Gay marriage dispute pending in New M...

Gay marriage dispute pending in New Mexico

There are 350 comments on the KOB-TV New Mexico story from Jun 6, 2013, titled Gay marriage dispute pending in New Mexico. In it, KOB-TV New Mexico reports that:

Attorney General Gary King plans to talk about a simmering dispute over whether same-sex marriage is legal in New Mexico.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB-TV New Mexico.

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#113 Jun 11, 2013
Are wrote:
<quoted text>
we friends? Most folks understand. Equal access to a civil institution. You are the one that makes up bizarre constructs and preconditions to justify a prejudiced point of view.
So the blind should be allowed to get a drivers license?

And criminals should be allowed to get a gun license?

Equal access to civil institutions?

How about letting the rich get on food stamps?

Insanity. Get an education.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#114 Jun 11, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
And you keep failing to explain how marriage can be a civil right, my unregistered trolling friend.
:)
It certainly is an innate Freedom.

Civil Right? Merely by declaring it to be so.

That's how Freedoms become Rights.
wow

Huntsville, AL

#115 Jun 11, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>

The same-sex marriage movement is NOT a civil rights movement. It is social terrorism of a minority that is trying to bully the whole world into accepting something clearly and self-evidently insane.

Any attempt to change that is an act of terrorism and war.
Are we now clear?
you are totally insane.
Do you

Huntsville, AL

#116 Jun 11, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
So the blind should be allowed to get a drivers license?
And criminals should be allowed to get a gun license?
Equal access to civil institutions?
How about letting the rich get on food stamps?
have ADD?

Albuquerque, NM

#117 Jun 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
It certainly is an innate Freedom.
Civil Right? Merely by declaring it to be so.
That's how Freedoms become Rights.
Merely declaring it to be so, eh?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Then I declare that I have a right to YOUR property. Now.

Hand it over, buddy.

Location hidden

#119 Jun 11, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Merely declaring it to be so, eh?
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Then I declare that I have a right to YOUR property. Now.
Hand it over, buddy.
Show me the Eminent Domain documents.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#120 Jun 12, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, no, no, no, you tried to use history to make an argument, and I refuted that.
Nor did you prove you were fighting for equality. Your MOVEMENT has not shown how marriage has anything to do with equality.
Again, rights v. privilege. You have no equal claim to any privilege whatsoever.
What harm is your movement doing?
Abusing the concept of rights, and threatening the CIVIL RIGHTS OF ALL PEOPLE.
When people like are so narrow-minded and stupid as to confuse rights with privileges, you endanger EVERYONE by messing with the very existence of ALL civil rights.
Did I not make that clear?
Let me be perfectly clear then.
The same-sex marriage movement is NOT a civil rights movement. It is social terrorism of a minority that is trying to bully the whole world into accepting something clearly and self-evidently insane.
Society dictates what is normal, what is acceptable, and what is marriage. Society does this by SOCIAL EVOLUTION, otherwise known as TRADITION. You do not get to simply ignore society's rules for your own selfish greed, or perversions.
By letting ANY minority, special interest, or corporation, OR GOVERNMENT, dictate to the people what is normal and acceptable, causes great turmoil, instability, an chaos. The PEOPLE rule, their INSTITUTIONS obey.
Are we now clear?
You refuse to acknowledge my points. I said that we had been fighting for at least 40 years, and showed the article that pointed out the 1970 date. I was not using history to prove any point about equality itself.

I also asked you to show proof of your statement that harm would be caused by the Marriage Equality movement, or its' success.

You are attempting to change what I said, and it won't work. You can prove neither claim. I will not argue the other facets of equality until and unless you can prove the validity of you claim of "harm". If you cannot prove those statements then you are proving yourself to be nothing more than a blowhard attempting to change to conversation to points not being argued.

Albuquerque, NM

#121 Jun 12, 2013
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
You refuse to acknowledge my points. I said that we had been fighting for at least 40 years, and showed the article that pointed out the 1970 date. I was not using history to prove any point about equality itself.
I also asked you to show proof of your statement that harm would be caused by the Marriage Equality movement, or its' success.
You are attempting to change what I said, and it won't work. You can prove neither claim. I will not argue the other facets of equality until and unless you can prove the validity of you claim of "harm". If you cannot prove those statements then you are proving yourself to be nothing more than a blowhard attempting to change to conversation to points not being argued.
Why do you feel your points must be acknowledged when they have nothing to do with the issue? We all know how long the gay community has been fighting for what they perceive as equal rights, and for legitimate protections we all agree with. No one should have to fear for their life or property.

I don't need to show proof of anything. All major social changes require evidence that they will NOT do harm, or that they will be beneficial to ALL PEOPLE, not just a few special interests. Your assertion that no harm will come is not justification for "marriage equality."

1. You have not shown that marriage is a rights issue, or an equality issue. Partnerships, unions, corporations, cannot by logic be equal rights issues, since you are not dealing with individuals, but artificial entities. Is there any such thing as corporate equality? Friendship equality? Union equality? Relationship equality? No, there is not. Thus, the very concept of "marriage equality" simply does not exist.

2. You need license. Just like any license, you must qualify for it. Marriage has always been heavily restricted by society, and why shouldn't it be? Procreation, it's primary function, is of grave social consequences. So is driving, or gun ownership, or anything we often need a license for.

So, these are the facts. You've not made an effective argument against them.

It's almost like a religious argument. Are you willing to die for your gods? Do you believe so strongly you are right that you would never consider that you might be wrong? I suspect so.

Albuquerque, NM

#122 Jun 12, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me the Eminent Domain documents.
The mean the documents that make a strong case for your NEW claim of NEW civil rights.

You know, like the Declaration of Independence?

Otherwise, you claim that something is a civil right is absurd and invalid without evidence.

Do you understand?

Albuquerque, NM

#123 Jun 12, 2013
Lilith_Sparkles wrote:
<quoted text>ya whatever fucktard.. Christianity is a plaque
It most certainly is not. You owe your very existence to Christianity and the most advanced civilization ever to be born.

But your hate, intolerance, and bigotry is noted. Thank you for being honest.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#124 Jun 12, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
The mean the documents that make a strong case for your NEW claim of NEW civil rights.
Otherwise, you claim that something is a civil right is absurd and invalid without evidence.
Do you understand?
You do know that the Declaration of Independence has NO standing in a Court of Law, right?

Evidence has been given and yes, this is a Civil Rights issue even if you don't believe it to be one!!!

Oh and Minnesota is STILL the 12th State to grant the right to marry to Same-Sex Couples:-)

“Equality First”

Location hidden

#125 Jun 12, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you feel your points must be acknowledged when they have nothing to do with the issue? We all know how long the gay community has been fighting for what they perceive as equal rights, and for legitimate protections we all agree with. No one should have to fear for their life or property.
I don't need to show proof of anything. All major social changes require evidence that they will NOT do harm, or that they will be beneficial to ALL PEOPLE, not just a few special interests. Your assertion that no harm will come is not justification for "marriage equality."
1. You have not shown that marriage is a rights issue, or an equality issue. Partnerships, unions, corporations, cannot by logic be equal rights issues, since you are not dealing with individuals, but artificial entities. Is there any such thing as corporate equality? Friendship equality? Union equality? Relationship equality? No, there is not. Thus, the very concept of "marriage equality" simply does not exist.
2. You need license. Just like any license, you must qualify for it. Marriage has always been heavily restricted by society, and why shouldn't it be? Procreation, it's primary function, is of grave social consequences. So is driving, or gun ownership, or anything we often need a license for.
So, these are the facts. You've not made an effective argument against them.
It's almost like a religious argument. Are you willing to die for your gods? Do you believe so strongly you are right that you would never consider that you might be wrong? I suspect so.
O.K. That takes care of the "rapid" social change you mentioned.

Now what about your claim of the "harm" that this social change will do to you and yours? Or, are you going to keep ignoring the question?

“Equality First”

Location hidden

#126 Jun 12, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Rapid social changes are always harmful. Even when they are JUST, which is very rare, they are HARMFUL. Thus, ending slavery was just, but it still resulted in the loss of life.
By the way,you made the above claim. I have to agree that there have been many gays and lesbians who have died while the war for equality has been going on, but if you want to take that as an excuse, to punish the victims of discrimination by continue to deny equality, then I suppose you have proved your point, and your character. So just forget my request that you prove we represent any harm to you and yours, which I know for fact you cannot do.

Albuquerque, NM

#127 Jun 12, 2013
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
O.K. That takes care of the "rapid" social change you mentioned.
Now what about your claim of the "harm" that this social change will do to you and yours? Or, are you going to keep ignoring the question?
Why are you now lying?

Allow me to repost:

"Abusing the concept of rights, and threatening the CIVIL RIGHTS OF ALL PEOPLE.

When people like are so narrow-minded and stupid as to confuse rights with privileges, you endanger EVERYONE by messing with the very existence of ALL civil rights.

Did I not make that clear?

Let me be perfectly clear then.

Society dictates what is normal, what is acceptable, and what is marriage. Society does this by SOCIAL EVOLUTION, otherwise known as TRADITION. You do not get to simply ignore society's rules for your own selfish greed, or perversions.

By letting ANY minority, special interest, or corporation, OR GOVERNMENT, dictate to the people what is normal and acceptable, causes great turmoil, instability, an chaos. The PEOPLE rule, their INSTITUTIONS obey.

Are we now clear?"

Rapid social change without a good reason harms EVERYONE, that means you, and me. So why do you keep lying and saying I am ignoring the question, when I most certainly am not?

Claiming something is a civil right that is not a civil right is ALWAYS a grave threat to everyone's civil rights.

And claiming something is normal when it is self-evidently not, is ALSO harmful to all of society. Thus, slavery, which for thousands of years was deemed "normal" when it was never, ever normal to begin with.

Brainwashing people into accepting something is normal, like some kind of ideology, religion, or belief system, can cause untold deaths and war.

Will there always be gays? Yes. Is that normal? No. The REAL question lies in whether it is a choice to be gay or not. If not, then it is a mental illness or handicap like any other, and genetic research might eliminate it (or gays will be aborted.) If it IS a choice, then society does not need to accommodate such choices, because you can simply choice not conform to society instead of asking society to conform to your choice.

Either way, it is always a danger to allow special interests to exert control over a whole society without it's consent, or based on lies (such as ideologies or religions based on false conclusions.)

Albuquerque, NM

#128 Jun 12, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that the Declaration of Independence has NO standing in a Court of Law, right?
Evidence has been given and yes, this is a Civil Rights issue even if you don't believe it to be one!!!
Oh and Minnesota is STILL the 12th State to grant the right to marry to Same-Sex Couples:-)
Why are you arguing about the DofI? We are not. I brought up as am example that justifies basic human rights.

And if it had no standing in law, then neither would our right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. The DofI was the argument that justified those rights, and made a case for their existence. I brought it up, BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOT MADE A CASE FOR SAME-SEX MARRIAGE BEING A CIVIL RIGHT.

If any evidence has been given, it is not conclusive. Evidence alone does not make a case of this being a civil rights issue. I've already listed the evidence against it being a civil rights issue, and that has not been refuted.

I don't care if 100 nations declare it legal. THAT STILL DOES NOT JUSTIFY IT.

Was slavery justified because the whole world once accepted it, and thought it was normal? No, it does not. Something can never be justified, no matter how insane humans are.

Thus, you have no argument here.

Albuquerque, NM

#129 Jun 12, 2013
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way,you made the above claim. I have to agree that there have been many gays and lesbians who have died while the war for equality has been going on, but if you want to take that as an excuse, to punish the victims of discrimination by continue to deny equality, then I suppose you have proved your point, and your character. So just forget my request that you prove we represent any harm to you and yours, which I know for fact you cannot do.
I've made no claim.

Nor do I see any "war for equality." I see selfish individuals who are very confused and ignorant fighting for something that does not exist, no matter how hard they try and pretend that it does. It's a common mistake humans make throughout history. Leads to a lot of fanatical causes that get people killed for no good reason.

I deny nothing. This is not a rights issue, or an equality issue, no matter how hard to try to make it so in your own mind.

And I am beginning to suspect that you are a fanatic for a cause you will never be open-minded or honest enough to yourself to know is wrong.

Do you think that all causes are just causes?
Yes

Huntsville, AL

#130 Jun 12, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you now lying?

It is social terrorism of a minority that is trying to bully the whole world into accepting something clearly and self-evidently insane.

Are we now clear?"

.)
clear that you are crazy

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#131 Jun 12, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
And if it had no standing in law, then neither would our right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.
The Declaration of Independence has no standing in law and again, the evidence has been entered into several Court cases and they have won like in Massachusetts, Iowa, Connecticut and California.....the argument has been made in Federal Court and won as well.......now, just because you don't like the argument, doesn't mean the argument hasn't been made!!!

And be upset all ya want, but Gays and Lesbians are going to win the right to marry no matter how much you don't like it!!!

Location hidden

#132 Jun 12, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand?
I understand your position very well. I've heard it enough from enough of our opposition, and even predicted the forms that the arguments would take back when discussions about shooting for Marriage Equality was still just a committee topic. I just don't accept your postulates.

you should

Huntsville, AL

#133 Jun 12, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your position very well. I've heard it enough from enough of our opposition, and even predicted the forms that the arguments would take back when discussions about shooting for Marriage Equality was still just a committee topic. I just don't accept your postulates.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =xy24TplyK14XX
know that this yahoo called Melissa Harris-Perry a "terrorist" based on a 30 second promo that advocated for communities to make sure kids get educated. He is coming from a bizarre place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge won't hear gay adoptions because it's not... 4 min Wodering 4
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 6 min Zeus 48,148
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 1 hr guest 1,516
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr Imprtnrd 25,321
News Anti-transgender bus sparks protests as it visi... 2 hr TerriB1 11
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 8 hr Rose_NoHo 5,643
News Republican senator apologizes for saying 'a guy... 9 hr NE Jade 4
More from around the web