PolitiFact's Bows To Moderate Bias In...

PolitiFact's Bows To Moderate Bias In Navritalova Ruling

There are 1 comment on the lezgetreal.com story from May 8, 2013, titled PolitiFact's Bows To Moderate Bias In Navritalova Ruling. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

A statement by tennis legend Martina Navritalova regarding the lack of workplace protections for LGBT workers got a very biased ruling from PolitiFact

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 May 8, 2013
The statement was accurate.

The assessment was accurate.

The two positions use different meanings of the word "State".

The difference relies upon a Verbal Fallacy: Equivocation.

"Equivocation consists in employing the same word in two or more senses, e.g. in a syllogism, the middle term being used in one sense in the major and another in the minor premise, so that in fact there are four not three terms. Often this happens when the two meanings are similar despite being distinctly different.
Example Argument: All heavy things have a great mass; Jim has a "heavy heart"; therefore Jim's heart has a great mass.
Problem: Heavy describes more than just weight.(Jim is sad.)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy#Equivoca...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump dating site used sex offender as a model 17 min Rose_NoHo 2
News Man charged with threatening Riverview church o... 18 min Rose_NoHo 43
News Effort Underway To Save City's Oldest Gay Bar '... 1 hr Rose_NoHo 6
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr Rose_NoHo 18,807
News Are Gay Dads 'Treating Women as Mere Breeding M... 1 hr Wondering 45
News Religious protests against gay films show divid... 1 hr Pat Robertson s F... 19
News Arkansas to pay attorney for same-sex couples i... 1 hr Hudson 61
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 11 hr NE Jade 27,401
More from around the web