Gay couples in Maine poised for first...

Gay couples in Maine poised for first weddings

There are 22 comments on the WSFA-TV Montgomery story from Dec 28, 2012, titled Gay couples in Maine poised for first weddings. In it, WSFA-TV Montgomery reports that:

Chris Kast and Byron Bartlett already consider themselves married after a 2010 ceremony overlooking Portland Harbor, but now they're doing it all over again - planning to be among the first to get a marriage license when Maine's same-sex marriage law goes into effect at midnight.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSFA-TV Montgomery.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#33 Dec 30, 2012
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>They should book up high traffic or desirable days, like New Year's Eve or some days that are popular, to further hurt these inferior businesses.
Frankly, I cannot even see the joy of going to most of these places as it is. Any time this happens, I look up the site of the offending business and most times it appears DREADFUL on its own. However, I will defend the rites of the customer over the creaky tasseled granny rooms or halls to the end.
BTW, Happy New Year to YOU. What are your plans? I'm having a big do here, at my townhouse Club House this year, and am expecting about 20. NO chance of THAT being gay unfriendly, since about half the other owners in this building are gay. It IS Palm Springs, after all!
I just did my "New Year's" plan. Went with my best friend to a very nice Japanese Restaurant and then we saw the movie 'Les Miserables'. I'm gald I went as I normally wouldn't have much interest in that type of movie.

Bu t it's been a LONG time since I left a movie with such a smile. Afterward we were in a store and one lady was telling us that all the singing scenes were filmed 'live'. Russell Crowe and Hugh Jackman are actually singing in all those scenes. It's not a soundtrack added later. If you haven't seen it yet I say RUN don't walk before you miss it.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#34 Dec 31, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Boycotts are good but I think it's time we used the same tactics of civil disobedience blacks used.
Instead of basically ignoring these anti-gay businesses and making a bunch of noise, let's get pro active in making SURE they lose money.
Contract for their services then inform the a day or two in advance we are gay and lesbian. When they try to back out of the contract we have much more ammunition to use than we'd have with basic boycotts.
They lose the booking. Then they face breach of contract suits. And in Sates that include sexual orientation under public accommodation laws, they face criminal charges and fines.
I hope that Maine has a non discrimination law for public accommodations that includes sexual orientation. And if it doesn't let's get them passed. If it does then any government worker who tries to use religion to protect their illegal activities will be subject to criminal prosecution.
Maine's non-discrimination laws went to the ballot three times before they finally went into effect. That is why this small state had a political base to activate and win Question 1.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 min Avid reader 53,586
News Pride in local LGBT progress: Some of Metro Van... 4 min Gremlin 15
FuNKY ARCHIVES 14 min SteveO 2
News School district removes gay students' yearbook ... 26 min Gremlin 22
News CBB's Jemma Lucy talks lesbian sex in Celebrity... 31 min SteveO 4
News Patrick's Cabaret settles antigay discriminatio... 37 min Gremlin 6
40 years ago today 41 min Edward 5
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 2 hr RiccardoFire 8,362
News Ten Commandments judge faces runoff in Alabama ... 4 hr Champ 8
More from around the web