What Would Jesus Do If Invited to a Gay Wedding?

Jul 31, 2011 | Posted by: Rick in Kansas | Full story: johnshore.com

I’ve recently been invited to a couple of gay weddings. So — what with being Christian and all — I asked myself the famous, “What would Jesus do?” (Which I don’t too often ask myself, actually, since Jesus could, for instance, raise people from the dead and turn water into wine, whereas I can barely drag myself out of bed in the morning and/or turn water into coffee. Safe to say many of His options are none of mine.)

Comments
6,001 - 6,020 of 8,576 Comments Last updated May 9, 2012

“I'm who I wanna be!”

Since: Dec 10

Minooka, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
if you don't know any christians its only because your not running with the right crowd.
I get bored when you stick with one-liners. Oh well.

Yeah, because christians are soooooooooo awesome, SO awesome... so why are they so heavily represented in the prison systems?

“I'm who I wanna be!”

Minooka, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
and there in lies your problem of confusion.
the Holy bible does not promote terrorism.
you think you can blend Islam in with Christianity as one in the same and they are as different as night and day.
read the bible.
GOD IS LOVE.
MERCY
FORGIVNESS
LIGHT
HOPE
JOY
PEACE
RIGHTNESS
TRUTH
You know, for not promoting terrorism, it sure does talk about it a whole lot!

And, um, ever read the Koran? I have. It's pretty much the same book as the bible. Sure, there's a few differences here and there, but for the most part it's the same. Honestly, I don't get why there is warring over the differences. I don't get war at all, so maybe that's my problem.

And once again, your god is a dick. He's as big of a dick as Allah, if you believe they are different entities. Seriously. All giant dicks.

“I'm who I wanna be!”

Minooka, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
if you truly knew what the Messiah was all about you wouldn't be as you are now.
Look in the mirror and say that.

“I'm who I wanna be!”

Minooka, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
actually its the same truth and you are just one day closer to discovering that.
It's not truth. It's shit.

“I'm who I wanna be!”

Minooka, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
well, in saying that you are a christian you are lying... and that's just a start. how about your constant preaching ab out things of which you have no knowledge. that's lying, too. then there's the idea that you're going to go to heaven or that you'll spend an eternity anywhere but in a dark, damp hole in the ground... all lies. face the truth for a change... as you're a goy, the god of israel doesn't want you around her.
**applause

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
actually prefering the perversions of this world over the righteousness and LOVE of God is 'creepy'.
opting for hell over heaven is 'creepy'.
homosexuality isn't a perversion, its just the way some people are.
Dale

Lacon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
homosexuality isn't a perversion, its just the way some people are.
NOT ACCORDING TO *GOD*:
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9(NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Jude 1:6-7 (NASB)- And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day, just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

Dale wrote:
<quoted text>NOT ACCORDING TO *GOD*:
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9(NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Jude 1:6-7 (NASB)- And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day, just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.
You can quote the Bible all you want.

It won't make any difference.

You are still a horrible person.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

The Bible is only the inspired word...

There is no such thing as God's Word.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

Give me a break.

Surely you jest.

Leviticus? You don't follow Leviticus, why do you expect others to do so?

Paul?

He was a horrible person just like you.

What a bunch of drivel!

“abstractions of thought...”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
and WHERE in this post have you showed me the lies i have told you?
I've documented your lies multiple times already and have stated I don't intend to do so again just because you couldn't be bothered to read them when first posted and are too lazy to go back and read them now.
YELLODOG wrote:
absolutely NO where. you are playing games and doing so with ONE goal in mind. To bash a christian.
No, I'm correcting the lies of an uneducated bigot; your religion has nothing to do with it.
YELLODOG wrote:
but thats ok. you continue right on that 'broad' path
i KNOW in my heart i have told you the TRUTH according to the word of God.
and your not honest enough to 'agree to disagree'.
Too bad you can't recall thr truth of what was actually posted or else you wouldn't continue to lie and claim this is about your religious beliefs rather than your misstatements of secular facts.
YELLODOG wrote:
i don't have time to battle with you over your unbelief.
And I don't have time to coddle your laziness.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

Mel wrote:
<quoted text>Did you miss what He said about your lifestyle choice?
Hey, LIAR, more false names today?

Col.3:9-10 "Do not lie to one another."

Proverbs 19:5 "...He who tells lies will not esape."

Follow ALL the bible, LIAR, or knock off your picking and choosing of bible quotes that only appeal to you, HYPOCRITE.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

Judged:

Dale wrote:
Hey, MEL, LIAR, filthy little LIAR. New fake name already, lying little LIAR?

Here's one you must have missed in Leviticus 19:11 "ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither LIE TO ONE ANOTHER."

Proverbs 12:22 "Lying lips are abomination to the LORD."

1 John 4:20 "if a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a LIAR." That's YOU, lying, and hating!
REPENT

Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

Watch! And see the power of Almighty God yet again move the heavens and the earth!
The Fucktardo Brothers

Felton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

Dale wrote:
lalalalal

Eternal fire.

Is that like the Olympic Flame?
The Fucktardo Brothers

Felton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

REPENT wrote:
Watch! And see the power of Almighty God yet again move the heavens and the earth!
I'm watching.

What is supposed to happen?

I don't see anything.
Aida Lott

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

Martin wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, Ms. Aids, your posts are always boring and never on topic. You claim to be Jewish, despite your choice of living in open rebellion against the Torah and centuries of Jewish teaching and practice. You shame yourself, your horrible hate based homofascist cause, and your ludicrous claim of being Jewish by your constant hateful posts about what others hold sacred.
...yawn...

Same shit, different day.

What "nasty ads" are on your page today?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

Smarty Pants Barbie wrote:
<quoted text>Sin is a concept. Sin is used to keep people in line. It's not truly reality, it's just another tool to keep "good christians" coming back and tithing.
Social engineering.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

Dale wrote:
If *GOD* created all then he is individually responsible for any outcomes of his very creation. If he allowed Satan to deceive mankind and Satan is a product of creation then no one can be logically held accountable for anything. Thus god can only judge himself. He can only judge his own creative capacity.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

The Fucktardo Brothers wrote:
<quoted text>I'm watching.

What is supposed to happen?

I don't see anything.
I think we are suppose to play make believe.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay Marriage Vs. the First Amendment 6 min Reverend Alan 307
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 9 min Wondering 2,943
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 25 min newpoly 49,427
Judge critical of states defending gay marriage... 35 min NorCal Native 41
Legislature Says No to "Gay Panic" Defense 39 min eJohn 12
Supreme Court: Was gay marriage settled in 1972... 47 min Frankie Rizzo 408
United Russia Lawmakers Feature in Anti-Gay Ele... 58 min WasteWater 2
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 2 hr Pietro Armando 54,813
Becker & Poliakoff Lawyer Sends Anti-Gay Email ... 2 hr Wondering 22
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••