Gay marriage

Full story: Los Angeles Times

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.
Comments
15,121 - 15,140 of 54,784 Comments Last updated 23 min ago
Nine Ball

Harrodsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

real talk wrote:
<quoted text> see, you can't debate with queers. They are like bitches. They know they are wrong but still argue..lmao..so a bunch of queers say the Bible is false and we are brainwashed. Lol....the history book called the Bible had been around for 2000 plus years and many have died protecting it and now you have a very small percentage of queers out of billions of people that serve the Lord trying but never will have success to say the Bible is wrong....seriously, haha...get a normal life fudge packers...you will never win this one:) have a good day now
Yes, it is hard to get them to understand. They think that if they can get married and be scout leaders and the like that people will think that they are normal and natural. It ain't ever going to happen because to a normal man what has a wife and kids and does what it took to start those kids what they do is gross. It must be awful to have the guilt of knowing that they are nasty and what they do just is not normal. Using a butt for woman thing is just sickening. I feel sorry for people like Sheepie who tries to defend his lifestyle to a normal man. It must be hard on the nerves of the poor soul.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

real talk wrote:
<quoted text> see, you can't debate with queers. They are like bitches. They know they are wrong but still argue..lmao..so a bunch of queers say the Bible is false and we are brainwashed. Lol....the history book called the Bible had been around for 2000 plus years and many have died protecting it and now you have a very small percentage of queers out of billions of people that serve the Lord trying but never will have success to say the Bible is wrong....seriously, haha...get a normal life fudge packers...you will never win this one:) have a good day now
Trying to a hit and run eh Pappy? First of all you're NOT debating, you're just shooting your bigoted mouth off. 2nd, You ARE brainwashed and don't try and tell me your a 'christian' cause I'm not buying hypocrite. You're just another old bigot afraid of dying. Get a life of YOUR own do something with it besides spreading hate, ignorance and intolerance. POS BTW you've already lost, it happened with No fault divorce.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
The real question is why your being for or against it matters one whit.
----------
West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette; 319 U.S. 624 (1943) Majority -
"The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts. One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections ... "
" ... we apply the limitations of the Constitution with no fear that freedom to be intellectually and spiritually diverse or even contrary will disintegrate the social organization ... "
" ... We can have intellectual individualism and the rich cultural diversities that we owe to exceptional minds only at the price of occasional eccentricity and abnormal attitudes. When they are so harmless to others or to the State as those we deal with here, the price is not too great. But freedom to differ is not limited to things that do not matter much. That would be a mere shadow of freedom. The test of its substance is the right to differ as to things that touch the heart of the existing order ... "
" ... If there is any fixed star in our constitutional constellation, it is that no official, high or petty, can prescribe what shall be orthodox in politics, nationalism, religion, or other matters of opinion or force citizens to confess by word or act their faith therein. If there are any circumstances which permit an exception, they do not now occur to us ... "
Concurring - " ... Love of country must spring from willing hearts and free minds, inspired by a fair administration of wise laws enacted by the people's elected representatives within the bounds of express constitutional prohibitions ... "
----------
In the 1885 Utah Territory case of Murphy v. Ramsey, the United States Supreme Court articulated the crucial foundation of society:

For certainly no legislation can be supposed more wholesome and necessary in the founding of a free, self-governing commonwealth, fit to take rank as one of the coordinate States of the Union, than that which seeks to establish it on the basis of the idea of the family, as consisting in and springing from the union for life of one man and one woman in the holy estate of matrimony; the sure foundation of all that is stable and noble in our civilization; the best guaranty of that reverent morality which is the source of all beneficent progress in social and political improvement (1885, emp. added).

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You homophobes always talk about taxes as if gay people don't pay them.
You polyaphobes always talk about taxes as if poly people don't pay them.
Just admit you are against gay marriage because you are a bigot.
Just admit you are against plural marriage because you're a bigot.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are the morons who keep bringing up man-on-man anal & oral sex.
We're here to discuss marriage equality for same-sex couples while we wait for our next victory-
Michigan?
West Virginia?
Oregon?
Can't blame you for wanting to distance yourself from male-to-male anal sex. The recent CDC stats on it are horrific. And then there's that NYT article that reported 57% of gay males admit to not using condoms.

These facts expose homosexuality for what it truly is: a disease-spreading sex cult.

By the way, those penis suits and erect penis flags you fellows wave around during your "pride" parade -- what's the message behind them?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you be ANY less scientific, and any MORE moralizing?
Say, Snyper, since you said you're an older guy, I'm going out on a limb and guess you're a guy who was against homosexuality all his life until one of your kids went gay.

Is that a hit?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Safer sex has worked for all those that used it.
Current trans mission rates are among those that don't.
Fine, now show us the stats that support that claim, Snyper.

See the problem? There are none -- at least that support your safe-sex claim.

Meanwhile, the CDC has been turning in stats that don't support your safe-sex theory for over 30 years.

You can't have it both ways, fella. If you say safe-sex works, you should have the stats that prove this -- you don't!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
The real question is why your being for or against it matters one whit.
----------
West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette; 319 U.S. 624 (1943) Majority -
"The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts. One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections ... "
" ... we apply the limitations of the Constitution with no fear that freedom to be intellectually and spiritually diverse or even contrary will disintegrate the social organization ... "
" ... We can have intellectual individualism and the rich cultural diversities that we owe to exceptional minds only at the price of occasional eccentricity and abnormal attitudes. When they are so harmless to others or to the State as those we deal with here, the price is not too great. But freedom to differ is not limited to things that do not matter much. That would be a mere shadow of freedom. The test of its substance is the right to differ as to things that touch the heart of the existing order ... "
" ... If there is any fixed star in our constitutional constellation, it is that no official, high or petty, can prescribe what shall be orthodox in politics, nationalism, religion, or other matters of opinion or force citizens to confess by word or act their faith therein. If there are any circumstances which permit an exception, they do not now occur to us ... "
Concurring - " ... Love of country must spring from willing hearts and free minds, inspired by a fair administration of wise laws enacted by the people's elected representatives within the bounds of express constitutional prohibitions ... "
----------
That's all good and well, Snyper, save for the fact that the group you're talking about is a sex cult.

Honestly, fella, how do you confuse men in penis suits waving erect penis banners with Civil Rights protesters who risked their lives in Selma?

Step us through the logic on that, fella.
Truth Matters

Thornhill, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably take delight in the suicides of young gay people who are rejected by their communities, don't you?
The responsibility for the death of every LGBT youth in our country rests squarely on the shoulders of those who insist that they are not to be valued for who they are.
You sir, encourage suicide.
Congratulations.
I am sorry that truth really hurts. Our sins separated us from God, the sin of homosexuality is just one of them. The youth who engaged in this practice need not to continue in this lifestyle, there are countless number of Christian organizations that helps people addicted to homosexuality. Therefore suicide is not a solution for them. We must encourage them to lead a normal life, this will be a turning point in their lives.
Truth Matters

Thornhill, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually YOU need psychological help. You're brainwashed by a cult and you're harming others with judgmentalism, self-righteousness, ignorance and bigotry.
You must know that a society that promotes this lifestyle self destructs itself. A marriage between man and a woman is the one that builds a society that God intended.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Gary, the majority of Americans now support SSM.
Judges have ruled, and will continue to rule, that referendums defining marriage as one man/one woman are unconstitutional.
The Supreme Court has confirmed that there is NO basis in denying marriage equality.
All of the above boils down to one point: SSM does not deny or remove rights from those who already have them. Hence, the basis of my question.
I get that you don't like it. I get that you find certain sex acts repugnant. There are a lot of sex acts that I find repugnant, but I don't use those as a basis for denial of rights.
You'll never have to like SSM. That's OK. I gladly support your right to have an opinion and to voice that opinion. Your opinion, however, also doesn't get to serve as the basis for denial of rights. I know you hate the comparison, but kindly remember how many people had strong opinions about inter-racial marriage. In spite of those opinions, inter-racial marriage became a reality. As an aside, some of the most beautiful children I've ever seen were from inter-racial marriages. Please don't take that to a wildly creepy place.
Thank you for answering the question.
Stop masturbating.

Your question signified nothing. Moreover, it was answered weeks ago -- you just kept asking it because you stupidly thought you were breaking new ground with it. I told you weren't but you forged on. You wanted to believe you were doing something no one else had done before. You actually were -- chasing your own tail.

And in a few days you'll roll out another stupid pet trick and that's because you simply have no idea how forums actually work. You think you can come where with your lame LGBT slogans and win every argument. You think you can affect the "clever gay" persona and it will crush the opposition. Part of your problem, Dusty, is you're neither well-read nor well-educated. In gay circles you're revered because you're a school teachers -- but that's because most gay males are waiters, sex industry workers, and towel boys.

Start reading and keep it up for about five years and maybe you'll be able to keep up with me.

Maybe ...
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You homophobes always talk about taxes as if gay people don't pay them.
Just admit you are against gay marriage because you are a bigot.
Stereotyping again. You KNOW that I've expressed quite lucidly how my mindset works. You are just in denial and you're quite happy to dump your trash on the Indian Reservation because the gubbermint smiled and looked the other way.

You know the truth. We know the truth. In the end, you both WILL pay.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that supposed to make any sense?
<quoted text>
If what were you? A dog's backside? Well, relax, it is.
<quoted text>
Typical homophobe, YOU search the internet for a forum called "Gay marriage", then come in and complain that gay people are looking for attention. Hey, fundie, why not just go to another of the tens of thousands of topics that have nothing to do with gay people?
Why hatred?
It's because you have trouble dealing with your own same sex attractions. What other reason could there be?
<quoted text>
Not too late, make a New Year's Resolution not to post drunk!
<quoted text>
Rationalize? I'm a straight chick, ever single time I had sex, I took steps, before or after, to make sure I didn't reproduce. Didn't have to rationalize anything, I just didn't want the burden of raising children, but I wanted the fun of sex.
You seem kind of jealous of people who are free to have sex without guilt.
<quoted text>
You con dumbs just love to rant about "liberals". At least take off the tin foil hats before you do. They are on way too tight.
Rose! You've picked up on Lides parse bunny antics!

Try again to construct a coherent rebuttal.....and don't worry about my sense of confidence. I'm not the one who parses up posts to fit one's tiny-weeny sound bites nor do I spew out obscene vitriol.

Try again.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
How does it "affects" your taxes?
We've been paying taxes all our lives, too.
You're saying that we have to pay in, but aren't entitled to draw out like you can?
Marry someone of the opposite sex and you can too! I still object to it. Nobody has any business penalizing me for staying single.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

Nine Ball wrote:
<quoted text> While I say that gays have a right to do their things in private I do not think that they or what they do are normal. I have only been hit on by one in my life but that is enough. I was 14 or 15 and we was driving all night to Florida. I told my pap that I had to go and he told me to hold it until we came to the next rest stop on I75. By that time I needed to go bad so I never noticed the one man in the place. I stepped up to the peeing place and cut loose. He followed me in and looked me over from head to foot. Then he told me that I had a nice one and asked if I wanted a B J. I asked him what that was and he told me that he wanted to suck it and make me come from my toes. That lacked to have scared me to death. I got out of there fast and never told my father because I knew that he would have got into a fight and probably got in trouble. Ain't all of them like that, but the though of what he wanted to do to me makes my skin crawl and that butt thing would be worse. Flat out it ain't normal and all the talk about two gays marrying don't change nothing for me.
I had a similar experience in a mall at about the same age. I wasn't sure if making a commotion was the right thing but when I got up, he got up so I sat and he sat. Then I got up and moved straight for the crowd while he sneaked away.

Yeah! Charming old creeps who just need a 14 year old and some o' dat gubbermint money!

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

garylloyd wrote:
What's Normal?
Perhaps the easiest way to answer the question "What's Normal?" is to first answer the question "What's abnormal?"...
Being obsessed with the sex acts others engage in is abnormal.

anonymous

Absecon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Lides has convinced himself the Framers of the 14th Amendment were all for homosexual marriage but knew the country wasn't ready for it in 1868 so wanted to make-sure when the country was ready for it, the 14th Amendment would be open-ended enough to provide the legal foundation needed.
Sure, his interpretation is a little convoluted, but the subject is a little convoluted. Take male-to-male anal sex, for example. Since safe-sex has proved such a dismal failure Lides and the LGBT have come up with a new slogan:
"If you take your meds, gay sex can be just as safe as straight sex."
Lides thinks that "close scrutiny" means that judges have a mandate to conduct any kind of vigilante legal decisions they can get their hands on in the name of the party.

But let's face it. Both parties are complete scum. Filth! Nasty prostitutes. Nothing more needs said. Something needs done.

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

Nine Ball wrote:
<quoted text> While I say that gays have a right to do their things in private I do not think that they or what they do are normal. I have only been hit on by one in my life but that is enough. I was 14 or 15 and we was driving all night to Florida. I told my pap that I had to go and he told me to hold it until we came to the next rest stop on I75. By that time I needed to go bad so I never noticed the one man in the place. I stepped up to the peeing place and cut loose. He followed me in and looked me over from head to foot. Then he told me that I had a nice one and asked if I wanted a B J. I asked him what that was and he told me that he wanted to suck it and make me come from my toes. That lacked to have scared me to death. I got out of there fast and never told my father because I knew that he would have got into a fight and probably got in trouble. Ain't all of them like that, but the though of what he wanted to do to me makes my skin crawl and that butt thing would be worse. Flat out it ain't normal and all the talk about two gays marrying don't change nothing for me.
Ever notice the homophobes post the most detailed homoerotic fantasies?
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you be ANY less scientific, and any MORE moralizing?
You don't consider the NY Times credible? I'm not sure why the link, but according to the article, male homosexuals appear to be the least interested in getting a prescription for the preventative drug. Says a lot about the culture if you ask me, but it is anecdotal so I wouldn't label it "science". No, I'd be inclined to call it a variant of a "death wish" where the individual has rejected the female aspect of it and feels the need to overcompensate with forms of self-destructive behavior.

How self-destructive does a male need to be before it's a mental illness anyway? After all, we all know that real men have to do what real men have to do! Nowadays, that seems to be about volunteering for the military and doing really stupid things in the name of our country!

Yeah! I'm still trying to figure that out too!

Tell us more about your mother!:o)

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

Nine Ball wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me tell you again. Marriage has been around for hundreds of years. I reckon that there have always been gays for hundreds of years too. But doing it between a man and woman is the natural way. A man's tally whacker just fits the wife's thing. That is the way nature made us. Now a gay dreams of doing with another man, but that man ain't got no poon tang, so he has to go away from nature and use what nature made to chew food and to pass out poop.
Most men doing that have a vagina an inch away, anything to say about them?
Most likely your mom has taken it up her rear at least once.
Anything to say to her?
Nine Ball wrote:
It ain't normal or natural. Get it so far? So the gays want everybody to think that they are normal and natural so the demand that they get married too. They think that people will then think that they are normal. Ain't going to happen. You may be married to another gay, but you still ain't normal and I don't care how many states approve gay marriage you won't ever be. Do you get it? You don't? Tough.
I get that you are a bigot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••