Teaching Gay History in California

Teaching Gay History in California

There are 12515 comments on the EDGE story from Jul 9, 2011, titled Teaching Gay History in California. In it, EDGE reports that:

California lawmakers on Tuesday sent the governor a bill that would make the state the first requiring public schools to include the contributions of gays and lesbians in social studies curriculum.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

Largelanguage

Halkyn, UK

#12973 Jan 23, 2013
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Maybe you should have mommy proof read for you, unless you're changing your point of view. Homosexuality is natural, so I don't need to prove anything. Look around you thousands of species engage in it. Christian eh? talking snakes and the whole bit. Oh well whatever, don't force it on others or judge people by some weird self righteous morality and you'll make them pearly gates pappy. BTW I'm not black, so you're not insulting me with the term BOY, nor am I that young.
Such confidence! You come across a naive young man! Species engage in it because of homosexuality spreading to the animals. You may not be THAT young, but I know you are young!

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#12974 Jan 23, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Such confidence! You come across a naive young man! Species engage in it because of homosexuality spreading to the animals. You may not be THAT young, but I know you are young!
Species engage in it because of homosexuality spreading to the animals - Seriously? SERIOUSLY!? Forget it, You are too stupid to even have a conversation with.
Largelanguage

Halkyn, UK

#12975 Jan 23, 2013
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
Species engage in it because of homosexuality spreading to the animals - Seriously? SERIOUSLY!? Forget it, You are too stupid to even have a conversation with.
Absolutel? ABSOLUTELY?

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#12977 Jan 23, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Wheres your proof? An experiment has been conducted where people had to determine whether someone was straight or gay simply by judging their faces. The people in the test were right about male homosexuals, but not always so for females for some reason. The gays in question on the photographs in the test had effeminate faces, which is due to emotional repression, therefore having expressions resembling that of womens expressions, and therefore their expressions changing their faces appearance.
This fails to provide any evidence to support your claim.

Again, decades of research and clinical experience has led all mainstream medical and mental health organizations in the country to agree gay people represent normal forms of human experience. "Lesbian, gay, and bisexual relationships are normal forms of human bonding." (APA)

AOL

#12978 Jan 23, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Spreading to the animals?

Gay people have been around since cave man days. If it was something that could be spread, wouldn't every animal and person be gay by now?

I guess that could help explain your irrational fear. However, it remains irrational as well as unsupportable.
Largelanguage

Halkyn, UK

#12979 Jan 23, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
This fails to provide any evidence to support your claim.
Again, decades of research and clinical experience has led all mainstream medical and mental health organizations in the country to agree gay people represent normal forms of human experience. "Lesbian, gay, and bisexual relationships are normal forms of human bonding." (APA)
What was there evidence? TRY POSTING WITH FACTS INSTEAD OF YOUR LIES! IT IS TYPICAL FOR NAZI FASCIST CONSTITUTION HATERS LIKE YOU TO ATTACK A PROUD PATRIOT LIKE MEEEEEE!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!
FYMO

West Chicago, IL

#12980 Jan 23, 2013
Jalene in the wild wrote:
I think its great and about time as the LGBT community is apart of American history. Now I believe it is also time to start teaching about the history of religion and all the crimes against humanity religion is and has been responsible for. Then just maybe we can have children growing up knowing the difference between hate and love.
Go ahead violate children's first amendment rights- the parents can bring the worthless schools to their knees. The teachers will start having to kiss arse when the lawsuits are filed.

AOL

#12981 Jan 23, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
What was there evidence? TRY POSTING WITH FACTS INSTEAD OF YOUR LIES! IT IS TYPICAL FOR NAZI FASCIST CONSTITUTION HATERS LIKE YOU TO ATTACK A PROUD PATRIOT LIKE MEEEEEE!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!
Pejorative terminology and ad hominem attacks fail to refute the information presented. They do however, indicate you have nothing beyond irrational prejudice to support your claims.

Being gay is a natural expression of the human condition for a minority of the population, and every mainstream medical and mental health organization in the US support that finding, based on decades of research and clinical experience.

AOL

#12982 Jan 23, 2013
“Gay marriage would be a victory for the worthy ideas of tolerance and inclusion. It would likely decrease the number of those in society who tend to be viewed warily as ‘other’ and increase the number who are accepted as part of ‘us.’ In that respect, gay marriage would be a victory for, and another key expansion of, the American idea.”

This quote is from the conservative, anti-marriage equality director of the Institute for American Values David Blankenhorn, one of the few witnesses who testified in support of Prop 8.

Uve

Location hidden

#12984 Jan 23, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
So why are you broadcasting from the UK? Actually, I didn't see any lies. What I did see, was unsubstantiated idiotic statements about gay people. Have you looked in the mirror lately to see if someone might think you're effeminate? Or maybe the two male birds in the backyard are f(_)cking each other..Hum?

Uve

Location hidden

#12985 Jan 23, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
“Gay marriage would be a victory for the worthy ideas of tolerance and inclusion. It would likely decrease the number of those in society who tend to be viewed warily as ‘other’ and increase the number who are accepted as part of ‘us.’ In that respect, gay marriage would be a victory for, and another key expansion of, the American idea.”
This quote is from the conservative, anti-marriage equality director of the Institute for American Values David Blankenhorn, one of the few witnesses who testified in support of Prop 8.
Thanks for posting

Uve

Location hidden

#12986 Jan 23, 2013
FYMO wrote:
<quoted text>Go ahead violate children's first amendment rights- the parents can bring the worthless schools to their knees. The teachers will start having to kiss arse when the lawsuits are filed.
Nope, She is spot on; and you're an asstroll for not knowing. I hope you don't have children.
Largelanguage

Halkyn, UK

#12988 Jan 23, 2013
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, She is spot on; and you're an asstroll for not knowing. I hope you don't have children.
The cat in the video is very cute! How cute do you find him? And actually look at the video, don't dismiss it.

AJAHAHAHAAJAJ

AOL

#12989 Jan 23, 2013
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for posting
Here are more trial quotes, this time from the Hawaii trial. Remember, these are from witnesses who opposed marriage equality, yet even they had to admit, there is no valid reason to do so.

" Dr Eggebeen (witness against marriage equality) also conceded that "gay and lesbian couples can , and do, make excellent parents" "that they are capable of raising a healthy child", and "that children of same sex couples would be helped if their families had access to or were able to receive benefits of marriage".

Dr. Charlotte Patterson: there was "no data or research which establishes that gay fathers and lesbian mothers are less capable of being good parents than non-gay people.

Dr. David Brodzinsky: The issue is not the structural variable, biological versus nonbiological, one parent versus two parent. The issue is really the process variables, how children are cared for, is the child provided warmth, it the child provided consistency of care, is the child provided a stimulated environment, is the e child given support.... and when you take a look at structural variables, there's not all that much support that structural variable in and of themselves are all that important.

Dr. Pepper Shwartz: "the primary quality of parenting is not the parenting structure, or biology, but is the nurturing relationship between parent and child."

“Post-religious”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#12990 Jan 23, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is based on the brains reaction on how well it perceives the person able to produce good offspring. Gays can't reproduce with the same sex, so this would make same sex attraction a biological error.
This is nonsense. And it's certainly not "proof" that homosexuality is "unnatural" or a "biological error."

No reputable or peer-reviewed scientific study concludes that homosexuality is "unnatural." No major medical, scientific, psychological, psychiatric, or social science professional organization agrees that homosexuality is a "biological error."

Only anti-gay idiots like you who don't know the first thing about science make such ridiculous claims.
Largelanguage

Halkyn, UK

#12991 Jan 24, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are more trial quotes, this time from the Hawaii trial. Remember, these are from witnesses who opposed marriage equality, yet even they had to admit, there is no valid reason to do so.
" Dr Eggebeen (witness against marriage equality) also conceded that "gay and lesbian couples can , and do, make excellent parents" "that they are capable of raising a healthy child", and "that children of same sex couples would be helped if their families had access to or were able to receive benefits of marriage".
Dr. Charlotte Patterson: there was "no data or research which establishes that gay fathers and lesbian mothers are less capable of being good parents than non-gay people.
Dr. David Brodzinsky: The issue is not the structural variable, biological versus nonbiological, one parent versus two parent. The issue is really the process variables, how children are cared for, is the child provided warmth, it the child provided consistency of care, is the child provided a stimulated environment, is the e child given support.... and when you take a look at structural variables, there's not all that much support that structural variable in and of themselves are all that important.
Dr. Pepper Shwartz: "the primary quality of parenting is not the parenting structure, or biology, but is the nurturing relationship between parent and child."
Only a mother and a father can nuture a child properly idiot! You have proven you know nothing!
Largelanguage

Halkyn, UK

#12992 Jan 24, 2013
Jerald wrote:
<quoted text>
This is nonsense. And it's certainly not "proof" that homosexuality is "unnatural" or a "biological error."
No reputable or peer-reviewed scientific study concludes that homosexuality is "unnatural." No major medical, scientific, psychological, psychiatric, or social science professional organization agrees that homosexuality is a "biological error."
Only anti-gay idiots like you who don't know the first thing about science make such ridiculous claims.
No proof exists to prove it is natural. Homosexuality is unnatural.
I have already given proof.
FYMO

West Chicago, IL

#12993 Jan 24, 2013
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
When schools talk about religion they open themselves up to lawsuits- because Stupid POS asstrolls like you forget the first amendment also protects the free exercise of religion. As for kids mine will be much better then yours- AWIPE.
Largelanguage

Halkyn, UK

#12994 Jan 24, 2013
FYMO wrote:
<quoted text>When schools talk about religion they open themselves up to lawsuits- because Stupid POS asstrolls like you forget the first amendment also protects the free exercise of religion. As for kids mine will be much better then yours- AWIPE.
Homosexuality is evil, God is good. Homosexuals hate good, because they are evil, so they hate God.

Uve

Location hidden

#12995 Jan 24, 2013
FYMO wrote:
<quoted text>When schools talk about religion they open themselves up to lawsuits- because Stupid POS asstrolls like you forget the first amendment also protects the free exercise of religion. As for kids mine will be much better then yours- AWIPE.
My original statement stands...It's also for the freedom FROM religion, NOT designating any particular religion. Keep your f(_)cking voodoo out of the schools! Unfortunately, looks like your kids are going to be even bigger morons. Dumbf(_)ck!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 7 min JODECKO 38,906
News Parade kicks off Erie's pride festival 12 min cheetos 30
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 18 min Rosa_Winkel 16,142
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 19 min Theadore 153
News Indiana lawmakers to discuss ongoing LGBT right... 34 min Sneaky Pete 11
News Prostate massage: the secret to a better sex life? (Sep '15) 55 min Rdp 4
Jade Sucks Cafe 1 hr Mr Ed the Talking... 2
News Transgender Ken doll cake triggers outrage afte... 1 hr WasteWater 54
News Man charged after lubricant dispenser filled wi... 4 hr Gov Corbutt of th... 31
More from around the web