Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61405 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

garylloyd

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#9359 Nov 15, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't "totally debunked", the author honestly acknowledged its limitations, and it does have validity. The problem is there just aren't enough numbers of children being raised from birth, by same sex couples, male or female, who were together the entire time, from the birth of the child until age 18.
The whole point of being young and gay is to avoid the responsibility of marriage and family. This is the dirty little secret the LGBT doesn't want you to know. Thirty years after gay liberation there still aren't enough married with family gays to study. In Massachusetts ten years after same-sex marriage, less than 5% of gay males have married.

In other words, the monogamous married gay is a myth -- an LGBT marketing tool to fool gullible liberals into voting for SSM -- which translates into political power once signed into law.

Gay males don't get married once allowed to. Gay males run from marriage the way Dracula runs from the sun. Gay males want to be in their gay bathhouses and gay bars with a cute stranger's arm around their neck, not in some anonymous subdivision with some fat, boring queer who was so hot ten years ago.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#9360 Nov 16, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
It used to...
Things change.
Which is why many state marriage licenses are now Party A & Party B or something similar.
You're right, but not too many. Here's what I find amusing.

A bride: a woman
A groom: a man
Party A:?
Party B:?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#9361 Nov 16, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
It never started. How do you stop something that hasn't started?
The state laws, in any state, apply equally to everyone in that state. It doesn't get any more equal than that. If you don't like you state's law you can move or just deal with it.
lame dodge
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#9362 Nov 16, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah! A lesbian Freudian psychologist -- how timely!
Explain all the giant penises, penis hats, masks, penis suits seen during your gay "pride" parades.
And for extra credit -- these gay men in bottom-less leather chaps being led down the parade route on dog leashes by their "tops" -- what uplifting homosexual message are they trying to send?
make you tingly and anxious, does it?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#9363 Nov 16, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't "totally debunked", the author honestly acknowledged its limitations, and it does have validity. The problem is there just aren't enough numbers of children being raised from birth, by same sex couples, male or female, who were together the entire time, from the birth of the child until age 18.
If there aren't enough numbers, then it's ok to draw conclusions? I don't think so. Regnerus = junk science.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#9364 Nov 16, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
lame dodge
You would know, you are an expert at lame dodges.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#9365 Nov 16, 2013
anonymous wrote:
Pot, meet kettle!
Where have I presented statistics that I have not substantiated?
Do you actually understand what your quip means, or are you just parroting phrases?
garylloyd wrote:
I see -- and what about the farmer who wants to marry his mule?
Are you all for that too?
The mule can neither legally consent, nor can it enter into a legal contract. Your absurd hypothetical situation is already covered by current law.
KiMare wrote:
You should know the study. Regnerus.
That study has been largely discredited.
http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/10/30/1110...
What else do you have?

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#9366 Nov 16, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole point of being young and gay is to avoid the responsibility of marriage and family. This is the dirty little secret the LGBT doesn't want you to know. Thirty years after gay liberation there still aren't enough married with family gays to study. In Massachusetts ten years after same-sex marriage, less than 5% of gay males have married.
In other words, the monogamous married gay is a myth -- an LGBT marketing tool to fool gullible liberals into voting for SSM -- which translates into political power once signed into law.
Gay males don't get married once allowed to. Gay males run from marriage the way Dracula runs from the sun. Gay males want to be in their gay bathhouses and gay bars with a cute stranger's arm around their neck, not in some anonymous subdivision with some fat, boring queer who was so hot ten years ago.
Wow, just like KiMerde, you have this full-blown imaginary vision of the "gay lifestyle". Are you sure you're not another one of KiMerde's inner schizophrenic creations? I'm willing to be my right testicle that you are; and that's the good one.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#9367 Nov 16, 2013
bet*

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#9368 Nov 16, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>

And yet I know tons of gay couples who have been together for years and are married (or planning to marry).

Like KiMerde, you love to paint with broad, generalized strokes.

What's your fascination with bath-houses and gay bars? Sounds like you're a little jealous that gay men have more sexual freedom than you do.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#9369 Nov 16, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Where have I presented statistics that I have not substantiated?
Do you actually understand what your quip means, or are you just parroting phrases?
<quoted text>
The mule can neither legally consent, nor can it enter into a legal contract. Your absurd hypothetical situation is already covered by current law.
<quoted text>
That study has been largely discredited.
http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/10/30/1110...
What else do you have?
Gee.....a pro gay website that "debunked" the study. Who would've thought?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#9370 Nov 16, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, I've always claimed marriage isn't for everybody. T.B. is the one ignoring the male/female nature of marriage, segregation by sex and discrimination against Christians who refuse to participate and support those religious services.
Keep freedom, keep marriage one man and one woman. A new standard of gender segregation licensed by government isn't a good thing and neither is Obamacare.
Too bad.

Marriage now includes same-sex couples, and there's nothing you anti-gays can do about it.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#9371 Nov 16, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
If there aren't enough numbers, then it's ok to draw conclusions? I don't think so. Regnerus = junk science.
One can make inferences from the limited data. As I said the author admitted there aren't enough numbers.

Tawas City, Michigan

#9372 Nov 16, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, sounds just like most young straight men, who have absolutely no desire to marry either.

Tawas City, Michigan

#9373 Nov 16, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, but not too many. Here's what I find amusing.
A bride: a woman
A groom: a man
Party A:?
Party B:?
Yeah, so?

Do you need to be reminded of your gender or something?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#9374 Nov 16, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, so?
Do you need to be reminded of your gender or something?
Strange question.

garylloyd

Location hidden

#9375 Nov 16, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, just like KiMerde, you have this full-blown imaginary vision of the "gay lifestyle". Are you sure you're not another one of KiMerde's inner schizophrenic creations? I'm willing to be my right testicle that you are; and that's the good one.
Better check to see you still have a right testicle after last night.

Those HIV-Prevention LGBT orgies are a dilly.

garylloyd

Location hidden

#9376 Nov 16, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, sounds just like most young straight men, who have absolutely no desire to marry either.
Good point.

Except straight men use their butt for the purpose it was designed for.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#9377 Nov 16, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy I haven't heard such a pile of bigoted sh+t in years..Well for starts Pappy, you don't have to be gay to "avoid the responsibility of marriage and family". Want to explain unwed mothers, child abandonment..dead beat dads?
-'the monogamous married gay is a myth'- have been for 22years..so you can shove that. BTW it had NOTHING to do with Marketing. All your other generalized BS about 'Gay males' is debunked too, but you sure have studied all the generalizations, I'm surprised you have mentioned Gerbils yet. AND It sure sounds like you have a fascination with bathhouses, Gay Bars and Parades. I wouldn't be surprised if you're out 'toe tappin' airports. BUT the real 'FACT' is when somebody posts such hatred and bigotry on a single subject, there's always some underlying self hating cause. Wifey know your on here(if there is one)? BTW I'm not buying your black either princess.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#9378 Nov 16, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Better check to see you still have a right testicle after last night.
Those HIV-Prevention LGBT orgies are a dilly.
After fish-fry in WI last night, I fell asleep in front of the fireplace at the cabin. Our lives aren't nearly as titillating as you would hope. Dream on, however, if that gets your through the day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Satturday Night JADE Thread 34 min rectumrooter 1
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 50 min Rosa_Winkel 14,599
Is Little Robbie safe and sound? 50 min Frankie Rizzo 28
News NBA Moves All-Star Game Out of North Carolina O... 1 hr Christsharian Col... 32
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Terra Firma 38,397
News Justicea s gay marriage order halts licenses in... (Jan '16) 1 hr Terra Firma 467
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 2 hr TRUMP FAN 30
News Judge to monitor Kansas' actions on gay marriag... 12 hr Frankie Rizzo 27
More from around the web