Waitress Who Received Anti-Gay Note D...

Waitress Who Received Anti-Gay Note Donates Tips to Veteran Organization

There are 289 comments on the EDGE story from Nov 18, 2013, titled Waitress Who Received Anti-Gay Note Donates Tips to Veteran Organization. In it, EDGE reports that:

Last week, Dayna Morales, an out waitress and a former Marine, made national headlines when she revealed that a family she served left her an anti-gay note in lieu of a tip .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#180 Nov 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just avoiding revealing your hypocrisy is what you mean. I frequent other forums on it. The real question is why do you attempt to censor me? What are you afraid of?
Stupid, look up the word "censor" as well.
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Polygamy is good peoples marriages. It is not a plot against same sex marriage. How dare anyone trivialize it like that.
If you are really interested in polygamy, and not just using it as some sort of distraction in the argument about gay marriage, why not go to a forum on the subject?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#181 Nov 22, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid, look up the word "censor" as well.
<quoted text>
If you are really interested in polygamy, and not just using it as some sort of distraction in the argument about gay marriage, why not go to a forum on the subject?
Telling me to go start another thread is a form of censorship. This is a perfectly good thread to discuss marriage equality if you are honest and unafraid. You are neither.

Your hostility to the idea of polygamy speaks volumes about your true intentions. You don't support marriage equality. You support more of the same but with you included. Marriage rights for approved groups only. And not for people you don't approve of.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#182 Nov 22, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid, look up the word "censor" as well.
<quoted text>
If you are really interested in polygamy, and not just using it as some sort of distraction in the argument about gay marriage, why not go to a forum on the subject?
Polygamy is good peoples lives and marriages. it is not a distraction. How dare you be so bigoted and self centered as to call it a "distraction" against your favorite form of marriage..

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#183 Nov 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Telling me to go start another thread is a form of censorship.
No, dummy, it's not. You are free to ignore me. As you have.
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
This is a perfectly good thread to discuss marriage equality if you are honest and unafraid. You are neither.
Your hostility to the idea of polygamy speaks volumes about your true intentions. You don't support marriage equality. You support more of the same but with you included. Marriage rights for approved groups only. And not for people you don't approve of.
Zzzz...
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#184 Nov 22, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, dummy, it's not. You are free to ignore me. As you have.
<quoted text>
Zzzz...
Giving up already eh? That's because you're just a loudmouthed windbag with no argument.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#185 Nov 23, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Polygamy is good peoples lives and marriages.
#englishfail
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
it is not a distraction.
It is not relevant to the thread.
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
How dare you be so bigoted and self centered as to call it a "distraction" against your favorite form of marriage..
Can you count?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#186 Nov 23, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
#englishfail
<quoted text>
It is not relevant to the thread.
<quoted text>
Can you count?
Great arguments! Tell the judge that is why polygamy shouldn't be allowed. Ask the judge if he can count! That'll keep poly illegal.

The bottom line is I support marriage equality and you do not.

Can you tell a man from a woman? Same argument, own it.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#187 Nov 23, 2013
Oh and lides, tell the judge polygamy is just a distraction. So it shouldn't be allowed.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#188 Nov 23, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Great arguments! Tell the judge that is why polygamy shouldn't be allowed. Ask the judge if he can count! That'll keep poly illegal.
The bottom line is I support marriage equality and you do not.
Can you tell a man from a woman? Same argument, own it.
Frankie, what relevance does polygamy have to a woman not being tipped?

I see you can't count. Although it is irrelevant, here is why polygamy is not analogous to same sex marriage. Polygamy, by definition seeks greater protection of the law for three or ore people to marry. The state is required to provide all people within its jurisdiction equal protection of the law, they are by no means required to require greater protection of the law. When you advance the theory that polygamy seeks similar protection to that sought by same sex marriage, you merely make yourself appear to be an irrational imbecile who cannot count.

Well played, Frankie.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#189 Nov 23, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie, what relevance does polygamy have to a woman not being tipped?
I see you can't count. Although it is irrelevant, here is why polygamy is not analogous to same sex marriage. Polygamy, by definition seeks greater protection of the law for three or ore people to marry. The state is required to provide all people within its jurisdiction equal protection of the law, they are by no means required to require greater protection of the law. When you advance the theory that polygamy seeks similar protection to that sought by same sex marriage, you merely make yourself appear to be an irrational imbecile who cannot count.
Well played, Frankie.
"Seeks greater protection" too funny! That's another good one to tell the judge.

So does a family with two kids "seek greater protection" than a family with one kid?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#190 Nov 23, 2013
Protection of the law is not limited folks, there's plenty to go around. Everyone gets EQUAL protection. That's what it means. Polygamists won't hog all your protection.

Too funny. "seeks greater protection".
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#191 Nov 23, 2013
DOMA was struck down in no small part because it picks out a certain class of people and, by denying them recognition of their marriages, denies their families equal freedom and dignity. Can it be denied that polygamous families, whose marital arrangements are illegal, much less unrecognized, are denied equal liberty and are made to suffer the indignity of active discrimination...

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyiname...

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#192 Nov 23, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
"Seeks greater protection" too funny! That's another good one to tell the judge.
So does a family with two kids "seek greater protection" than a family with one kid?
Once again Frankie, polygamy is irrelevant to the topic at hand, and I am very sorry that you are too stupid to be able to count.

Offspring are not necessary for legal marriage, nor are they participants in the legal marriage. They may be a part of the family, but they are not legal parties to the marriage itself.

Are you just going out of your way to make yourself look dumb? If so, you're doing great.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#193 Nov 23, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Great arguments! Tell the judge that is why polygamy shouldn't be allowed. Ask the judge if he can count! That'll keep poly illegal.
The bottom line is I support marriage equality and you do not.
Can you tell a man from a woman? Same argument, own it.
Actually if you support polygamy like you claim, why aren't you filing lawsuits to overturn laws against polygamy? or are you simply stating that you support them, but really don't?

Frankly, polygamist have NEVER needed Gays and Lesbians to lead the way in order for them to fight for their beliefs regarding marrying more than one other person........and though I have NO issue with polygamist fighting for their right to marry more than 1 other adult person........and though it DOESN'T affect me or my marriage......IT'S ALSO NOT MY FIGHT and if they are NOT going to fight for it......why should others do it for them?

You keep claiming that you truly support Marriage Equality, but what you mean is that you believe that Marriage Equality should include polygamist, as well as people being allowed to marry other things as well, right? Anything goes like adult family members marrying, right? And if you do.......then go fight that fight.....explain to the Courts why these "OTHER" marriages should be allowed......but you aren't doing that.......just using it as a talking point when in reality it is NOT truly part of this discussion.......at least NOT until the polygamist ACTUALLY start wanting what you claim they want!!!

If you want to discuss the issue of polygamy......go start a thread about it or go to the thread that was started for you!!!

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#194 Nov 23, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Can it be denied that polygamous families, whose marital arrangements are illegal, much less unrecognized, are denied equal liberty and are made to suffer the indignity of active discrimination...
It can be denied by anyone who can count to three, or understand that three or more is greater than two.

Only idiots advance the argument of polygamy relative to same sex marriage.

Complete morons do so on threads that don't even have to do with gay marriage.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#195 Nov 23, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
DOMA was struck down in no small part because it picks out a certain class of people and, by denying them recognition of their marriages, denies their families equal freedom and dignity.......
Yes.

The freedom in question was about who may be allowed to marry the single, unrelated and consenting adult of their choice. DOMA denied that right to ONLY one group of people - gay people. The law denied that choice based only on the gender of the participants, and the law was based on animus, with no state interest.

That lack of state interest eventually pulled down the DOMA.

You try sooooo hard to prove that marrying many at one time is the same as marrying one at a time, and yet you have had difficulty in showing just how. You've been trying to prop up your straw man for ages, but he's turning into so much mulch.

Don't you get bored with the silliness after awhile? No person wishing to legally marry one person needs to prove that they support marrying many.

Just give it up.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#196 Nov 23, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again Frankie, polygamy is irrelevant to the topic at hand, and I am very sorry that you are too stupid to be able to count.
Offspring are not necessary for legal marriage, nor are they participants in the legal marriage. They may be a part of the family, but they are not legal parties to the marriage itself.
Are you just going out of your way to make yourself look dumb? If so, you're doing great.
It seems you have given up your dopey "seeks greater protection" argument against marriage equality. But you are clinging to your "can't count" argument still.

I support marriage equality and you do not.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#197 Nov 23, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually if you support polygamy like you claim, why aren't you filing lawsuits to overturn laws against polygamy? or are you simply stating that you support them, but really don't?
Frankly, polygamist have NEVER needed Gays and Lesbians to lead the way in order for them to fight for their beliefs regarding marrying more than one other person........and though I have NO issue with polygamist fighting for their right to marry more than 1 other adult person........and though it DOESN'T affect me or my marriage......IT'S ALSO NOT MY FIGHT and if they are NOT going to fight for it......why should others do it for them?
You keep claiming that you truly support Marriage Equality, but what you mean is that you believe that Marriage Equality should include polygamist, as well as people being allowed to marry other things as well, right? Anything goes like adult family members marrying, right? And if you do.......then go fight that fight.....explain to the Courts why these "OTHER" marriages should be allowed......but you aren't doing that.......just using it as a talking point when in reality it is NOT truly part of this discussion.......at least NOT until the polygamist ACTUALLY start wanting what you claim they want!!!
If you want to discuss the issue of polygamy......go start a thread about it or go to the thread that was started for you!!!
I don't want to file lawsuits. I simply want to discuss marriage equality without your fear, anger, paranoia and attempts to censor me.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#198 Nov 23, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Protection of the law is not limited folks, there's plenty to go around..........
Can you provide links to the studies that show polygamy provides a healthy long-term environment for the adults involved, their children, and is beneficial to society - or at least neutral?

We already know that marriage between two people provides financial stability, protects the elderly, and is good for society. We already know that having two involved and married parents is a good thing for kids.

Based on what we see in the news, the religious groups that practice polygamy seem to have some rather dangerous inherent problems, but I think most folks are open to learning new facts.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#199 Nov 23, 2013
Yay the waitress and good on her she donated her tips. Boo the people on both sides who made an issue of her sexuality.

Awright, that's out of the way. Why are so many of you hypocrites when it comes to marriage equality?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 7 min dollarsbill 19,258
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 2 hr Blond Prince WCLB 28,029
News 'Roseanne' Star Recalls Fight to Air Controvers... 3 hr Roy 111
News MSNBC's Joy Reid says homophobic posts were res... 3 hr Ex Senator Stillb... 1
News I Hate to Break This to You, Judge Moore, but G... (Mar '15) 5 hr geezer files 3
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 5 hr River Tam 61,058
News School textbook with gay maths problem go viral 5 hr Rose_NoHo 61