Teaching Gay History in California

Jul 9, 2011 Full story: EDGE 12,515

California lawmakers on Tuesday sent the governor a bill that would make the state the first requiring public schools to include the contributions of gays and lesbians in social studies curriculum.

Full Story

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#12996 Jan 24, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is evil, God is good. Homosexuals hate good, because they are evil, so they hate God.
Even more bigoted idiotic statements! Thought you would have learned from all the negative responses that you've gotten; and you were like what, 59? Sounds more like 79!

Uve

Location hidden

#12997 Jan 24, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
No proof exists to prove it is natural. Homosexuality is unnatural.
I have already given proof.
Forget the argument pappy, you haven't proven sh*t!

“Post-religious”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#12998 Jan 24, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality exists in nature, across time and species. It is therefore a perfectly natural variation of sexuality and sexual expression.

You have not given "proof", since science doesn't deal in proof. You have provided what you CLAIM to be evidence, but you have failed to provide a link to any scientific study that concludes that homosexuality is "unnatural" or a "biological error".

Those are the unsupported and unsubstantiated claims of anti-gay bigots, nothing more.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#12999 Jan 24, 2013
And the majority of Americans disagree with you. Too bad for you and your ignorance.
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#13000 Jan 24, 2013
We don't have religion in our schools for good reasons. Thanks for showing us why.
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is evil, God is good. Homosexuals hate good, because they are evil, so they hate God.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#13001 Jan 24, 2013
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
My original statement stands...It's also for the freedom FROM religion, NOT designating any particular religion. Keep your f(_)cking voodoo out of the schools! Unfortunately, looks like your kids are going to be even bigger morons. Dumbf(_)ck!
Most young people have this attitude: That religion is evil, perverted, kills people, takes away freedom ect. Whatevet you say, we don't care. Hope young people don't turn out like this when the're older.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#13002 Jan 24, 2013
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
Even more bigoted idiotic statements! Thought you would have learned from all the negative responses that you've gotten; and you were like what, 59? Sounds more like 79!
Right! You also seem to hate the truth! Truth and goodness has many enemies! Hot Damn!
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#13003 Jan 24, 2013
Jerald wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality exists in nature, across time and species. It is therefore a perfectly natural variation of sexuality and sexual expression.
You have not given "proof", since science doesn't deal in proof. You have provided what you CLAIM to be evidence, but you have failed to provide a link to any scientific study that concludes that homosexuality is "unnatural" or a "biological error".
Those are the unsupported and unsubstantiated claims of anti-gay bigots, nothing more.
Homosexuality as spread to the animals.
FYMO

Carol Stream, IL

#13004 Jan 24, 2013
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
My original statement stands...It's also for the freedom FROM religion, NOT designating any particular religion. Keep your f(_)cking voodoo out of the schools! Unfortunately, looks like your kids are going to be even bigger morons. Dumbf(_)ck!
What exactly is my F()cking voodoo? As for my kids being morans- my kids will know what the government can and cannot do unlike your moran kids. You see I belong to NO organized religion- you just ASSumed-the hallmark of the uneducated. I am not a religious "nut" I just happen to beleive in ALL the constitutional freedoms for EVERYONE not just you and your small minded friends.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#13005 Jan 24, 2013
FYMO wrote:
<quoted text>What exactly is my F()cking voodoo? As for my kids being morans- my kids will know what the government can and cannot do unlike your moran kids. You see I belong to NO organized religion- you just ASSumed-the hallmark of the uneducated. I am not a religious "nut" I just happen to beleive in ALL the constitutional freedoms for EVERYONE not just you and your small minded friends.
I hope see. Oh well, lets see when you have kids.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#13006 Jan 24, 2013
TomInElPaso wrote:
We don't have religion in our schools for good reasons. Thanks for showing us why.
<quoted text>
We only teach the truth. You could either come to me for healing, or die in yourself!

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#13007 Jan 24, 2013
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, irrational prejudice knows no age, and is taught before the ability for critical thinking is developed. Prejudice learned as children therefore exists on an emotional level rather than an intellectual one, making it more difficult to overcome with information and reason.

"Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic. Tryon Edwards
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#13008 Jan 24, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, irrational prejudice knows no age, and is taught before the ability for critical thinking is developed. Prejudice learned as children therefore exists on an emotional level rather than an intellectual one, making it more difficult to overcome with information and reason.
"Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic. Tryon Edwards
Except I know my prejudices, I'm not irrational, I know myself, not all emotionally led away like you, few!

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#13009 Jan 24, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality as spread to the animals.
Your absurd assertion is unsupported and unsupportable. Is it in the water? You fail to offer any information about how that might happen.

"Homosexuality is quite common in the animal kingdom, especially among herding animals."
"One fundamental premise in social debates has been that homosexuality is unnatural. This premise is wrong. Homosexuality is both common and highly essential in the lives of a number of species," explains Peter Boeckman.

"We're talking about everything from mammals to crabs and worms. The actual number is of course much higher. Among some animals homosexual behaviour is rare, some having sex with the same gender only a part of their life, while other animals, such as the dwarf chimpanzee, homosexuality is practiced throughout their lives.

"Animals that live a completely homosexual life can also be found. This occurs especially among birds that will pair with one partner for life, which is the case with geese and ducks. Four to five percent of the couples are homosexual. Single females will lay eggs in a homosexual pair's nest. It has been observed that the homosexual couple are often better at raising the young than heterosexual couples."
http://www.news-medical.net/news/2006/10/23/2...
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#13010 Jan 24, 2013
No they aren't. Explain how homosexual animals are better at raising them than straight animals. Homosexuality occured mostly in domestic and agricultural animals, meaning people owning them had a better hold of animals to homosexual if are more accessible. Animals being herded can be targetted by one animal homosexualizing person and the homosexuality can spread to the other animals being herded.

Uve

Location hidden

#13011 Jan 24, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Right! You also seem to hate the truth! Truth and goodness has many enemies! Hot Damn!
Truth!? There is nothing that you have said that's truthful! I don't hate you pappy, just that you're ignorant and brainwashed. As far as goodness...there is nothing good in what you're doing - promoting bigotry, misinformation, hate and yes, ultimately (if some one is stupid enough to believe you) violence against a group of people you know nothing about.

Uve

Location hidden

#13012 Jan 24, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, I know..it's a waste of my time to even try. Most of the bigots on here are misinformed by mommy, TV and what they 'think' Jesus wants them to do...Sad isn't it?
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#13013 Jan 24, 2013
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth!? There is nothing that you have said that's truthful! I don't hate you pappy, just that you're ignorant and brainwashed. As far as goodness...there is nothing good in what you're doing - promoting bigotry, misinformation, hate and yes, ultimately (if some one is stupid enough to believe you) violence against a group of people you know nothing about.
I don't feel bitter about gays really, until they rape innocent children! Now that makes me angry!

Uve

Location hidden

#13014 Jan 24, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
No they aren't. Explain how homosexual animals are better at raising them than straight animals. Homosexuality occured mostly in domestic and agricultural animals, meaning people owning them had a better hold of animals to homosexual if are more accessible. Animals being herded can be targetted by one animal homosexualizing person and the homosexuality can spread to the other animals being herded.
Oh My God...Please go read something...anything, Other than the King James Bible! BTW who was a closet queen.

Uve

Location hidden

#13015 Jan 24, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't feel bitter about gays really, until they rape innocent children! Now that makes me angry!
Dude...Please follow my last post to you...I can't communicate and be remotely civil anymore, it's too painful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 min Reverend Alan 5,438
Jindal defends January prayer rally at LSU campus 13 min Foster 37
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 18 min Pope Bennie s Closet 4,974
Egypt's gays go deeper underground, fearing cra... 19 min Derrick 3
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 21 min BiblicalTruths 201,160
Gay Christians choosing celibacy emerge from th... 22 min d pantz 67
Victory for plaintiff in China gay conversion case 26 min Won Hung Lo 6
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 48 min fedupwiththemess 26,669
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 1 hr Pope Bennie s Closet 2,825
More from around the web