Simi Valley teen's call for Girl Scou...

Simi Valley teen's call for Girl Scout cookie boycott sparks backlash

There are 572 comments on the www.vcstar.com story from Jan 13, 2012, titled Simi Valley teen's call for Girl Scout cookie boycott sparks backlash. In it, www.vcstar.com reports that:

A Simi Valley teen's online plea for a boycott of Girl Scout cookies has ignited a national controversy. The 14-year-old girl, who identifies herself only as "Taylor of Ventura County," made an 8-minute online video urging people to boycott Girl Scout cookies to protest a Colorado troop's willingness to admit a transgender Girl Scout.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.vcstar.com.

Romney s Swiss Tithe

Philadelphia, PA

#585 Jan 26, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
you do realise, don't you, that the bulk of people pushing the hardest for same sex marriage are the conservatives, right?
I am afraid I don't fully follow your joke here.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#586 Jan 26, 2012
Romney s Swiss Tithe wrote:
<quoted text>
I am afraid I don't fully follow your joke here.
take a look around. it's no joke.
Romney s Swiss Tithe

Philadelphia, PA

#587 Jan 26, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
take a look around. it's no joke.
Conservatives are not the staunchest supporters of marriage equality. That's patently obvious.

Perhaps I mis read something.

“Stop the liberal madness”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#588 Jan 28, 2012
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, yeah, you're a laugh a minute, ain't ya? I guess people like Joan Rivers and Bill Mahr and Dane Cook and Cathie Griffin and many others are humorless too according to you. They've all become multi millionaires due to their sense of humor. Could you name for me about ONE famous conservative comedian?
Since you only watch communist media you might not have heard of the famous Dennis Miller.

He used to be on SNL and often comments on Fox on Bill Oreilly.

He blows Bill Maher away and the college crowd love him.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Palm Springs, California

#589 Jan 28, 2012
luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you only watch communist media you might not have heard of the famous Dennis Miller.
He used to be on SNL and often comments on Fox on Bill Oreilly.
He blows Bill Maher away and the college crowd love him.
So Bravo and Comedy Central and HBO are commie media to you? How about Fox owned by Rupert Murdock, whose staff in England TODAY were all arrested for improper phone and internet tapping? I guess you approve of that behavior?

I can't wait till he is caught for misbehavior here.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Westland , MI

#590 Jan 28, 2012
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>So Bravo and Comedy Central and HBO are commie media to you? How about Fox owned by Rupert Murdock, whose staff in England TODAY were all arrested for improper phone and internet tapping? I guess you approve of that behavior?
Where can I read more about this. It didn't pop up on my news site.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#591 Jan 28, 2012
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>So Bravo and Comedy Central and HBO are commie media to you? How about Fox owned by Rupert Murdock, whose staff in England TODAY were all arrested for improper phone and internet tapping? I guess you approve of that behavior?
Isn't that the same Fox news that created the Tea Party? Remember? Fox news producers went all over the country and created the "spontaneous" and "grass roots" rallies that launched the Tea Party.

Let the denials begin...

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Palm Springs, California

#592 Jan 28, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw it in today's LA "Times".

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#594 Jan 29, 2012
Curteese wrote:
I believe that the voices of fear, both from without and within, can only be dispelled by trusting the voice that comes from the heart. Be still and listen to it. It speaks of love and compassion for others, for the world itself; it just might be the voice of God – or a reasonable facsimile. If however, it snarls with the fear of the unknown, fear of losing what you have or not getting what you want, then it might just be the voice of Rupert Murdoch- or a reasonable facsimile.

Chuck Lorre Productions #212
from "The Big Bang Theory"

“Love thy neighbor!”

Westland , MI

#595 Jan 29, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I believe that the voices of fear, both from without and within, can only be dispelled by trusting the voice that comes from the heart. Be still and listen to it. It speaks of love and compassion for others, for the world itself; it just might be the voice of God – or a reasonable facsimile. If however, it snarls with the fear of the unknown, fear of losing what you have or not getting what you want, then it might just be the voice of Rupert Murdoch- or a reasonable facsimile.
Ohhhhhhh, love it!!!!

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Location hidden

#596 Jan 29, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I believe that the voices of fear, both from without and within, can only be dispelled by trusting the voice that comes from the heart. Be still and listen to it. It speaks of love and compassion for others, for the world itself; it just might be the voice of God – or a reasonable facsimile. If however, it snarls with the fear of the unknown, fear of losing what you have or not getting what you want, then it might just be the voice of Rupert Murdoch- or a reasonable facsimile.
nice quote

Location hidden

#597 Jan 30, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it did not happen. I have not heard a word about the this.

Location hidden

#598 Jan 30, 2012
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>I saw it in today's LA "Times".
Hmm did you now? Yet it has not been on any news .

Saul Alinsky taught you well.

Location hidden

#599 Jan 30, 2012
Sergio23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that the same Fox news that created the Tea Party? Remember? Fox news producers went all over the country and created the "spontaneous" and "grass roots" rallies that launched the Tea Party.
Let the denials begin...
FOX reported the grass roots growth of the Tea party but FOX did not create it.

Tea party has taken a lovely toll on you dems and much left to do.

Location hidden

#600 Jan 30, 2012
Curteese wrote:
You know it. HBO is left of left and comedy central with those two leftist parrots Stewart and Colbert should work for Rachel Maddow.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#601 Jan 30, 2012
luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
FOX reported the grass roots growth of the Tea party but FOX did not create it.
Tea party has taken a lovely toll on you dems and much left to do.
Glen Beck originated the TEA party stupid.

Location hidden

#602 Jan 30, 2012
luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
You know it. HBO is left of left and comedy central with those two leftist parrots Stewart and Colbert should work for Rachel Maddow.
Belittling others only makes you look like a stupid troll.

Location hidden

#603 Jan 30, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Glen Beck originated the TEA party stupid.

You are typical Dem hypocrite.

Glenn Beck did not orignate a single political movement. Tea party is grass roots movement by patriots.

Location hidden

#604 Jan 30, 2012
luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
You are typical Dem hypocrite.
Glenn Beck did not orignate a single political movement. Tea party is grass roots movement by patriots.
You HATE the teachings of the Lord.

Here are the things which the Lord says to obey.

35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied:“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[c] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it:‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Here is what Paul really says:

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love

Tell us why you are willfully disobedient to the Lord?

Location hidden

#605 Jan 30, 2012
No, here is how it really started.

A Televised Birth of a Movement

CNBC's Rick Santelli is widely credited with launching the grassroots movement. While standing on the floor of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange on February 19, 2009, he unleashed what can only be called a rant against the Obama Administration's proposal to help homeowners facing foreclosure refinance their mortgages.

"Do we really want to subsidize the losers' mortgages?" he asked. "This is America! How many of you people want to pay for your neighbor's mortgage that has an extra bathroom and can't pay their bills?" He went on to suggest that he would organize a Chicago Tea Party in July, where capitalists would dump "some derivative securities into Lake Michigan." The video of his tirade became a YouTube hit, and thus the movement was born. Within weeks, Tea Party protests were sprouting up all over the country. The Tea Party name, a clear reference to the American colonists' dumping of tea into Boston Harbor to protest taxes imposed by King George, stands as an acronym as well: Taxed Enough Already.

Read more: History of the Tea Party Movement — Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/us/government/tea-p...

It was started by people who don't care about helping their neighbors. It is started by people who don't give a crap about their neighbors becoming homeless. It is started by selfish people who don't give a crap about the teachings of the Lord.

Yea go ahead and wrap yourself in the flag you old witch.

Watch out a house doesn't fall from the sky and crush you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 23 min neighbor 1,856
Jades Diary 5 43 min Maze 2
News Gay bar opens near Macon Road, drawing visitors... 2 hr Will Dockery 96
News California just added four more 'discriminatory... 2 hr Frankford 16
Can a Man be Gay But Only Like Oral Sex? (Aug '13) 2 hr Frankford 15
News Lesbian couple get divorce after politically ch... 2 hr Mari cone 17
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 2 hr No Surprise 6,821
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Ulysses 51,263
News California AG bans state travel to Texas, 3 oth... 6 hr davy 67
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 8 hr Kim Jung 69,540
Mississippi can enforce LGBT religious objecti... 12 hr Frankie Rizzo 10
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 12 hr Frankie Rizzo 26,386
More from around the web