Shirtless, Masked and Gagged Straight Men Protest Gay Marriage in France

Apr 22, 2013 Full story: www.queerty.com 19

"Sometimes masked, sometimes gagged but almost always half-naked " - before you pull out those drink tickets, no, it's not Tuesday night at the Manhole.

Full Story

“LGBT Americans, We're ”

Since: Jun 09

Everywhere you are!

#1 Apr 22, 2013
Well that video was a disappointment. All it proves is that straight men REALLY need to go a gym ..

“LGBT Americans, We're ”

Since: Jun 09

Everywhere you are!

#2 Apr 22, 2013
Okay, a gym AND choir practice

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#3 Apr 22, 2013
Why did they write on themselves in English?? Isn't any use of any language other than French a capital offense in France???

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#4 Apr 22, 2013
eJohn wrote:
Why did they write on themselves in English?? Isn't any use of any language other than French a capital offense in France???
Isn't that a Quebecois thing?

Since: Jul 09

Indy/Philly/Toronto

#5 Apr 22, 2013
People sure are scared .. in France AND the USA.
Makes us feel pretty darn powerful that my husband and I scare people that much. So, watch out or you'll feel the wrath of 2 gay men!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#6 Apr 22, 2013
Someone needs to remind these hysterical half-naked straighties they have to purposely pay good money to purchase a gay marriage license
No money = no gay marriage license = no gay marriage

“I'm hawt and I know it. ”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#7 Apr 22, 2013
Jade, call me.
Tea Bag Residue Cleanup

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Apr 22, 2013
I honestly don't think any of those half naked, masked and gagged men should be permitted to be Boy Scout leaders.

You can call me a bigot but that's my personal opinion....

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#10 Apr 23, 2013
One word to describe these people: "culs"

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#11 Apr 23, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that a Quebecois thing?
It's definitely a Quebecois thing, but I thought it was also a French thing. Just try to speak any language other than *PERFECT* French to someone in Paris, especially if you're a dirty foreign pig. It's not a pretty sight.

I speak French fluently, but I speak it with a slight Belgian accent, so it's risky for me to even speak French in Paris (or Quebec, for that matter).

Not such accepting people those French speakers....

Toronto, ON, Canada

#12 Apr 23, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
It's definitely a Quebecois thing, but I thought it was also a French thing. Just try to speak any language other than *PERFECT* French to someone in Paris, especially if you're a dirty foreign pig. It's not a pretty sight.
I speak French fluently, but I speak it with a slight Belgian accent, so it's risky for me to even speak French in Paris (or Quebec, for that matter).
Not such accepting people those French speakers....
In France stop signs say "STOP", as they do in most of the rest of the world. But that is not good enough for the Quebecois. Their stop signs say "ARRET." The famous Schwartz's deli in the plateau section of Montreal has a sign reading "Charcuterie Hebraique" which I guess sounds a bit more elegant than Jewish Delicatessen. Some of the more gung-ho Francophiles in Quebec protested a St. Patrick's day parade because they described it in what can only be termed the height of unintended irony as "too English."

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#13 Apr 23, 2013
JohnInToronto wrote:
<quoted text>
In France stop signs say "STOP", as they do in most of the rest of the world. But that is not good enough for the Quebecois. Their stop signs say "ARRET." The famous Schwartz's deli in the plateau section of Montreal has a sign reading "Charcuterie Hebraique" which I guess sounds a bit more elegant than Jewish Delicatessen. Some of the more gung-ho Francophiles in Quebec protested a St. Patrick's day parade because they described it in what can only be termed the height of unintended irony as "too English."
You know what's so crazy about all this class-based stupidness among the various French-speaking populations???*I* am one of a very small minority of Americans that's fluent in French. In the grand scheme of things, there aren't many of us, so you'd think they'd at least be polite about the efforts I've gone to to learn a foreign language so well in a country that absolutely does not support such frivolous undertakings as learning anything about non-American cultures, let alone foreign languages.

YET, I get funny looks when I DO speak French to either the Quebecois OR the French because of my slight Belgian accent. They both consider Belgians to be lower than scum and dislike them passionately.

But what's so funny, is that, while the French give me dirty looks over my accent, they *REALLY* look down on the Quebecois because of *THEIR* bizarre, duck-like accent. I've even been told, "If you're from North America, at least you have the good sense to sound like a Belgian and not one of those.... Quebecois." (said with upper lip wrinkled up).

So, in the bizarre and childish world of "who's better than who among total strangers", I actually rank *higher* with the French than the Quebecois because, in their twisted logic, I'm actually making the effort to speak proper French and it's not my fault that I was taught French by a horrible, low-life Belgian pig. But to the French, the Quebecois are simply unsalvageable and totally lost as they have no desire to speak French like a Parisian.

Can't we all just get along????

Toronto, ON, Canada

#14 Apr 23, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what's so crazy about all this class-based stupidness among the various French-speaking populations???*I* am one of a very small minority of Americans that's fluent in French. In the grand scheme of things, there aren't many of us, so you'd think they'd at least be polite about the efforts I've gone to to learn a foreign language so well in a country that absolutely does not support such frivolous undertakings as learning anything about non-American cultures, let alone foreign languages.
YET, I get funny looks when I DO speak French to either the Quebecois OR the French because of my slight Belgian accent. They both consider Belgians to be lower than scum and dislike them passionately.
But what's so funny, is that, while the French give me dirty looks over my accent, they *REALLY* look down on the Quebecois because of *THEIR* bizarre, duck-like accent. I've even been told, "If you're from North America, at least you have the good sense to sound like a Belgian and not one of those.... Quebecois." (said with upper lip wrinkled up).
So, in the bizarre and childish world of "who's better than who among total strangers", I actually rank *higher* with the French than the Quebecois because, in their twisted logic, I'm actually making the effort to speak proper French and it's not my fault that I was taught French by a horrible, low-life Belgian pig. But to the French, the Quebecois are simply unsalvageable and totally lost as they have no desire to speak French like a Parisian.
Can't we all just get along????
Italians are hardly a better lot when it comes to language and regional issues:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lega_Nord

These people would make Garibaldi roll over in his grave. On top of which it is now fairly recognized that beyond Tuscany, Emilia-Romagna, Lazio and Umbria, the native tongues are not "dialects" of Italian but mutually unintelligle regional languages. My housemate speaks Calabrese which doesn't sound at all lake Italian. So it gives them more stuff to fight about, unlike northern Europe where language is becoming more nationalized (not too many Germans can speak their local dialect any longer). Then there are Catalans who are to Spain what Quebecois are to Canada in reverse: Quebecois suck money out of the Anglophones, Catalans pump money to the Castillians (and Aragonese and Gallegans). On top of that some Scots want Scots English (not Scot Gaelic) to be viewed as a different language than English.

It's kind of ironic, as while all these places battle over their languages, few people are interested in preserving aboriginal ones, even people in the aboriginal communities in many places. The Haida language is an isolate and is almost extinct. It will go the way Ainu did in Japan.

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#16 Apr 23, 2013
Leave it to the French, even straight protests can be just soo gay. They should never let all those religious Muslims immigrate, just like we need to limit the power and tax breaks of all organized religion here.

Toronto, ON, Canada

#17 Apr 24, 2013
Uve wrote:
Leave it to the French, even straight protests can be just soo gay. They should never let all those religious Muslims immigrate, just like we need to limit the power and tax breaks of all organized religion here.
Muslim extremism is Europe's payback for centuries of anti-Semitism. The Jews were persecuted in Europe partly due to religion but partly out of jealousy because they are smarter. After the enlightenment, people like the Rothschilds made fortunes and while the religious prejudice has lessened anti-semitism became an ethnic prejudice culminating in the Holocaust, again mostly due to jealousy. The upshot was Zionism, which was the worst thing for Europe ever caused by its own actions. Had the Jews been treated well in Europe they would have stayed and contributed greatly to European society. If Hitler had been sane enough to simply blame everything on communists or some political viewpoint, he might have had Jews like Einstein helping him out in WWII.

The result of Zionism was the Israeli state and the continuance of Zionism in the form of expansionism by it. This gave the Muslims a sore point on which to focus. Europe tried to reverse its history of exclusionism and racism by lax immigration policies, especially by France, Britain, Italy and the Netherlands concerning people from their former imperialist trophy colonies. Germany's labor shortage due to the number of males killed in WWII led it to create a semi-permanent class of mostly Turkish foreign labour, who after several generations became citizens. The result was twofold: the European population is still primarily racist (Americans who condemn the US for its racism should realize these people are little better - especially the French who are among the worst racists on Earth) and as a result the Muslim population was discriminated agains and marginalized. Additionally, while European Jews were (or would have been) very adaptable to Western society, Muslims are not, nor are they as well educated and some would go so far as to say their genetic intelligence is less (though I am not sure whether I would agree with that). So you have a marginalized population foucsing their hatred against a country that is an ally of your own country and hence against your own country by extension. A recipe for terrorists.

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#18 Apr 24, 2013
JohnInToronto wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslim extremism is Europe's payback for centuries of anti-Semitism. The Jews were persecuted in Europe partly due to religion but partly out of jealousy because they are smarter. After the enlightenment, people like the Rothschilds made fortunes and while the religious prejudice has lessened anti-semitism became an ethnic prejudice culminating in the Holocaust, again mostly due to jealousy. The upshot was Zionism, which was the worst thing for Europe ever caused by its own actions. Had the Jews been treated well in Europe they would have stayed and contributed greatly to European society. If Hitler had been sane enough to simply blame everything on communists or some political viewpoint, he might have had Jews like Einstein helping him out in WWII.
The result of Zionism was the Israeli state and the continuance of Zionism in the form of expansionism by it. This gave the Muslims a sore point on which to focus. Europe tried to reverse its history of exclusionism and racism by lax immigration policies, especially by France, Britain, Italy and the Netherlands concerning people from their former imperialist trophy colonies. Germany's labor shortage due to the number of males killed in WWII led it to create a semi-permanent class of mostly Turkish foreign labour, who after several generations became citizens. The result was twofold: the European population is still primarily racist (Americans who condemn the US for its racism should realize these people are little better - especially the French who are among the worst racists on Earth) and as a result the Muslim population was discriminated agains and marginalized. Additionally, while European Jews were (or would have been) very adaptable to Western society, Muslims are not, nor are they as well educated and some would go so far as to say their genetic intelligence is less (though I am not sure whether I would agree with that). So you have a marginalized population foucsing their hatred against a country that is an ally of your own country and hence against your own country by extension. A recipe for terrorists.
Thanks for the history lesson. But I seen it first hand in the Netherlands and Germany. Immigrant Muslims are NOT immigrating, not learning the language and keeping their old ways of life. In the Netherlands, particularly, immigrants are asked about their feelings about homosexuals and their ability to immigrate, Obviously this should be the case in France too.
Sgt Common Sense

Denver, CO

#21 Apr 24, 2013
mark in Toronto wrote:
People sure are scared .. in France AND the USA.
Makes us feel pretty darn powerful that my husband and I scare people that much. So, watch out or you'll feel the wrath of 2 gay men!
Agree, and it's easy to scare stupid people like conservative voters.

Toronto, ON, Canada

#22 Apr 24, 2013
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the history lesson. But I seen it first hand in the Netherlands and Germany. Immigrant Muslims are NOT immigrating, not learning the language and keeping their old ways of life. In the Netherlands, particularly, immigrants are asked about their feelings about homosexuals and their ability to immigrate, Obviously this should be the case in France too.
Actually I agree with you, up to a point. I do not agree, for example, with a country banning minarets, like the Swiss did, nor for a country dictating type of dress outside of legal necessities like courts and driver's license ids. I don't even think Muslims need to like gays if they don't care to, but they should not be committing acts of violence against anyone. And these countries should have the guts to exile those who do. The problem is that you have folks like Wilders in the Netherlands who conflate the idea of adapting to a new society with nationalism than sounds just out of the old European school of the 19th century and before.

Toronto, ON, Canada

#23 Apr 24, 2013
Uncle Uncle wrote:
<quoted text>
Another shill that conveniently skips over the yewish role of Bolshevism and the deaths of quite possibly 100 million Christains in Russia. You should be held over a ten foot bridge by your ankles staring at some crocs.
"Yewish?" I am not sure I've ever met an evergreen Bolshevik sporting red berries.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Biggest Gay Lies (May '14) 25 min lgbt is silly 2,734
Happily ever after? Charges reduced to one year... 1 hr david traversa 1
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 1 hr nefeli 27,030
Gay marriage comes to Missouri. Wait ... what? 3 hr jolya 102
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 3 hr Brian_G 4,288
Trying to marry my fiance but its a struggle. 5 hr OneDayMarried 1
Same-sex unions outdo civil ones - women the le... 5 hr Fa-Foxy 2
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 6 hr Frankie Rizzo 5,308
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 6 hr Rick in Kansas 3,128
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 9 hr Frankie Rizzo 68,616