What Would Jesus Do If Invited to a Gay Wedding?

There are 20 comments on the Jul 31, 2011, johnshore.com story titled What Would Jesus Do If Invited to a Gay Wedding?. In it, johnshore.com reports that:

I’ve recently been invited to a couple of gay weddings. So — what with being Christian and all — I asked myself the famous, “What would Jesus do?” (Which I don’t too often ask myself, actually, since Jesus could, for instance, raise people from the dead and turn water into wine, whereas I can barely drag myself out of bed in the morning and/or turn water into coffee. Safe to say many of His options are none of mine.)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at johnshore.com.

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Since: Jan 09

Cincinnati Ohio

#6067 Sep 26, 2011
ancient echos wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in Jesus, he is a copy cat story from many different stories like his. I do however believe in God. i believe God exist in each and everyone of us, not in a book and not in the myths of the past. But in our hearts of here and now. I saw christianity for what it was, a cult of hate and it was not for me. Who are you to tell me i don't know God? you don't know my relationship with him, nor will you ever for it is mine, yours is yours. i give to charities not the church, that way I know my money is going where it is needed and not in the pockets of preachers and for the churches use. I follow the laws of the land, it keeps me out of trouble. The laws in the book you follow are old and ancient, and not of today. you go ahead and wear clothing of one fabric, not eat shell fish or pork, and so forth. that is on you not me, I know my heart and what lies within it. Your God you follow in your little book of words is a God of confusion, he is also a god of vengeance, a god of temper tantrums. not a god I want to follow. The God I know and love that dwells in my heart is a God of love, forgiveness, patients and wonder. I will choose that God over your fickle one any day.
no copy cat........ thats sillyness.

you will not find the bones of Jesus in the tomb. its empty.
His resurrection was documented by more than one witness.
and over 500 saw Him.

your displaying what is called,'faithless scofferitis'.

you think you are good enough on your own merit to stand before a HOLY God?

have you ever told a lie?
have you ever lusted after someone?
have you ever hated in your heart?
have you ever stolen ANYthing?

if you have then GOD says you are a liar, an adulter of the heart, a murderer in the heart, a thief.
all things that warrent hell.

the ONLY way you can be reconciled back unto God is by accepting HIS plan of salvation given to you thru His Son Christ.

the blood shed on that cross was shed for the direct purpose of remission of sin.
and without that blood applyed to your soul thru your belief and acceptance of what He did for you, there is NO WAY .... NO WAY you can stand before a Holy and righteous God blameless.

when God looks at us, He see's Jesus as our advocate and the newness of our hearts and spirits by Jesus.
and that is how He CAN look upon us and not see our past sins.
without Jesus as your advocate God see's a sinners heart.
condemned already.

Jesus is the only way, the truth and the life...and NO ONE goes to the Father except thru the Son Jesus.

that is God's plan of salvation, outlined in the OT.
fulfilled in the NT.

“I'm who I wanna be!”

Since: Dec 10

Minooka, IL

#6068 Sep 26, 2011
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie much?
shame on you.
Where did I lie?

“I'm who I wanna be!”

Minooka, IL

#6069 Sep 26, 2011
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
and over 500 saw Him.
if you have then GOD says you are a liar, an adulter of the heart, a murderer in the heart, a thief.
the ONLY way you can be reconciled back unto God is by accepting HIS plan of salvation given to you thru His Son Christ.
the blood shed on that cross was shed for the direct purpose of remission of sin.
and without that blood applyed to your soul thru your belief and acceptance of what He did for you, there is NO WAY .... NO WAY you can stand before a Holy and righteous God blameless.
when God looks at us, He see's Jesus as our advocate and the newness of our hearts and spirits by Jesus.
condemned already.
Jesus is the only way, the truth and the life...and NO ONE goes to the Father except thru the Son Jesus.
fulfilled in the NT.
More depressing faerie tales! How about something a little brighter for a change?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#6070 Sep 26, 2011
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
CHRISTIANS.
Oh. Hey guys! We seem to have a new supreme pontiff here, "royal we" and all!

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#6071 Sep 26, 2011
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
and over 500 saw Him.
condemned already.
fulfilled in the NT.
That's just creepy.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#6072 Sep 26, 2011
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
hate to disappoint you, but i don't know any 'frog'.
you don't seem to know any christians, either. you certainly don't have a clue as to what it means to be a christian, anyway.
stick to the frog in your pocket when you say 'we'

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#6073 Sep 26, 2011
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
and over 500 saw Him.
condemned already.
fulfilled in the NT.
god had dissallowed blood sacrifices hundreds of years before jesus was born. if jesus died and shed his blood for the remission of sin it was against the will of god, and therefore is moot.
BUZZZZZZ

Lacon, IL

#6074 Sep 26, 2011
dunce with weevils wrote:
<quoted text>
god had dissallowed blood sacrifices hundreds of years before jesus was born. if jesus died and shed his blood for the remission of sin it was against the will of god, and therefore is moot.
LIE DETECTOR!!!

Dunce worships his homosexual perversion and is a documented anti-Christian bigot. He made up this and most of his other posts.

“I'm who I wanna be!”

Minooka, IL

#6075 Sep 26, 2011
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't seem to know any christians, either. you certainly don't have a clue as to what it means to be a christian, anyway.
stick to the frog in your pocket when you say 'we'
She ought to, frogs are pretty cool.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#6076 Sep 26, 2011
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHA
Bill: "I Know God exists."
Jill: "How do you know?"
Bill: "the truth of who God is can be found in creation, and in
His written word."
Jill: "PROVE IT"
Bill: " Seek God with your mind, heart and soul."
People who "Seek God with your mind, heart and soul" find all sorts of different answers. Why believe the buybull?
The terrorists who flew planes into the WTC believed they were doing god's will, and would receive the ultimate reward.
YELLODOG wrote:
Jill: "Prove it"
Bill: "Test the scriptures for yourself and God will prove Himself
to you."
Jill: "no, you prove it first"
When I test the buybull, I find the claims made for god are false. I asked in Jesus' name to have Mt. Everest move to ND. It didn't.
YELLODOG wrote:
THE EXAMPLE OF AVOIDING THE TRUTH.
LAZYNESS
SELFISHNESS
AND LOVING SIN MORE THAN LOVING GOD.
It's not selfish to ask for proof of the buybull.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#6077 Sep 26, 2011
BUZZZZZZ wrote:
<quoted text>LIE DETECTOR!!!
Dunce worships his homosexual perversion and is a documented anti-Christian bigot. He made up this and most of his other posts.
You again dumb-shit!

What a retarded moron you are!

Like your picture?

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#6078 Sep 26, 2011
BUZZZZZZ wrote:
<quoted text>LIE DETECTOR!!!
LIE DETECTOR!!! Another FAKE name! You made up this and most of your other names, LIAR!

Location hidden

#6079 Sep 27, 2011
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
and over 500 saw Him.
condemned already.
fulfilled in the NT.
And all Yeshua cared about was simple honesty, forgiveness and love.

You are a pharisaic heretic.

Can we burn you now?
Mel

Lacon, IL

#6080 Sep 27, 2011
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
And all Yeshua cared about was simple honesty, forgiveness and love.
You are a pharisaic heretic.
Can we burn you now?
Did you miss what He said about your lifestyle choice?

Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9(NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Jude 1:6-7 (NASB)- And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day, just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.

Location hidden

#6081 Sep 27, 2011
Mel wrote:
<quoted text>Did you miss what He said about your lifestyle choice?
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9(NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Jude 1:6-7 (NASB)- And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day, just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.
Yeshua did not say those things.

In Mark and Matthew, Yeshua is recorded as saying that the Mosaic record was not all prophetic utterance.(It is usually overlooked by the pharisaic-minded who look only for rules adn overlook the core message) Further, he repeatedly favored the prophetic records over the Mosaic.

Saul was a flagrant plagiarist of Plato*, an exaggerator (liar), apostate (repeatedly violated the restrictions placed upon him by the Jerusalem elders limiting him to teaching only the Noachian Laws**), a false seer (none of his predictions ever came true), and a heretic. This requires that his writings and those of his students be taken with severe caution.(beware the leaven of the pharisees)

* http://www.worldandi.com/newhome/public/2004/...

** http://jewishencyclopedia.com/view.jsp... LAWS
Aida Lott

Jersey City, NJ

#6082 Sep 27, 2011
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
and over 500 saw Him.
condemned already.
fulfilled in the NT.
...yawn...

Same shit, different day.
Martin

Lacon, IL

#6083 Sep 27, 2011
Lottsa Aids wrote:
<quoted text>
...yawn...
Same shit, different day.
Yes, Ms. Aids, your posts are always boring and never on topic. You claim to be Jewish, despite your choice of living in open rebellion against the Torah and centuries of Jewish teaching and practice. You shame yourself, your horrible hate based homofascist cause, and your ludicrous claim of being Jewish by your constant hateful posts about what others hold sacred.

Location hidden

#6084 Sep 27, 2011
Compare:

Mark 5:5 and Mark 10 3-5; Matt 19: 7-8

with

Deut 4:2

The Mosaic record here claims that the regulations in Deuteronomy are prophetic utterance.

In both Mark and Matthew, above, Yehsua clearly states that it is not.

This is not an isolated occurrence.

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Cincinnati Ohio

#6085 Sep 27, 2011
Smarty Pants Barbie wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I lie?
when you misrepresent bible scripture.

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Cincinnati Ohio

#6086 Sep 27, 2011
Smarty Pants Barbie wrote:
<quoted text>
More depressing faerie tales! How about something a little brighter for a change?
the Love of God is as bright as it gets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are the mods fair and balanced? 3 min Elijah 669
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 min Prep-for-Dep 19,972
News Pa. high school students throw 'Anti-Gay Day' 5 min WeTheSheeple 131
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 10 min Rosa_Winkel 2,136
News Online Fundraiser For Oregon Bakery Removed Aft... 11 min Elijah 7
News Judge rules in favor of printer that refused ga... 15 min Elijah 4
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 15 min Belle Sexton 2,824
News Judge proposes Oregon bakery pay $135,000 to le... 16 min SteveLu 164
News Top U.S. court appears on cusp of declaring rig... 2 hr Fa-Foxy 25
More from around the web