay pride in Moscow HOW?
Golem is Dead

Indianapolis, IN

#20 May 16, 2013
Russia has the right idea..queers belong in hell.
Tomas

Turkey

#21 May 16, 2013
Way to go Russia!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 2 min Ismail 892
News The anti-Nadler landslide 7 min Rotunda Neck 2
Will NE Jade Apologise two Frankie twoday? 11 min Big Frankie Fan 28
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 14 min June VanDerMark 10,682
News Meet the Two Transgender Women Who Won Primary ... 24 min I Hate Trannys 2
Why Do Homosexuals Eat Feces? 32 min Rainbow Kid 4
News New laws on abortion set to take effect around ... 40 min Norbert of Norview 2
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 41 min Frankie Rizzo 978
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 48 min Respect71 37,387
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 13,155
More from around the web