National Organization For Marriage Forgets History

Dec 8, 2012 Full story: lezgetreal.com
The National Organization for Marriage is prepping for its next front in the war on equality by buying up a lot of site names indicating that there are gays who oppose marriage equality. Full Story

Since: Sep 10

Earth

#3 Dec 9, 2012
As I posted on the site:

-----

Why is it no one mentions the dishonesty in the naming of bigoted groups (read: rightwing christian groups)?

“National organization of marriage” or NOM? It’s a deliberate imitation of the National Organization of Women, NOW.

“American centre for law and justice” or ACLJ? It’s a deliberate imitation of the American Civil Liberties Union, ACLU.

The similarity of the lettering is intentional, an intent to fool the less aware into misidentifying who the bigots are both for vocal and financial support. How many well meaning people have mistakenly donated to those hate groups because of their acronyms?

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#4 Dec 9, 2012
P_Smith wrote:
As I posted on the site:
-----
Why is it no one mentions the dishonesty in the naming of bigoted groups (read: rightwing christian groups)?
“National organization of marriage” or NOM? It’s a deliberate imitation of the National Organization of Women, NOW.
“American centre for law and justice” or ACLJ? It’s a deliberate imitation of the American Civil Liberties Union, ACLU.
The similarity of the lettering is intentional, an intent to fool the less aware into misidentifying who the bigots are both for vocal and financial support. How many well meaning people have mistakenly donated to those hate groups because of their acronyms?
Your underestimating the intellect of the movement

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#6 Dec 9, 2012
"A big recent example is Sarah Palin who opposes everything that women have in terms of rights, but enjoys the benefits of them anyway."
-The Article

LSP would claim blasphemy on this.

On topic: It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that any anti-equality hate group would stoop this low. They are the scum of the Earth, promoting hate and reveling in it.

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#9 Dec 10, 2012
Lacez wrote:
"A big recent example is Sarah Palin who opposes everything that women have in terms of rights, but enjoys the benefits of them anyway."
-The Article
LSP would claim blasphemy on this.
On topic: It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that any anti-equality hate group would stoop this low. They are the scum of the Earth, promoting hate and reveling in it.
There is no low for NOM they will sell there sole to the devil for what they want, there taking this new route cause they loosing there political clot

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
McCain's Gay Chief of Staff Wins Roy Cohn Award (Sep '08) 12 min Swedenforever 7
Questions linger on gay Boy Scout leaders as Ga... 49 min Fa-Foxy 7
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 56 min Brian_G 56,247
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 1 hr Shiro Hima 1,631
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 1 hr cpeter1313 696
Once more on fascism knocking on the Balkan doo... (Aug '09) 1 hr Lukashenko is Dr ... 2,123
Beck: Liberals Won't Condemn Islam Because of '... 1 hr Fundies R Mentall... 10
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 2,277
Gay Marriage and the Limits of Tradition 3 hr Pietro Armando 1,033
Board member opposes teaching definition of gay 3 hr Fundies R Mentall... 130
State of Alaska defends gay-marriage ban 5 hr WeTheSheeple 165

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE