Bishop: Jesus would back gay marriage?

Bishop: Jesus would back gay marriage?

There are 338 comments on the www.seacoastonline.com story from Nov 27, 2012, titled Bishop: Jesus would back gay marriage?. In it, www.seacoastonline.com reports that:

Many may consider it a fact that Christianity bans gay marriage, but at least one bishop begs to differ.

A crowd packed the Congregational Church of Exeter Monday night to listen to a talk and Q&A from Gene Robinson, the openly gay Bishop of the Diocese of New Hampshire in the Episcopal Church ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.seacoastonline.com.

Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#318 Jan 2, 2013
hates queers wrote:
We need to give the queers their own city then send a nuke to it. less then a sec latter no more queers problem solved. simple and effective.
There are 1.6 billion of us around he world
.
Where are you going to get the money to build a city with a parade route big enough to accommodate 1.6 billion people and their Fabulous Queen?
.
Hmmmmmmm?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#319 Jan 2, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
There are 1.6 billion of us around he world
.
Where are you going to get the money to build a city with a parade route big enough to accommodate 1.6 billion people and their Fabulous Queen?
.
Hmmmmmmm?
Dear RKid,

I grant that their are a whole lot of people that do not fit the most general description of plainly heterosexual.

But, I think you exaggerate in saying that the number exceeds 1.6 billion people. Near to 500 million would still be an excessive estimate, but, is plausible, depending upon the definition used.

In any case, something near 300 million worldwide, to include the classically and openly bisexual, homosexual and physically and mentally transsexual, is a whole lot of intelligent, productive, generally law-abiding members of civil societies around the world.

The sincere idea that these citizens should be somehow eliminated is a most fundamentally ignorant and vicious thought held only by those who are severely misinformed and emotionally crippled.

Rev. Ken

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#320 Jan 2, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
There are 1.6 billion of us around he world
.
Where are you going to get the money to build a city with a parade route big enough to accommodate 1.6 billion people and their Fabulous Queen?
.
Hmmmmmmm?
Let's take the EMERALD CITY!!!!
rider

Marquette, MI

#322 Jan 2, 2013
www.satansrapture.com/6606.htmCached - Similar
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Could The Antichrist be revealed on 6/6/06 or by SEPT 23 2006
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#323 Jan 2, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>Let's take the EMERALD CITY!!!!
LOLOL! That would be perfect ;o))
.
I watched the Wizard of Oz over the Christmas holidays
.
I had to hit Wiki to figure out if the wicked witch was a man or a woman
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#324 Jan 2, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear RKid,
I grant that their are a whole lot of people that do not fit the most general description of plainly heterosexual.
But, I think you exaggerate in saying that the number exceeds 1.6 billion people. Near to 500 million would still be an excessive estimate, but, is plausible, depending upon the definition used.
In any case, something near 300 million worldwide, to include the classically and openly bisexual, homosexual and physically and mentally transsexual, is a whole lot of intelligent, productive, generally law-abiding members of civil societies around the world.
The sincere idea that these citizens should be somehow eliminated is a most fundamentally ignorant and vicious thought held only by those who are severely misinformed and emotionally crippled.
Rev. Ken
If there is ever a rumble; 300 million gay people is most certainly enough to seriously whip fundamentalist butt

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#325 Jan 2, 2013
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/02/west...

Take a look at the Westboro creeps.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#326 Jan 2, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!....
"Just saying?"
Sorry, Mr. No Surprise. Just saying so doesn't mean it IS so. Sexual differentiation, including the precursors for sexual orientation in mind and body, certainly do begin development in the womb.
But, since you vigorously argue to the contrary, I'll not be one to take on your disbelief. You don't want to be convinced of this. So, there is no point in trying to convince you. Instead, you have to come to this realization on your own.
There are plenty of well-documented studies that are recent and are accepted by experts in these fields of human genetic development and the psychological formation of the human being that are focused on these issues.
Find them. Educate yourself.
Others have. You can, too.
Rev. Ken
You're being an idiot. So I'll let that idiocy slide and I'll educate you as the APA.org site would want you to have an actual understanding of what sexual orientation is, not what you wish it to be.

Sexual orientation refers to an enduring pattern of emotional, romantic, and/or sexual attractions to men, women, or both sexes. Sexual orientation also refers to a person’s sense of identity based on those attractions, related behaviors, and membership in a community of others who share those attractions.
(Do note all of the above is rooted in the word BEHAVIOR).
Sexual orientation is distinct from other components of sex and gender, including biological sex (the anatomical, physiological, and genetic characteristics associated with being male or female), gender identity (the psychological sense of being male or female),* and social gender role (the cultural norms that define feminine and masculine behavior).
(Therefore according to medical science, of which you can disagree with all you wish, Sexual orientation does not and never has began in the womb as you wrongly believe.)
Any more questions I can have answered by educated professionals?

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#327 Jan 2, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Science proved you wrong two full years ago in January 2011
.
As you watch this American Medical Association webcast; keep in mind that you were unaware of your own sex orientation because you are not gay enough or straight enough (i.e. bisexual) to fully understand hardwired sex orientation; so it is not part of your life experience
.
The AMA webcast takes 58 minutes of your time
http://media01.commpartners.com/AMA/sexual_id...
I'll kindly refer you to post 326.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#328 Jan 2, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
You have never met anyone who made it into their early 20's without ever having had sex with another person? There are quite a few. They will tell you they knew they wanted to have sex as well as to which sex they were attracted, long before they expressed their attractions through behavior. Again, chaste people have a sexual orientation. Most people are aware of both a sex drive as well as a sexual orientation long before they act on it.
And again, you confuse drive with behavior. While how we express that basic drive is shaped to some extent by learning, but the drive exists even without being expressed through behavior. Humans would not have made it this far if we did not have a basic sex drive.
No, no lol. I understand the issue. The other poster is the one confusing the issue. They were confusing attraction with behavior. In this case they were stating we humans are hard wired for sex. We aren't.
The inaccurate phrase "hard wired" is a generic term used to describe something that a living thing is driven to do without having had previous learning to know how to do that thing.
I disagreed with the poster and said being "hard wired" for sex had nothing to do with one's attraction to others. That being hard wired for sex means knowing how to engage in sexual intercourse without having been taught how to do it, as it happens with most mammals. Humans are the only known mammal that require learning to understanding how to preform intercourse. The percentage of humans that know absolutely nothing about sex who meet and have sexual intercourse the very first time are so few that it's not worth mentioning as a factor.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#329 Jan 2, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll kindly refer you to post 326.
No need
.
Gay people are born with a different brain and spinal cord; body parts that are not interchangeable with corresponding body parts of straight people
.
During autopsy these differences can be photographed with ordinary cameras and are visible to the naked eye without optical devices
http://media01.commpartners.com/AMA/sexual_id...

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#330 Jan 2, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You're being an idiot. So I'll let that idiocy slide and I'll educate you as the APA.org site would want you to have an actual understanding of what sexual orientation is, not what you wish it to be.
Sexual orientation refers to an enduring pattern of emotional, romantic, and/or sexual attractions to men, women, or both sexes. Sexual orientation also refers to a person’s sense of identity based on those attractions, related behaviors, and membership in a community of others who share those attractions.
(Do note all of the above is rooted in the word BEHAVIOR).
Sexual orientation is distinct from other components of sex and gender, including biological sex (the anatomical, physiological, and genetic characteristics associated with being male or female), gender identity (the psychological sense of being male or female),* and social gender role (the cultural norms that define feminine and masculine behavior).
(Therefore according to medical science, of which you can disagree with all you wish, Sexual orientation does not and never has began in the womb as you wrongly believe.)
Any more questions I can have answered by educated professionals?

No, behavior is not required.

"An enduring pattern of emotional, romantic, and/or sexual attractions to men, women, or both sexes" does not require any behavior.

"Sexual orientation also refers to a person’s sense of identity based on those attractions..." Again, no behavior is required, only attractions.

"Related behaviors, and membership in a community of others who share those attractions" may also inform that sense of identity, but neither is a requirement to fulfill the definition of "sexual orientation." Chaste people still have a sense of identity that includes attractions, even though those attractions have never been acted upon, and many are aware of their sexual orientation long before seeking out a "community" which shares their attractions.
He is Coming Soon

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#331 Jan 2, 2013
Homosexuality will never, ever, ever be right in the eyes of God!
www.scribd.com/doc/22629976 ...

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#333 Jan 2, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no lol. I understand the issue. The other poster is the one confusing the issue. They were confusing attraction with behavior. In this case they were stating we humans are hard wired for sex. We aren't.
The inaccurate phrase "hard wired" is a generic term used to describe something that a living thing is driven to do without having had previous learning to know how to do that thing.
I disagreed with the poster and said being "hard wired" for sex had nothing to do with one's attraction to others. That being hard wired for sex means knowing how to engage in sexual intercourse without having been taught how to do it, as it happens with most mammals. Humans are the only known mammal that require learning to understanding how to preform intercourse. The percentage of humans that know absolutely nothing about sex who meet and have sexual intercourse the very first time are so few that it's not worth mentioning as a factor.
How can you claim that unlike the rest of the mammals as well as most of the animal kingdom, we would never have sex if it was not taught? There is no ethical way to conduct such an experiment, yet there is no reason to believe we would not figure it out. While Blue Lagoon is fiction, humans have a sex drive, and would figure it out eventually, if not simply by watching other animals. Again, humans as a species would not have survived if we did not have a sex drive.

While a sex drive and sexual orientation are not the same, it should be clear we are "hard wired" with a sex drive. We learn to express it in different ways depending on culture, religion, etc, but few would argue we are not born with the basic drive.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#334 Jan 2, 2013
He is Coming Soon wrote:
Homosexuality will never, ever, ever be right in the eyes of God!
www.scribd.com/doc/22629976 ...
When did God start writing under the pseudonym of Dan Dougherty? Or are you just posting some clown named Dan's Christian homosexual fantasies?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#335 Jan 2, 2013
He is Coming Soon wrote:
Homosexuality will never, ever, ever be right in the eyes of God!
www.scribd.com/doc/22629976 ...
Gay guys are born with the same sexual orientation your mother was born with; attracted to men
.
That is clearly GOD's handiwork; so your complaint is yours to bear
He is Coming Soon

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#336 Jan 2, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>When did God start writing under the pseudonym of Dan Dougherty? Or are you just posting some clown named Dan's Christian homosexual fantasies?
He has, and always will, speak through His true followers. www.scribd.com/doc/31322107 ... May you fall under the conviction of His Holy Spirit, and be born again :)

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#337 Jan 2, 2013
He is Coming Soon wrote:
He has, and always will, speak through His true followers. www.scribd.com/doc/31322107 ... May you fall under the conviction of His Holy Spirit, and be born again :)
So we only have this clown's word that he is one of God's true followers, God himself hasn't spoken to the veracity of such claims. You have read the Bible haven't you? You remember the part where Jesus warned against falling for false prophets? He clearly had your clown in mind when he said that. Be gone and take your false prophet with you.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#338 Jan 2, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
No need
.
Gay people are born with a different brain and spinal cord; body parts that are not interchangeable with corresponding body parts of straight people
I have not a single doubt you believe that as well as you believe the sun does rise and set.
I also have an igloo for sale you'll be interested in owning. I'll send you an address you can send $10,000 to and I'll send you a deed of ownership :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Igloo.jpg

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#339 Jan 3, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
No, behavior is not required.
"An enduring pattern of emotional, romantic, and/or sexual attractions to men, women, or both sexes" does not require any behavior.
"Sexual orientation also refers to a person’s sense of identity based on those attractions..." Again, no behavior is required, only attractions.
"Related behaviors, and membership in a community of others who share those attractions" may also inform that sense of identity, but neither is a requirement to fulfill the definition of "sexual orientation." Chaste people still have a sense of identity that includes attractions, even though those attractions have never been acted upon, and many are aware of their sexual orientation long before seeking out a "community" which shares their attractions.
You're being a loony to just humour me right? Would you like to introduce me to any individual that has factual documentation to prove they have never, ever, displayed or voiced to any other person what they thought their sexual orientation was? That is your chaste individual minus any and all behaviours that would reveal to others their sexual orientation.
What a chaste individual "believes" is their sexual attraction, a belief based on no experimentation, no sexual behaviours, they have a "belief", nothing more. They no more know their sexual orientation than their mom would know it. You're fricking goofy for even bringing up such a point of ludicrousness.
A chaste person having proof positive knowledge of their sexual orientation that has never even kissed someone nor had a relationship of any kind, the possibility of them understanding their vacant sexual orientation is like them telling you what an orange tastes like when they never tasted one.
You're fricking ridiculous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 9 min carter county res... 24,150
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 25 min Rose_NoHo 5,049
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 35 min Rose_NoHo 397
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 38 min Rose_NoHo 44,244
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 1 hr June VanDerMark 12,719
News 'I am appalled and disgusted': Councillor accus... 1 hr Rainbow Kid 2
News Idaho tax bill advances despite gay marriage ob... 3 hr jcofe 1
More from around the web