National Organization For Marriage Forgets History

Dec 8, 2012 Full story: lezgetreal.com
The National Organization for Marriage is prepping for its next front in the war on equality by buying up a lot of site names indicating that there are gays who oppose marriage equality. Full Story

Since: Sep 10

Earth

#3 Dec 9, 2012
As I posted on the site:

-----

Why is it no one mentions the dishonesty in the naming of bigoted groups (read: rightwing christian groups)?

“National organization of marriage” or NOM? It’s a deliberate imitation of the National Organization of Women, NOW.

“American centre for law and justice” or ACLJ? It’s a deliberate imitation of the American Civil Liberties Union, ACLU.

The similarity of the lettering is intentional, an intent to fool the less aware into misidentifying who the bigots are both for vocal and financial support. How many well meaning people have mistakenly donated to those hate groups because of their acronyms?

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#4 Dec 9, 2012
P_Smith wrote:
As I posted on the site:
-----
Why is it no one mentions the dishonesty in the naming of bigoted groups (read: rightwing christian groups)?
“National organization of marriage” or NOM? It’s a deliberate imitation of the National Organization of Women, NOW.
“American centre for law and justice” or ACLJ? It’s a deliberate imitation of the American Civil Liberties Union, ACLU.
The similarity of the lettering is intentional, an intent to fool the less aware into misidentifying who the bigots are both for vocal and financial support. How many well meaning people have mistakenly donated to those hate groups because of their acronyms?
Your underestimating the intellect of the movement

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#6 Dec 9, 2012
"A big recent example is Sarah Palin who opposes everything that women have in terms of rights, but enjoys the benefits of them anyway."
-The Article

LSP would claim blasphemy on this.

On topic: It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that any anti-equality hate group would stoop this low. They are the scum of the Earth, promoting hate and reveling in it.

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#9 Dec 10, 2012
Lacez wrote:
"A big recent example is Sarah Palin who opposes everything that women have in terms of rights, but enjoys the benefits of them anyway."
-The Article
LSP would claim blasphemy on this.
On topic: It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that any anti-equality hate group would stoop this low. They are the scum of the Earth, promoting hate and reveling in it.
There is no low for NOM they will sell there sole to the devil for what they want, there taking this new route cause they loosing there political clot

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 6 min KarlVIIIII 6,185
Taco Bell Responds To 'Leaked' Gay Commercial 9 min Otter in the Ozarks 10
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 14 min Boy G 51,307
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 15 min Cali Girl 2014 27,216
Nick Clegg 'most gay-friendly party leader' 19 min Cleef 1
Gay marriage dynamic in U.S. shifted dramatical... 34 min WeTheSheeple 3
Heroine of gay marriage movement feels pride in... 43 min Cleef 1
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 2 hr WeTheSheeple 5,388
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 4 hr KiMare 3,166
Supreme Court Has 'Tipped Its Hand' In Favor Of... 16 hr WasteWater 54
More from around the web