Gay teacher fired by Catholic school ...

Gay teacher fired by Catholic school claims discrimination

There are 1746 comments on the World Magazine story from Apr 23, 2013, titled Gay teacher fired by Catholic school claims discrimination. In it, World Magazine reports that:

Carla Hale, 59, a lesbian P.E. teacher, has filed a grievance against the diocese of the Ohio Catholic school where she worked for 19 years until administrators fired her for "violating moral law." According to The Columbus Dispatch , Hale's sexual orientation became public when an obituary for her late mother published Hale's name along with the ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at World Magazine.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#1256 May 5, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeat for the dull-headed:
Ms. Hale broke the terms of her contract and was terminated according thereto.
Point to the clause in the contract specifying that people who are gay are prohibited from partnerships with one another.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1257 May 5, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you have cast yourself among the favored, and able to discern those not favored.
It's fairly straightforward.
Those who promote as good that which God declares to be an abomination are not favored.

-Clayton Bigsby

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#1258 May 5, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Point to the clause in the contract specifying that people who are gay are prohibited from partnerships with one another.
"Immorality."
That's something we decent people still believe in.
Skid

Oberlin, OH

#1259 May 5, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me a break! Do you honestly think that the story of Jesus Christ being born to a virgin was the first story of its kind? No, it wasn't. So please explain why YOUR story is the only REAL story. There are many paths to the higher power. Deal with it.
Athena wasn't the mother of Perseus, and that's the closest it gets with the Greeks.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1260 May 5, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Point to the clause in the contract specifying that people who are gay are prohibited from partnerships with one another.
Twister, twister, twister...the phrase is "domestic partnership."

domestic partner, n.

- the member of an unmarried, cohabiting, and esp. homosexual couple that seeks benefits usu. available only to spouses.

- a person (not necessarily a spouse) with whom you cohabit and share a long-term sexual relationship.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#1261 May 5, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you have cast yourself among the favored, and able to discern those not favored.
Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Your practicing openly gay friends, whether they claim to be Christians or not, are willingly despising God's word, wisdom and instruction with their open lifestyles and many of their friends are attempting to silence His children, the ones that Christ died for. These type people are referred to as "fools" in the Bible which means "unsaved" or "unbelievers" who the Lord will not recognize.

When society approves and encourages this behavior, they are getting a one way ticket to hell, all thanks to people like you.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#1262 May 5, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Twister, twister, twister...the phrase is "domestic partnership."
domestic partner, n.
- the member of an unmarried, cohabiting, and esp. homosexual couple that seeks benefits usu. available only to spouses.
- a person (not necessarily a spouse) with whom you cohabit and share a long-term sexual relationship.
And no language approaching that has been quoted from the contract.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#1263 May 5, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me a break! Do you honestly think that the story of Jesus Christ being born to a virgin was the first story of its kind? No, it wasn't. So please explain why YOUR story is the only REAL story. There are many paths to the higher power. Deal with it.
The difference is the Holy Spirit that dwells inside of Christians.

The other 'gods' and 'stories' never had anything like it and never will. The Greek 'gods' were only man made statues and the 'stories' you speak of, usually are about a dead man from a previous time and are nothing but stories. They have no living spirit of love to prove what they say, like Jesus Christ gives.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1264 May 5, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
And no language approaching that has been quoted from the contract.
"immorality and/or unethical behavior" as defined by the Church [Diocese] in reliance upon God's Word.

The truth cannot become any more clear.

“"Its A Brave New World"”

Since: Sep 12

London U.K.

#1265 May 5, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
"immorality and/or unethical behavior" as defined by the Church [Diocese] in reliance upon God's Word.
The truth cannot become any more clear.
Oh,yeah right! It's moral for the Catholic church to cover up pedophilia and to transfer the offending priests from parish to parish for decades thus allowing thousands of more innocent children to be molested but they fire a decent lady because she is a lesbian and in a union with another lady? Geez,what's wrong with this picture? hypocrites and criminals who should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for contributing to the molestations of these children all to save the "GOOD" name of the church! Not to mention that the former pope was in charge of the office that handed out punishment but in fact did nothing but cover up the crimes! Ok,what ever you say!

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#1266 May 5, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is the Holy Spirit that dwells inside of Christians.
Only Christians?
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#1267 May 5, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
"immorality and/or unethical behavior" as defined by the Church [Diocese] in reliance upon God's Word.
The truth cannot become any more clear.
In my church, if a Deacon, Elder, volunteer Sunday school teacher or even a janitor are found to be living "immoral", they can no longer serve and are excommunicated until they prove that they have changed their ways. Many of these jobs are voluntary and there are no contracts, but they still must follow the Churches beliefs. They definitely wouldn't be able to teach in the church anymore.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#1268 May 5, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
Hopefully someone will have the balls to.
I guess not.
Zoe

Circleville, OH

#1271 May 5, 2013
-Aldous Huxley- wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh,yeah right! It's moral for the Catholic church to cover up pedophilia and to transfer the offending priests from parish to parish for decades thus allowing thousands of more innocent children to be molested but they fire a decent lady because she is a lesbian and in a union with another lady? Geez,what's wrong with this picture? hypocrites and criminals who should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for contributing to the molestations of these children all to save the "GOOD" name of the church! Not to mention that the former pope was in charge of the office that handed out punishment but in fact did nothing but cover up the crimes! Ok,what ever you say!
What business is it of yours? We have heard enough about the U.K. and inbreeding on the island. MYOB!
Zoe

Circleville, OH

#1272 May 5, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
In my church, if a Deacon, Elder, volunteer Sunday school teacher or even a janitor are found to be living "immoral", they can no longer serve and are excommunicated until they prove that they have changed their ways. Many of these jobs are voluntary and there are no contracts, but they still must follow the Churches beliefs. They definitely wouldn't be able to teach in the church anymore.
You are absolutely correct!
Anon

Dublin, OH

#1274 May 5, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
In my church, if a Deacon, Elder, volunteer Sunday school teacher or even a janitor are found to be living "immoral", they can no longer serve and are excommunicated until they prove that they have changed their ways. Many of these jobs are voluntary and there are no contracts, but they still must follow the Churches beliefs. They definitely wouldn't be able to teach in the church anymore.
There are all kinds of deacons, elders, volunteers, janitors and ministers who are having affairs. Not out of lust, but because they are unable to get out of their marriage for religious reasons (or are too scared to try). Thomas Kinkade had a mistress. I wonder if all the Christians knew that as they proudly hung his art in their homes?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#1275 May 6, 2013
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, but I don't see any 'straights' getting ratted out for having a 'partner' listed in a funeral notice..Only a 'God loving' Catholic could do something as despicable as that.
"straights" get fired from religious schools for violating contract terms such as these.

Hale took their money for 19 years; she knew the rules and she got caught breaking them. Is this the type of person you'd make a poster child for a cause?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#1276 May 6, 2013
-Aldous Huxley- wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh,yeah right! It's moral for the Catholic church to cover up pedophilia and to transfer the offending priests from parish to parish for decades thus allowing thousands of more innocent children to be molested but they fire a decent lady because she is a lesbian and in a union with another lady? Geez,what's wrong with this picture? hypocrites and criminals who should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for contributing to the molestations of these children all to save the "GOOD" name of the church! Not to mention that the former pope was in charge of the office that handed out punishment but in fact did nothing but cover up the crimes! Ok,what ever you say!
"decent ladies" don't lie to their employers.

“Time traveler”

Since: Apr 10

At large

#1277 May 6, 2013
Maybe this is what she gets for being so close to having her 20 years in.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#1278 May 6, 2013
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
Middle East! That's been a mess since Israel was established and most of the problems come from Reagan, corporate greed and oil...So you want to go to war with Russia? Their Syrian military base and the fact that Bashar al-Assad cry babies to them and China is the only thing stopping us. Latin America is a whole different thing and some of them do have good cause to hate Americans, but it's mostly that same spin of England vs Spanish with a twist of history.
Israel is on maps prior to Christ's birth.

Your liberal vomit you lap up is running down your chin.

Go get a napkin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News North Carolina's rush to bigotry 9 min Fit2Serve 1,544
News Sioux Falls schools unblocking LGBT Internet re... 48 min Kinky Boi 19
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 52 min Fit2Serve 4,053
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 1 hr June VanDerMark 9,679
News Republican John Boehner calls Ted Cruz 'Lucifer... 1 hr American 1 5
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr River Tam 10,666
News North Carolina fight over transgender rights, b... 3 hr Mates on the Run 9
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 12 hr lides 34,180
More from around the web