Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61384 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

garylloyd

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#16763 Jan 2, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
None of your rant actually has anything to do with "gay marriage", or as we now call it "marriage equality."
Please elucidate for us the sodomy laws that apply to marriage.
How has my marriage had any affect on yours?
It hasn't.

Now a question for you, Dusty: What makes you think your marriage has to affect my marriage in order for me to have a valid reason to be against it?

The point, Dusty, is you're using poorly-thought out LGBT rebuttals to make your argument -- rebuttals even the LGBT doesn't use any more.

In other words, you're a weak thinker and uninformed poster.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#16765 Jan 2, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
It hasn't.
Now a question for you, Dusty: What makes you think your marriage has to affect my marriage in order for me to have a valid reason to be against it?
The point, Dusty, is you're using poorly-thought out LGBT rebuttals to make your argument -- rebuttals even the LGBT doesn't use any more.
Gary, the majority of Americans now support SSM.
Judges have ruled, and will continue to rule, that referendums defining marriage as one man/one woman are unconstitutional.
The Supreme Court has confirmed that there is NO basis in denying marriage equality.
All of the above boils down to one point: SSM does not deny or remove rights from those who already have them. Hence, the basis of my question.

I get that you don't like it. I get that you find certain sex acts repugnant. There are a lot of sex acts that I find repugnant, but I don't use those as a basis for denial of rights.

You'll never have to like SSM. That's OK. I gladly support your right to have an opinion and to voice that opinion. Your opinion, however, also doesn't get to serve as the basis for denial of rights. I know you hate the comparison, but kindly remember how many people had strong opinions about inter-racial marriage. In spite of those opinions, inter-racial marriage became a reality. As an aside, some of the most beautiful children I've ever seen were from inter-racial marriages. Please don't take that to a wildly creepy place.

Thank you for answering the question.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#16766 Jan 2, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you DO care, or you wouldn't be trolling your sexual fantasies here.
Hint- straight men don't hang out on gay forums obsessing about man-on-man anal & oral sex.
This is not a "gay forum". It is a public forum to discuss gay marriage.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#16767 Jan 2, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
ANAL SEX IS THE DEAL BREAKER
The one thing these fellows can't get around is male-to-male anal sex. That's the 500 pound gorilla in the room, that's the beast they've been wrestling with for the past 30 years.
They can't find a way of doing it without catching HIV. In the beginning the rallying cry was "Safe-Sex" and "It's the virus, Stupid!", and these concepts seemed all the explanation needed. But after 30 years neither the virus nor safe-sex can explain why gay males are still dropping like flies.
There's only one explanation -- male to male anal sex, but to admit that is like telling Virginia Santa Claus is a big fat fake -- if Santa Claus is a fake, what else is there to believe in?
I've posted the latest CDC stats a dozen times. An even more disturbing stat comes from a recent article in the New Times that reports 57% of gay males don't use condoms.
Let's be brutally honest about what this little factoid means: it means a kid "coming out" has better than a 50-50 chance of hooking up with a guy who doesn't use condoms. It means, if he's 20 when he starts out, he'll probably be on meds by the time he's 30 ... if he's still alive.
Sources:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/31/health/a-re...
http://www.blackdigest.com/forum/viewtopic.ph...
Yet another irrational irrelevant inaccurate post from our favorite closet case Gary-KiMare.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#16768 Jan 2, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, a marriage between a same-sex couple is exactly the same as a marriage between an opposite-sex couple;
Except for that significant difference, one is husband AND wife, the other isn't.
that's why the state issues the EXACT SAME marriage license for both.
Uhhh....huh....so that must mean men and women are interchangeable androgynous beings.

Your moronic analogy fails

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#16769 Jan 2, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Gary, the majority of Americans now support SSM.
Judges have ruled, and will continue to rule, that referendums defining marriage as one man/one woman are unconstitutional.
If so, the limiting it to two people are also unconstitutional.
The Supreme Court has confirmed that there is NO basis in denying marriage equality.
Or did they simply accept several states rejection of conjugality as the basis of legal marriage.
All of the above boils down to one point: SSM does not deny or remove rights from those who already have them. Hence, the basis of my question.
Nor would allowing plural marriage, or even sibling marriage.
You'll never have to like SSM. That's OK. I gladly support your right to have an opinion and to voice that opinion. Your opinion, however, also doesn't get to serve as the basis for denial of rights. I know you hate the comparison, but kindly remember how many people had strong opinions about inter-racial marriage. In spite of those opinions, inter-racial marriage became a reality.
Yet interracial marriage WAS LEGAL at certain places and times BEFORE the Virginia ban. Nor did alter the basic understanding of marriage as a conjugal union.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#16770 Jan 2, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet another irrational irrelevant inaccurate post from our favorite closet case Gary-KiMare.
Yet another irrelevant response from our favorite dope, Sheepie.
Poof

Rock Island, IL

#16771 Jan 2, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not a "gay forum". It is a public forum to discuss gay marriage.
Tell Gary Lloyd that
Poof

Rock Island, IL

#16772 Jan 2, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet another irrelevant response from our favorite dope, Sheepie.
Putz
Truth Matters

Thornhill, Canada

#16773 Jan 2, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
None of your rant actually has anything to do with "gay marriage", or as we now call it "marriage equality."
Please elucidate for us the sodomy laws that apply to marriage.
Your relationship is based on unnatural sex. It has no relevance to marriage. Marriage is between a man and a woman set in heaven. You need psychological help

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#16774 Jan 2, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
What's Normal?
Perhaps the easiest way to answer the question "What's Normal?" is to first answer the question "What's abnormal?"
A behavior that is life-threatening is surely abnormal. Recently, the New York Times reported 57% of gay men do not use condoms.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/31/health/a-re...
This is a chilling statistic because it is clear evidence of the myth of "safe" male-to-male anal sex. If 57% of gay men don't use condoms how can any gay men safely have sex? They can't -- a fact indicated by the CDC's recent report that gay males make-up 78% of all new HIV cases (male):
http://www.blackdigest.com/forum/viewtopic.ph...
All this some 30 years after universal "safe-sex" education. Everyone knows the importance of using condoms by now, gay males are just not using them.
Gay activists respond by directing our attention to Africa where heterosexuals make-up most HIV cases -- but how does this mitigate the shocking morbidity of male-to-male sex here in the States?
Can you be ANY less scientific, and any MORE moralizing?

Location hidden

#16775 Jan 2, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, it affects my taxes.
You're just going to ignore that like anyone taking from the gubbermint pot would.
We, the people, not the entitled, so note it.
How does it "affects" your taxes?

We've been paying taxes all our lives, too.

You're saying that we have to pay in, but aren't entitled to draw out like you can?

Location hidden

#16776 Jan 2, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Lides has convinced himself the Framers of the 14th Amendment were all for homosexual marriage but knew the country wasn't ready for it in 1868 so wanted to make-sure when the country was ready for it, the 14th Amendment would be open-ended enough to provide the legal foundation needed.
Sure, his interpretation is a little convoluted, but the subject is a little convoluted. Take male-to-male anal sex, for example. Since safe-sex has proved such a dismal failure Lides and the LGBT have come up with a new slogan:
"If you take your meds, gay sex can be just as safe as straight sex."
Safer sex has worked for all those that used it.

Current trans mission rates are among those that don't.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#16777 Jan 2, 2014
Truth Matters wrote:
<quoted text>Your relationship is based on unnatural sex. It has no relevance to marriage. Marriage is between a man and a woman set in heaven. You need psychological help
Your opinion is duly noted.
It is, however, irrelevant to my marriage.
Thanks for sharing.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#16778 Jan 2, 2014
Truth Matters wrote:
<quoted text>Your relationship is based on unnatural sex. It has no relevance to marriage. Marriage is between a man and a woman set in heaven. You need psychological help
Actually YOU need psychological help. You're brainwashed by a cult and you're harming others with judgmentalism, self-righteousness, ignorance and bigotry.

Location hidden

#16779 Jan 2, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.gvsu.edu/allies/a-brief-history-of...
A Brief History of Homosexuality in America
By Milt Ford, Professor of Liberal Studies, GVSU
Despite the fact that humans have never limited their sexual pleasure to what we now call heterosexual intercourse, the history of homosexuality is relatively short. The genital anatomy of one's partners-or what Freud calls one's "object choice"-did not become the definitive criterion for distinguishing homosexual and heterosexual selves until the last third of the nineteenth century. During the 1860's and 70's European public administrators began noticing that some people were organizing their lives not around family, household, and reproduction but around various forms of sexual pleasure. This was probably a recent phenomenon made possible by the forces of capitalism, which tended to draw people off the land into cities away from their parishes and families and to reduce the importance of arranged marriage. Alarmed, officials began studying these populations, whom they characterized as sexual deviants and grouped according to the particular practices they engaged in. One such class of deviant came to be called "homosexuals.
Typical freudian pseudo-science throughout.

Reification Fallacy.

Location hidden

#16780 Jan 2, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
It hasn't.
The real question is why your being for or against it matters one whit.

----------
West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette; 319 U.S. 624 (1943) Majority -

"The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts. One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections ... "

" ... we apply the limitations of the Constitution with no fear that freedom to be intellectually and spiritually diverse or even contrary will disintegrate the social organization ... "

" ... We can have intellectual individualism and the rich cultural diversities that we owe to exceptional minds only at the price of occasional eccentricity and abnormal attitudes. When they are so harmless to others or to the State as those we deal with here, the price is not too great. But freedom to differ is not limited to things that do not matter much. That would be a mere shadow of freedom. The test of its substance is the right to differ as to things that touch the heart of the existing order ... "

" ... If there is any fixed star in our constitutional constellation, it is that no official, high or petty, can prescribe what shall be orthodox in politics, nationalism, religion, or other matters of opinion or force citizens to confess by word or act their faith therein. If there are any circumstances which permit an exception, they do not now occur to us ... "

Concurring - " ... Love of country must spring from willing hearts and free minds, inspired by a fair administration of wise laws enacted by the people's elected representatives within the bounds of express constitutional prohibitions ... "
----------
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#16781 Jan 2, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
It hasn't.
How about you answer this question Princess. What makes you think you have the right to be against his marriage? The REAL point is that you DON'T!

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#16782 Jan 2, 2014
Truth Matters wrote:
You probably take delight in the suicides of young gay people who are rejected by their communities, don't you?
The responsibility for the death of every LGBT youth in our country rests squarely on the shoulders of those who insist that they are not to be valued for who they are.
You sir, encourage suicide.
Congratulations.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#16783 Jan 2, 2014
Since licensing same sex marriage destroys the perfect sex integration and diversity of marriage's one man and one woman affirmative action in favor of voluntary sex segregation; most Americans oppose it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 5 min neighbor 2,427
News Judge rejects couple's argument for refusing ga... 25 min Get Real 226
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 29 min Get Real 10,372
News Senate candidate Roy Moore says gay sex is "the... 46 min Imprtnrd 52
News Cake fundraiser supports gay marriage as Suprem... 1 hr Wondering 63
News Gay teen against same-sex marriage heckled at u... 1 hr Wondering 67
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr cpeter1313 56,202
More from around the web