Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61396 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#8248 Oct 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Damn, you just took manipulate law and... and...... distorted law, and... well, you ERADICATED science, culture, history and reality with a radical, historic ruling!!!
Smirk.
Wow, you are dumb.
Let me know if you grow up and wish to offer a big boy argument. I'm not holding my breath.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#8249 Oct 29, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you are dumb.
Let me know if you grow up and wish to offer a big boy argument. I'm not holding my breath.
OK. Once and you are just blundering through your own delusions, Parse Bunny! TWICE with the "big boy" posturing and I have you pegged as a **** tease.

You're a lot like Senator Feinstein. First, you're not really a "boy". Second, your agenda is obviously selfishly motivated. Third, you don't have an argument, just unsupportable claims.

That seems to be the way of the liberals nowadays. They have assumed the role of lowering expectations with the "big lie". We've become a country of "big liars" while we divvy up da gubbermint money.

Well, You can go on with your schizo parsing, KiMare can go on with his/her poetry, but the rest of us still expect decisions to be made based on good logic and implements responsibly.

You're not a "big boy" by fantasizing about being a "compelling State interest". You're a house pet who doesn't realize that your food dish is in the corner, not at the dinner table. Even Obama hasn't learned that thing yet. He's a guest in the gubbermint. He has not been given the "right" to be a president, but at least he knows how to take the heat for the "team"....team Organized Crime, that is!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#8250 Oct 29, 2013
Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Your an idiot. Yes we can be considered a "duplicate gender", but you are using that fact and saying we can't marry because we can't reproduce and last time I checked marriage doesn't require you to have children.
Procreation is the ground floor, but the distinctions between SS couples are a skyscraper.

If you can't get past the ground floor, how will you reach the penthouse?

“Headline already in use”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#8251 Oct 29, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
Such a drama queen, Brian.
Thanks again, I make my arguments attractive to everyone.

Nobody likes outlaws, even if elected or appointed.

Same sex marriage is antidemocratic.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#8252 Oct 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

That's simple to answer. Anyone in a marriage has no problem understanding the facts I list.
You don't have a marriage!
I'm IN a marriage, and your "facts" are irrelevant to my marriage. I have all of the same rights, responsibilities and benefits that you have. I just don't have to deal with PMS.

Still married here, and you're still powerless to change that reality.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#8253 Oct 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, you list one of my points, and admit it is correct, then you dismiss all the others without being specific.
I wonder why...
Yes, we're "duplicate gendered". But you seem to think that alone proves that our marriage is an oxymoron.

As to your other points, I (and others) have addressed them multiple times. Procreation, for instance is not required of married couples. In fact, there's no requirement for sex within a marriage. For many years, gay men married women for societal/religious approval and their loveless, sexless unions were considered "marriages". And you, frankly, would consider those marriages to be intact.

Kindly show me a law that requires married couples to schtup and breed.

Now, copy and paste some rambling prose about mars and venus which you happen to think proves your assertions.

Still married here and your ramblings are still powerless to do anything about that.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#8254 Oct 29, 2013
anonymous wrote:
You're a lot like Senator Feinstein. First, you're not really a "boy". Second, your agenda is obviously selfishly motivated. Third, you don't have an argument, just unsupportable claims.
That seems to be the way of the liberals nowadays. They have assumed the role of lowering expectations with the "big lie". We've become a country of "big liars" while we divvy up da gubbermint money.
Well, You can go on with your schizo parsing, KiMare can go on with his/her poetry, but the rest of us still expect decisions to be made based on good logic and implements responsibly.
You're not a "big boy" by fantasizing about being a "compelling State interest". You're a house pet who doesn't realize that your food dish is in the corner, not at the dinner table. Even Obama hasn't learned that thing yet. He's a guest in the gubbermint. He has not been given the "right" to be a president, but at least he knows how to take the heat for the "team"....team Organized Crime, that is!
Anonymous, a state interest is required by the law to deny a fundamental or constitutional right.

Marriage has been held a fundamental right on 14 separate occasions by the US Supreme Court.

I can not be held accountable for the fact that you suffer from delusions of adequacy.

The reality remains that a compelling governmental interest is relevant in this issue, and you are incapable of offering such an interest.

Your ignorance of the law is not a legitimate basis for argument.

Location hidden

#8255 Oct 29, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm IN a marriage, and your "facts" are irrelevant to my marriage. I have all of the same rights, responsibilities and benefits that you have. I just don't have to deal with PMS.
Still married here, and you're still powerless to change that reality.
The facts I list are relevant to all marriages. You don't qualify.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#8256 Oct 29, 2013
MentalHelpNow wrote:
<quoted text>See, you proved one of my points: "Homosexuals will adamantly proclaim that they are normal and happy living that disgusting life, but that is because they do not know any better. Give them the gift of normalcy!!"
I'm only trying to help. Change is available, all you have to do is take the first step. You CAN be normal!
Ditto.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#8257 Oct 29, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Anonymous, a state interest is required by the law to deny a fundamental or constitutional right.
No right is denied. All men and all women are included.
Marriage has been held a fundamental right on 14 separate occasions by the US Supreme Court.
A man and woman as husband and wife=marriage as the fundamental right.

I can not be held accountable for the fact that you suffer from delusions of adequacy.
The reality remains that a compelling governmental interest is relevant in this issue, and you are incapable of offering such an interest.
You are not even remotely able to offer a reason to deny some men and women the same right as other men and women that would render such a denial constitutional.

Tawas City, Michigan

#8258 Oct 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Except, ss marriage is an oxymoron. I've proved it in numerous ways.
Smile.
And yet you haven't stopped any same-sex couples from marrying and getting all the rights & benefits of marriage.

And you haven't stopped your tax dollars from going to support married same-sex couples and our families.

Prove whatever you want.

Smile.

Tawas City, Michigan

#8259 Oct 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is antidemocratic:
In North Carolina, a lawsuit has been pending before the courts to strike down the state's Marriage Amendment — a law passed just last May and by 61% of the popular vote! But just this week North Carolina's Attorney General, tasked with defending the voters' will in this case, compromised his integrity in that role by formally announcing his support for same-sex 'marriage.' Worse, he's headlining a fundraising event for a group that wants the courts to strike down the marriage law!
As if that were not bad enough, hot on the heels of the A.G.'s reckless announcement, a County Register of Deeds in North Carolina announced that he would begin accepting same-sex couples' applications for marriage licenses — a move we've seen before in states like New Mexico and Pennsylvania. This is the lawless destruction of democracy that we can expect to see spreading around the nation if we do not act today!
Yes, we should all act to get rid of these remaining unconstitutional restrictions on same-sex couples marrying.

Hawaii is about to become the 15th state to get rid of their discriminatory ban.

Up next- New Mexico, Illinois, Alaska, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Nevada, & Arizona.

Tawas City, Michigan

#8260 Oct 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks again, I make my arguments attractive to everyone.
Nobody likes outlaws, even if elected or appointed.
Same sex marriage is antidemocratic.
Unconstitutional bans are anti-democratic.

That's why we're getting them overturned one by one.

Don't worry, well get rid of the remaining bans likely within 5 years.

Be patient.

Location hidden

#8261 Oct 29, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we're "duplicate gendered". But you seem to think that alone proves that our marriage is an oxymoron.
As to your other points, I (and others) have addressed them multiple times. Procreation, for instance is not required of married couples. In fact, there's no requirement for sex within a marriage. For many years, gay men married women for societal/religious approval and their loveless, sexless unions were considered "marriages". And you, frankly, would consider those marriages to be intact.
Kindly show me a law that requires married couples to schtup and breed.
Now, copy and paste some rambling prose about mars and venus which you happen to think proves your assertions.
Still married here and your ramblings are still powerless to do anything about that.
That's funny, I don't remember any reasoned responses that you gave. Just denial and hiding behind a fallacious law that denies reality.

At its most basic essence marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. Your relationship is a defective failure of mating behavior.

You can't even get off the ground floor with your claim!

Location hidden

#8262 Oct 29, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Unconstitutional bans are anti-democratic.
That's why we're getting them overturned one by one.
Don't worry, well get rid of the remaining bans likely within 5 years.
Be patient.
And in the end?

SS couples will only ever be a mutually sterile pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.

An oxymoron.

Smile.

Tawas City, Michigan

#8263 Oct 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, and yet same-sex couples are legally marrying and continue to qualify for all the rights & benefits of marriage.

Seems your "facts" aren't relevant after all.
Carl from Pittsfield

Pittsfield, MA

#8264 Oct 29, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
You looked super sexy in your tux

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#8265 Oct 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, I'm legally married.

Denial seems to be pastor Kirschmann's middle name..

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#8266 Oct 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And in the end?
In the end, you'll still be powerless to stop SSM.

You've got nothing, Blanche.

Tawas City, Michigan

#8267 Oct 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And in the end?
SS couples will only ever be a mutually sterile pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.
An oxymoron.
Smile.
And in the end we'll be able to legally marry in all 50 states plus DC and get all the rights & benefits of marriage.

And you'll still be whining about same-sex couples while we all move on, leaving you to play with your dusty crusty musty mangina all by yourself.

Have fun with that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 12 Best Dating Apps 9 min HalfbackLee 1
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 15 min lides 15,956
News Gay Republican Iowa Senate Hopeful: I'm Not the... 36 min Ted Haggard s Gos... 3
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 48 min Frankie Rizzo 38,789
News Why culture war issues like same-sex marriage a... 54 min Ted Haggard s Gos... 5
News Transgender Ken doll cake triggers outrage afte... 1 hr Mite Be 23
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 2 hr guest 207
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 2 hr Ted Haggard s Gos... 72
News Navy names ship after gay rights advocate Harve... 7 hr Bubba Cooder 205
More from around the web