Teaching Gay History in California

Jul 9, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: EDGE

California lawmakers on Tuesday sent the governor a bill that would make the state the first requiring public schools to include the contributions of gays and lesbians in social studies curriculum.

Comments
11,821 - 11,840 of 12,516 Comments Last updated Sep 7, 2013
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

#12714 Oct 24, 2012
Don't even try that homosexual up is down, down is up bull!

Facts are the Facts! Hey you have the Obamanites on your side!

Samatha Wrote:

Don't forget they love that smell! All of the Obamanites love the scent of bull-s...!
The DOMA act was overturned because the Obama administration refused to defend the law. This is the new strategy to force the Gay anti -Christian agenda down the throats of the American people, just don't defend the law!
This way the Obama administration can blame it on the courts and escape the wrath of the voters.
Hopefully by the time it reaches the U.S. Supreme Court we will have an administration that will defend the law.
In the meantime Gays are raving how the courts have condoned homosexuality as normal!
1st Janitor wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, yes. We can rationalize and justify our prejudices with examples of someone who has done something sinister or traitorous. This of course can not be done with heterosexuals. If one gathers the stupidity of the above comment they are superior to the person who made the flippant remark offered as an explanation for that persons personal feelings towards homosexuals.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#12715 Oct 24, 2012
If I was taught about homo's in school I wouldn't be able to concentrate on the subject matter. I'd be thinking about a poop-streaked taliwhacker and a bleeding butt-hole, and AIDS. Gross me right into an F.
stopgayabuse

Portland, OR

#12716 Oct 24, 2012
This is a great idea. It helps bring awareness and shows everyone is really the same underneath. I found this great website that is trying to change the perception around LGB called stopgayabuse.com If you have a moment, you should check it out

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#12718 Oct 25, 2012
The gender gap's closed.

Since: Sep 10

Acton, CA

#12719 Oct 29, 2012
Cool Hand Luke wrote:
Samatha Wrote:
Don't forget they love that smell! All of the Obamanites love the scent of bull-s...!
The DOMA act was overturned because the Obama administration refused to defend the law. This is the new strategy to force the Gay anti -Christian agenda down the throats of the American people, just don't defend the law!
This way the Obama administration can blame it on the courts and escape the wrath of the voters.
Hopefully by the time it reaches the U.S. Supreme Court we will have an administration that will defend the law.
In the meantime Gays are raving how the courts have condoned homosexuality as normal!
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is normal to homosexuals, just as heterosexuality is to heterosexuals. I don't see any point in making a response to the rest of your ravings. Anyone so hung up on the "hate Obama" bit isn't thinking, and you're the living proof.

Since: Nov 11

Fukushima

#12720 Oct 29, 2012
Kesla15 wrote:
I think that's a great idea. I never got taught about homosexuality in my school, and I believe students should be taught about it, at least when studying subjects such as history or civil rights, teachers need to at least brush on the subject.
I agree.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#12721 Oct 29, 2012
They no longer teach history as truth, now the important part is how it relates to your minority subgroup. Gerrymandering the population by sexual proclivity might be a bad idea.

Down with Judge Walker and activist courts overturning democratic law.

Since: Nov 11

Fukushima

#12722 Oct 29, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
They no longer teach history as truth, now the important part is how it relates to your minority subgroup. Gerrymandering the population by sexual proclivity might be a bad idea.
LMAO! California is known for its tolerance. Its part of its wealth.
Brenda Lee Johnson

Los Angeles, CA

#12723 Jan 5, 2013
CDC: Homosexual men account for 63% of new HIV infections but only 2% of population

Thu Aug 23, 2012 19:22 EST
Comments (33)

WASHINGTON, D.C., August 23, 2012 - The U.S. Centers for Disease Control has estimated that practicing homosexual men account for 61% of the new HIV infections in the United States while they only amount to about 2% of the country’s population.

Earlier this month, the CDC released estimates for HIV infections from 2006-2009 showing that new infections remained stable at around 50,000 for each of the four years.

Homosexual men (men who have sex with men) accounted for 29,300 of the estimated 48,100 new infections in 2009, and homosexual men aged 13 to 29 accounted for 27% of the new cases.

The only group in which new HIV infections is increasing, they say, is young homosexual men – driven by an alarming increase in infections from African Americans. They estimated that the new infections among young black homosexual men increased 48 percent in the period of 2006-2009 (from 4,400 HIV infections in 2006 to 6,500 infections in 2009).

The study also revealed that almost 20% of homosexual men have HIV, while nearly half of those who do are unaware of it.

www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/docs/FastFacts-M...

California Homosexual Organization Admits HIV/AIDS is “Gay Disease”

>

LOS ANGELES, California, The Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center has abandoned a long-held homosexual activist contention by declaring on billboards posted throughout Southern California that HIV/AIDS is a “gay disease.”

According to a report by the Los Angeles Times, the Center is trying to address rapidly increasing HIV infection rates among the homosexual population by rallying the gay community to increasing vigilance against exposure to the disease. Activists for the homosexual lifestyle have, until this current development, strongly, and sometimes vehemently refused to admit that the disease is predominantly generated among homosexual men.

The ad campaign, which is also running in magazines, is in part a response to the findings of public health officials, who have noted that three out of four cases of HIV infections are found in men who engage in homosexual activity, the United Press International reported.

US health officials reported an alarming eight percent increase in HIV infection rates in one year alone among homosexual and bisexual men. The Center for Disease Control also warned that a survey of 15-29 year old men who engaged in homosexual activity “reported that the proportion of unrecognized HIV infection was as high as 77 %.”

A report by the Public Health Agency, revealed a sharp increase in HIV/AIDS infections, with 61 percent of infections found in men engaging in homosexual activity.

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#12725 Jan 6, 2013
Brenda Lee Johnson wrote:
CDC: Homosexual men account for 63% of new HIV infections but only 2% of population
Go to a gynecologist if your so worried about it. And stop leaving snail tracks all over the threads!

Uve

Location hidden

#12726 Jan 6, 2013
Cool Hand Luke wrote:
Samatha Wrote:
<quoted text>
You have only your religious repression of others to blame for all the ills of society. Don't you have to go confess your hateful lust? Bigoted POS
Brenda Lee Johnson

Los Angeles, CA

#12727 Jan 6, 2013
UPDATED DATA..........

``
GAY MEN RESPONSIBLE FOR 79% OF NEW AIDS INFECTIONS

Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM)1 represent approximately 2% of the US population, yet are the population most severely affected by HIV. In 2009, MSM accounted for 61% of all new HIV infections, and MSM with a history of injection drug use (MSM-IDU) accounted for an additional 3% of new infections. That same year, young MSM accounted for 69% of new HIV infections among persons aged 13–29 and 44% of infections among all MSM. At the end of 2009, an estimated 441,669 (56%) persons living with an HIV diagnosis in the US were MSM or MSM-IDU.
The Numbers
New HIV Infections2

In 2009, MSM accounted for 61% of new HIV infections in the US and 79% of infections among all newly infected men. Compared with other groups, MSM accounted for the largest numbers of new HIV infections in 2009.
Among all MSM, white MSM accounted for 11,400 (39%) new HIV infections in 2009. The largest number of new infections (3,400) occurred in those aged 40–49.
Among all MSM, black/African American MSM accounted for 10,800 (37%) new HIV infections in 2009. Whereas new HIV infections were relatively stable among MSM overall from 2006–2009, they increased 34% among young MSM—an increase largely due to a 48% increase among young black/African American MSM aged 13–29.
Among all MSM, Hispanic/Latino MSM accounted for 6,000 (20%) new HIV infections in 2009. The largest percentage of new infections (45%) occurred in those aged 13–29.

Estimates of New HIV Infections in the US, 2009, for the Most-Affected Subpopulations
Shown here is a vertical bar chart entitled,“Estimates of New HIV Infections in the United States, 2009, for the Most-Affected Subpopulations”. White MSM = 11,400 Black MSM = 10, 800 Women = 6,000 Latino MSM = 5,400 Black Heterosexual Men =2,400 White Heterosexual Women = 1,700 Black Male IDUs = 1,700 Latina Heterosexual Women = 1,200 Black Female IDUs =940 Subpopulations representing 2% or less of the overall US epidemic are not reflected in this chart.

Subpopulations representing 2% or less of the overall US epidemic are not reflected in this chart.
HIV and AIDS Diagnoses3 and Deaths

In 2010, in the 46 states with long-term confidential, name-based reporting, MSM accounted for 78% of estimated HIV diagnoses among all males aged 13 years and older, and 61% of estimated diagnoses among all persons receiving an HIV diagnosis that year.
At the end of 2009, of the estimated 784,701 persons living with an HIV diagnosis, 396,810, or 51%, were MSM. About 48% of MSM living with an HIV diagnosis were white, 30% were black/African American, and 19% were Hispanic/Latino.
In 2010, MSM accounted for 51% of estimated AIDS diagnoses among all adults and adolescents in the 50 states and the District of Columbia. Of the estimated 16,796 AIDS diagnoses among MSM, 37% were in blacks/African Americans; 36% in whites; and 22% in Hispanics/Latinos.
By the end of 2009, an estimated 296,222 MSM with an AIDS diagnosis had died in the US since the beginning of the epidemic.

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/msm/index.htm
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to a gynecologist if your so worried about it. And stop leaving snail tracks all over the threads!

Uve

Location hidden

#12728 Jan 6, 2013
UPDATED DATA..........
``

<quoted text>
Then don't f*ck a gay man and stop eating monkey meat. BTW you're still leaving snail marks.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#12729 Jan 6, 2013
UPDATED DATA..........
``
GAY MEN RESPONSIBLE FOR 79% OF NEW AIDS INFECTIONS
Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men .....
So, you support teaching all young folks about safer sex practices, and you support the option of legal marriage for gay men, if they choose it?

I bet you don't ...

I will never understand the point of posting thees sorts of things, unless you are trying to offer up some intelligent discourse or alternative. A gay people can't stop being gay. Being gay doesn't cause STDs.

If you want people to behave in a sensible and safe way as adults, start teaching it YOUNG. Before young folks start thinking they are invincible.

If you do that, there will be fewer young straight men fathering unwanted children, and fewer STDS among the entire population.

But that's not really your goal, is it?

The entire US of A

#12730 Jan 6, 2013
CDC: Homosexual men account for 63%......
Post the stats for gay women, please. Or, is is only gay men that flit through your fantasies?

I mean, if being gay itself is the cause for HIV, wouldn't that be the same regardless of gender?

The entire US of A

#12731 Jan 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Your definition of "activist" is anyone who doesn't agree with your point of view.
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

#12732 Jan 6, 2013
The medial facts just don't agree with you do they?
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you support teaching all young folks about safer sex practices, and you support the option of legal marriage for gay men, if they choose it?
I bet you don't ...
I will never understand the point of posting thees sorts of things, unless you are trying to offer up some intelligent discourse or alternative. A gay people can't stop being gay. Being gay doesn't cause STDs.
If you want people to behave in a sensible and safe way as adults, start teaching it YOUNG. Before young folks start thinking they are invincible.
If you do that, there will be fewer young straight men fathering unwanted children, and fewer STDS among the entire population.
But that's not really your goal, is it?
Sheik Yerbouti

Pennington, NJ

#12733 Jan 6, 2013
Given the fact that most high school graduates are semi literate at best it would be better if schools focus on academics and not fluff like 'gay history.'

Uve

Location hidden

#12734 Jan 6, 2013
Cool Hand Luke wrote:
The medial facts just don't agree with you do they?
<quoted text>
Actually they do, just not when you take excerpts out of them. POS
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

#12735 Jan 6, 2013
Give us a link that supports your statement, THERE ISN'T ONE!
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually they do, just not when you take excerpts out of them. POS

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Supreme Court: Was gay marriage settled in 1972... 3 min TomInElPaso 686
Once more on fascism knocking on the Balkan doo... (Aug '09) 5 min Jooosh04 1,158
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 8 min Pietro Armando 55,109
Biggest Gay Lies 10 min Henroy 1,769
What lesbian couple wants doesn't trump religio... 12 min Henroy 2
California Takes a Stand Against Gay and Trans ... 12 min Tre H 134
Video: We deserve respect - " Gay men in Ghana 13 min Henroy 3
Gay Marriage and the Limits of Tradition 15 min TomInElPaso 119
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••