Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61394 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#11587 Dec 3, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's another one with the same theme -- "Don't believe the CDC reports because they're just estimates."
Make no mistake about it: denial like his is the reason that 30 years after the epidemic, gay males are still dying from AIDS in record numbers -- ignorance!
Worse still, people like this one are in the school teaching kids anal sex is normal and safe -- and no one is more responsible for this abomination than, YOU, Mr. Liberal.
You're the one who unleashed these maniac sex cultists on the public and schools --- YOU!
No, people are still getting infected with HIV because they continue to have unprotected sex or share dirty needles with people who are infected. That applies to both gay AND straight.

Tawas City, Michigan

#11588 Dec 3, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Love the spin. According to all credible peer reviewed studies by unbiased researchers most gay men have anal sex and most straight men do not.
More irrelevant estimates.

What does that have to do with marriage equality?

Tawas City, Michigan

#11589 Dec 3, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
But what does that have to do with gay males being 75% of all new (male) HIV?
That's the question, fella. You question is just masturbation.
They're not.

Next estimate?

Tawas City, Michigan

#11590 Dec 3, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
You answer tells me you don't want to talk about CDC stats.
CDC estimates are useless.

I wish they would get some actual hard figures which WOULD be useful.

Guestimating that 75% of all women have herpes is a meaningless "statistic".

Tawas City, Michigan

#11591 Dec 3, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, fella, we've been educating you gays about safe sex for the past 30 years.
When are you going to start practicing it?
The overwhelming majority of us DO practice safe sex, which is why the overwhelming majority of us don't have HIV.

The younger generation now contracting HIV wasn't around during the big AIDS scare of the 80's, so they aren't as aware of the dangers. To them it seems like something from the "old" generation.

Obviously we need to refocus the educational measures, especially in inner city minority areas.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#11592 Dec 3, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a word salad? It was clearly written, one idea per paragraph and the process of thinking out the position was presented in a very linear form.
"Whatever...that's just a word salad."; a very simple question for you! What is "that"?
Don't talk to ME about "word salad" when you can't even present your ideas with more than a grade school level of writing skill.
Rosa is the classic blonde, incapable of reason. A waste of any man's time.

Location hidden

#11593 Dec 3, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
http://www.newoxfordreview.org /reviews.jsp?print=1&did=1 294-viscuso
Refutes Boswell's work.
<quoted text>
Thanks Pietro!

Location hidden

#11594 Dec 3, 2013
cancer suxs wrote:
<quoted text>
Kids being taught that hate and bigotry is bad is no problem. Homesexualism is not bad or gross...now it is not normal but then neither is being left handed but discrimination is EVIL..
So your saying your marriage is public matter and we should be able to tell you who you can and can not marry also???
You see slippery slope here if you want bans on gay marriage soon we could be banning you from marriage...FRREEDOM AND MORE OF IT IS GOOD...REGULATION BAD.
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.

At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Ss couples are a failure of mating behavior making ss marriage an oxymoron.

Location hidden

#11595 Dec 3, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Still irrelevant.
Same-sex couples can marry.
Get over it.
Go play with your dusty crusty rusty musty mangina.
Really?

SS couples are only ever mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage.

Makes ss marriage an oxymoron.

Moron.

Tawas City, Michigan

#11597 Dec 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Ss couples are a failure of mating behavior making ss marriage an oxymoron.
And yet you STILL haven't prevented us from marrying.

Tawas City, Michigan

#11598 Dec 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
SS couples are only ever mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage.
Makes ss marriage an oxymoron.
Moron.

Location hidden

#11599 Dec 3, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you can't read or don't like the sites DOESN'T make them less informative and toss your BS garbage out the window!!!
I've read the gay sites. I also read authentic historical sites. There is a difference.

Do you want to discuss the history of ss marriage? Please, choose which example.

Tawas City, Michigan

#11600 Dec 3, 2013
Maybe after another 11,600 posts you anti-gays will realize you are accomplishing nothing.

Marriage equality will be a reality nationwide by the end of the decade.

Location hidden

#11601 Dec 3, 2013
cancer suxs wrote:
<quoted text>
You just proved me right. The sex is not the problem. The problem is not being careful. So education about safe sex practice is what is needed. Your just blame "gay sex" is BS>
Gay sex if done right is just as safe as any sex. If you as a man have sex with women with AIDS you will most likely get AIDS...SO STOP BLAMING GAY PEOPLE..
Oh and world wide more straight sex people get AIDS then gay....I know I know facts bother you but there it is.
Did you really equate anal sex with natural sex?

Paul Angelo MHA, MBA, the Miami Gay Matchmaker who incorporates health, relationship and lifestyle coaching has again "gone wild" with the intention to save the gay community from poor self-esteem, lack of confidence and relationship confusion.

Angelo explains that receptive anal sex decreases self esteem by forcing the person to assume a submissive position during an act of pleasure. This confuses the brain to believe that a feminine-like behavior is appropriate for a man and in turn reduces the man's assertiveness, confidence and will power.

Angelo says: "From Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP), we know that a person's thinking is strongly influenced by his body position. The fastest way to increase satisfaction and self-esteem is to align the thinking with the position/movement of the body, commonly referred to as a mind-body connection. This is often achieved through physical exercise, meditation and affirmations.

For example, if you say to yourself -'yes I can do it' and if you flex your arm, clench your fist and bend your knees all in one move - you get a strong feeling of power.

When the body performs activities that are not in congruence with the beliefs and logic of the brain, conflict is created and with each repetition of the act, self-esteem of the person is reduced."

Angelo explains that because men behave differently than women, the brain is taught to accept as valid all behaviors that are associated with masculinity and strength. The moment that the brain receives messages that are NOT congruent with the definition of masculinity - the person gets confused.

Aggressive or "pushy" bottoms are an example of this confusion. Those are gay men who succeeded in business and show masculinity in day-to-day life, but in the bedroom - end up engaging in receptive anal intercourse.

"The worse part about this destruction of self-esteem is that it's on the subconscious level. A person will not feel anything during the act. And the pleasure derived from the act will override the logic necessary to correct the behavior. In addition, there is a delay between the act of anal intercourse and the reduction of self-esteem of the person" says Angelo.

"If you were to put all gay men together in a big warehouse and place the 'bottoms' on the left and the 'tops' on the right, you'd start seeing negative consequences of the anal sex play out in real life for the bottoms such as: disrespect for their general health, failure at work, failure in love and relationships." says Angelo.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

garylloyd

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#11602 Dec 3, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I could just as easily say 90% of heteros have syphilis based on an estimate of a particular public health clinic.
That estimate would have as much validity as your 36% figure.
I'm going to tell you like I told the other idiot who believes the CDC stats are meaningless: you're trying to win this debate using stupidity and that's not going to work.

So, keep railing against the CDC and all the other science you find upsetting. This is an open forum and you can make a fool of yourself if you wish, for as long as you wish.

I won't be the person enabling you, however.

This CDC discussion is over ... for me.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#11603 Dec 3, 2013
cancer suxs wrote:
<quoted text>
Straight people are dumb about safe sex also should straight people be banned from marriage?
You should support SSM so people enter into two person sex only that will help end AIDS.
Again more people world wide get AIDS from straight sex then gay....JUST A FACT.
Hardly a reasonable point when 98% of the population is straight.

Percentages within orientation are the only valid comparisons.

Why are you fudging?

Smile.

Location hidden

#11604 Dec 3, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I have yet to 'see' a ss couple married.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#11606 Dec 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#11607 Dec 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read the gay sites. I also read authentic historical sites. There is a difference.
Do you want to discuss the history of ss marriage? Please, choose which example.
You're NOT interested in discussing marriage because if you were you'd UNDERSTAND that "GAY" or
"SAME-SEX" marriage simply DOESN'T exist!!!!

And just because people like you and Pete don't want to believe what happen in the past.....it doesn't mean it DIDN'T happen!!!

See, for everything you post....there is another site that will disagree with your site.......some sites are more credible than others!!!

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#11608 Dec 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So, just because you HAVEN'T seen a wedding ceremony involving 2 men or 2 women DOESN'T mean they haven't taken place!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 4 min Jonah1 18,199
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 36 min tbird19482 40,233
News Priests and nuns hold bizarre ceremony to 'puri... 52 min Toby 4
News New Jersey shore town won't settle yet with gay... 1 hr Toby 3
News Transgender stories: when you are born in the w... 1 hr Toby 12
News 10 Reasons Why You Should Help Fight Biphobia i... 3 hr Christsharian Col... 31
News 4 responses to Tim Kaine's claims about Genesis... 6 hr david traversa 1
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 10 hr Little Cheerleader 68,988
More from around the web