Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61394 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6769 Oct 11, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you indicate a compelling governmental interest served by denying same sex couples the right to legally marry that would render such a restriction constitutional?
I don't think you can?
No. Nor do I want to. I support marriage equality. You're pretty stupid, kid.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#6770 Oct 11, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Let's give you a pop quiz jackass. Why are you a hypocrite?
I'm not. I can just count.

Is three equal to two? It's a simple question, which has a valid answer, even if you don't want to say it.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#6771 Oct 11, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Great argument fruitloops. Go to bed. We'll tell you all about it tomorrow when you're sober.
But, in the morning, you won't be sober.
Frankie, why don't you go hang out somewhere that is more your speed. the local pre-school, perhaps?

You've not made a relevant point, well, ever.

How's that hunt for a compelling governmental interest served by denying same sex couples the right to marry going?

From your posts, it doesn't seem to be going well. Or, perhaps you are merely incompetent?

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#6772 Oct 11, 2013
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
You're gonna pay....
Because you are dumb? I don't think I will pay for that.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6774 Oct 11, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Is three equal to two? It's a simple question, which has a valid answer, even if you don't want to say it.
No, three is not equal to two. Do you struggle with numbers often?

It's good that you are not shy about asking people to help you. But it's too bad you're so math challenged. Good luck.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6775 Oct 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Let's not forget moron that this site has an advertiser called ashley madison that encourages infidelity. So yes, 3 is greater than two, dip****!
You're a moral decrepit.
He's also a bit of a moron.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6776 Oct 11, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie, why don't you go hang out somewhere that is more your speed. the local pre-school, perhaps?
How's that hunt for a compelling governmental interest served by denying same sex couples the right to marry going?
From your posts, it doesn't seem to be going well. Or, perhaps you are merely incompetent?
My point is simple. You are a hypocrite. You believe you somehow have the right to proclaim other peoples marriages invalid while demanding that they validate yours.

You are also a bit stupid and impulsive.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6777 Oct 11, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me remind you once again that I support marriage equality including of course same sex marriage, so if you are still waiting for me to argue against marriage equality that just confirms how stupid and or high you are.

The bottom line is, I support marriage equality and you do not. So climb down off your high gay horse stop being so stupid and tell us why you are a hypocrite.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6778 Oct 11, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you are dumb? I don't think I will pay for that.
He's dumb? You repeatedly ask me, who supports gay marriage, to provide a compelling government interest in banning it.

When I say I support marriage equality you think that means I am against gay marriage.

You are the dumb one. Very dumb.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6779 Oct 11, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
What' that matter, Frankie?
Still can count?
Ok, lets give the daily pop quiz. Eventually, I am sure you will progress.
Is 3 greater than, lesser than, or equal to two?
I'm puling for you, dimwit! With time and a bit of effort, you too will be able to answer this question correctly.
Oh boy! You're going to teach me to answer your questions "correctly"! You are an idiot.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#6780 Oct 12, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who proposes that polygamy, which seeks to join three or more people in marriage, and same sex marriage, which seeks to join two people in marriage, has a problem counting.
Your problem is your obsession with your religion, and your own misinterpretation of said religion.
Who is arguing about recognizing different numbers?

Who is arguing about religion?

The simple fact is, if you dumb down the 'legal' term of marriage to committed people, and assert it is prejudicial to discriminate because of gender, then discriminating because of number is prejudicial too.

You know this, but put up a silly stupid straw man to cover your reamed a//. Where your brains fell out...

Location hidden

#6781 Oct 12, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
I can just see.

Are duplicate genders equal to diverse genders? It's a simple question, which has a valid answer, even if you don't want to say it.

Smirk.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#6782 Oct 12, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I can just see.
Are duplicate genders equal to diverse genders? It's a simple question, which has a valid answer, even if you don't want to say it.
Smirk.
When your argument against two gay people marrying starts to revolve about straight people marrying multiples, then you know you have lost the argument.

Smirking just makes you look even more silly.

Location hidden

#6783 Oct 12, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
When your argument against two gay people marrying starts to revolve about straight people marrying multiples, then you know you have lost the argument.
Smirking just makes you look even more silly.
You make my argument.

Polygamy has a much, mich greater presence in history than SS marriage.

The problem is, gays are trying to dumb down marriage so much, anyone and anything can get in.

Moreover, there are numerous articles by legal authorities making the same claim.

You were saying????
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#6784 Oct 12, 2013
Gay Marriage is a couple of coxy-morons!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#6785 Oct 12, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I can just see.
Are duplicate genders equal to diverse genders?
Smirk.
Yes.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#6786 Oct 12, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

The problem is, gays are trying to dumb down marriage so much....
Now, you're the one drawing the distinction. We have all of the same marriage characteristics that you have. See, there's no difference.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#6787 Oct 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Let's not forget moron that this site has an advertiser called ashley madison that encourages infidelity. So yes, 3 is greater than two, dip****!
You're a moral decrepit.
You do realize, of course, that ads on a sight are chosen by the cookies on your computer to tailor content that would be applicable to you, right? I'm seeing a lot of ads for Pippin on Broadway, because I visit a lot of theatrical websites. I guess we know where else you go online now.

Thanks for revealing things that no one here ever really wanted to know.

Location hidden

#6788 Oct 12, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
ONLY if you only consider the number involved. Every other aspect is distinct.

Idiot.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#6789 Oct 12, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Who is arguing about recognizing different numbers?
There are a number of poster, yourself included, who have raised the question of polygamy. By definition, polygamy seeks greater protection of the law for three or more people. Anyone who can count could see that what they seek is not equal.
KiMare wrote:
Who is arguing about religion?
You have let your religion slip on more than one occasion. It has no applicability to matters of civil law.
KiMare wrote:
The simple fact is, if you dumb down the 'legal' term of marriage to committed people, and assert it is prejudicial to discriminate because of gender, then discriminating because of number is prejudicial too.
You know this, but put up a silly stupid straw man to cover your reamed a//. Where your brains fell out...
The simple fact is that if you dumb down the concept of equal protection, it becomes meaningless.

I haven't offered a straw man, I have rebutted arguments that you have advanced. My position has remained consistant, and is based in the US Constitution, specifically the 14th Amendment guarantee of equal protection.

Thus far you seem incapable of offering any compelling governmental interest served by denying same sex couples the right to marry that would render such a restriction constitutional.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 13 min Sorry Hill 2,181
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 29 min Tdo 22,555
News Mexican leftist senators defend battering Trump... 1 hr JohnInToronto 2
News Trump's staff picks disappoint, alarm minority ... 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 280
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Respect71 43,051
News Vivian Romero is now Montebelloa s first openly... 2 hr testing 1 2 3 tes... 2
News Kentucky Has a Gay Senate Candidate - Does Anyb... 3 hr Frogface Kate 18
News Is Same-Sex Attraction a Sin? 14 hr Just Think 44
More from around the web