Largest US Protestant churches on gay...

Largest US Protestant churches on gay clergy

There are 311 comments on the The Oregonian story from Feb 28, 2010, titled Largest US Protestant churches on gay clergy. In it, The Oregonian reports that:

A look at where the largest Protestant churches in the United States stand on gay clergy: ?UNITED METHODIST CHURCH: 7.9 million U.S. members.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Oregonian.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#208 Dec 7, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
That No Surprise guy is certainly looking in the wrong spot.
He professes to be a Christian - that would be a follower and disciple of Christ Jesus, wouldn't it? Yes. It would.
But, he says there is no such thing as truth.
Well,.... maybe according to Pilate.
But, certainly not according to Jesus.
Some people just can't see what is right in front of them yet make fantastical leaps to believe Native Americans are Jews.

LOL!

It must somehow be easier to think about the little bs nonsensical things than focus on Loving God and Loving others.....

The Mountain Empire

#209 Dec 7, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Your perverted truth is being a religious bigot. Your perverted truths are based elevating your religious convictions on your belittling one or more other religions.
And a religious bigot as yourself would be the one person I wouldn't depend on knowing a thing about what truth is. You know how to be a religious bigot, that's a present truth I'll even admit exists :)
LMAO!

Boy, you've got that wrong just like you have everything else.

Don't be upset that I've called out your little moreman tendencies.

The truth IS.

The truth doesn't change, our understanding of it does.....

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#210 Dec 7, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people just can't see what is right in front of them yet make fantastical leaps to believe Native Americans are Jews.
LOL!
It must somehow be easier to think about the little bs nonsensical things than focus on Loving God and Loving others.....
lol...really? You loving others? The others you try and belittle with your hate and garbage rants concerning their beliefs, trying you're pitiful best to make fun of them and their beliefs? That is your loving others?? lolol...and that statement of loving others by hate comes from a religious bigot that thinks they know what truth is? Why am I not surprised lol ;)P

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#212 Dec 7, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
Boy, you've got that wrong just like you have everything else.
Don't be upset that I've called out your little moreman tendencies.
The truth IS.
The truth doesn't change, our understanding of it does.....
Since you have defined yourself so explicitly as a religious bigot by it's very definition, most of what you have to say has very little meaning in content because, it comes from a soul of perversion that based in religious bigotry.
But I'll give this a shot as you do reveal a decent amount of intellect amid your religious bigotry mentality.
What truth is for God is one thing I would suppose. But the truths it's been recorded that he's given to his earthly followers, they have changed from era to era.
The truths that God gave to Adam and Eve isn't the same truths that Noah ended up having. And the truths Abraham abided by weren't the same truths given to Moses. And the truths that Jesus brought were totally different then anything we have in recorded information.
So even though the truth of God is one thing I am sure, the truths he has given to humans for the last 6000 years is quite varied so states Jewish writings.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#213 Dec 7, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You are an ignorant lying bigot.
Judge much?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#214 Dec 7, 2012
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>Judge much?
One doesn't need to make a judgement of a person that has stated hate and trash talk about one or more religions while speaking highly of the one they have a belief in. A person like that is defined as a religious bigot.
Middle way is a very self declared/defined and out spoken religious bigot. They use hate speech and derogatory put downs about Mormons while, declaring the majesty and righteousness of their own religious beliefs.
Merriam-Webster defines them a religious bigot. No need to judge what middle way has declared themselves as being by the definition of their actions :)

Location hidden

#215 Dec 7, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
One doesn't need to make a judgement of a person that has stated hate and trash talk about one or more religions while speaking highly of the one they have a belief in. A person like that is defined as a religious bigot.
Middle way is a very self declared/defined and out spoken religious bigot. They use hate speech and derogatory put downs about Mormons while, declaring the majesty and righteousness of their own religious beliefs.
Merriam-Webster defines them a religious bigot. No need to judge what middle way has declared themselves as being by the definition of their actions :)
We are Episcopalians...It works for US. Find the one that works for you. That is not judgement. That is discernment.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#216 Dec 7, 2012
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>We are Episcopalians...It works for US. Find the one that works for you. That is not judgement. That is discernment.
No, no, no. You may be an Episcopalian as you insinuated/stated in the above. But middle way is a religious bigot.
Having a belief in a religion and being tolerant with disagreement of other religions is one thing.
But having a belief in a religion, claiming it's the truth of all others while verbally trash talking one or more other religions with derogatory/vile remarks, that's the work of a bigot, a religious bigot in this case. That is what middle way has very well established they are for at least the last dozen pages or more.
I speak with people that disagree and even don't like Mormons/Mormon doctrines. But when I speak with someone that boasts of their religion while making cutting/vile/derogatory/slande rous remarks about another religion, that is the personification of a religious bigot.
A person that isn't a religious bigot will not resort to cutting/vile/derogatory/slande rous remarks to make a point of another's religion.

The Mountain Empire

#217 Dec 8, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, no. You may be an Episcopalian as you insinuated/stated in the above. But middle way is a religious bigot.
Having a belief in a religion and being tolerant with disagreement of other religions is one thing.
But having a belief in a religion, claiming it's the truth of all others while verbally trash talking one or more other religions with derogatory/vile remarks, that's the work of a bigot, a religious bigot in this case. That is what middle way has very well established they are for at least the last dozen pages or more.
I speak with people that disagree and even don't like Mormons/Mormon doctrines. But when I speak with someone that boasts of their religion while making cutting/vile/derogatory/slande rous remarks about another religion, that is the personification of a religious bigot.
A person that isn't a religious bigot will not resort to cutting/vile/derogatory/slande rous remarks to make a point of another's religion.
LOL!

You're a non-member so you don't rate Temple clothes.

LOL..........

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#218 Dec 8, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
You're a non-member so you don't rate Temple clothes.
LOL..........
I am a non-member. You're correct. And unfortunately you have correctly identified yourself as a religious bigot and nothing more. Not a lot to laugh at that fact you continue to prove true of yourself. kind of sad really.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#219 Dec 9, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
And what do you see in the mirror dear?

You just described what we see when we look in your direction.

The Mountain Empire

#220 Dec 9, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a non-member. You're correct. And unfortunately you have correctly identified yourself as a religious bigot and nothing more. Not a lot to laugh at that fact you continue to prove true of yourself. kind of sad really.
No, the ones who fall for Joie Smith's bs are sad, really sad really....

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#221 Dec 9, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the ones who fall for Joie Smith's bs are sad, really sad really....
You have both the right and obligation to seek the truth.

It will set you free.

But, as you are right now, you are unable to perceive the obligation that Jesus left for you.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#222 Dec 9, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>And what do you see in the mirror dear?
You just described what we see when we look in your direction.
lolol....really dear? lol....please, please reveal to me what I have said that defines me a religious bigot please....I had no idea I was trash talking one or more religions and puffing up my own as middleway continuously does. Please show this evidence you claim exists...enlighten me please???? lol.....

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#223 Dec 9, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lolol....really dear? lol....please, please reveal to me what I have said that defines me a religious bigot please....I had no idea I was trash talking one or more religions and puffing up my own as middleway continuously does.
Your crusade against him and his beliefs and opinions defines you as a religious bigot as well.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#224 Dec 10, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Your crusade against him and his beliefs and opinions defines you as a religious bigot as well.
My crusade? lol...please...lol. Reminding him what he is each time he reveals it over and over and over, yes I have did that. But not as a crusade...lol
lolol....and this gets better, really, thanks for the laughter/chuckles this morning, really :) My defining him what he is in actuality makes me that thing also? Well than if you have judged someone a heterosexual by your logic, you're a heterosexual. By your irrational logic if you have ever judged anyone anything, a racist, an idiot, a moron, a bisexual, a democrat, a conservative, a liberal, etc you have judged yourself as being those very same things!
Where do you get these whacko ideas? Just too funny! lol.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#226 Dec 11, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
You have both the right and obligation to seek the truth.
It will set you free.
But, as you are right now, you are unable to perceive the obligation that Jesus left for you.
Pardon me, please.

I had intended the above post in response to No Surprise.

Rev. Ken

The Mountain Empire

#227 Dec 11, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
My crusade? lol...please...lol. Reminding him what he is each time he reveals it over and over and over, yes I have did that. But not as a crusade...lol
lolol....and this gets better, really, thanks for the laughter/chuckles this morning, really :) My defining him what he is in actuality makes me that thing also? Well than if you have judged someone a heterosexual by your logic, you're a heterosexual. By your irrational logic if you have ever judged anyone anything, a racist, an idiot, a moron, a bisexual, a democrat, a conservative, a liberal, etc you have judged yourself as being those very same things!
Where do you get these whacko ideas? Just too funny! lol.
What keeps you from joining the church that inspires you? Too many rules? Blood oaths? Magic underwear?

Something in your life might cause you to be cast out in eternal darkness?

Really, how can you be pro-moreman and not choose to be a member?

The Mountain Empire

#228 Dec 11, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Pardon me, please.
I had intended the above post in response to No Surprise.
Rev. Ken
Gotcha brother.

God bless....

Location hidden

#231 Dec 11, 2012
I love it that they have NotHING and so they resort to calling us all liars...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Reading a book can't turn you gay,' say author... 6 min Dont Homo Me 87
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 13 min Wondering 5,416
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 15 min Wondering 46,328
News Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) 26 min Junket 217,515
News Anxiety in America up since Donald Trump became... 1 hr jonjedi 79
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr Strel 25,265
News Ben Carson Warns Gay Couples Against Pushing Ba... (Jan '15) 1 hr Monsantos Mexico 78
More from around the web