Gay Bar Goofed When it Barred Man in ...

Gay Bar Goofed When it Barred Man in Drag, Colorado Says

There are 104 comments on the KRON 4 story from Aug 4, 2014, titled Gay Bar Goofed When it Barred Man in Drag, Colorado Says. In it, KRON 4 reports that:

A popular Denver gay bar discriminated against a man when a bouncer denied him entry last year because he was dressed in drag, Colorado regulators said in a decision that could become more common as anti-discrimination laws increasingly include gender identity.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KRON 4.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#50 Aug 6, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Since even Teamsters were afraid of these women, we just respected their wishes and never entered their bars.
Nope. That's discrimination. I should expect a lawsuit already in the works from you and your ilk.

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

#51 Aug 6, 2014
Tell me when you plan to organize and march on their property, boycotting their establishment. I'll watch the news.
Ex Senator Stillborn

Philadelphia, PA

#52 Aug 6, 2014
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>A STR8 guy goes into a lesbian bar prob. gets laughed at and maybe get his butt kicked. LOL
That's the thing of this story, a conundrum: Then the bar can easily get sued.
Ex Senator Stillborn

Philadelphia, PA

#53 Aug 6, 2014
Sneaky Pete wrote:
Tell me when you plan to organize and march on their property, boycotting their establishment. I'll watch the news.
Oh, you get your Comcast in your closet?
Jumper The wise

Morgantown, KY

#55 Aug 6, 2014
Ex Senator Stillborn wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you custards really make me doubt if the human race is worth saving.The only thing I hate worse than you fools are those ignorant Jews!
Hey now.
That's uncalled for.
lgbt is silly

Knoxville, TN

#56 Aug 6, 2014
lgbt is silly wrote:
This proves that homosexuals are HATERS!
Told you so!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#57 Aug 6, 2014
lgbt is silly wrote:
Sort of like how Ted Bundy proved all men are serial killers and rapists?

Or how Westboro Baptists prove that all people who believe in God are vile vindictive self righteous frauds?

Or how Tiger Woods is proof that all black men cheat?

Or how internet trolls who are anti-gay always manage to write really stupid posts that make them look ridiculous?

Proof like that?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#58 Aug 6, 2014
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
She needs to file a lawsuit against the bar.
agreed.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#59 Aug 7, 2014
It's one thing to criticize the content of a post, and quite another to criticize one's choice of correspondents.
<quoted text>
Well that's precisely correct - I get to post my opinion.
What is strange is idiotically replying to the racist pedo _and then_ posting a complaint afterwards when you get the predictable load of sht from it as a result.
Maybe you consider that dynamic sensible.
By the way, based on your post, I expect you never to complain about a homophobe posting rubbish again. They're adult, too, sometimes. They can just whine they don't need you as hall monitor.
Except a certain level of idiocy should be called out, be it homophobic or be it setting up the racist pedo to take another dump.
It's all so _very_ complicated.

Indianapolis

#60 Aug 7, 2014
Point out whatever you want; I'll reply to anyone on here I choose, in the manner I choose. Your arrogance is pathetic.
<quoted text>
The above is not "uninterested." It is a complaint. A complaint brought about by nothing other than your own unwise reply to the racist pedo.
"Uninterested" is when you leave the BS that the racist pedo posts in the first place just sitting there without reply, or certainly without a serious reply.
Most persons by this time could have detected a pattern of what happens when they engage with the racist pedo.
It is offensive when anyone corresponds with him as though he is fully human, the same way any such communication with the homophobes here is offensive, imo.
So I'll be happy to point that out.

Indianapolis

#61 Aug 7, 2014
Won't work. Lesbian bars can operate under the same aegis of protection that women's-only gyms, etc, can, because of the very real history of harassment from straight men. Also, they can becomes clubs with the right to pick and choose their membership.
Sneaky Pete wrote:

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

#62 Aug 7, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
And if you're so str8, why aren't you out bangin broads instead of posting thing in a gay and lesbian forum ?
Even a stud like myself needs time to recoup.

And I'm posting in the "Colorado" forum. If Colorado topics get picked up by the homosexual forums, so be it.

“Equality First”

Location hidden

#63 Aug 7, 2014
<quoted text>
The above is not "uninterested." It is a complaint. A complaint brought about by nothing other than your own unwise reply to the racist pedo.
"Uninterested" is when you leave the BS that the racist pedo posts in the first place just sitting there without reply, or certainly without a serious reply.
Most persons by this time could have detected a pattern of what happens when they engage with the racist pedo.
It is offensive when anyone corresponds with him as though he is fully human, the same way any such communication with the homophobes here is offensive, imo.
So I'll be happy to point that out.
Whatever. And then there is boring, which you are now becoming.
Latter Day Taints

Philadelphia, PA

#64 Aug 7, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Point out whatever you want; I'll reply to anyone on here I choose
<quoted text>
No doubt there will be people who actually try to engage in conversation with the racist pedo.

That's deranged enough, but then complaining when you (R.) get a pile of horsesht from the racist pedo in response is definitely worth noting.

After all this time: What else would you expect from it?
Latter Day Taints

Philadelphia, PA

#65 Aug 7, 2014
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever. And then there is boring, which you are now becoming.
I was pointing out your claim about being uninterested didn't make any sense.

You know, like replying to that unending problem and then being "surprised" that you get something you don't like from him as a result doesn't make any sense.

Maybe cause and effect is troublesome for you?

“Equality First”

Location hidden

#66 Aug 7, 2014
Latter Day Taints wrote:
<quoted text>
I was pointing out your claim about being uninterested didn't make any sense.
You know, like replying to that unending problem and then being "surprised" that you get something you don't like from him as a result doesn't make any sense.
Maybe cause and effect is troublesome for you?
I haven't gotten anything unwelcome from him in regards to my response to his post. Now YOU on the other hand..........

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#67 Aug 7, 2014
lgbt is silly wrote:
False.

And absolutely idiotic.

The behavior of one person doesn't prove anything about all people who happen to share the same sexual orientation. I can come up with millions of examples of heterosexuals hating, but would never try to make the idiotic claim that all heterosexuals are haters.

No one ever claimed that gays are perfect and don't flaws just like everyone else. And clearly the owners of this gay bar engage in their own form of bigotry, but they certainly don't represent all, or even most gay people. To suggest so is ignorant, childish, idiotic, and false.
Latter Day Taints

Philadelphia, PA

#68 Aug 7, 2014
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't gotten anything unwelcome from him in regards to my response to his post. Now YOU on the other hand..........
You said his very reply to you was unwelcome. That was the simple point - you behaved unwisely in a way to bring an unwelcome response from him onto the board.

Most people would think, "Oh my gosh, that's right! I made the mistake of replying seriously to him and look what doing so got me - a pile of BS from him."

In fact, I believe we have had this conversation previously at which time you said you would take note....

Indianapolis

#69 Aug 7, 2014
There was a time when all gay men were considered pedophiles, and were unworthy of being spoken to by the likes of you. I won't be like you.

Now go and practice pursing your lips and tsk-tsk'ing for something else thgat offends your delicate sensibilities.
Latter Day Taints wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt there will be people who actually try to engage in conversation with the racist pedo.
That's deranged enough, but then complaining when you (R.) get a pile of horsesht from the racist pedo in response is definitely worth noting.
After all this time: What else would you expect from it?

“Equality First”

Location hidden

#70 Aug 8, 2014
Latter Day Taints wrote:
<quoted text>
You said his very reply to you was unwelcome. That was the simple point - you behaved unwisely in a way to bring an unwelcome response from him onto the board.
Most people would think, "Oh my gosh, that's right! I made the mistake of replying seriously to him and look what doing so got me - a pile of BS from him."
In fact, I believe we have had this conversation previously at which time you said you would take note....
You should take your lead from Fa-Foxy. He stopped posting to me after I told him I wasn't interested in part of his post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Beloved gay Israeli pop star dies in freak drow... 4 min aintitthetruth 2
News Study: 12,000 acts of condomless gay sex, 0 HIV... 21 min Tyler 10
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 32 min facts only 52,181
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 37 min God 7,009
News Canning is 1st Republican to announce run for 1... 2 hr Cops are Degenerates 1
News Charlize Theron admits to taking 'a dip in the ... 3 hr Wondering 18
News This Gay Man Wants to End Texas' War Against LG... 5 hr Tre H 27
News Blood donation rules relaxed for gay men and se... 12 hr Howser 30
News Gay couple grilled by judge about their sex liv... 21 hr TomInElPaso 108
News 12-year-old girl comes out to her Mormon congre... Mon Tre H 502
More from around the web