Parsippany church: We reject Methodis...

Parsippany church: We reject Methodist stance on homosexuality

There are 5 comments on the The Jersey Journal story from Dec 6, 2013, titled Parsippany church: We reject Methodist stance on homosexuality. In it, The Jersey Journal reports that:

The United Methodist Church of Mount Tabor has joined the Reconciling Ministries Network, and says it rejects the notion homosexuality is sinful.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Jersey Journal.

Calvin

East Orange, NJ

#1 Dec 25, 2013
If this local church rejects the Methodist stance on homosexualty, it cannot be a Christian church. It appears to be a homosexual social club.
Hans

Braunschweig, Germany

#2 Dec 26, 2013
Calvin wrote:
If this local church rejects the Methodist stance on homosexualty, it cannot be a Christian church. It appears to be a homosexual social club.
Well said.
Calvin

East Orange, NJ

#3 Dec 26, 2013
Will Mount Tabor's Children's Day Parade become Mount Tabor's annual Gay Pride Parade?
Chuck

Augusta, NJ

#4 Jan 9, 2014
I don't believe Christianity has an official doctrine pertaining to homosexuality. Other than, "judge not, lest ye be judged thyself". According to Christian teachings, aren't we all sinners? And all sins, aren't they equal in the eyes of god? Perhaps I'm wrong, but that has always been my understanding of Christianity.
Chuck

Phillipsburg, NJ

#5 Mar 25, 2014
Boycott the Mount Tabor United Methodist Church Thrift Shop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Making GOP history, Trump vows to protect LGBTQ... 2 min Gremlin 7
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 4 min positronium 1,153
News Australian Gay-Marriage Crusader Was Fugitive W... 4 min Conrad 6
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 5 min Brian_G 15,049
News Alabama's chief justice defends his gay marriag... 12 min Gremlin 9
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 16 min Frankie Rizzo 38,671
News Gay pair first to do school presentation ball a... 19 min Gremlin 3
News Austin Loses 'A Safe Space for Gay Men to Go Ha... 1 hr Hue Dong 28
More from around the web