Teaching Gay History in California

Jul 9, 2011 Full story: EDGE 12,515

California lawmakers on Tuesday sent the governor a bill that would make the state the first requiring public schools to include the contributions of gays and lesbians in social studies curriculum.

Full Story

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#13120 Jan 25, 2013
Samatha wrote:
That's the same thing the pedophioles say!
>
<quoted text>
When was the last time you chatted with pedophiles?

Fort Lauderdale FL

#13121 Jan 25, 2013
Shiv Ali wrote:
Irananian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad once said that there are no homosexuals in Iran so obviously homosexuality must be a cultural disorder exclusive to the West.
Obviously he was talking smack because there certainly are gay people in Iran.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#13122 Jan 25, 2013
Shiv Ali wrote:
<quoted text>
Sinners like you will never fully comprehend why the United States will always be referred to as "The Great Satan" in the Middle East. You people are devils and deceivers and give good Americans a bad name around the world. Shame.
Shame yourself. You call us the great satan while treating your women like cattle. Piss off.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#13124 Jan 25, 2013
Johnny Wadd wrote:
<quoted text>
You sir are a prophet of the devil. Hell awaits your return.
(yawn.) Don't you have anything useful you could be doing?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#13126 Jan 25, 2013
Shiv Ali wrote:
Irananian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad once said that there are no homosexuals in Iran so obviously homosexuality must be a cultural disorder exclusive to the West.
Obviously, Ahmadinejad is a clueless moron.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#13127 Jan 26, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling someone a fool however, is clearly intended to offend, and still fails to refute the information presented. You provide nothing to support your irrational assertion.
Again literature, history, and science all demonstrate gay people are fully capable of forming loving committed relationships, just like straight people.
I apologize for calling you a fool, but what angered me was your statement that austistic people are frankly inhuman. What history? What literature? What Science?

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#13128 Jan 26, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I apologize for calling you a fool, but what angered me was your statement that austistic people are frankly inhuman. What history? What literature? What Science?
You said: "PROOF IT FOOL! I CANT LOVE SOMEONE EQUAL! "

You didn't explain.(and still haven't) I should not have guessed at what you were trying to say.

I suggested there are reasons some people find it difficult to love, but sexual orientation is not one of them. I said autism is one of those, but never said they were inhuman. I said autism is a condition that makes it difficult for people to relate to others.

I have provided several quotes demonstrating all mainstream medical and mental health organizations agree
lesbian, gay, and bisexual relationships are normal forms of human bonding. Again:

“Research over several decades has demonstrated that sexual orientation ranges along a continuum, from exclusive attraction to the other sex to exclusive attraction to the same sex. Despite the persistence of stereotypes that portray lesbian, gay, and bisexual people as disturbed, several decades of research and clinical experience have led all mainstream medical and mental health organizations in this country to conclude that these orientations represent normal forms of human experience. Lesbian, gay, and bisexual relationships are normal forms of human bonding.”(American Psychological Association)

Again, "all mainstream medical and mental health organizations" agree.

You can find same sex love stories throughout history and literature. While somewhat obscure and frequently censored or prohibited, much remains. Here is one source: http://www.glbtq.com/subject/literature_a-b.h...

There is much more, on many different sites. Not sure what you need to help you understand gay people are as fully capable of forming loving relationships as anyone else.

AOL

#13130 Jan 26, 2013
Samatha wrote:
I guess it's just a consequence<quoted text>
I guess it's just a consequence that every single organization heterosexuals have been affiliated with winds up in wide spread homosexual child molestation, all of them, ALL OF THEM! Millions and millions!

Comparing loving adult relationships to pedophilia is simply a demonizing, dehumanizing tactic used to justify legal discrimination and prejudice.

While used to justify harming gay people needlessly, this tactic also fails to consider the fact convicted pedophiles, rapists, and other violent criminals do not forfeit the fundamental right of marriage.

Ironically, the gay law enforcement men and women who risk their lives protecting us from such criminals do not enjoy the same legal rights enjoyed by convicts in prison.

AOL

#13131 Jan 26, 2013
The demonizing hate spam frequently posted above is not from the govt., but from NARTH.

NARTH is really a religious based group posing as a secular scientific organization. They promote harmful "conversion therapy" complete with electric shock and emetics. One of their top leaders was recently caught with a "rent boy" and resigned. Other past leaders of "conversion therapy" have later denounced it as abusive and harmful, often leading to self destructive behavior including suicide when the client realizes they cannot change their same sex attractions. "Conversion therapy" relies heavily on religious shame and guilt to suppress behavior.

“We, as citizens, need to articulate God’s intent for human sexuality,” Dr. Joseph Nicolosi, President of NARTH, said in CNN’ 360 Degrees with Anderson Cooper, April 14, 2007. At the Feb. 10, 2007 Love Won Out conference in Phoenix, the “secular” therapist told the audience,“When we live our God-given integrity and our human dignity, there is no space for sex with a guy.” http://www.truthwinsout.org/narth/

“For over three decades the consensus of the mental health community has been that homosexuality is not an illness and therefore not in need of a cure. The APA’s concern about the positions espoused by NARTH and so-called conversation therapy is that they are not supported by the science. There is simply no sufficiently scientifically sound evidence that sexual orientation can be changed. Our further concern is that the positions espoused by NARTH and Focus on the Family create an environment in which prejudice and discrimination can flourish.” 8-11-06 APA (from http://www.exgaywatch.com/wp/2006/08/apa-rele... )

AOL

#13135 Jan 26, 2013
Brenda Lee Johnson wrote:
... The true bastions of evil...
<quoted text>
Do you have any point here, or is this only intended to demonize and justify harming all gay people based on the behavior of a few, while not doing the same thing for heterosexuals?

And how far would you go?
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#13136 Jan 26, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
You said: "PROOF IT FOOL! I CANT LOVE SOMEONE EQUAL! "
You didn't explain.(and still haven't) I should not have guessed at what you were trying to say.
I suggested there are reasons some people find it difficult to love, but sexual orientation is not one of them. I said autism is one of those, but never said they were inhuman. I said autism is a condition that makes it difficult for people to relate to others.
I have provided several quotes demonstrating all mainstream medical and mental health organizations agree
lesbian, gay, and bisexual relationships are normal forms of human bonding. Again:
“Research over several decades has demonstrated that sexual orientation ranges along a continuum, from exclusive attraction to the other sex to exclusive attraction to the same sex. Despite the persistence of stereotypes that portray lesbian, gay, and bisexual people as disturbed, several decades of research and clinical experience have led all mainstream medical and mental health organizations in this country to conclude that these orientations represent normal forms of human experience. Lesbian, gay, and bisexual relationships are normal forms of human bonding.”(American Psychological Association)
Again, "all mainstream medical and mental health organizations" agree.
You can find same sex love stories throughout history and literature. While somewhat obscure and frequently censored or prohibited, much remains. Here is one source: http://www.glbtq.com/subject/literature_a-b.h...
There is much more, on many different sites. Not sure what you need to help you understand gay people are as fully capable of forming loving relationships as anyone else.
The opposite sex are not equal. A man is 2 + 2 = 4, and a women is 1 + 3 = 4. 2 + 2 = 4 is equal to 2 + 2 = 4, but 2 + 2 is not 1 + 3 = 4. You can't admire something equal to you, only respect it.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#13137 Jan 26, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any point here, or is this only intended to demonize and justify harming all gay people based on the behavior of a few, while not doing the same thing for heterosexuals?
And how far would you go?
NAMBLA and PIE?

AOL

#13138 Jan 26, 2013
Comparing loving adult relationships to pedophilia is simply a demonizing, dehumanizing tactic used to justify legal discrimination and prejudice.

While used to justify harming gay people needlessly, this tactic also fails to consider the fact convicted pedophiles, rapists, and other violent criminals do not forfeit the fundamental right of marriage.

Ironically, the gay law enforcement men and women who risk their lives protecting us from such criminals do not enjoy the same legal rights enjoyed by convicts in prison.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#13139 Jan 26, 2013
Brenda Lee Johnson wrote:
Dr. Ables study was commissioned by the FBI, all anyone has to do is Google him.
~~
I guess it's just a consequence that every single organization Gay's have been affiliated with winds up in wide spread homosexual child molestation, all of them, ALL OF THEM! Millions and millions! Big Brother, The Boy Scouts, thousands of cases in The Boy Scouts, youth camps,sporting programs and especially sporting programs,Sandusky, Bernie Fine are the most prominent. The Catholic Church, thousands of boys molested by homosexual pedophiles.
Then we take a look at other countries where homosexuality where laws and restrictions have been relaxed and what do we see?
Gays boycotting to have the age for anal sex with boys lower to 14 and even 13. No, Gays are not pedophiles.The one thing I think we have demonstrated is what deceptive liars Gays are, The true bastions of evil.
~~
<quoted text>
Actually, those are almost entirely all men who self-identify as straight, most with wives, etc.

So you're full of crap.

A man who is well-adjusted enough to self-identify as gay is one of the safest people to have around your children.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#13140 Jan 26, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
The opposite sex are not equal. A man is 2 + 2 = 4, and a women is 1 + 3 = 4. 2 + 2 = 4 is equal to 2 + 2 = 4, but 2 + 2 is not 1 + 3 = 4. You can't admire something equal to you, only respect it.
I guess that makes sense...if you're batsh!t crazy LOL.
Up Da Butt

Carlisle, PA

#13141 Jan 26, 2013
Is it true that most sexually-active gay men end up having to wear adult diapers by the time they turn 30? It's makes one wonder if being gay is natural or not.

AOL

#13142 Jan 26, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
NAMBLA and PIE?
No one other than anti-gay people take nambla seriously.

I've never heard of the other one. Is that one of the many heterosexual child molester groups?

We know child abuse is harmful.

AOL

#13143 Jan 26, 2013
Up Da Butt wrote:
Is it true that most sexually-active gay men end up having to wear adult diapers by the time they turn 30? It's makes one wonder if being gay is natural or not.
No, it is not true at all. I've never even heard of it, and I know plenty of gay men over 40, 50, 60, and 70.

What the hate spam quote leaves out, is that any weakening can be corrected through Kegel exercises.

And not all gay men practice that. Many prefer frottage and oral.

And remember, everything gay people do is done by even more heterosexuals.

AOL

#13144 Jan 26, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, those are almost entirely all men who self-identify as straight, most with wives, etc.
So you're full of crap.
A man who is well-adjusted enough to self-identify as gay is one of the safest people to have around your children.
Excellent points.

AOL

#13145 Jan 26, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
If that works for you, fine for you.

It does not work for millions of others. Decades of research and clinical experience have shown they are a natural minority of the population, as they have always been, across time and place.

Again, gay people can love just like anyone else.

You provide no legitimate governmental interest in harming them by refusing to treat them as you would yourself under the law.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 40 min RevKen 25,081
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Brian_G 3,437
Half of HIV-Positive Gay Men in U.S. Aren't Get... 2 hr rock white 41
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr D-U-H 50,005
Two Lesbians, one Gay man elected to Belfast Ci... 3 hr rock white 25
What Makes A Man Go Gay? 3 hr Fa-Foxy 32
Beck: Liberals Won't Condemn Islam Because of '... 3 hr Fa-Foxy 2
Board member opposes teaching definition of gay 5 hr Pattysboi 91
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 5 hr Terra Firma 985
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 5 hr Frank Rizzo 2,197