Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61385 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#7842 Oct 22, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
But listening to you whine about the gays is SO much fun!
Kind of fun reading your posts whining about poly too.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#7843 Oct 22, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Which churches?
"And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."
More irrelevant irrational fairytale babble....

Tawas City, Michigan

#7845 Oct 22, 2013
Jordan wrote:
I am with Eileen Jael. Marriage is between man and woman. Not two damn guys or girls. I still hope that my state continues to ban this fu**** gay marriage. In my opinion, this argument has exploded since that damn president was in charge
No worry, we'll overturn the Michigan ban either in federal court or on the ballot in '16.

Either way, I'm already legally married and already get all the federal rights, benefits, & legal protections of marriage.

Tawas City, Michigan

#7846 Oct 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
To rub in your face a stupid question.
Marriage needs protection to not procreate.
SS couples NEVER need protection not to procreate. In fact, gay couples need protection just to abusively and futilely imitate intercourse.
Smile..
Millions of opposite-sex couples need ZERO protection to not procreate.

Million of same-sex couples need ZERO protection to have sex.

Your argument fails once again.

Which probably explains why we just won equal marriage rights in New Jersey and you anti-gays lost.

Up next- New Mexico, Hawaii, & Illinois

Tawas City, Michigan

#7847 Oct 22, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>You sure do worry a lot about sex. How, and where two men have it. How and where two women have it. Is that what marriage is to you? Sex?
He/she/it is supposedly a lesbian trapped in a hermaphrodite with a non-functioning dusty mangina.

Its jealous of those of us who can have healthy sexual relations.

Tawas City, Michigan

#7848 Oct 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not intolerance when you do it. I know you're schtick no need to continually repeat it so proudly.
Actually I fully admit I am intolerant of polygamists, incestuous couples, child rapists, animal sex abusers, etc, as well has those who use their irrational irrelevant fairytale story to attempt to deny equal rights to gays & lesbians.

I've never asked nor expected anyone to tolerate me if they disagree with me.

Tawas City, Michigan

#7849 Oct 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Now. Not forever. You made it half right then stopped. Gimme mine, screw yours. Marriage for me is a right marriage for you is a crime. And then taunt the people being denied. Nice!
Polygamy/incest will remain illegal & a crime until you are able to prove polygamy/incest isn't harmful to women & children & society.

We're waiting......

Tawas City, Michigan

#7850 Oct 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of fun reading your posts whining about poly too.
I'm glad it's fun for you.

Of course I get joy out of BOTH; knowing the anti-gays can't do anything to prevent same-sex couples from marrying AND that polygamy/incest will remain illegal & a crime.

Ah, good times...
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#7851 Oct 22, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamy/incest will remain illegal & a crime until you are able to prove polygamy/incest isn't harmful to women & children & society.
We're waiting......
Wait in one hand sh!t in the other. Report back which one fills up faster.

I simply want to discuss marriage equality without your fear, anger, hate and stupidity. But I've said that a few times and you still don't understand. You get frustrated and go right back to "it's illegal and I don't like it".

Let me know which hand filled up first. Enjoy your wait. Only fools sit and wait.

Tawas City, Michigan

#7852 Oct 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I simply want to discuss marriage equality without your fear, anger, hate and stupidity. But I've said that a few times and you still don't understand. You get frustrated and go right back to "it's illegal and I don't like it".
Let me know which hand filled up first. Enjoy your wait. Only fools sit and wait.
At least you admit you are unable to disprove the harm to women, children, & society which comes from polygamy/incest.

I don't have to wait for anything; I can already legally marry.

Ah, good times...

Tawas City, Michigan

#7853 Oct 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been discussing marriage equality.

We all agree it doesn't apply to polygamy/incest since they're not similarly situated to married same-sex or opposite-sex couples, and because of the proven harm to women & children & society which comes from polygamy & incest & child abuse etc.

If you can't convince me, then you're not going to convince 99% of the population.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#7854 Oct 22, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know you're not a lesbian trapped in a gay man? If you're the "brains" of the operation and your body is hermaphroditic, then you're actually trapped in a he/she body.
Nothing straight about you at all.
Easy. Both of us like women.

Location hidden

#7855 Oct 22, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Which only proves psychologists make mistakes too. You belong locked away from society; far far away.
Are you certified sane?

Location hidden

#7856 Oct 22, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>You sure do worry a lot about sex. How, and where two men have it. How and where two women have it. Is that what marriage is to you? Sex?
Anytime someone discusses mating behavior they are sex focused? Really stupid.

I referenced the book, Men are from Mars, Women... Hardly a focus on sex only.

You keep shifting. Having trouble mounting a reasoned response honey.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#7857 Oct 22, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
We all agree it doesn't apply to polygamy/incest since they're not similarly situated to married same-sex or opposite-sex couples, and because of the proven harm to women & children & society which comes from polygamy & incest & child abuse etc.
If you can't convince me, then you're not going to convince 99% of the population.
"We" eh? Megalomaniac much?

I can't convince you to give up your ignorance and bigotry just like you can't convince the bigots against same sex marriage.

Open your mind:

http://www.secularhumanism.org/...

http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/double...

Location hidden

#7858 Oct 22, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Since we're both men, we're both husbands to each other.
Such a simple concept even our elementary school age daughter understands it.
Then you can't think of your relationship exactly like marriage.

She is the daughter of only one of you, if that. Another distinction from marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#7859 Oct 22, 2013
Many people argue that there is no such thing as a “healthy, responsible” polygamous family, particularly for the children born into one.“Children are harmed because they are often set in perennial rivalry with other children and mothers for the affection and attention of the family patriarch,” argued John Witte Jr. in the Washington Post.“Men with lots of children and wives are spread too thin,” agreed Libby Copeland in Slate.

The earnestness of these arguments is touching but idealistic. Men in monogamous marriages can’t be spread too thin? Children in monogamous families don’t rival each other for the attentions of their parents? Two-parent families are not the reality for millions of American children. Divorce, remarriage, surrogate parents, extended relatives, and other diverse family arrangements mean families already come in all sizes—why not recognize that legally?

Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#7860 Oct 22, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
For decades, the prevailing logic has been that polygamy hurts women and children. That makes sense, since in contemporary American practice that is often the case. In many Fundamentalist Latter-day Saints polygamous communities, for example, women and underage girls are forced into polygamous unions against their will. Some boys, who represent the surplus of males, are brutally thrown out of their homes and driven into homelessness and poverty at very young ages. All of these stories are tragic, and the criminals involved should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.(That goes without saying, I hope.)

But legalizing consensual adult polygamy wouldn’t legalize rape or child abuse. In fact, it would make those crimes easier to combat.

Location hidden

#7861 Oct 22, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Husband: a male spouse in a marriage.
Wife: a female spouse in a marriage.
Which is why husband & husband or wife & wife is what you call married same-sex spouses, while husband & wife is what you call married opposite-sex spouses.
So simple even a child can understand it.
It exposes a sexual defect of mating behavior, making SS marriage an oxymoron. Even a child knows the normal is mom and dad, husband and wife.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#7862 Oct 22, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I fully admit I am intolerant of polygamists, incestuous couples, child rapists, animal sex abusers, etc, as well has those who use their irrational irrelevant fairytale story to attempt to deny equal rights to gays & lesbians.
I've never asked nor expected anyone to tolerate me if they disagree with me.
The definition of marriage is plastic. Just like heterosexual marriage is no better or worse than homosexual marriage, marriage between two consenting adults is not inherently more or less “correct” than marriage among three (or four, or six) consenting adults. Though polygamists are a minority—a tiny minority, in fact—freedom has no value unless it extends to even the smallest and most marginalized groups among us. So let’s fight for marriage equality until it extends to every same-sex couple in the United States—and then let’s keep fighting. We’re not done yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Prominent chefs oppose baker in major gay right... 8 min Frankie Rizzo 2
News Tanzania authorities arrest 12 over "homosexual... 8 min NE Jade 37
The Family Cabin NE Tales 18 min Frankie Rizzo 3
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 49 min Wisdom of Ages 12,948
News Supreme Court To Hear Arguments In Case Of Bake... 1 hr EdmondWA 327
News Former gay activist backs 'no' campaign 2 hr Martin 3
Transgender woman assaults 10 year old in restroom 2 hr Martin 6
News Who would be a better president: Donald Trump o... 3 hr Carpenter 23
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 16 hr Freedomofexpression 57,562
More from around the web