Minnesota becomes 12th state to OK gay marriage

There are 20 comments on the Fox News story from May 14, 2013, titled Minnesota becomes 12th state to OK gay marriage. In it, Fox News reports that:

As a crowd of thousands roared from the lawn of the state Capitol, Minnesota Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox News.

buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#619 May 22, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess what.....Gay and Lesbian couples pay a LOT of money in taxes each and every year as well......so, it's not just YOU who should reap the benefits of having federal rights, benefits and privileges for being married(if you are)!
Well, as of today, you are wrong. According to federal law only couples consisting of a man and a woman are entitled to recieve the survivor benefits I mentioned. And, if DOMA stands, that will be the way it stays. In my OPINION the SCOTUS should uphold the law.

Tomorrow you may be right, and the law may be struck down. My opinion is only that... an opinion. If the Court disagrees with me I can live with it. Law is law.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#620 May 22, 2013
The Coal Handlers Son wrote:
One nation under God ! So yeah , our whole country was founded by religion and the teachings of God! Then you gays want to say your right to marry shouldn't be taken away! It should've never been anyway! Why don't you move to Africa if you don't like the way this country operates. Gay marriage is the beginning of the end for this country! So the next one of you that says it has nothing to do with religion is wrong! You have no argument!
You are citing a 20th Century poem as evidence of the original intent of our founders?

You've yet to present FACTS, and the links that support them.

Without FACTS and supporting materials, YOU have no argument.

Stop trolling.

“RULING IN JUNE”

Since: Aug 08

WILL FUEL PRIDE WEEK :-)

#621 May 22, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>Well, as of today, you are wrong. According to federal law only couples consisting of a man and a woman are entitled to recieve the survivor benefits I mentioned. And, if DOMA stands, that will be the way it stays. In my OPINION the SCOTUS should uphold the law.
Tomorrow you may be right, and the law may be struck down. My opinion is only that... an opinion. If the Court disagrees with me I can live with it. Law is law.
Well, no where in my comment did I say that married Gay and Lesbian couples currently receive federal rights, benefits or privileges......I stated that they currently pay more in taxes because they DON'T have the rights, benefits or privileges of the federal government........and that could end in roughly 30 days!!!

So, not only are ya not the brightest bulb in the light fixture.....you can't comprehend what is written either!!!
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#622 May 22, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, no where in my comment did I say that married Gay and Lesbian couples currently receive federal rights, benefits or privileges......I stated that they currently pay more in taxes because they DON'T have the rights, benefits or privileges of the federal government........and that could end in roughly 30 days!!!
So, not only are ya not the brightest bulb in the light fixture.....you can't comprehend what is written either!!!
Okay, let me dumb it down for you. As of today queers are not eligible for the benefits, and in my opinion they don't deserve them. That is the law as of today.

If DOMA is struck down they WILL be elegible for hundreds of benefits costing the federal government millions of dollars. More deserving programs will have to be cut to make up that money. I oppose those benefits.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#623 May 22, 2013
It will be interesting to see if the SCOTUS will eat it's own words when it comes down to the nut cutting. I admit that this is from another case, but the words mean the same and judgement has been handed down. If DOMA is overturned it will open a large can of worms. This ruling is from Murphy vs Ramsey:

"For certainly no legislation can be supposed more wholesome and necessary in the founding of a free, self-governing commonwealth, fit to take rank as one of the coordinate states of the Union, than that which seeks to establish it on the basis of the idea of the family, as consisting in and springing from the union for life of ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN in the holy estate of matrimony; the sure foundation of all that is stable and noble in our civilization; the best guarantee of that reverent morality which is the source of all beneficent progress in social and political improvement. And to this end, no means are more directly and immediately suitable than those provided by this act, which endeavors to withdraw all political influence from those who are practically hostile to its attainment."
Tyler Armstrong

Englewood, CO

#624 May 22, 2013
I don't agree with their choice. God made a man and a women for a purpose to be one in flesh(Genisis chapter 2). So I don't like the idea of gay marriage but I'm not going to be like the Westboro Baptist church. So think about it America. Think real hard and pray for forgivness.

“"On The Threshold Of A Dream" ”

Since: Mar 12

Montreal Canada

#625 May 22, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, let me dumb it down for you. As of today queers are not eligible for the benefits, and in my opinion they don't deserve them. That is the law as of today.
If DOMA is struck down they WILL be elegible for hundreds of benefits costing the federal government millions of dollars. More deserving programs will have to be cut to make up that money. I oppose those benefits.
Gays are already paying taxes to supplement your benefits! Why is it OK for them to have to pay taxes to supplement your benefits and they in turn get nothing for the taxes they already pay! Gays are also paying for your benefits! Try again shall we! Part 3 of DOMA will be struck down as Unconstitutional because it is just that,Unconstitutional and we will know next month! I'll be back to watch you whine next month!
The Coal Handlers Son

Columbus, IN

#626 May 22, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>You are citing a 20th Century poem as evidence of the original intent of our founders?

You've yet to present FACTS, and the links that support them.

Without FACTS and supporting materials, YOU have no argument.

Stop trolling.
Stop sucking your boyfriend and my tax dollars
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#627 May 22, 2013
Days Of Futures Past wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays are already paying taxes to supplement your benefits! Why is it OK for them to have to pay taxes to supplement your benefits and they in turn get nothing for the taxes they already pay! Gays are also paying for your benefits! Try again shall we! Part 3 of DOMA will be struck down as Unconstitutional because it is just that,Unconstitutional and we will know next month! I'll be back to watch you whine next month!
We all pay taxes. We all benefit from those taxes. You gays need to work on your reading comp skills. I get no more use of the money than gays. Why is that hard to understand? I oppose gay marriage in part because it allows gays to gain extra benefits from something that I DO NOT BELIEVE IN: Marrige between same sex people.

You will not hear me whine if it is struck down. Go back and read my posts regarding that event.

“RULING IN JUNE”

Since: Aug 08

WILL FUEL PRIDE WEEK :-)

#628 May 22, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, let me dumb it down for you. As of today queers are not eligible for the benefits, and in my opinion they don't deserve them. That is the law as of today.
If DOMA is struck down they WILL be elegible for hundreds of benefits costing the federal government millions of dollars. More deserving programs will have to be cut to make up that money. I oppose those benefits.
Wow, you really aren't very bright.......but then, you also claim that you won't be upset when SCOTUS tosses Section 3 of DOMA.

“RULING IN JUNE”

Since: Aug 08

WILL FUEL PRIDE WEEK :-)

#629 May 22, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>We all pay taxes. We all benefit from those taxes. You gays need to work on your reading comp skills. I get no more use of the money than gays. Why is that hard to understand? I oppose gay marriage in part because it allows gays to gain extra benefits from something that I DO NOT BELIEVE IN: Marrige between same sex people.
You will not hear me whine if it is struck down. Go back and read my posts regarding that event.
You're already whining.......and have been for at least a few hours......you can oppose the right to marry for Same-Sex Couples all ya want, but Marriage Equality is coming to all 50 states eventually and those legally married Same-Sex Couples will get federal recognition, as well as the rights, benefits and privileges that go with it:-)

“RULING IN JUNE”

Since: Aug 08

WILL FUEL PRIDE WEEK :-)

#630 May 22, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
It will be interesting to see if the SCOTUS will eat it's own words when it comes down to the nut cutting. I admit that this is from another case, but the words mean the same and judgement has been handed down. If DOMA is overturned it will open a large can of worms. This ruling is from Murphy vs Ramsey:
"For certainly no legislation can be supposed more wholesome and necessary in the founding of a free, self-governing commonwealth, fit to take rank as one of the coordinate states of the Union, than that which seeks to establish it on the basis of the idea of the family, as consisting in and springing from the union for life of ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN in the holy estate of matrimony; the sure foundation of all that is stable and noble in our civilization; the best guarantee of that reverent morality which is the source of all beneficent progress in social and political improvement. And to this end, no means are more directly and immediately suitable than those provided by this act, which endeavors to withdraw all political influence from those who are practically hostile to its attainment."
You really are going to quote from an 1885 case regarding bigamy?
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#631 May 22, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are going to quote from an 1885 case regarding bigamy?
Do Supreme Court rulings expire? And I did point out in advance that it was in regard to another case. But wording is wording. It seems I'm always having to repeat and explain to you and your butt buddy.
Some Never Came Home

Toronto, Canada

#632 May 22, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>We all pay taxes. We all benefit from those taxes. You gays need to work on your reading comp skills. I get no more use of the money than gays. Why is that hard to understand? I oppose gay marriage in part because it allows gays to gain extra benefits from something that I DO NOT BELIEVE IN: Marrige between same sex people.
You will not hear me whine if it is struck down. Go back and read my posts regarding that event.
Extra benefits my azz! They only ask for the very same one's that YOU enjoy when they are in a state recognized legal marriage! Nothing extra about it! "EQUAL treatment under the law for ALL Americans!
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#633 May 22, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
You're already whining.......and have been for at least a few hours......you can oppose the right to marry for Same-Sex Couples all ya want, but Marriage Equality is coming to all 50 states eventually and those legally married Same-Sex Couples will get federal recognition, as well as the rights, benefits and privileges that go with it:-)
We'll see.

“RULING IN JUNE”

Since: Aug 08

WILL FUEL PRIDE WEEK :-)

#634 May 22, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>Do Supreme Court rulings expire? And I did point out in advance that it was in regard to another case. But wording is wording. It seems I'm always having to repeat and explain to you and your butt buddy.
They don't, but a bigamy case has NOTHING to do with Gays and Lesbians getting married to the person of their choosing.........and we were discussing polygamy either!!!

“RULING IN JUNE”

Since: Aug 08

WILL FUEL PRIDE WEEK :-)

#635 May 22, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
It seems I'm always having to repeat and explain to you and your butt buddy.
Ummm, again I'm a Lesbian and so is my wife:-)

“RULING IN JUNE”

Since: Aug 08

WILL FUEL PRIDE WEEK :-)

#636 May 22, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>We'll see.
We will.......but anything is possible!!!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#640 May 22, 2013
And Minnesota continues to be the 12th State.
linda

Owens Cross Roads, AL

#642 May 22, 2013
Fernando Vasquez Imbrugli wrote:
God hates straight Christians.
See Oklahoma.
Your evil

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 3 min Wanderer2452 3,202
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 min Reverend Alan 20,744
News Pat Robertson Urges Parents to Skip Child's Sam... 8 min Gremlin 5
News Woman Files Federal Suit Against All Gays 9 min Reggie 58
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 13 min The_Box 3,486
Are the mods fair and balanced? 14 min forester 850
News Gay marriage foe's argument seems to leave Supr... 17 min Dan 207
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 32 min Pietro Armando 2,483
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 54 min Frankie Rizzo 59,649
More from around the web