Same-sex marriage faces first vote in RI

Jan 21, 2013 Full story: Turnto10.com 40

Legislation to allow gay and lesbian couples to marry in Rhode Island is headed to its first test in the General Assembly.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
khaild

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

#1 Jan 22, 2013
no comments

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#2 Jan 22, 2013
The House judiciary committe votes today and will send the bill to the full House for a vote likely on Thursday where it is certain to pass.

Then comes the hard part- getting the bill out of the Senate judiciary committee where they are split 5-5. If they can get it to the full Senate, it will likely pass, which is why the anti-gays have held it up in committee the past few years.

Tawas City, Michigan

#4 Jan 22, 2013
Truthteller wrote:
Homosexual 'marriage' is a complete fraud.
It has been overwhelmingly rejected by homosexuals as an actual practice in every country that allows it, and studies have shown that most such 'marriages' aren't even exclusive arrangements.
No homosexual relationship shares the reasons for government involvement in real marriage. No child is ever born as a direct result and no such relationship can provide a child with a father and mother. Homosexual 'marriage,' where legal, isn't even a basic building block of homosexual society, much less of society as a whole. There is no standardized format for homosexual 'marriages,' and no economically unequal genders are involved.
Why not forget about disenfranchising others in order for force your concocted, failed philosophy into law? Why not try a little live and let live?
Hey David Moore from Pekin Illinois, had sex with your own kids today? Oh that's right, the judge still has that restraining order against you.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#5 Jan 22, 2013
Truthteller wrote:
Why not try a little live and let live?
You first.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#6 Jan 22, 2013
Truthteller wrote:
Please, you first David:-)

Since: Mar 07

Woodford, VA

#7 Jan 22, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, you first David:-)
I suppose this is his newest oft repeated cut and paste sentence.

Funny that he doesn't see the irony in it.

I guess that in his world, "live and let live" means "allow me to control your life and future based on my fears and insecurities".

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

#8 Jan 22, 2013
Truthteller wrote:
Why not try a little ThorazineŽ?

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#9 Jan 22, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose this is his newest oft repeated cut and paste sentence.
Funny that he doesn't see the irony in it.
I guess that in his world, "live and let live" means "allow me to control your life and future based on my fears and insecurities".
Morning Quest,
Seems that in almost 5 years that I have been on topix, David has repeated that same post or similar one probably over 10,000 times and still he doesn't get it......it matters not how many Same-Sex couples actually get married, it MATTERS that they have the right to make that all important decision:-)

Peace to you and yours:-)

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#10 Jan 22, 2013
Truthteller wrote:
It has been overwhelmingly rejected by homosexuals as an actual practice in every country that allows it, and studies have shown that most such 'marriages' aren't even exclusive arrangements.
No homosexual relationship shares the reasons for government involvement in real marriage. No child is ever born as a direct result and no such relationship can provide a child with a father and mother. Homosexual 'marriage,' where legal, isn't even a basic building block of homosexual society, much less of society as a whole. There is no standardized format for homosexual 'marriages,' and no economically unequal genders are involved.
Why not forget about disenfranchising others in order for force your concocted, failed philosophy into law? Why not try a little live and let live?
Your constant stream of false names is a complete fraud, CALEB, MAX, JANCEY, LUKE, DAVID MOORE, TRUTHTELLER, in fact this last "name" is the cruelest lie of all.'Truthteller' my eye, you couldn't tell the truth at this point if it were easier.

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

#13 Jan 22, 2013
Truthteller wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for confirming that you cannot refute any point I posted.
Are you trying to tell us that you are a liar for calling yourself Curteese? No one in their right mind posts under their real name when dealing with you hateful radical homosexual fanatics! You can make no logical case for your horrible hate based agenda, so you attack the messenger and try to hack posts. A moving target is harder to hack, hater.
Not even a nice try, moron. Your so-called points have been easily refuted here again and again ad infinitum. If you're too stupid to remember them, you can hardly expect anyone to continue accommodating you.

What possible difference could it make to you what name you post under? Everyone knows you're David Moore of South 18th Street in Pekin, Illinois, so calling yourself anything else fools no one.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#14 Jan 22, 2013
Anyone have a latest on the vote in Rhode Island?

Palm Springs, California

#15 Jan 22, 2013
Truthteller wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for confirming that you cannot refute any point I posted.
Are you trying to tell us that you are a liar for calling yourself Curteese? No one in their right mind posts under their real name when dealing with you hateful radical homosexual fanatics! You can make no logical case for your horrible hate based agenda, so you attack the messenger and try to hack posts. A moving target is harder to hack, hater.
I've admitted several times that my name is Curt. Was that really such a stretch for you to guess?

Your constant labors of dreaming up new names is impressive, I must say, but odd and strange. WHY go to all that trouble? Whom do you think you are fooling?

I hate no one, unlike you, who has completely perverted the whole set up of Christianity. You are committing at least 5 sins I can think of, hate, judging others, lying, inhospitable behavior, and having a hard heart. When you go to hell, pack light clothes.

Palm Springs, California

#16 Jan 22, 2013
GoldenGator wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even a nice try, moron. Your so-called points have been easily refuted here again and again ad infinitum. If you're too stupid to remember them, you can hardly expect anyone to continue accommodating you.
What possible difference could it make to you what name you post under? Everyone knows you're David Moore of South 18th Street in Pekin, Illinois, so calling yourself anything else fools no one.
Yeah, what YOU said!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#17 Jan 22, 2013
Truthteller wrote:
The IRS gives married couples with 2 kids $467,562.00 worth of rights; benefits; and privileges over the life of the marriage
When 'live and let live' pays better than the IRS; let us know; sugar
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/03/your-money/... ;

Tawas City, Michigan

#18 Jan 22, 2013
snyper wrote:
It was passed out of the judiciary committee on a unanimous vote. The full House is expected to vote on Thursday.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#19 Jan 22, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
It was passed out of the judiciary committee on a unanimous vote. The full House is expected to vote on Thursday.
That didn't take long....

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#20 Jan 22, 2013
snyper wrote:
Glad you could pop in, Snyper.

Location hidden

#21 Jan 22, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought that was today?(sigh)

Location hidden

#22 Jan 22, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you could pop in, Snyper.
lol

Because of the way things are going in locations around the world, my sect decided on an increase in ISP budget to an unlimited account.

So, other duties permitting, I'll be here in my usual guise, instead of just popping in for a tad.

Tawas City, Michigan

#23 Jan 22, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
That didn't take long....
The House won't be a problem; it's the Senate where we may run into a glitch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Critics Claim Religious Freedom Act Legalizes B... 14 min scs2011 13
Supreme Court won't stop gay marriages in Florida 17 min NorCal Native 20
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 19 min Respect71 5,658
Gay British musician Elton John marries partner... 21 min Curteese 2
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 30 min well 26,765
'Fame-seeking' journalist may be behind arrest ... 54 min L Craig s Hush Pu... 4
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 58 min Gunther 68,523
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 1 hr eyeful 2,878
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 2 hr WeTheSheeple 5,039
More from around the web