Teaching Gay History in California

Teaching Gay History in California

There are 12515 comments on the EDGE story from Jul 9, 2011, titled Teaching Gay History in California. In it, EDGE reports that:

California lawmakers on Tuesday sent the governor a bill that would make the state the first requiring public schools to include the contributions of gays and lesbians in social studies curriculum.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 626
Next Last

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#13527 Sep 6, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
So what if they divorced, Brian?
That contradicts:
http://www.topix.com/forum/sf/TDATRML20BSIND6...
Rose Feratu wrote:
What the hell do you think divorce lawyers are, Brian? With a 50% divorce rate, I guess people hate straight marriage MORE.
Rose Feratu wrote:
And everyone is well aware of your failed logic and ridiculous metaphors. Engaging in an argument with you is like arguing with a brick wall.
Same sex marriage creates a new standard in marriage where gender is irrelevant and a husband or wife is disposable. The problem is, this harms children who succeed best with a married mother and father.

Keeping marriage male/female is about diversity and integration; same sex marriage is sex segregation marriage. Even when voluntary, diversity is better than separatism and segregation.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#13528 Sep 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage creates a new standard in marriage where gender is irrelevant and a husband or wife is disposable. The problem is, this harms children who succeed best with a married mother and father.
So does divorce and out of wedlock births, why don't you address these topics?

Do you support a divorce ban in all circumstances and state sanctioned shot gun weddings for out of wedlock births so that all children are raised by two birth parents?

Just how dumb do you want to make yourself out to be?
Brian_G wrote:
Keeping marriage male/female is about diversity and integration; same sex marriage is sex segregation marriage. Even when voluntary, diversity is better than separatism and segregation.
You are an idiot with no valid argument, Brian.

You are a broken record, your arguments are so pathetic that a first grader could best them, and you are a bigot arguing against the constitutional guarantee of equal protection of the law for all.

Congratulations, you're unAmerican.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#13529 Sep 6, 2013
lides wrote:
You are a broken record, your arguments are so pathetic that a first grader could best them,
lides, scolding himself in front of the mirror again.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#13530 Sep 6, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...silly? A man calling himself Rose and I'm silly?
Yes. Your posts are silly. If I posted under a different name, that would NOT change how ridiculously unfounded your posts are.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#13531 Sep 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>That contradicts:
http://www.topix.com/forum/sf/TDATRML20BSIND6...
<quoted text>
<quoted text>Same sex marriage creates a new standard in marriage where gender is irrelevant and a husband or wife is disposable. The problem is, this harms children who succeed best with a married mother and father.
Really, Brian? There are no more husbands and wives?

You have ZERO proof that marriage harms children. Do you understand? ZERO. similar to your IQ.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#13532 Sep 6, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
Are there? if same sex marriage becomes law, that may become true for the first time in recorded history. Now what, more bad news?

Rose Feratu wrote:
You have ZERO proof that marriage harms children.
All I wrote was, every child raised by a same sex couple is raised without either mother or father.

Rose Feratu wrote:
Do you understand? ZERO. similar to your IQ.
I understand ad hominem, irrational argument not directed at the issue but at the person. Don't bring yourself low, you're better than defamation and hate politics. I know you're better than that!
usa 76

Los Angeles, CA

#13533 Sep 6, 2013
Rose..why are you so militant and angry? At what point in your life did you become so bitter? You are living proof of what happens when.you had a father, or the lack of one, who didn't provide you with the proper affirmation of being male. Let it go! Get help. You can do it. If homosexuality was a normal.behavior, why do so many gay people wish they were straight. How many heteros do you know who struggle to want to be gay!
usa 76

Los Angeles, CA

#13534 Sep 6, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
You have ZERO proof that marriage harms children. Do you understand? ZERO. similar to your IQ.
Hi dad and dad...how do you you make babies?

What is wrong with this picture?
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#13535 Sep 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Are there? if same sex marriage becomes law, that may become true for the first time in recorded history. Now what, more bad news?
It already IS law, dumbass. Did straight people stop getting married????????? What the hell is wrong with you?
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#13536 Sep 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>All I wrote was, every child raised by a same sex couple is raised without either mother or father.
Are you really trying to sneak in a lie? Really?

Brian.... the sex organs of the parents have ZERO impact on their ability to nurture, love, and parent a child. Parenting skills are what count, not sex organs.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#13537 Sep 7, 2013
usa 76 wrote:
Rose..why are you so militant and angry? At what point in your life did you become so bitter? You are living proof of what happens when.you had a father, or the lack of one, who didn't provide you with the proper affirmation of being male. Let it go! Get help. You can do it. If homosexuality was a normal.behavior, why do so many gay people wish they were straight. How many heteros do you know who struggle to want to be gay!
Oh puh-leez. Spare me the bullshit about fathers and male role models. It's complete and utter bullshit. It's the stuff that got ex-gay therapy BANNED (for minors) here in New Jersey... unsubstantiated BULLSHIT.

Homosexuality IS normal behavior for gay people. And I don't know ANY gay people who wish they were straight. Wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one gets filled first.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#13538 Sep 7, 2013
usa 76 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi dad and dad...how do you you make babies?
What is wrong with this picture?
Your narrow mind.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#13539 Sep 7, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
It already IS law, dumbass. Did straight people stop getting married????????? What the hell is wrong with you?
I didn't write same sex marriage would cause "straight people stop getting married", I argued it causes a new segregation where before marriage has always been sex integrated and diverse. The perfect ratio of 1:1 affirmative action.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#13540 Sep 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't write same sex marriage would cause "straight people stop getting married", I argued it causes a new segregation where before marriage has always been sex integrated and diverse. The perfect ratio of 1:1 affirmative action.
Brian, currently marriage is segregated, and not diverse.

Your logic fails on every level.

Why don't you run outside and play. The adults are having a serious conversation.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#13541 Sep 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't write same sex marriage would cause "straight people stop getting married", I argued it causes a new segregation where before marriage has always been sex integrated and diverse. The perfect ratio of 1:1 affirmative action.
Even circus clowns can peddle backwards.

Your posts are right here for everyone to read, Brian. Lying about them only makes you look MORE immature.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 626
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 7 min Frankie Rizzo 15,105
News Alabama's chief justice defends his gay marriag... 1 hr Seperate Church N... 10
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 265
Little Robbie's Nursery Rhymes 2 hr HAHAHAHA 2
Watching Over You by Greg Lake 2 hr Fa-Foxy 2
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr Respect71 38,688
News ABC's 'What Would You Do?' Depicts Man Cheating... 4 hr Conrad 4
News Austin Loses 'A Safe Space for Gay Men to Go Ha... 8 hr Mite Be 32
More from around the web