Mormon Church Working With LGBT Leaders on Utah Anti-Discrimination Bill

There are 20 comments on the Feb 11, 2013, EDGE story titled Mormon Church Working With LGBT Leaders on Utah Anti-Discrimination Bill. In it, EDGE reports that:

Officials from the Mormon Church have apparently been working with Utah's LGBT community in order to create a bill that would protect gays from housing and employment discrimination in Utah, Salt Lake Tribune reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#1 Feb 12, 2013
seems that the log cabin folks are worse traders than the straight mormons makes me wonder who the real enemy is

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#2 Feb 12, 2013
I will believe it,when I see it with my own eyes!

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

#3 Feb 12, 2013
That's like asking the KKK to help in drafting a bill to address racism!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#4 Feb 12, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
Yep.

Location hidden

#5 Feb 12, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
TOUCHE!

Location hidden

#6 Feb 12, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
Hi,Kitten.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#7 Feb 12, 2013
STEPHMAR wrote:
<quoted text>Hi,Kitten.
Good morning.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#9 Feb 12, 2013
Hm, maybe the next Church president will get a revelation from God and Mrs. God that gays can be Mormons if they marry each other. But the sacred underwear will have to get sexier if they want to convert them.

“Equality for ALL”

Since: Jul 10

Massachusetts

#10 Feb 12, 2013
???

What's to work out? Any religious entity itself would be exempt from the law.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#11 Feb 12, 2013
It's all about public image.

Polygamy became a hindrance to statehood, so a magical revelation coincidentally happened to put this integral part of the Mormon doctrine on hold in earthly affairs for now so that Utah could join the Union .

MEN who follow the Prophet are still awarded many wives in the Celestial Kingdom. Others are destined to be slaves in this Patriarchal Hierarchical kingdom, especially those who were born black in this life:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php...

At one time being black was a curse according to the church:

Joseph Fielding Smith wrote the following:

"There is a reason why one man is born black and with other disadvantages, while another is born white with great advantage. The reason is that we once had an estate before we came here, and were obedient, more or less, to the laws that were given us there. Those who were faithful in all things there received greater blessings here, and those who were not faithful received less.... There were no neutrals in the war in heaven. All took sides either with Christ or with Satan. Every man had his agency there, and men receive rewards here based upon their actions there, just as they will receive rewards hereafter for deeds done in the body. The Negro, evidently, is receiving the reward he merits."

Joseph Fielding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation, Vol.1, pages 66-67

This bit of hateful church sanctioned bigotry tarnished the image of the church so a revelation occurred just in time!

Now Blacks can be a part of a church that values it's tax exempt status.

The doctrine of blood atonement is another image tarnishing doctrine that the church tries to distance itself from that has also been put on hold. It is definitely the most dangerous of all of the teachings of the church:

http://www.mormoncurtain.com/topic_bloodatone...

It's just a matter of time before most of humanity recognizes that sexual orientation is not a choice anymore than a person chooses to be left or right handed.

And that time is getting close. In fact most scientifically informed people already know that homosexuals have been telling the truth all these centuries when they insisted that this is how they were born.

So the prophet has had to put on his magic polishing hat once again, as it's time to get out the old prophecy rag and start polishing the image again with some more new light!

Nothing like a fancy website to reassure the public that the Mormon church really does care about homosexuals, but what is their actual position on the matter?:

http://www.dailyillini.com/opinion/columns/ar...

here is just one of many sad stories about how the church really feels about homosexuality and what it eventually leads to for many young people born into Mormonism:

http://www.advocate.com/news/daily-news/2012/...

The Mormon church likes to keep it's image nice and shiny but one strategy has negated all of it.

It is what is called "theocratic warfare". or "
lying for the lord".

This is the doctrine that teaches that it is ok to lie to those outside of the church to protect it's image:

http://20truths.info/mormon/lying.html

This of course makes all image polishing of the church like pouring oil on a dirt driveway and than claiming it was paved! The driveway will only look paved until the next rain:

The church is what it is and it's views on homosexuality have not changed.

Again it's all about polishing an image that really does not reflect the inner workings of the church but is what the church wants the public to see.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#12 Feb 12, 2013
**********N-E-V-E-R**********
trust a trojan horse dressed in magic underpants
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#13 Feb 12, 2013
Now lets take a look at the headline:
++++++++++
"Mormon Church Working With LGBT Leaders on Utah Anti-Discrimination Bill"
++++++++++
What do we see?
We see a tax-exempt 'religion' crossing the line into governmental affairs
All together now; say:
**********T-H-E-O-C-R-A-C-Y*** *******
Justice Department Alert!
The Sneaky-Snake mormons are waging a direct attack on 'Separation of Church and State' and the 'Constitution of the United States of America' while hiding behind the coattails of a gay rights nonprofit
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#14 Feb 12, 2013
If the mormon 'church' wants to operate the entire State of Utah as a religious compound; then Utah needs to abolish the state charter and become a theocracy independent of the United States of America
Utahns will need a passport to travel to and from the States

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#15 Feb 12, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
Now lets take a look at the headline:
++++++++++
"Mormon Church Working With LGBT Leaders on Utah Anti-Discrimination Bill"
++++++++++
What do we see?
We see a tax-exempt 'religion' crossing the line into governmental affairs
All together now; say:
**********T-H-E-O-C-R-A-C-Y*** *******
Justice Department Alert!
The Sneaky-Snake mormons are waging a direct attack on 'Separation of Church and State' and the 'Constitution of the United States of America' while hiding behind the coattails of a gay rights nonprofit
We see one of the largest and most influential non government groups in the State finally working with our people to craft a law that helps.

This is GOOD news people.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles.- Sun Tzu

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#16 Feb 12, 2013
And yes it's also public image and spin control.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#18 Feb 12, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>We see one of the largest and most influential non government groups in the State finally working with our people to craft a law that helps.
Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles.- Sun Tzu
Knowing your enemy does not mean bearing your throat to them.

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

#19 Feb 13, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>We see one of the largest and most influential non government groups in the State finally working with our people to craft a law that helps.
I'll ask it again -- should the African-American community have welcomed the participation of the KKK in writing civil liberties laws? Should raped women be expected to work with their abusers in overcoming their trauma? How is this any different?

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#20 Feb 13, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll ask it again -- should the African-American community have welcomed the participation of the KKK in writing civil liberties laws? Should raped women be expected to work with their abusers in overcoming their trauma? How is this any different?
I would not trust them or there endorsers

El Cerrito California

#21 Feb 13, 2013
It isn't that the rank and file Mormons are bad people.

But ,,,

Their harsh treatment of their own children should tell us how harmful to the cause of equal rights for anyone this church is with their patriarchal hierarchical teachings that contradict the reality of biologically programed sexual orientation being varied in many different ways across a broad spectrum of species that is all determined before birth:

http://www.mormoncurtain.com/topic_homosexual...

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#23 Apr 25, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
It isn't that the rank and file Mormons are bad people.
But ,,,
Their harsh treatment of their own children should tell us how harmful to the cause of equal rights for anyone this church is with their patriarchal hierarchical teachings that contradict the reality of biologically programed sexual orientation being varied in many different ways across a broad spectrum of species that is all determined before birth:
http://www.mormoncurtain.com/topic_homosexual...
Hey Smurf, remember when you were denying that you were specifically blaming today's Mormons leaders for the MMM incident? Well how about a blast from the past where you state your claim now is a lie eh?

Grandpasmurf952

Location hidden
#106 Dec 17, 2008

So many of the mormon posters are angry because I keep bringing up the fact that their leaders have not apologized for , or acknowledged responsibility for the Mountain Meadows Massacre. the denial borders on the irrational. I posted the website with the official anouncement. I will post it again:

Let's post that one more time for clarity shall we?

" I keep bringing up the fact that their leaders have not apologized for , or acknowledged responsibility for the Mountain Meadows Massacre."

Just incase you doubt your past lunacy...

"... or acknowledged responsibility for the Mountain Meadows Massacre."

As I have repeatedly stated that you said I lied about and your post proves you lied to say I lied, you did in fact hold living Mormons responsible for the death of dead people that died over a century ago.

I love it when you prove me right :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cincinnati mayor: As same-sex marriage cases ad... 1 min david traversa 1
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 2 min Brian_G 2,031
News State warns Boy Scouts about discriminating aga... 26 min Wondering 100
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 56 min Brian_G 31,962
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 1 hr James 14,604
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 2 hr Dana Robertson 2,721
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 2 hr _Into The Abyss_ 59,301
Are the mods fair and balanced? 3 hr NorCal Native 647
News Gay marriage a difficult issue for GOP White Ho... 3 hr Christsharians on... 81
News Chief Justice John Roberts faces another big mo... 4 hr Christsharians on... 41
More from around the web