Puerto Rico Introduces New Guidelines...

Puerto Rico Introduces New Guidelines for Hate Crimes

There are 7 comments on the KVOR-AM Colorado Springs story from Dec 28, 2012, titled Puerto Rico Introduces New Guidelines for Hate Crimes. In it, KVOR-AM Colorado Springs reports that:

At least 18 members of Puerto Rico's LGBT community were murdered in 2010 and 2011 alone.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KVOR-AM Colorado Springs.

david traversa

Buenos Aires, Argentina

#1 Dec 28, 2012
No wonder so many have left for the mainland.. For what can you expect from a country with a corrupt police-force and a lax judicial system? Not that they stand alone in that respect..

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#2 Dec 28, 2012
I think it should be a dated ultimatum: "Statehood or total independence. CHOOSE! You have 5 years to make up your minds."

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#3 Dec 29, 2012
snyper wrote:
I think it should be a dated ultimatum: "Statehood or total independence. CHOOSE! You have 5 years to make up your minds."
Puerto Rico has partitioned statehood many times conservatives turns have turned them down because Puerto Rico will not make English there primary language

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#4 Dec 29, 2012
disaster in the making wrote:
<quoted text>
Puerto Rico has partitioned statehood many times conservatives turns have turned them down because Puerto Rico will not make English there primary language
That isn't true.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#5 Dec 29, 2012
disaster in the making wrote:
<quoted text>
Puerto Rico has partitioned statehood many times conservatives turns have turned them down because Puerto Rico will not make English there primary language
In the recent November 6 election 61 percent of Puerto Rico's voters voted for Statehood
http://www.prstatehood.com/home/index.asp

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#6 Dec 30, 2012
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
In the recent November 6 election 61 percent of Puerto Rico's voters voted for Statehood
http://www.prstatehood.com/home/index.asp
well DUH its not Puerto Rico that is blocking it, Its our own congress

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#7 Dec 30, 2012
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
In the recent November 6 election 61 percent of Puerto Rico's voters voted for Statehood
http://www.prstatehood.com/home/index.asp
That's not really accurate. That percentage doesn't account for the structure of the ballot questions, for the numbers of voters who left some of the questions blank.

So that's 61% of what, exactly?

It is NOT Congress blocking the process, though it certainly is playing all codependent on Puerto Rico's internal BS.

I say,"5 yrs boys n girls!. In five years you will either be a State of the Union, or you will be your own Sovereign Nation. PERIOD."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Court: Baker who refused gay wedding cake can't... 9 min WeTheSheeple 1,083
News Rowan County clerk closes office ahead of gay r... 11 min ROFLMAO66 15
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 12 min Just Think 25,631
News Gay Iranian refugee gets new start in Bay Area 16 min Chuck 2
News Kentucky Clerk Who Denied Marriage Licenses for... 20 min Quest 26
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 29 min spocko 221
News Kentucky clerk defies order, refuses to issue s... 48 min TomInElPaso 297
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 54 min Rainbow Pride 2,971
More from around the web