What the Gay Marriage News Means for You

There are 20 comments on the International Herald Tribune story from Feb 23, 2011, titled What the Gay Marriage News Means for You. In it, International Herald Tribune reports that:

On Wednesday, President Obama directed the Justice Department to stop defending the law that bans federal recognition of same-sex marriages.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at International Herald Tribune.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#4896 Mar 19, 2013
ManOfManyWords wrote:
<quoted text>
The book Of Genesis speaks all about it, in fact the whole bible speaks about the punishment, plus it was written way back in bc, The STD has been around for a very long, long time so yeah again your theory just went out the window!
So then, let's look at the two flaws in your theory.

If AIDS was a punishment for being gay, why didn't it impact the lesbian community? Is your god cool with the lesbians?

AIDS killed probably hundreds of thousands of gay men, but has killed several million heterosexuals - did your god change his mind about who he was trying to kill or did he just, you know, miss?

Location hidden

#4897 Mar 19, 2013
ManOfManyWords wrote:
<quoted text>
Well of course they know that they will be judged if they come right out with the truth, so they come off with this lie about it being a sickness or disorder!! ABOMINATION
So its a conspiracy pulled off by hundreds of millions of homosexuals who don't know each other over the course of several millenia just to keep heterosexuals in the dark?

Hmmm.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#4898 Mar 19, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Um...that's nice, but you didn't answer the question.
Let's try again:
Do you think that millions upon millions of homosexuals throughout recorded history actually chose to be homosexual but have been keeping this "gay choice" thing a secret from everyone else?
If you base your thinking on true logic and common knowledge then you would know that homosexuality is a sexual preference that one makes and not is born with.
We all have sexual productive organs,both male and female,that is for reproduction of generations,like our selves,to come.
Children our from the building blocks from our DNA,anything that disrupts or alters that cycle is not natural nor was it ever meant to be.
We choose our mates,we have our own preferences of what we want our mate to be,we join together with our mate of chosen and later on in some point in time we replicate ourselves through the process of sexuality between man and woman of which is called children.
That is the natural true function of the purpose of having sexual organs.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#4899 Mar 19, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
So its a conspiracy pulled off by hundreds of millions of homosexuals who don't know each other over the course of several millenia just to keep heterosexuals in the dark?
Hmmm.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
fact remains moron you all have been judged! my job with this topic is complete so don't reply back to me, you will be just wasting your time, i will not reply back, i am done with this conversation!

Location hidden

#4900 Mar 19, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
If you base your thinking on true logic and common knowledge then you would know that homosexuality is a sexual preference that one makes and not is born with.
We all have sexual productive organs,both male and female,that is for reproduction of generations,like our selves,to come.
Children our from the building blocks from our DNA,anything that disrupts or alters that cycle is not natural nor was it ever meant to be.
We choose our mates,we have our own preferences of what we want our mate to be,we join together with our mate of chosen and later on in some point in time we replicate ourselves through the process of sexuality between man and woman of which is called children.
That is the natural true function of the purpose of having sexual organs.
You're still not answering the question - I wonder why that is?

For the third time:

Do you think that millions upon millions of homosexuals throughout recorded history actually chose to be homosexual but have been keeping this "gay choice" thing a secret from everyone else?

Location hidden

#4901 Mar 19, 2013
ManOfManyWords wrote:
<quoted text>
fact remains moron you all have been judged! my job with this topic is complete so don't reply back to me, you will be just wasting your time, i will not reply back, i am done with this conversation!
I do so love it when you fundietards admit defeat...

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4902 Mar 19, 2013
ManOfManyWords wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Boo hoo, Little Bigot did a hit and run...boring. Jebus must be very proud of you. NOT

Location hidden

#4910 Mar 19, 2013
Sparklestrips4u wrote:
<quoted text>Here since you can't do it... let me share the real data that proves your a fool
The numbers donít add up!
The National Health and Social Life Survey (NHSLS) 1.51% of the population of the US identify as GLBT, whereas other studies put this figure as high as 8%(Fay et al, 1989). However, statistics for people abused in childhood are significantly higher that this, with reliable estimates given for child sexual abuse to be 16% for males and 27% for females in the USA (NRCCSA, 1994).
Therefore, if there is a causal link between childhood sexual abuse and identifying as GLBT later in life, then why arenít the figures for the number of GLBT people in the population reflected by the abuse statistics? There are significantly more cases of sexual abuse than there are people that identify as GLBT (Macmillan, 1997), and furthermore, the vast majority of persons sexually abused as children are heterosexual (Keith, 1991).
In addition to this, virtually all statistics agree that females are more likely to be sexually abused in childhood than males are - and yet, and yet there are proportionally more men that identify as being gay than there are women who identify as lesbian (Hite, 1991; Janus, 1993, Jefferson, 2001).
No,I'm not a fool and the statistics of what you are going along with are only half-truths mixed with a measurable amount of fiction.
You're simply spinning this issue to suit you.
You advocate things from only one side that consists of falsehood,half-truths and political correctness.
You and others like you are much too sensitive about this issue to be advocating it fairly and fully truthfully.
All someone has to do is come up with a favorable opinion on this issue that suits you accompanied by a bogus report and you blindly run with it believing that it is some kind of affective weapon or ammo against those who don't see it your way.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#4911 Mar 19, 2013
Sparklestrips4u wrote:
<quoted text>Here since you can't do it... let me share the real data that proves your a fool
The numbers donít add up!
The National Health and Social Life Survey (NHSLS) 1.51% of the population of the US identify as GLBT, whereas other studies put this figure as high as 8%(Fay et al, 1989). However, statistics for people abused in childhood are significantly higher that this, with reliable estimates given for child sexual abuse to be 16% for males and 27% for females in the USA (NRCCSA, 1994).
Therefore, if there is a causal link between childhood sexual abuse and identifying as GLBT later in life, then why arenít the figures for the number of GLBT people in the population reflected by the abuse statistics? There are significantly more cases of sexual abuse than there are people that identify as GLBT (Macmillan, 1997), and furthermore, the vast majority of persons sexually abused as children are heterosexual (Keith, 1991).
In addition to this, virtually all statistics agree that females are more likely to be sexually abused in childhood than males are - and yet, and yet there are proportionally more men that identify as being gay than there are women who identify as lesbian (Hite, 1991; Janus, 1993, Jefferson, 2001).
You talk too much and say too little.

Surveys are always rife with inconsistencies because people do lie on interviews for any number of reasons.

You keep trying to link "sexual abuse" to LGBT lifestyle BS but not once do you mention the definition of "sexual abuse". Was any "sexual abuse" gay in nature or only heterosexual?

What in the hell are you talking about?

You enjoy using your mouth, apparently, for no reason beyond self-aggrandizement and as a party favor.

Lapeer, MI

#4912 Mar 19, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
No,I'm not a fool and the statistics of what you are going along with are only half-truths mixed with a measurable amount of fiction.
You're simply spinning this issue to suit you.
You advocate things from only one side that consists of falsehood,half-truths and political correctness.
You and others like you are much too sensitive about this issue to be advocating it fairly and fully truthfully.
All someone has to do is come up with a favorable opinion on this issue that suits you accompanied by a bogus report and you blindly run with it believing that it is some kind of affective weapon or ammo against those who don't see it your way.
Agreed. When it comes to Social Sciences, no greater misnomer can be found today. The 'Science' part doesn't belong there at all. Call it Social Studies or Social Theory or Social Opinions but calling it Social Science is a joke.

I won't go into great detail or hunt for the inks at this moment but I recall not too long ago reading about a guy who wrote a book about his exploring the interior of the Social Sciences movement in this country. Turns out it is more than anything else, an effete club of Progressives hiding behind 'Science' in an attempt to legitimize their propaganda activities. The author did some polling at many their 'Seminars' and found that 99% classified themselves as being Liberal Progressive. To test his theory regarding this, he began to submit contrary theories at these seminars and to his surprise hie was physically threatened in person and through email. He was called (Horrors!) "conservative" and out of touch with reality.

Social Science is a well-kept, well-hidden joke with dire consequences for society. As a political group(which they clearly are) they will supply any data that is needed to fill in the blanks for LGBT's, Pedophiles or Liberal politicians looking for funding. Don't trust any academicians posing as Social Scientists.

Lapeer, MI

#4915 Mar 19, 2013
Sparklestrips4u wrote:
<quoted text>and you say nothing dimwit
Gee. Such a fact-filled, clearly delineated and considered response.

You must think of yourself as being a Social Scientist, eh?

Location hidden

#4919 Mar 19, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. When it comes to Social Sciences, no greater misnomer can be found today. The 'Science' part doesn't belong there at all. Call it Social Studies or Social Theory or Social Opinions but calling it Social Science is a joke.
I won't go into great detail or hunt for the inks at this moment but I recall not too long ago reading about a guy who wrote a book about his exploring the interior of the Social Sciences movement in this country. Turns out it is more than anything else, an effete club of Progressives hiding behind 'Science' in an attempt to legitimize their propaganda activities. The author did some polling at many their 'Seminars' and found that 99% classified themselves as being Liberal Progressive. To test his theory regarding this, he began to submit contrary theories at these seminars and to his surprise hie was physically threatened in person and through email. He was called (Horrors!) "conservative" and out of touch with reality.
Social Science is a well-kept, well-hidden joke with dire consequences for society. As a political group(which they clearly are) they will supply any data that is needed to fill in the blanks for LGBT's, Pedophiles or Liberal politicians looking for funding. Don't trust any academicians posing as Social Scientists.
Yeah,Gays and Lesbians are pretty much more of just a political tool than anything else.
As for science,you've got good science and then you have some pretty bad science.
The good science are those I call trying to contribute to come up with better effective treatment for diseases if not find cures for diseases and then study and come up with ways to help our environment and improve our selves.
However,as you may already know,we have junk science and quack scientists who are only there to make a name for them selves,get recognition because they can't cut it.
Which is why they waste their time and knowledge on foolishness and fantasies to appease those like "Sparkle" here under a false sense of hope through misinformation.
People like "Sparkle" would rather depend on those lab coat quacks to tell them what they want to hear more so than use good ole' fashion common sense.

Lapeer, MI

#4923 Mar 19, 2013
Sparklestrips4u wrote:
<quoted text>And you must think of yourself as having an IQ above 3... sorry... you just don't
Your powers of observation are nonexistent.

Observation requires eyesight and vision.

Outward, not the inward adoration of Narcissus.

Lapeer, MI

#4924 Mar 19, 2013
Sparklestrips4u wrote:
The best part of this debate is that it really doesn't matter what you dimwits think about LGBT SSM marriage.. given DOMA is about to fall which will lead to all your state man women laws falling and gay marriage will be the law of the land... so biatch on bigots... but your losing already.. HA HA
Another insightful post.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
hojjoj

Pittsburgh, PA

#4925 Mar 19, 2013
youtube.com/watch... Ö
Whats the Price? and it means Burden

Lapeer, MI

#4926 Mar 19, 2013
Sparklestrips4u wrote:
<quoted text>Oh and here in case you missed it
The best part of this debate is that it really doesn't matter what you dimwits think about LGBT SSM marriage.. given DOMA is about to fall which will lead to all your state man women laws falling and gay marriage will be the law of the land... so biatch on, bigots... but your losing already.. HA HA
Boy, you just keep rackin''em up here. You present another great database of fanciful wishful thinking to inspire us once again:}

Go interview another one of your Blow-Up Dolls and come back with the results. I just can't stand the suspense.

Location hidden

#4927 Mar 19, 2013
Sparklestrips4u wrote:
<quoted text>Well considering I have actually worked in research with my microbiology degree at one point in my life I think i'm a little more quallified then you at distinguishing real science from your "Personal Feelings" LOL
Ya you got any of that real science yet to support your claim
Thought so...LOL
Like I said,you have good scientists of which contributes to society and then you have your bad ones who are only there trying to make a name for them selves and are using there position to promote their biased opinions on hot issues with false assumptions.
Most likely you are probably one of those that are promoting the existence of that fictional gay gene but then again there are those who believe that they can communicate with space aliens through a spoon.

Lapeer, MI

#4930 Mar 19, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said,you have good scientists of which contributes to society and then you have your bad ones who are only there trying to make a name for them selves and are using there position to promote their biased opinions on hot issues with false assumptions.
Most likely you are probably one of those that are promoting the existence of that fictional gay gene but then again there are those who believe that they can communicate with space aliens through a spoon.
A couple of years back, there was a team of California Genetics Researchers(CA - wouldn't you know) whose team leader claimed she had located the defective "Conservative Gene". I am NOT making this up.

The story lasted about 16 hours before it was laughed off the internet.

Science has become extremely politicized by both sides but the Left has turned the process into a craft....which means that bad science is now in the forefront of everything that crawls inside the Beltway. From sexual preference to Green Energy, our country's resources are being wasted on armchair scientists claiming to be on a mission from God.

Lapeer, MI

#4933 Mar 19, 2013
Sparklestrips4u wrote:
<quoted text>
You projecting again there dimwit
Is that the professional opinion of a Social Scientist?

Hee, Hee.

Lapeer, MI

#4934 Mar 19, 2013
Sparklestrips4u wrote:
<quoted text>BTW ..,once again you still provide zero scientific evidence to support any of your claims... digger deeper in that trailer court
..,once again you still provide zero scientific evidence to support any of your claims... digging deeper into that cesspool of intelligentsia propaganda won't help either, Dood.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 8 min why 3,402
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 10 min Blackburn 32,363
News 8 Shocking Statements Opponents Of Marriage Equ... 11 min Wondering 78
News Mark Hopkins: The Supreme Court and gay marriage 11 min Chad 15
News Religious objections turmoil likely to spill in... 12 min Not Yet Equal 16
News Gay marriage foe's argument seems to leave Supr... 15 min NorCal Native 106
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 17 min Wondering 20,667
Are the mods fair and balanced? 21 min NorCal Native 823
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 34 min TheChoss 59,574
More from around the web