What the Gay Marriage News Means for You

On Wednesday, President Obama directed the Justice Department to stop defending the law that bans federal recognition of same-sex marriages. Full Story

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#4762 Nov 13, 2012
thinkingisgood wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever considered that it is you who has been influenced during your childhood to be so bigoted and intolerant of views? Also, your ad hominem attacks show your lack of effective rhetoric. Do you realize how ridiculous your statement: "This is where liars, sickos and opportunistic animals like you seep in like septic waste from a broken sewer pipe" sounds?
I consider many facets of issues being discussed before responding.
Ad Hominem is appropriate and fitting in many situations. Say someone engages me in a discussion about the Mother Ship waiting for us behind the Moon. My use of ad hominem responses would be just fine.

Political Correctness tries to shut this option out calling ad hominem responses as being something "bad" or misplaced. Phooey. I make the judgement regarding ad hominem and not some Select Committee of self-important intelligentsia. Period.

Lapeer, MI

#4763 Nov 14, 2012
thinkingisgood wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I'm pretty sure each one of my sentences was very relevant to your posts. Again, you say my point-of-view lacks logic and reasoning, but yours continues to lack evidence, even though I have countlessly pointed this issue out. And ad hominem is never a great response; ad hominem is a synonym of "name-calling," common in kindergarten classrooms. So unless you take your advice from quarreling toddlers, I would not call ad hominem "a great response" to any argument.
Wiki - Ad hominem: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

"Doug Walton has argued that ad hominem reasoning is not always fallacious, and that in some instances, questions of personal conduct, character, motives, etc., are legitimate and relevant to the issue,[13] as when it directly involves hypocrisy, or actions contradicting the subject's words.

The philosopher Charles Taylor has argued that ad hominem reasoning is essential to understanding certain moral issues, and contrasts this sort of reasoning with the apodictic reasoning of philosophical naturalism.[14"

And one man's evidence is another man's irrelevant gibberish. Evidence is judged in courts of law but in discussions on a blog, evidence becomes very subjective.
thinkingisgood

Zionsville, IN

#4764 Nov 14, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Wiki - Ad hominem: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
"Doug Walton has argued that ad hominem reasoning is not always fallacious, and that in some instances, questions of personal conduct, character, motives, etc., are legitimate and relevant to the issue,[13] as when it directly involves hypocrisy, or actions contradicting the subject's words.
The philosopher Charles Taylor has argued that ad hominem reasoning is essential to understanding certain moral issues, and contrasts this sort of reasoning with the apodictic reasoning of philosophical naturalism.[14"
And one man's evidence is another man's irrelevant gibberish. Evidence is judged in courts of law but in discussions on a blog, evidence becomes very subjective.
This attitude is exactly the reason why the American government is so unproductive and uncompromising: people do not look at the value in others' ideas; rather, they revert to childish attacks on their "opponents'" persona, which just causes further tension.

So no select committee decides the fallacy of your ad hominem except for the one-man committee of Doug Walton you mean? Talk about "hypocrisy." Yes, I realize that evidence is almost always biased, which is why I am allowing you to find "evidence" in a site that shares your point-of-view, FOX. You obviously just can't find any evidence... not even in your Republican-supporting FOX news.
thinkingisgood

Zionsville, IN

#4765 Nov 14, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
When idealism collides with reality the result is Wisdom.
Regardless of protestations, wishful thinking and political correctness, Wisdom trumps 'em all.
You do realize that you just called Hitler a wise man right? He realized his idealistic dream of the eradication of the "scum of society." I suppose you wish to "perfect society" by killing all Jews and homosexuals as well.
thinkingisgood

Zionsville, IN

#4766 Nov 14, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I consider many facets of issues being discussed before responding.
Ad Hominem is appropriate and fitting in many situations. Say someone engages me in a discussion about the Mother Ship waiting for us behind the Moon. My use of ad hominem responses would be just fine.
Political Correctness tries to shut this option out calling ad hominem responses as being something "bad" or misplaced. Phooey. I make the judgement regarding ad hominem and not some Select Committee of self-important intelligentsia. Period.
I don't think you're getting my point. If you had been brought up during your childhood to be a bigot, you would not know better, so you wouldn't be able to "consider many facets of issues being discussed" because you don't know you are being extremely close-minded.

Lapeer, MI

#4767 Nov 14, 2012
thinkingisgood wrote:
<quoted text>
This attitude is exactly the reason why the American government is so unproductive and uncompromising: people do not look at the value in others' ideas; rather, they revert to childish attacks on their "opponents'" persona, which just causes further tension.
So no select committee decides the fallacy of your ad hominem except for the one-man committee of Doug Walton you mean? Talk about "hypocrisy." Yes, I realize that evidence is almost always biased, which is why I am allowing you to find "evidence" in a site that shares your point-of-view, FOX. You obviously just can't find any evidence... not even in your Republican-supporting FOX news.
If boldly speaking my mind while standing in the strong currents of complacency, unbridled clueless Liberalism and PC today gets me labeled as a redneck abuser of ad hominem, a rock causing whitewater rapids in the stream of American stupidity then so be it. I know I am effective.

Here. Make some waves of your own and vote to secede from the Boy Messiah's downward spiral: http://tinyurl.com/bxqqj4n

You can easily search for your own state here. Stand up and stop bending over.

Lapeer, MI

#4768 Nov 14, 2012
thinkingisgood wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that you just called Hitler a wise man right? He realized his idealistic dream of the eradication of the "scum of society." I suppose you wish to "perfect society" by killing all Jews and homosexuals as well.
No. I do not realize that I just called Hitler a wise man. But I do realize that you just said I did.

This means that I am cognizant while you are not.

Godwin's Law?
thinkingisgood

Zionsville, IN

#4769 Nov 14, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
If boldly speaking my mind while standing in the strong currents of complacency, unbridled clueless Liberalism and PC today gets me labeled as a redneck abuser of ad hominem, a rock causing whitewater rapids in the stream of American stupidity then so be it. I know I am effective.
Here. Make some waves of your own and vote to secede from the Boy Messiah's downward spiral: http://tinyurl.com/bxqqj4n
Seriously, why do you keep avoiding finding a FOX article where gays have blown up/burned churches for the sole purpose of opposing heterosexuality? You did say that these cases are rampant, so it shouldn't be that hard to find right, especially from your own party's news?
thinkingisgood

Zionsville, IN

#4770 Nov 14, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I possibly want to secede from the U.S.? The annoying obstructions are eroding away, allowing for progress to flow. Let's face it: the Republican Party is a fading party. If they could not displace the extremely unpopular Obama during this election, they can no longer compete in national politics.

Lapeer, MI

#4771 Nov 15, 2012
thinkingisgood wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, why do you keep avoiding finding a FOX article where gays have blown up/burned churches for the sole purpose of opposing heterosexuality? You did say that these cases are rampant, so it shouldn't be that hard to find right, especially from your own party's news?
Please show me where I said this.

Lapeer, MI

#4772 Nov 15, 2012
thinkingisgood wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I possibly want to secede from the U.S.? The annoying obstructions are eroding away, allowing for progress to flow. Let's face it: the Republican Party is a fading party. If they could not displace the extremely unpopular Obama during this election, they can no longer compete in national politics.
Forget the Republicans. This is not a Football game. This is about the survival of American freedoms before the Boy Messiah takes them away.

Geesh. Just sitting there studying your navel again......

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#4773 Nov 15, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget the Republicans. This is not a Football game. This is about the survival of American freedoms before the Boy Messiah takes them away.
Geesh. Just sitting there studying your navel again......
There is no boy messiah, there are only party hacks on both sides.

And Republicans have been working even harder than Democrats to erase personal freedom, first in the name of their personal brands of morality, then in the name of national security. All sorts of nasty things have happened to America under the guise of those two ideas.

Don't be deceived.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#4774 Nov 15, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you get this stuff? Obama is no boy, and he is no messiah. He was simply the lesser of two evils for most folks.

Romney lost because he was forced to step from center right into "severe conservative" to get the faaaaar right wingnuts in his party to support him, and then could not slide far enough back to moderate to stop scaring the average American.

That's a problem his party will have to address in the future, and I sincerely hope they do.

American loses when one party or the other slips into extremism, and can't field strong capable candidates. I would MUCH rather choose between two incredibly good candidates, even with differing party views, then cheer for a victory of my guy over a dangerous candidate.

It's too much like Russian roulette.

Lapeer, MI

#4775 Nov 15, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no boy messiah, there are only party hacks on both sides.
And Republicans have been working even harder than Democrats to erase personal freedom, first in the name of their personal brands of morality, then in the name of national security. All sorts of nasty things have happened to America under the guise of those two ideas.
Don't be deceived.
No Boy Messiah? No Holocaust either. No Jesus Christ or Muhammad.

But when speaking of the Jerk-In-Chief, we can all believe that there is no Santa Claus.

Lapeer, MI

#4776 Nov 15, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you get this stuff? Obama is no boy, and he is no messiah. He was simply the lesser of two evils for most folks.
Romney lost because he was forced to step from center right into "severe conservative" to get the faaaaar right wingnuts in his party to support him, and then could not slide far enough back to moderate to stop scaring the average American.
That's a problem his party will have to address in the future, and I sincerely hope they do.
American loses when one party or the other slips into extremism, and can't field strong capable candidates. I would MUCH rather choose between two incredibly good candidates, even with differing party views, then cheer for a victory of my guy over a dangerous candidate.
It's too much like Russian roulette.
One man's Extremism is another man's Meat-n-Potatoes. Your mention of Extremism and Russian Roulette tells me you simultaneously fear acquiring HIV and straightening out this country's economic and political woes at the expense of protecting your Boy Messiah.

That's extremism in all of its glorious stupidity.
frogmann

Pittsburgh, PA

#4777 Nov 16, 2012
youtube.com/watch...
new knee pads and a steady

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#4778 Nov 17, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
There is much that you don't realize.
That's true for all of us buttercup.
shinningelectr0n wrote:
And much that you don't want to realize.
Also true for all of us, in case you hadn't noticed.
shinningelectr0n wrote:
This results from bunker mentalities you apply to all in your sorry life.
Bunker mentality, Gracie?
shinningelectr0n wrote:
Calling children weak-minded reflects your problem in this regard.
That made sense to you? Dear, just so you know, I do not believe children to be weak minded, quite the opposite actually.
shinningelectr0n wrote:
Adults can use comparative reasoning to come to decisions and conclusions.
One only wishes that were always true. It's supposed to be there, but all too often it just ain't arrived. I've also met children who were far better at comparative reasoning than many legal adults.
shinningelectr0n wrote:
Life's experience gives adults this ability.
There's always hope, however futile.
shinningelectr0n wrote:
Children, however, have little to no skills using comparative reasoning because, being so young, they have nothing to compare against.
Another generalization that is far from always the case.
shinningelectr0n wrote:
This is where liars, sickos and opportunistic animals like you seep in like septic waste from a broken sewer pipe.
That's sweet of you dear, you find such thoughts helpful to the discussion how exactly?

Lapeer, MI

#4779 Nov 17, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>That's true for all of us buttercup. <quoted text>Also true for all of us, in case you hadn't noticed. <quoted text>Bunker mentality, Gracie? <quoted text>That made sense to you? Dear, just so you know, I do not believe children to be weak minded, quite the opposite actually.
<quoted text>One only wishes that were always true. It's supposed to be there, but all too often it just ain't arrived. I've also met children who were far better at comparative reasoning than many legal adults. <quoted text>There's always hope, however futile.
<quoted text>Another generalization that is far from always the case. <quoted text>That's sweet of you dear, you find such thoughts helpful to the discussion how exactly?
Your random walk through the tulips has only damaged plants and left big, ugly footprints in the manure.

You don't share opinions or facts here but only wishful thinking and childlike attempts at reality. You wanna be a Fireman when you grow up? Cute and inspirational for everyone inside DayCare.

Sleepy Time now. Getcher Sippy Cup!

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#4780 Nov 17, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
Your random walk through the tulips has only damaged plants and left big, ugly footprints in the manure.
If you say so buttercup.
shinningelectr0n wrote:
You don't share opinions or facts here but only wishful thinking and childlike attempts at reality.
uh-huh, yeah, right.
shinningelectr0n wrote:
You wanna be a Fireman when you grow up?
Dated one once.
shinningelectr0n wrote:
Cute and inspirational for everyone inside DayCare.
Sleepy Time now. Getcher Sippy Cup!
I think highly of your maturity too dear.

If that was really the best you could do, I have to wonder why you bothered?

Lapeer, MI

#4781 Nov 17, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>If you say so buttercup.
<quoted text>uh-huh, yeah, right. <quoted text>Dated one once. <quoted text>I think highly of your maturity too dear.
If that was really the best you could do, I have to wonder why you bothered?
Maturity also deals with emotion and intellect and not just wrinkled physique, gnarly boy.

Keep trying. Right now, you couldn't kill a fly with your pom poms, girly:}

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 3 min I can read 1,447
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 10 min Pietro Armando 822
TN pastor vows not to 'repent' for homophobia: ... 10 min lgbt is sillyg 17
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 16 min HILLBILLY 55,924
Chattanooga voters repeal civil rights for LGBT... 16 min Tre H 107
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 18 min Frankie Rizzo 1,074
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 23 min Frankie Rizzo 60
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 1 hr Tre H 453
Coach tied to beating of gay couple leaves job 1 hr Belle Sexton 7
•••