SD Bill Lets Clergy Refuse To Perform...

SD Bill Lets Clergy Refuse To Perform Gay Marriage

There are 199 comments on the KDLT-TV Sioux Falls story from Jan 30, 2014, titled SD Bill Lets Clergy Refuse To Perform Gay Marriage. In it, KDLT-TV Sioux Falls reports that:

South Dakota lawmakers are considering a measure that would allow clergy and religious organizations to refuse to take part in gay marriage services.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KDLT-TV Sioux Falls.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#208 Feb 5, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was idiot I'd be getting all twisted about some clown posing as me from Oakland.
As it is this TOPIX stuff is dying out and I'm running out of time to use it - who reads this shit anyway but what....30 people???
You do.

Location hidden

#209 Feb 5, 2014
SteamRoller wrote:
Roflmfao. So funny to see Gays insulting a straight guy by calling him what they are, a filthy disgusting pathetic Queer. Just goes to show you, even a Queer knows there's nothing worse than a filthy disgusting Queer.
Lmfao.
Projection

NEXT
SteamRoller

Philadelphia, PA

#211 Feb 5, 2014
Just between us, I want to suck Michael Marcavage so much that I'm nailing myself to a pine tree as we speak.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#212 Feb 6, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The law was manipulated by these little gay bastards based on their own malice towards the bakery friend.
FACT
Ummm, no.

The only malice was from the baker who decided to break the law by discriminating against an entire class of individuals.
Fundies R Mental

Stafford, VA

#216 Feb 6, 2014
They're right about one thing though, us gays really do like the little boys. I can attest to that.
Denver Dan

Sacramento, CA

#217 Feb 6, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm, no.
The only malice was from the baker who decided to break the law by discriminating against an entire class of individuals.
Really.

Advising 2 gay men he couldn't bake the cake because his religious beliefs was "malice" as compared to them manipulating a law for far greater things possibly sending him to jail and ruining his business???

LOL!!!

Right - you're a moron buddy and an idiot liberal.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#218 Feb 6, 2014
Oh, thank goodness!

Now the clergy will never be forced to do something that they were never forced to do before!

Homophobes are so odd...
Denver Dan

Sacramento, CA

#221 Feb 6, 2014
Just Think wrote:
Oh, thank goodness!
Now the clergy will never be forced to do something that they were never forced to do before!
Homophobes are so odd...
When you see the legal system force a simple baker to go against his own supposedly Constitutionally protected religion you start understanding the gays ability to manipulate laws meant for real discrimination in a fashion that actually harms our liberties as Americans you really don't know what's next.
Denver Dan

Sacramento, CA

#222 Feb 6, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
You do.
For now. In a few days I'll be too busy with work again yet you'll still be in here daily until it dies...LOL!!!

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#224 Feb 6, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
When you see the legal system force a simple baker to go against his own supposedly Constitutionally protected religion you start understanding the gays ability to manipulate laws meant for real discrimination in a fashion that actually harms our liberties as Americans you really don't know what's next.
Nice try, epic fail.

A business operates under a set of laws aimed at, shocker, businesses. That has nothing to do with the clergy.

No member of the clergy has ever been forced to perform a religious ceremony if it went against their beliefs.

Tawas City, Michigan

#226 Feb 6, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Really.
Advising 2 gay men he couldn't bake the cake because his religious beliefs was "malice" as compared to them manipulating a law for far greater things possibly sending him to jail and ruining his business???
LOL!!!
Really.

His breaking the law was the only malice present.

And just how was the public accommodations law "manipulated"? That's kinda the entire POINT of having public accommodations laws.

Btw, you've yet to explain how baking a cake violates his religious beliefs, especially considering he apparently bake a lot of other cakes in the past.

Tawas City, Michigan

#227 Feb 6, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"...real discrimination..."?

So discriminating against gays or lesbians isn't "real" discrimination? Even when the law in question specifically says you can't discriminate based on sexual orientation?

Gee, do us all a favor and give us your list of what constitutes "real" discrimination. I'm sure the judge is just waiting for your definition....

While you're at it, perhaps you could baking a cake goes against his religion? Should he really be a baker if baking cakes goes against his religion??

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#228 Feb 6, 2014
SteamRoller wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful what you believe when reading my post, there's a fagg@t from Philadelphia posting under numerous names today. He's having fun. Roflmfao
This is the first time I've posted today.
That only happens to unregistered, cowardly trolls. Nice shoes and they fit you well.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#229 Feb 6, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I think there's another element to it. These that have put this in place might just be seeing what I am in that gays want something almost outside if not outside everyone's idea of equality.
Equality is just that - equality for everyone. Not just gays but those wanting to keep their religion intact as well.
As it is these cases gays have filed against those wanting to hold their religion intact are getting out of hand - no one should be expected to kiss the asses of gays anymore than gays should be expected to kiss the asses of Baptists let's say.
It's a tradeoff sure but the gays that filed actions against those bakers for example (there's more) pissed a lot of people off - homosexuals seeking the idea of them being a non-issue just shot themselves in the foot.
to use religion as a reason to practice discrimination is by definition religious discrimination.

All you "religious freedom riders" seem to be wanting to equate God to decorating a cake or arranging flowers so they don't look like something done by Helen Keller and arguing over whether race and weddingcakes amount to the same thing.

Yet since 1997 you have all be perfectly fine with a law that makes it a crime punishable by 3 months IN JAIL for a minister in Indiana to practice his faith by blessing a RELIGIOUS SSM.

Why the hypocrisy Dan?

Why is protecting christian BUSINESSES more important than protecting CHRISTIAN CLERGY?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#230 Feb 6, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Really.
LOL!!!
Using religion as a basis to discriminate is religious discrimination under the Civil Rights Act of 1964

Title II
Outlawed discrimination based on race, color, religion or national origin in hotels, motels, restaurants, theaters, and all other public accommodations engaged in interstate commerce;

The baker should be thanking his 'God' for sparing him Federal Civil Rights violations.

You really are amazing Dan. Watching you defend someone for not accepting personal responsibility for his own acts of faith is like watching my two cats play with a ping pong ball.

Unfortunately your mental gymnastics are about as educational as putting honey on a two year old's fingers and giving them a feather.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#233 Feb 6, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I merely see that ALL Americans are due their full set of rights.
Not just gays friend.
As it is I never mentioned my religious beliefs given it's a non issue and none of your business yet you want to speculate like the tool you are.
LOL!!!
STUPID queer.
I also agree that ALL Americans are due their full rights, not just the ones YOU pick and choose.

How can I possibly interact with you without knowing your particular religious beliefs? That's what this thread is all about isn't it? You don't want gays to step on others basic religious freedoms, right?

What if I wander into a gay establishment and they don't want to sell a cake to a straight??? HORRORS!!!! What if a gay wants a straight, religious baker or florist to sell their products to them??? Who's the tool here....besides you?

I know! Let's all wear stars, stars are pretty aren't they? We can let Jewish people wear yellow stars (that fashion precedent has already been set, ya'know;0) and rainbow stars for the GLBT Community.....how's about blue stars for straight men and pink stars for straight women.....now other religions, hmmmm....puce for Baptists, fuscha for Catholics, teal for Methodists, silver for atheists, you catch my drift. We'll also post color coordinated charts everywhere for those who get confused. Now if you're a homosexual atheist, you get to wear two stars, if you're a straight pagan.....well we haven't decided which color for pagans yet. Bisexuals might get to wear 3 stars....hmmm....we may need to post a LOT of color charts.

Sorry "friend" if you're going to post utter BS I will return the favor.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#234 Feb 6, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...I finally admit. I'm addicted to pumpkin pies.
Listen asshat...if you want to play games, buy a chess board and find a friend to play with.
Tsk, tsk Dapper Dan, your anger management problem is showing. "Schach ist alles, Kunst, Wissenschaft und Sport."

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#235 Feb 6, 2014
If these bakers and florists have objections to legal weddings then they should stop doing weddings, just as kosher Jews don't sell Christmas Hams.

Location hidden

#237 Feb 6, 2014
SteamRoller wrote:
<quoted text>
Perversion
NEXT
You are so full of projections.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 9 min Frankie Rizzo 7,151
News Caitlyn Jenner to write weekly editorials on LG... 11 min WasteWater 19
News Oregon lawmakers vote to help gay veterans, str... 13 min WasteWater 4
News Refusing to Make Gay-Wedding Cake Costs Bakery ... 14 min WasteWater 28
News Gay wedding cake at center of Colorado Appeals ... 15 min Dan 32
News Religious liberty is rallying cry after gay mar... 17 min WeTheSheeple 200
News Kansas opens state workers' health plan to same... 19 min WasteWater 5
News Gay couple quickly granted marriage license aft... 1 hr RalphB 40
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 1 hr Happy Lesbo 429
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 4 hr WasteWater 621