What the Gay Marriage News Means for You

Full story: International Herald Tribune

On Wednesday, President Obama directed the Justice Department to stop defending the law that bans federal recognition of same-sex marriages.

Comments (Page 236)

Showing posts 4,701 - 4,720 of4,830
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Gary Coaldigger wrote:
Unlike the rest of the heterosexual world,If gays and lesbians has to have a court to grant them the right to marry in order to be accepted and fit in with the rest of the heterosexual society then there is something very wrong about being gay and being a lesbian to begin with.
At one time,interracial couples of the opposite sex was frowned upon and at times still are but the difference in interracial couples and gays couples is that interracial couples are far more acceptable since they are of one man and of one woman.
Now before anyone of you comes back on here and start calling me a homophobic and all like that out of resentment that you may feel after reading my post here,let me be very clear.
I do not have anything against any gay or lesbian person at all,their life is not my life.
As far as I'm concerned,they can do whatever the hell they want to for as ling as they don't try to impose upon me to accept that which I sincerely do not believe to be true about them.
Being accepting of gay marriage will no more be imposed on you than being accepting of interracial marriage was imposed on racists. You can be as hateful and intolerant as you like - that's totally your right.

Won't make a bit of different to gays and lesbians how you feel about them once they have equal rights....

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Being accepting of gay marriage will no more be imposed on you than being accepting of interracial marriage was imposed on racists. You can be as hateful and intolerant as you like - that's totally your right.
Won't make a bit of different to gays and lesbians how you feel about them once they have equal rights....
Evidently you clearly misunderstood me and that is your misfortune.
I have no hate for gays and lesbians at all.
I was simply pointing out the fact how interracial couples of the opposite sex was now more accepted than it use to be than gay couples are.
Interracial couples are accepted far more better than gay couples are for the sole fact that interracial couples are of the opposite sex.
If I was hateful and intolerant towards gays and lesbians then I would have posted something far more repugnant than what you think that I did.
I'm well aware that the gays and lesbians will get their own special way of what they want sooner or later and I don't have a problem with that..
All I'm saying is that it is already accepted for a very long time now that a man and a woman even of different races are more favorable than any gay or lesbian couple will ever hope to be.
Besides the gays and lesbians and their advocates,the rest of the world will never accept them and even so the gays and the lesbians know this.
That is why they want to push the government into granting them special rights of which they are truly not entitled to simply because what they call love is deemed unnatural & immoral by the rest of the world and you don't have to be a religious person or a hateful person to feel that way,its just the way it is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Furthermore,what I was referring to when I said,"As long as they don't try to impose upon me to accept that which I sincerely do not believe to be true about them."
What I meant was that I do not believe one bit whatsoever that any human,male or female,can be born gay.
That is nothing more than a theorized fictional spoof designed solely for the purpose to gain peoples' sympathy for the gays and lesbians.
First it was said that it was a sickness or a disease,then they changed it to it being a disability,then it was a mental illness and now they say they are born that way.

Bottom line is this,however you choose to sugar coat it in an effort to try and protect them,no matter how you label the reason for it,homosexuality is simply a choice that one makes either willfully or it was brought upon them by force thru rape.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently you clearly misunderstood me and that is your misfortune.
I have no hate for gays and lesbians at all.
I was simply pointing out the fact how interracial couples of the opposite sex was now more accepted than it use to be than gay couples are.
Interracial couples are accepted far more better than gay couples are for the sole fact that interracial couples are of the opposite sex.
If I was hateful and intolerant towards gays and lesbians then I would have posted something far more repugnant than what you think that I did.
I'm well aware that the gays and lesbians will get their own special way of what they want sooner or later and I don't have a problem with that..
All I'm saying is that it is already accepted for a very long time now that a man and a woman even of different races are more favorable than any gay or lesbian couple will ever hope to be.
Besides the gays and lesbians and their advocates,the rest of the world will never accept them and even so the gays and the lesbians know this.
That is why they want to push the government into granting them special rights of which they are truly not entitled to simply because what they call love is deemed unnatural & immoral by the rest of the world and you don't have to be a religious person or a hateful person to feel that way,its just the way it is.
LOL...no hate or intolerance in that little speech. Who are you trying to kid?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Gary Coaldigger wrote:
Furthermore,what I was referring to when I said,"As long as they don't try to impose upon me to accept that which I sincerely do not believe to be true about them."
What I meant was that I do not believe one bit whatsoever that any human,male or female,can be born gay.
That is nothing more than a theorized fictional spoof designed solely for the purpose to gain peoples' sympathy for the gays and lesbians.
First it was said that it was a sickness or a disease,then they changed it to it being a disability,then it was a mental illness and now they say they are born that way.
Bottom line is this,however you choose to sugar coat it in an effort to try and protect them,no matter how you label the reason for it,homosexuality is simply a choice that one makes either willfully or it was brought upon them by force thru rape.
To quote Cyndi Lauper - I see your true colors shining through...

...and you're a homophobe. Own it.

People choose to be gay or are raped into being gay? Are you for real?

Tell us again how you have no hate or intolerance for homosexuals.

Wow...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...no hate or intolerance in that little speech. Who are you trying to kid?
First of all,I'm not giving you a speech but if you are going to be that naive and sensitive about all of this and not use a dose of common sense of viewing things objectively in a sense to challenge your own position of things without putting a label on everything that doesn't agree with you then you have no business of advocating anything.
You don't want to believe me and thus are convinced that I am hateful and intolerant then so be it,that is your own undoing.
What I say,I mean.
Homosexuals do not affect my way of life whatsoever,I don't agree with their sexual preference but I don't hate them for it.
I have a pretty good idea of the kind of difficulties that they endure among those who do hate them but I assure you that I am not one of them.
If you or anyone else has taken anything that I have said here from the very beginning as being hateful or intolerant as you say then clearly that was never my aim.
You can view things from an objective point of view just as much as you can with a favorable point of view without being disrespectful but,unfortunately, no matter how you word your objections there will always be someone like yourself,for example,who are just too sensitive about things to understand like one's objectives towards that which you passionately advocate.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
To quote Cyndi Lauper - I see your true colors shining through...
...and you're a homophobe. Own it.
People choose to be gay or are raped into being gay? Are you for real?
Tell us again how you have no hate or intolerance for homosexuals.
Wow...
You are much too sensitive about this issue to advocate it sensibly.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Sparklestrips4u wrote:
<quoted text>So given your belief is that being gay is a choice and thus sexuallity is a choice.. you without a doubt can identify when you chose to be hetro over gay... I for one have always been hetro for as long as I can remember...
The point is,we as humans are meant to be heterosexual for the sole purpose of reproduction.
That is the whole purpose of us all having sexual reproductive organs in the first place,however,we can choose not to participate in taking part in the reproduction of generations to come either by not engaging in sexual intercourse with anyone or the alternative sexuality which is homosexuality.
Being a homosexual is nothing that one is born with,it is simply a choice that one makes for himself or herself of their own free will or it is forced upon them by another who has used physical violence and scare tactics upon them to condition their victims to accept it.
Those who say things like,homosexuality is a sickness,a disease,a disability or being born with is just a method to gain sympathy for them and deter abuse against them such as gay bashing of which I do oppose and condemn at the highest level.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Sparklestrips4u wrote:
<quoted text>Just curious my friends Susan and Tracy just got married here in washington state the other day... just curious how that might have imposed or had any effect on you?????
It doesn't,but same sex marriage was not at all as what I was referring to.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Sparklestrips4u wrote:
<quoted text>So do raped Lesbians magically become hetero... is that how this works???
Okay,now you are just being sarcastic.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Sparklestrips4u wrote:
<quoted text>Hey BTW.. it took courts and federal laws to grant blacks and women equal rights... so are you saying then also that there is something very wrong with blacks and women
I see what you're trying to do.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Sparklestrips4u wrote:
<quoted text>So we should remove all of the SPECIAL RIGHTS we grant to religions given there clearly is no religous GENE and it is obviously a CHOICE and one not beneficial to mankind...Is this your premise to
What does this have to do with religion and why are you bringing it into this?
Do you think that I am some kind of religious person?
Are you saying that only a religious person can have an objective point of view on this issue?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Sparklestrips4u wrote:
<quoted text>Answer the question...
I've already answered that on my post #4802

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Sparklestrips4u wrote:
<quoted text>No you clearly stated that rape leads to sexual orientation changes... so raping a lesbian should make her straight according to you
I'm being serious about this and you're just being sarcastic about this because you don't like my point of view on the issue of which you even know I'm right but but just don't want to admit that what I say is true.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already answered that on my post #4802
I do believe that you are conversing with a Mouth minus a Steering Wheel.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Sparklestrips4u wrote:
<quoted text>You failed to answer the question btw... since sexual orientation is a choice at what age did you pick between being gay or straight...
I answered you,I didn't fail to answer anything,you are just not satisfied with my answer because you don't agree with it.
You are wanting me to compromise and back peddle and that is just not what I am going to do.
I am not going to be politically correct about all of this just to suit you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Sparklestrips4u wrote:
<quoted text>DID I say you were religous... I'm not gay ... so what's your point...
You claimed gay people want SPECIAL RIGHTS and I responded that so do CHRISTAINS...
Evidently you must thought I was,otherwise you would have never brought it up and I didn't say you was gay,you didn't give any indication that you were and if you were then I have no problem with it.
You only told me that two of your friends got married and I told you that I was not discussing same-sex marriage.
Yes,gays and lesbians are pushing the government for special rights because the rest of the society is against them because they find their sexuality sickening.
I don't care either way,I'm just saying that I'm not going to buy into the whole BS about them being born gay because I know that is not so and I know why there are those who will comes up with these ideas about them,its to protect them.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Sparklestrips4u wrote:
<quoted text>DID I say you were religous... I'm not gay ... so what's your point...
You claimed gay people want SPECIAL RIGHTS and I responded that so do CHRISTAINS...
When you can't win an argument - simply muddy the waters!

Bad technique.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Sparklestrips4u wrote:
<quoted text>No you are flat out wrong and i'm not sarcastic... You made an ignorant statement that rape leads to being gay and that is simply not founded in any medical research known to man.. I was raped at the age of seven and have worked with countless women who were also raped and none are gay... were you raped???
No I am not flat wrong either,you're just too stubborn.
Yes,in some cases,rape does lead to being gay.
It doesn't happen all the time but it does happen.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Sparklestrips4u wrote:
<quoted text>so at what age did you make this choice between being gay or straight... why can't you answer this simple question
I have already answered every single one of your questions,some of which were answered before you even bothered to post your questions.
You resent my point of view,you don't agree with me and that is fine but you don't have to keep being sarcastic about it and keep repeating the same questions over and over again to which I have already answered.
Right now you are just posing sarcasm asking me a bunch of absurd questions simply because you are only looking for a "gotcha!"

I believe what I said is true,you don't so let's just leave it at that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,701 - 4,720 of4,830
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••