Most Americans Support Ban on Gay Scout Leaders

Dec 31, 2012 Full story: EDGE 30

A new poll by agency Gallup reveals many Americans have contradictory opinions regarding the LGBT community -- while most support gay rights, they think gays shouldn't be allowed to be Scout leaders.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#1 Dec 31, 2012
I suppose that this shows that the majority of Americans still have that old bug-a-boo in their heads that all gay men are child molesters. Yet, that does not explain why that same majority would approve of child-adoption by gay parents. That seems to be quite a dichotomy. And then there is the issue of why they did not ask the same question concerning lesbians as GSA leaders. Why are all these polls directed at only gay men? Is it because they still view women as second-class, and therefore don't consider them worthy of such questions?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#2 Dec 31, 2012
Pull all public funding from them, form a new "scouting" organization that's inclusive. Problem solved. They'll die out and the new one will thrive.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#3 Dec 31, 2012
So is it just gay leaders they don't support or gay scouts as well? If they are going to discriminate against a child too that is just beyond heartless. Apparently people still believe the lies and stereotypes of all gays being child molesters when the majority of molesters are straight men.

DNF

“Judge more and you love less”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH-Baltimore MD-S.Fla

#4 Dec 31, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
Pull all public funding from them, form a new "scouting" organization that's inclusive. Problem solved. They'll die out and the new one will thrive.
There are already such organizations.

DNF

#5 Dec 31, 2012
The BSA does not allow gay leaders. Yet they are involved in one of the biggest abuse scandals since the RCC child molesting priest debacles.

Therefore it's only logical to say they allow heterosexual pedophiles to be Scout Leaders.

This policy makes as much logical and scientific sense as the ban of gay men giving blood.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#6 Dec 31, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>There are already such organizations.
Then promote those.

Oh, and pull public funding from the BSA.
disgusted american

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Dec 31, 2012
and almost a 3rd of Americans suffer from GKS

((The GLADYS KRAVITZ SYNDROM)) which cause one to be a contant busy body, and have to have thier nose in everyone elses business.
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

#9 Dec 31, 2012
The homosexuals seek to destroy anything that is good and wholesome:
Boy Scouts of America
Roman Catholic Church
Religion
Traditional Marriage
Traditional Family
Apple Pie

The homosexuals never build, they only destroy.
Pierre

France

#10 Dec 31, 2012
"Most Americans Support Ban on Gay Scout Leaders"

DUH!

What person in their right mind would support gay men leading a bunch of little boys?
Pierre

France

#11 Dec 31, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>There are already such organizations.
True, NAMBLA for instance.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#12 Dec 31, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You horrible, hateful, racist homofascists do your best to end Scouting for kids in the ghetto.
What don't you get about this? Allowing homosexuals to be in positions of authority over young people nearly bankrupted the Catholic Church. What do you think it would do for Scouting?????
The priest abuse scandal was over 80% homosexual in nature, primarily involved pederasty. You homofascists lie and try to paint it as pedophilia. There was little of that. It was primarily homosexual molestation of minor young men.
Yet the priests were the smallest portion of pedophiles. The largest is still straight, across the globe. If we include those countries where it's legal to marry 9 year olds, the number reaches astronomical proportions, all straight.

There are other organizations just like it, most ghetto kids won't wear the gay neckerchiefs anyway, but that's just it, they already don't get that option. BSA caters to the suburbanites, so your whole assertion is dead in the water anyway. Crawl back under the rock you came from, BSA is using tax dollars to discriminate, that is illegal, end of story.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#13 Dec 31, 2012
Pierre wrote:
"Most Americans Support Ban on Gay Scout Leaders"
DUH!
What person in their right mind would support gay men leading a bunch of little boys?
Knot tying isn't gay?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#16 Dec 31, 2012
Hates Queers wrote:
<quoted text>
Not me that's for sure. these sicko's don't have a place in our society. God made Man for woman and woman for man not the sick perversion these gays and lesbians do with each other.
Prove your god exists, then you can start to dictate what it says and does.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#17 Dec 31, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
It means no one wants a fking Fa$$ot as a scout leader. You perverts are into male anatomy which means little boys are definitely not safe.
Interesting, you know a lot of little boys with big hard penises?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#19 Dec 31, 2012
The Boy Scouts have never allowed for openly gay troop leaders or scouts, but yet their own records of abuse that has occurred in the organization proves it did nothing to prevent the problem as the openly heterosexual pedophiles and abusers walked right in. The Catholic Church has always excluded gay men from the priesthood and laity, but yet their own records of abuse that has occurred in the Church proves it did nothing to prevent the problem as the openly straight pedophiles and molesters walked right in. You'd think the general public would have caught on to just how badly they have been lied to on this subject by the right, but no. This is the hardest of their bogeymen to kill.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#20 Dec 31, 2012
Hates Queers wrote:
I don't have to prove my God exist to you. you'll see soon enough that he's real and then i'll be the one laughing.
You cannot dictate what something which does not exist says or wants. Therefor your assertion is untrue.
Harold

United States

#21 Dec 31, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting, you know a lot of little boys with big hard penises?
You're very sick.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#22 Dec 31, 2012
Harold wrote:
<quoted text>
You're very sick.
I wasn't the one that was thinking about it, I was just asking about how many you have seen. The point being, gay men don't like little boys because ... well ... they don't have anything that appeals to them. They're not gay because they like holes, they're gay because they like poles.
Qwerty26

Lewes, DE

#24 Dec 31, 2012
Hates Queers wrote:
I don't have to prove my God exist to you. you'll see soon enough that he's real and then i'll be the one laughing.
Oh, yeah, baby, yeah! Show me that christian love baby!

You are nothing but a sadistic monster. You sit around contemplating how you are going to laugh and laugh as your stupid man-made "god" condemns most of the human race to some sort of eternal punishment - all for your viewing pleasure so you can look down from your lofty perch in the clouds and laugh.

Your religion is sick. You are sick for believing that some sort of all-knowing, all-wise deity would send most of his (and I'm pretty sure that your deity is a male, right?) creations to eternal torment.

Thanks to you and your ilk, I've definitely given up on your religion as having any shred of truth or credibility. So you go ahead and laugh, and explain to your deity how you drove people away from your deity.

DNF

#25 Jan 1, 2013
Hates Queers wrote:
What a delightful God to worship.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 3 min NorCal Native 4,966
Black churchgoers break with leading Democrats ... (Apr '12) 13 min Brian_G 1,890
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 21 min Brian_G 5,419
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 34 min cpeter1313 2,818
Jindal defends January prayer rally at LSU campus 35 min Cordwainer Trout 26
Gay Marriage and the Limits of Tradition 1 hr NorCal Native 1,195
The Thursday Night NE Jade Thread 2 hr Sidney 6
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 4 hr RevKen 26,658
How 2014 Was the Beginning of the End for the G... 4 hr Your blood we hope 21
More from around the web