Teaching Gay History in California

Teaching Gay History in California

There are 12515 comments on the EDGE story from Jul 9, 2011, titled Teaching Gay History in California. In it, EDGE reports that:

California lawmakers on Tuesday sent the governor a bill that would make the state the first requiring public schools to include the contributions of gays and lesbians in social studies curriculum.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#13190 Jan 28, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage for gays is simply trying to make promisourity official. That is why Obama allows them to have multiple partners.
LOL!!! You are a class A moron.

If two people are faithful to each other, that is the opposite of promiscuity.

Stupid.
Largelanguage

Halkyn, UK

#13191 Jan 28, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! You are a class A moron.
If two people are faithful to each other, that is the opposite of promiscuity.
Stupid.
Gays can't love, and can't be faithful. They simply submit and devote themselves to sexual deviancy.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#13192 Jan 28, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays can't love, and can't be faithful. They simply submit and devote themselves to sexual deviancy.
See, you can't be taken seriously when you say things like that.

I'm gay, I love, and I am faithful. So there goes your little theory.

I think you may be mentally ill.
Largelanguage

Halkyn, UK

#13193 Jan 28, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
See, you can't be taken seriously when you say things like that.
I'm gay, I love, and I am faithful. So there goes your little theory.
I think you may be mentally ill.
Love? Yes, your partners body, the way he laughs, his voice, his charms and mesmerising personality? Not love, BOY, lust! Faithful? Following your sweet little boyfriend around? Always go where he goes eh?

Fort Lauderdale FL

#13194 Jan 28, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Love? Yes, your partners body, the way he laughs, his voice, his charms and mesmerising personality? Not love, BOY, lust! Faithful? Following your sweet little boyfriend around? Always go where he goes eh?
I don't have a boyfriend, I have a husband. And yes, we love each other and we are faithful.

If it was only lust, I'd guess we'd be having a lot more sex LOL.

Try again.
Largelanguage

Halkyn, UK

#13195 Jan 28, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a boyfriend, I have a husband. And yes, we love each other and we are faithful.
Try again.
A husband to show each other how your bodies belong to each other, ohhhh so sweet, made fo each other are you then eh? Lot more sex? I'm sure you find his charm addictive, still a little boyfriend to he is. You like him, still nothing more.
Largelanguage

Halkyn, UK

#13196 Jan 28, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Try again.
Oh he's such a sweet kind caring person isn't he? Oh bromance is it? Awe, love smuff lad, we don't care. I don't need you telling me this.
The Booty Bandit

York Springs, PA

#13197 Jan 28, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a boyfriend, I have a husband..
The 2 of you must spend a small fortune on adult diapers every month. Sounds like a real budget killer.
Largelanguage

Halkyn, UK

#13198 Jan 28, 2013
The Booty Bandit wrote:
<quoted text>
The 2 of you must spend a small fortune on adult diapers every month. Sounds like a real budget killer.
lol

Fort Lauderdale FL

#13199 Jan 28, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
A husband to show each other how your bodies belong to each other, ohhhh so sweet, made fo each other are you then eh? Lot more sex? I'm sure you find his charm addictive, still a little boyfriend to he is. You like him, still nothing more.
Clearly you don't understand.

First it's bizarre for you to be saying these things about anybody's relationship, gay or straight. That in itself makes everything you say questionable.

Second, your mischaracterization of my marriage would be offensive if I valued your opinion.

What's so hard to understand? No, it's not first and foremost about each others' bodies. It's everything that goes into any other relationship: love, devotion, comfort, security, bonding, etc. Sure, sex figures into it just like any healthy relationship, but it's not based on sex. If that were the most important thing, I would have stayed single and had a lot more sex with a lot of different people a lot more often.

If it was so much about sex, it wouldn't have taken so many years (about 12) to find a compatible spouse worthy of marriage.

I don't see why this concept is so difficult for you. You realize you haven't a leg to stand on when you make these sweeping untrue assertions, right?

Fort Lauderdale FL

#13200 Jan 28, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh he's such a sweet kind caring person isn't he? Oh bromance is it? Awe, love smuff lad, we don't care. I don't need you telling me this.
If you don't like it, go away.

Yes, he is absolutely a sweet, kind, caring person.

No, not a "bromance." A bromance is just a friendship. We are committed for life in marriage.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#13201 Jan 28, 2013
The Booty Bandit wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, that number would be zero.

But your rudeness is duly noted.
Largelanguage

Halkyn, UK

#13202 Jan 28, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly you don't understand.
First it's bizarre for you to be saying these things about anybody's relationship, gay or straight. That in itself makes everything you say questionable.
Second, your mischaracterization of my marriage would be offensive if I valued your opinion.
What's so hard to understand? No, it's not first and foremost about each others' bodies. It's everything that goes into any other relationship: love, devotion, comfort, security, bonding, etc. Sure, sex figures into it just like any healthy relationship, but it's not based on sex. If that were the most important thing, I would have stayed single and had a lot more sex with a lot of different people a lot more often.
If it was so much about sex, it wouldn't have taken so many years (about 12) to find a compatible spouse worthy of marriage.
I don't see why this concept is so difficult for you. You realize you haven't a leg to stand on when you make these sweeping untrue assertions, right?
Gotten to close have I? No love in it. Meaningless shallow devotion based on hype. You need comfort to heal your insecurities don't you? To help sooth the odd comments and funnu looks you receive. You can't bond with a male.
Largelanguage

Halkyn, UK

#13203 Jan 28, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't like it, go away.
Yes, he is absolutely a sweet, kind, caring person.
No, not a "bromance." A bromance is just a friendship. We are committed for life in marriage.
So when you look at him you sit back in awe and sweet strange feelings come up on you when you hear his voice and his words! And in a few small insignifiant thoughts you think, nobody could be as nice as him.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#13204 Jan 28, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotten to close have I? No love in it. Meaningless shallow devotion based on hype. You need comfort to heal your insecurities don't you? To help sooth the odd comments and funnu looks you receive. You can't bond with a male.
Too close? Hardly.(Certainly not too close to a dictionary, that's for sure.)

You're a very strange bird, presuming to know what goes on in my marriage. It's really bizarre to read. There's something wrong with you in the head.

Your unfounded assertions just make you look silly.

You really sound like one of those bitter, fat old gay men who could never get a date without paying for it, and then turned against the whole gay community, and is convinced there is no love.

I'm sorry you live in that world.

You can't even understand basic love.

Get help.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#13205 Jan 28, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
So when you look at him you sit back in awe and sweet strange feelings come up on you when you hear his voice and his words! And in a few small insignifiant thoughts you think, nobody could be as nice as him.
Are you writing a book?

Again, you're a weirdo.

No, the feelings that come up are not "strange."

And I would never say "nobody could be as nice as him" because that would be improper grammar. Nobody could be as nice as he.

So much for the Queen's English.
j-nosha lips

Halesowen, UK

#13206 Jan 28, 2013
i have some great history;)
2731d42c
Largelanguage

Halkyn, UK

#13207 Jan 28, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Too close? Hardly.(Certainly not too close to a dictionary, that's for sure.)
You're a very strange bird, presuming to know what goes on in my marriage. It's really bizarre to read. There's something wrong with you in the head.
Your unfounded assertions just make you look silly.
You really sound like one of those bitter, fat old gay men who could never get a date without paying for it, and then turned against the whole gay community, and is convinced there is no love.
I'm sorry you live in that world.
You can't even understand basic love.
Get help.
I'm not gay, and love isn't lustful. You just want to be loved, but you can't love, so self absorbed.
Largelanguage

Halkyn, UK

#13208 Jan 28, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you writing a book?
Again, you're a weirdo.
No, the feelings that come up are not "strange."
And I would never say "nobody could be as nice as him" because that would be improper grammar. Nobody could be as nice as he.
So much for the Queen's English.
How is that improper grammar?
The Booty Bandit

York Springs, PA

#13209 Jan 28, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
How is that improper grammar?
Both Grammar and spelling have long been established as irrelevant on internet message boards. Normal people know that it's just like a bunch of people sitting around bullsh*tting about whatever. He's just trying to show some superiority over you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Faith-based schools decry LGBT rights bill 2 min Discriminating1 5
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 6 min Frankie Rizzo 785
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 18 min who cares 13,115
The NE Jade Wednesday Thread 22 min Phillip 1
News Politicians, Gay Rights Groups Calls on FDA to ... 24 min Hemophiliac 2
Which QUEER is the BIGGEST BIGOT? 26 min Voting1 2
News Orlando Democrat: FDA should end ban on gay men... 57 min Gremlin 17
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr TomInElPaso 37,364
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 8 hr country 964
More from around the web