Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61396 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#11503 Dec 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a heads up, marriage has existed in every single culture in ALL of recorded human history! 8,000 years, not 500.
Actually NOT correct......Marriage as we know it today has ONLY been around roughly 600 years, prior to that......marriage was more for nobility than common folks, who would typically find someone of the opposite-sex and simply live together....which in time gave them a marriage, but NO ceremony or record of the event was noted unless in a family tree.

This article will explain marriage to you in the Western Civilization:
http://www.sexarchive.info/ATLAS_EN/html/hist...

As for Same-Sex couples marrying......there is recorded history of that as well. There is a picture hanging in the Kiev Museum depicting two Saints in a marital ritual with Jesus in the middle appearing to bless the union. Here is the article:
http://anthropologist.livejournal.com/1314574...

Oh and repeating the question about a Butch Lesbian has already been answered several times!!!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#11504 Dec 3, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually NOT correct......Marriage as we know it today has ONLY been around roughly 600 years, prior to that......marriage was more for nobility than common folks, who would typically find someone of the opposite-sex and simply live together....which in time gave them a marriage, but NO ceremony or record of the event was noted unless in a family tree.
As for Same-Sex couples marrying......there is recorded history of that as well. There is a picture hanging in the Kiev Museum depicting two Saints in a marital ritual with Jesus in the middle appearing to bless the union. Here is the article:
Oh and repeating the question about a Butch Lesbian has already been answered several times!!!
Honey, get off the gay twirl sites. Marriage is primarily a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. Just what did all the 'common couples' do? Do you understand how stupid that explanation is?

Same with the Saints in dresses. Debunked a long time ago.

Oh, please, explain the butch lesbian answer one more time...
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#11505 Dec 3, 2013
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>so we simply have another mindless zealot who is incapable of separating government and religion.
God is not government simpleton. Laws are made by man.
If you want religion, go to church
..yes, we have another mindless zealot. You argue with him! He's no more rational and no less the simpleton than gays seeking gubbermint money and convinced that others shouldn't get any. Not my problem unless I CHOOSE it to be.

...and since I have the freedom to choose, I choose not to get involved.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#11506 Dec 3, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't knock it until you try it.
While putting on a stunning display of libertarian mush, that says nothing. Being free to choose means being free to choose according your your desires, not because anyone else has dared you to do something.

This is why straights often tend to group homosexuals with pedophiles. People like you tend to use homosexuality to try to play on the pride of inexperienced youth. When confronted, you always retreat into a choreographed fantasy of driving off a cliff like Thelma and Louise when you're not making ridiculous claims about being role model parents.

Most people like to rebel against "the Man". You're NOT "the Man". You're a bad example for the young to follow, and there's a political party that fancies itself a smart little matador facing down an evil conservative bull. There's two problems with that. First, our citizens of Conservative leanings are not evil. Second, using our youth for political advantage IS evil.

The only message that need be given to the youth is very simply "How is that driving a car off a cliff working out for you?" I'm confident that it needs little further explanation, but when others start getting hurt, the price will go up even for the young. Too bad most parents don't have the clarity of knowing when to allow their young to be independent and when to rein them in but then again, it seems that parents have largely given away their responsibilities as parents.

I saw a wonderful Christmas shopping commercial just yesterday with a mother dreaming of getting her son to move out. No doubt cutting into her pension plan, eh? Yeah. I think we all know where the problem is.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#11507 Dec 3, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
You fellows have a foolproof system: Whenever someone disagrees with something in your agenda, you just call him a bigot and you win the day.
Humor me, though -- why do you think you were born with the impulse to have anal sex?
We know heteros have various biological responses that propel them to have sex. Are you saying the same pattern exists in gay males -- that for them, anal sex is instinctual?
The penis was clearly designed for insertion in the vagina -- do you believe it was designed for insertion in the anus as well? If so, what specific biological purpose does that serve? How does it propagate the species?
If it quacks like a bigot, it's a bigot. Own up to it. You're the one shooting your mouth off with hate speech and dehumanizing gays. As for your question, I'll answer it with one..What Fking business is it of yours, what I fk and how I do it? YOU ARE NOT THE MORAL POLICE! AND yes it was designed for what I put it in and it's MINE to do what I want to with it. I don't need to 'propagate' the species, you're having too many kids as it is. Unless you're a total Moron, I don't think when you go at it with the wifey that your primary concern is 'propagation of the species' either! You clowns are all a like, you want to point fingers and say how bad gays are, but the things you do to each other, your own wives and children are abominable. Story after story of Rape, Incest, degradation of women, hell I can post 3 current stories right now of mothers selling their children for sex, but those aren't your concern right? You are so fixated with gays, how gays have sex and what they do, rather than looking at yourself and trying to make a difference. You'd rather be on here spouting hate speech and THAT is what makes you a bigot and sick piece of sh+t! OWN IT!

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#11508 Dec 3, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
While putting on a stunning display of libertarian mush, that says nothing. Being free to choose means being free to choose according your your desires, not because anyone else has dared you to do something.
This is why straights often tend to group homosexuals with pedophiles. People like you tend to use homosexuality to try to play on the pride of inexperienced youth. When confronted, you always retreat into a choreographed fantasy of driving off a cliff like Thelma and Louise when you're not making ridiculous claims about being role model parents.
Most people like to rebel against "the Man". You're NOT "the Man". You're a bad example for the young to follow, and there's a political party that fancies itself a smart little matador facing down an evil conservative bull. There's two problems with that. First, our citizens of Conservative leanings are not evil. Second, using our youth for political advantage IS evil.
The only message that need be given to the youth is very simply "How is that driving a car off a cliff working out for you?" I'm confident that it needs little further explanation, but when others start getting hurt, the price will go up even for the young. Too bad most parents don't have the clarity of knowing when to allow their young to be independent and when to rein them in but then again, it seems that parents have largely given away their responsibilities as parents.
I saw a wonderful Christmas shopping commercial just yesterday with a mother dreaming of getting her son to move out. No doubt cutting into her pension plan, eh? Yeah. I think we all know where the problem is.
Whatever...that's just a word salad.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#11511 Dec 3, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever...that's just a word salad.
Just a word salad? It was clearly written, one idea per paragraph and the process of thinking out the position was presented in a very linear form.

"Whatever...that's just a word salad."; a very simple question for you! What is "that"?

Don't talk to ME about "word salad" when you can't even present your ideas with more than a grade school level of writing skill.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#11512 Dec 3, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
If it quacks like a bigot, it's a bigot. Own up to it. You're the one shooting your mouth off with hate speech and dehumanizing gays. As for your question, I'll answer it with one..What Fking business is it of yours, what I fk and how I do it? YOU ARE NOT THE MORAL POLICE! AND yes it was designed for what I put it in and it's MINE to do what I want to with it. I don't need to 'propagate' the species, you're having too many kids as it is. Unless you're a total Moron, I don't think when you go at it with the wifey that your primary concern is 'propagation of the species' either! You clowns are all a like, you want to point fingers and say how bad gays are, but the things you do to each other, your own wives and children are abominable. Story after story of Rape, Incest, degradation of women, hell I can post 3 current stories right now of mothers selling their children for sex, but those aren't your concern right? You are so fixated with gays, how gays have sex and what they do, rather than looking at yourself and trying to make a difference. You'd rather be on here spouting hate speech and THAT is what makes you a bigot and sick piece of sh+t! OWN IT!
Scream all you want. We have a police. We have laws. We have moral standards imposed on us by the collective majority. Discussion forums exist to work out those moral standards, but dancing down the isles and labeling people bigots solves nothing.

It DOES provide proof of your own bigotry!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#11513 Dec 3, 2013
http://www.newoxfordreview.org/reviews.jsp...

Refutes Boswell's work.
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#11514 Dec 3, 2013
garylIoyd wrote:
<quoted text>
That would make sense, except for the fact that it's been legal for decades in other countries, and it's now legal in the US.
Which cultures have finished, BTW?
No, it's legal in certain states. Obama's record for giving benefits to gay couples may play heavily in the next election, but then again, it may not matter at all. Conservatives just go on stuffing their money bags and preparing a big send-off for the average American.

Just keep a happy song in your heads! "Things that make you go "DUUUUHHHH!"

garylloyd

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#11515 Dec 3, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a bigot -- I'm a homophobe, and a proud one at that.

You fellows try the blur the lines between the two and have caused great confusion doing so. You want people to believe that anyone who doesn't want his kid to grow up to be queer, is a hater. But it's the duty of the parent to prevent their kids from growing up queer. In fact, weren't this the case, none of us would be here to day.

That's right -- homophobia assured the preservation of the species.

There's no middle ground here. There's no way of coexisting with you people. Look at your gay bars -- why are they still around 30 years after the repeal of sodomy laws? Why will they be around 100 years from now? You people don't want to integrate -- you can't.

You want to screw men and boys and that will never change. And that will always make you a menace.

garylloyd

Location hidden

#11516 Dec 3, 2013
Here's a very simple proposition a lot of you liberals are ether too stupid to grasp or are in denial about -- gay males want to screw your sons!

If I told you the guy next door wanted to screw your daughter you'd answer, "What else is new?" In other words, you wouldn't doubt it. The cop on the corner wants to screw your daughter, her school teacher wants to bang her out, even your loser brother would give her the meat if he thought he could get away with it.

Yet when I tell you gay guys want to screw your sons you scream in protest and call me a bigot.

Gays don't want to get married. Ten years after same-sex marriage in Massachusetts less than 5% of gay males are married.

Imagine walking into a bar filled with hot chicks knowing you can go home with any one of them you want. That's what being a gay male is -- walking into a gay bar and knowing you can go home with any hot guy in it.

Marriage...? Why? What for? Sure, when I'm 60 years old and ready to croak -- but now? What are you crazy?

"Hey, Marvin, tell that guy with the muscles, his money is no good. I'm paying for all his drinks tonight, and if he don't like, he can come to this end of the bar and make me suck his dick!"
Cancer suxs

Faribault, MN

#11517 Dec 3, 2013
Ok far right theocrats tell m how two men marrying each other effect you personally. Or effects anyone outside that said marriage.

This should be good since it doesn't effect anyone but two married..FACT.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#11518 Dec 3, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your point, you moron?
My obvious point was that you're a moron who doesn't understand statistics.

Without knowing how many gay men are in Baltimore it's impossible to know what percentage of them are HIV positive.

Tawas City, Michigan

#11519 Dec 3, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Hetero sex produces procreation, so it's safe to say, it's normal.
Anal sex produces disease, as borne out by the CDC stats that tell us gay males are 75% of all new HIV cases (male).
Obviously, anal sex is the abnormal behavior, Brainiac.
Except of course for the simple fact that you're incorrect as usual.

By that logic, male-female vaginal sex is an abnormal behavior because MILLIONS have contracted diseases (including HIV) from that behavior.

garylloyd

Location hidden

#11520 Dec 3, 2013
Cancer suxs wrote:
Ok far right theocrats tell m how two men marrying each other effect you personally. Or effects anyone outside that said marriage.
This should be good since it doesn't effect anyone but two married..FACT.
Hey, jackass, this has been discussed ad infinitum.

Same-sex marriage is a Trojan Horse -- the way LGBT activist groups like GLAAD, Gay-Straight Alliance Network, and NAMBLA gain access.

For example, in Massachusetts the public schools all teach "homosexual friendly" curriculum, thanks to same-sex marriage. Children are being taught "homosexuality is normal", same sex marriage is normal, transgender is normal, anal sex is normal. All this would not have happened had same-sex marriage been shot down ten years ago as it should have.

In other words, your suggestion that same-sex marriage is a private matter among gay couples is steeped in ignorance.

I hope that helps.

Tawas City, Michigan

#11521 Dec 3, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, according to the CDC 44% of straight men have tried anal sex at least once. And 65% of gay men routinely have anal sex.
Proving my statement that most gay men do anal sex and most straight men do not.
Spin it again dope.Try and new tack. Call me gay.
44% of straight men ADMIT to having anal sex.

That means it's more like 75% who actually do.

That's a majority any way you spin it.

Tawas City, Michigan

#11522 Dec 3, 2013
Star Wars No Gays wrote:
That was directed at the AIDS victim Sheeple.
Obama's going to cure ya, ya dope ya.
Since I don't have HIV I have nothing which needs curing.

But I welcome the President's efforts to help those who are infected.

It's called leadership.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#11523 Dec 3, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax fruitloops.

garylloyd

Location hidden

#11524 Dec 3, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
My obvious point was that you're a moron who doesn't understand statistics.
Without knowing how many gay men are in Baltimore it's impossible to know what percentage of them are HIV positive.
Oh, God -- does your monstrous stupidity have no end?

Are you actually saying that before we can say anything about gays in Baltimore we must know the exact number of gays in Baltimore?

Are you actually that stupid, Sheeple?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Greens against gay marriage plebiscite The Gree... 6 min Fa-Foxy 6
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 28 min WasteWater 15,979
News The 12 Best Dating Apps 1 hr NE Jade 2
News Transgender Ken doll cake triggers outrage afte... 1 hr Dunk 25
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 1 hr June VanDerMark 11,306
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 68,969
News Gay Republican Iowa Senate Hopeful: I'm Not the... 2 hr Ted Haggard s Gos... 3
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr Frankie Rizzo 38,789
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 4 hr Ted Haggard s Gos... 72
More from around the web