Discovering Columbus's LGBT Midwestern Sensibility

Dec 3, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: EDGE

I've always had an odd relationship with Ohio. As a native Michigander, I was taught from an early age that Ohio was a state to hate anytime sports rivalries came into play - which in the Midwest is often.

Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Dec 4, 2013

Since: Nov 09

Columbus OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

This is a very positive article about a city that (as a Gay person) I have proudly called my home for over 35 years.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

A former acquaintance of mine (a gay person) claimed people from that city are rude. I have never been there myself so have no idea whether this is true or not. Anyone care to comment? Especially people who do not live there but just spent time there. I was surprised because I would not normally think of that part of the country when I think of rude places.
Clarence

Czech Republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

JohnInToronto wrote:
A former acquaintance of mine (a gay person) claimed people from that city are rude. I have never been there myself so have no idea whether this is true or not. Anyone care to comment? Especially people who do not live there but just spent time there. I was surprised because I would not normally think of that part of the country when I think of rude places.
The queers are very rude and uppity. The normal people are very kind and polite.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

JohnInToronto wrote:
Maybe he was wearing the wrong sports team T?

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

Christopher Columbus didn't discover Ohio.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he was wearing the wrong sports team T?
Perhaps - I just found it odd. Of the American and Canadian cities I HAVE visited, I would say the rudest are probably Washington, DC and Montreal (if you don't speak French) and the friendliest are possibly Minneapolis and Savannah. I don't find New York city folks rude - they are just blunt but they are often very helpful. And despite its reputation, I've never experienced rudeness in Southern California.

Since: Nov 08

Maylene, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

Oh the narrow-minded and haters are out here. Call yourself Christians - wrong just fake Christians. And ecauseof fakers lie you hters I will get this T-shirt, "So many fake Christians, so few lions."

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

JohnInToronto wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps - I just found it odd. Of the American and Canadian cities I HAVE visited, I would say the rudest are probably Washington, DC and Montreal (if you don't speak French) and the friendliest are possibly Minneapolis and Savannah. I don't find New York city folks rude - they are just blunt but they are often very helpful. And despite its reputation, I've never experienced rudeness in Southern California.
There's two things I hate about So Cal ... it's face.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Yet one more reason not to visit Ohio. As if I actually needed another reason...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay dads dispel same-sex adoption myths - and a... 29 min DebraE 108
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 56 min DebraE 54,805
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr The Rogue 49,393
Chile sailor publicly discloses his homosexuality 3 hr Mitts Gold Plated... 1
Legislature Says No to "Gay Panic" Defense 3 hr Mitts Gold Plated... 1
Once more on fascism knocking on the Balkan doo... (Aug '09) 3 hr Dalmatino 942
Gay Marriage Vs. the First Amendment 3 hr Ashley1204 243
Judge critical of states defending gay marriage... 3 hr Fa-Foxy 34
Supreme Court: Was gay marriage settled in 1972... 4 hr Frankie Rizzo 386
Becker & Poliakoff Lawyer Sends Anti-Gay Email ... 4 hr DNF 21
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE