Teaching Gay History in California

Jul 9, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: EDGE

California lawmakers on Tuesday sent the governor a bill that would make the state the first requiring public schools to include the contributions of gays and lesbians in social studies curriculum.

Comments
11,981 - 12,000 of 12,516 Comments Last updated Sep 7, 2013

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#12927 Jan 18, 2013
Same sex marriage supporters use so much profanity because their arguments are driven by emotion instead of reason. That's why they hate their political opponents; they have no rational arguments to defend their position.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#12928 Jan 18, 2013
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow all these authoritative statements! So dude you think you know how it is. Well I just moved to Holland and you know what; sexuality doesn't matter, your character and keeping true to your word are much more valuable. Your Christian morality Bullshit is your own. The thing I find so amazing is how anyone like you would feel superior just because you fu(_)k a c(_)nt? Oh well, maybe you'll learn how manipulated you are. Anyway...F(_)ck you and have a wonderful Calvinist, Consumerist life. PS Hi NoQ I Did It!
LOL, that's pretty much the same way I feel about it. Who cares what they do?

“Post-religious”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#12929 Jan 18, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage supporters use so much profanity because their arguments are driven by emotion instead of reason. That's why they hate their political opponents; they have no rational arguments to defend their position.
Feel free to show any of my posts where I used profanity.

There remains no rational basis to deny civil marriage solely based on the sex of the partners. All arguments in opposition are irrational, illogical or based on ignorance, animus, fear or religious superstition or myth.

There is no rational basis for creating a "separate but equal" institution for establishing kinship between unrelated adults when a perfectly suitable one already exists: civil marriage.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#12930 Jan 18, 2013
fr the lone gunmen:

>... It Does Not Create a Family but a Naturally Sterile Union...<

Wrong. When I married my WIFE, we created a FAMILY. Get a clue, get educated, and grow UP.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#12931 Jan 18, 2013
And why is it every attorney who shows up to defend DOMA or SS marriage end up losing their cases?
You're a damned fool.
Brian_G wrote:

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#12932 Jan 18, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Aww. Get your self righteous panties in a twist? Such a lame response. Get over yourself and grow a pair. Moron, you're almost as bad Luke!

Uve

Location hidden

#12933 Jan 19, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, that's pretty much the same way I feel about it. Who cares what they do?
Well if that's true why all the hate? Why blame the 'gays' for the lack of interest in grandma's p(_)ssy? BTW - A little 'Born Blond #23' can go a long way (Samatha). Rather than being on here 24/7, wishing disease on a minority group, do some good for society, educate yourself. It's always easy to be a repressed hater, posting government disease statistics (of course you have to ignore the heterosexual ones)- right Luke?

Uve

Location hidden

#12934 Jan 19, 2013
Cool Hand Luke wrote:
But our job is to rebuild marriage as a sacred institution and to stand our ground and defend it, come what may, from what appears to be a tiny minority.
You're a joke cupcake. Go save your own marriage and explain to your wife why your on here 24/7 instead of sex. BTW - You lost the 'cause' with 'No fault divorce' long ago.

Location hidden

#12935 Jan 19, 2013
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if that's true why all the hate? Why blame the 'gays' for the lack of interest in grandma's p(_)ssy? BTW - A little 'Born Blond #23' can go a long way (Samatha). Rather than being on here 24/7, wishing disease on a minority group, do some good for society, educate yourself. It's always easy to be a repressed hater, posting government disease statistics (of course you have to ignore the heterosexual ones)- right Luke?
Most people don't "hate" gays, they just would like to not have the gay issue thrown in their face every day. It's never an issue until some gay guy starts whining about how bad the rest of us are because we don't embrace his cause. After hearing all the whining, I can understand the "hate" coming out of people. It's a lot like abortion, I would gladly supply you with the coathanger, but if you whine at me about it all day, I might feel like blowing up a clinic too.

Uve

Location hidden

#12937 Jan 19, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> Most people don't "hate" gays, they just would like to not have the gay issue thrown in their face every day. It's never an issue until some gay guy starts whining about how bad the rest of us are because we don't embrace his cause. After hearing all the whining, I can understand the "hate" coming out of people. It's a lot like abortion, I would gladly supply you with the coathanger, but if you whine at me about it all day, I might feel like blowing up a clinic too.
I can understand that somewhat, but most of the gays you might encounter are repressed, so they will be vocal. Think, if you couldn't show affection to your wife in say a: supermarket, shopping center, restaurant, movie theater, gas station, I don't know - until recently the privacy of your own home, you might think about it a little differently and I assure you, you will be vocal. Not a very good correlation to abortion though, It's really none of your f(_)cking business unless your the one carrying it to term. Yea, one other thing...Too violent: you (among others) obviously, are not capable of gun ownership.
Horatio Caine

Miami, FL

#12939 Jan 21, 2013
I think your right it's not about same sex marriage it's about attacking Christian values.
Cool Hand Luke wrote:
So you Say!
I've got to say I really enjoyed the way Maryland,Washington and Maine wrote their laws, actually every where same sex marriage has been approved the laws read pretty much the same.
Here is the exact law in Maryland:
2012 Presidential General Election Question Text
Last Updated 11/07/2012 03:06:01 PM
Return to Election Result Index
NR: not reported
Return to State Ballot Question(s)
Civil Marriage Protection Act (Ch. 2 of the 2012 Legislative Session)
Referendum Petition
Question 06
Establishes that Maryland's civil marriage laws allow gay and lesbian couples to obtain a civil marriage license, provided they are not otherwise prohibited from marrying; protects clergy from having to perform any particular marriage ceremony in violation of their religious beliefs; affirms that each religious faith has exclusive control over its own theological doctrine regarding who may marry within that faith; and provides that religious organizations and certain related entities are not required to provide goods, services, or benefits to an individual related to the celebration or promotion of marriage in violation of their religious beliefs.
For the Referred Law
Against the Referred Law
Why is that important? Because it destroys the true purpose Of same sex marriage.Now the issue is dead in the water, in those states anyway.
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#12940 Jan 21, 2013
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand that somewhat, but most of the gays you might encounter are repressed, so they will be vocal. Think, if you couldn't show affection to your wife in say a: supermarket, shopping center, restaurant, movie theater, gas station, I don't know - until recently the privacy of your own home, you might think about it a little differently and I assure you, you will be vocal. Not a very good correlation to abortion though, It's really none of your f(_)cking business unless your the one carrying it to term. Yea, one other thing...Too violent: you (among others) obviously, are not capable of gun ownership.
I guess that makes me a homophobe because if I see two guys kissing in public I'm gonna try to vomit on them. Women, I'll just masturbate to.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#12942 Jan 21, 2013
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a joke cupcake. Go save your own marriage and explain to your wife why your on here 24/7 instead of sex. BTW - You lost the 'cause' with 'No fault divorce' long ago.
You'll understand when you're older. Oh well.
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

#12944 Jan 21, 2013
If you can keep from getting distracted she knows exactly what she is talking about.

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Emotional repression comes from either shame, guilt, or fear of how others think of you. It is more about yourself, who you are. Simply not showing affection doesn't cause emotional repression. A person can easily control themselves and not display affection all the time. Emotional repression is more about blocking emotions, and destroying the healthy flow, rather than the output of the emotions and expressions. This shows gays are emotionally and mentally demented and damaged goods, proving homosexuality is merely unhealthy.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#12945 Jan 21, 2013
A pretty package doesn't change the fact this is religious based belief trying to present itself as science.

Every mainstream medical and mental health organization in the US agrees: Being gay is not a disorder.

She neglects to mention that before 1952, at the height of the McCarthy gay witch hunts, being gay was not considered a disorder, and even Freud recognized that it was a natural variation of human sexuality. He also realized anti-gay prejudice causes harm. It was added based on religious beliefs and removed 20 years later based on science. During those 20 years, gay people were imprisoned and tortured with castration, electric shock, emetics, and lobotomies, all in an attempt to "cure" them. It did not work.

The idea the Islamic countries still consider it a disorder should tell you it is religious belief rather than science, being used to stigmatize a minority of the population in order to deny treating them equal under the law. To justify harming others, it is necessary to dehumanize them first.

And that is the point of this religious based propaganda. Dehumanize them so we can continue to punish and harm them.

AOL

#12946 Jan 21, 2013
Information showing promiscuous, unprotected sex results in high risk for disease transmission demonstrates the importance of encouraging committed relationships through the institution of marriage.

It also demonstrates the importance of reality based sex education including risk reduction and safe sex practices including monogamy.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#12947 Jan 22, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
A pretty package doesn't change the fact this is religious based belief trying to present itself as science.
Every mainstream medical and mental health organization in the US agrees: Being gay is not a disorder.
She neglects to mention that before 1952, at the height of the McCarthy gay witch hunts, being gay was not considered a disorder, and even Freud recognized that it was a natural variation of human sexuality. He also realized anti-gay prejudice causes harm. It was added based on religious beliefs and removed 20 years later based on science. During those 20 years, gay people were imprisoned and tortured with castration, electric shock, emetics, and lobotomies, all in an attempt to "cure" them. It did not work.
The idea the Islamic countries still consider it a disorder should tell you it is religious belief rather than science, being used to stigmatize a minority of the population in order to deny treating them equal under the law. To justify harming others, it is necessary to dehumanize them first.
And that is the point of this religious based propaganda. Dehumanize them so we can continue to punish and harm them.
I have proof that homosexuality is unnatural!

AOL

#12948 Jan 22, 2013
“Research over several decades has demonstrated that sexual orientation ranges along a continuum, from exclusive attraction to the other sex to exclusive attraction to the same sex. Despite the persistence of stereotypes that portray lesbian, gay, and bisexual people as disturbed, several decades of research and clinical experience have led all mainstream medical and mental health organizations in this country to conclude that these orientations represent normal forms of human experience. Lesbian, gay, and bisexual relationships are normal forms of human bonding.”(American Psychological Association)

Location hidden

#12949 Jan 22, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I have proof that homosexuality is unnatural!
I have proof that no-one cares.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#12951 Jan 22, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
“Research over several decades has demonstrated that sexual orientation ranges along a continuum, from exclusive attraction to the other sex to exclusive attraction to the same sex. Despite the persistence of stereotypes that portray lesbian, gay, and bisexual people as disturbed, several decades of research and clinical experience have led all mainstream medical and mental health organizations in this country to conclude that these orientations represent normal forms of human experience. Lesbian, gay, and bisexual relationships are normal forms of human bonding.”(American Psychological Association)
Wheres your proof? An experiment has been conducted where people had to determine whether someone was straight or gay simply by judging their faces. The people in the test were right about male homosexuals, but not always so for females for some reason. The gays in question on the photographs in the test had effeminate faces, which is due to emotional repression, therefore having expressions resembling that of womens expressions, and therefore their expressions changing their faces appearance.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 min Mahz Likes Taste ... 49,526
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 6 min Just Think 54,924
California Takes a Stand Against Gay and Trans ... 22 min JohnInToronto 47
Biggest Gay Lies 26 min Frankie Rizzo 1,694
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 31 min Cali Girl 2014dal 67,963
7 Surprising Ways Your Company Can Still Discri... 49 min Tea Bag Residue C... 6
Once more on fascism knocking on the Balkan doo... (Aug '09) 59 min Dalmatino 1,056
Gay Marriage Vs. the First Amendment 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 410
Supreme Court: Was gay marriage settled in 1972... 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 544
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••