Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61390 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6720 Oct 11, 2013
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>
ahahahahahah
ahahahahahhaha
As if YOUR hairbrained theories would hold up in Court. You can't even provide any evidence to back them up.
As in same sex marriage it's not my job to provide evidence that polygamy will not hurt you, it is up to you to prove evidence that it will.

So far you haven't done that beyond the absurd and incredible. You think everyone will rush out and get poly married and society will fall apart. You are an idiot.

But the real reason for your frustration is anger at yourself for being a hypocrite.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6721 Oct 11, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the govt passed laws making it illegal.
Someone considered your statement "brilliant". "Polygamy is illegal because the government passed laws making it illegal". Priceless. Just priceless.

That's why I like you silly jackasses.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#6722 Oct 11, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. So did California against same sex marriage. It didn't hold up in court. Your bigotry won't either.
I have nothing against polygamists. If anyone is stupid enough to want to marry more than one person at a time, they can go for it.

Of course the courts are unlikely to agree and will keep polygamy illegal.

Tawas City, Michigan

#6723 Oct 11, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
As in same sex marriage it's not my job to provide evidence that polygamy will not hurt you, it is up to you to prove evidence that it will.
So far you haven't done that beyond the absurd and incredible. You think everyone will rush out and get poly married and society will fall apart. You are an idiot.
But the real reason for your frustration is anger at yourself for being a hypocrite.
Actually there IS proof polygamy is harmful; that's how they convicted Warren Jeffs of child sexual assault in spite of his claim of religious freedom.

That's why polygamy will remain illegal.

Tawas City, Michigan

#6724 Oct 11, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone considered your statement "brilliant". "Polygamy is illegal because the government passed laws making it illegal". Priceless. Just priceless.
That's why I like you silly jackasses.
You're the moron who asked the obvious self-evident question.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6725 Oct 11, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually there IS proof polygamy is harmful; that's how they convicted Warren Jeffs of child sexual assault in spite of his claim of religious freedom.
That's why polygamy will remain illegal.
There are perfectly good laws against all the crimes Jeffs committed and there are perfectly good laws against all the crimes you ignorantly associate with polygamy. Prosecute the criminal, not the criminal's marriage.

If someone in a same sex marriage commits a crime should we make same sex marriage illegal?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6726 Oct 11, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the moron who asked the obvious self-evident question.
The question I posed is why is polygamy illegal?. The answer you gave is "because the government made it illegal". And then you call me a moron. That's why I like you silly jackasses!

OK, thanks to you we now know that polygamy is illegal because the government made it illegal. So now I ask you this- why did the government make it illegal? See where we are going with this? Please catch up.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6727 Oct 11, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I have nothing against polygamists. If anyone is stupid enough to want to marry more than one person at a time, they can go for it.
Of course the courts are unlikely to agree and will keep polygamy illegal.
Gee thanks. You are so generous. And so am I. I believe anyone who is stupid enough to marry someone of the same sex can 'go for it" too. Thank me! Be nice.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6728 Oct 11, 2013
OK kiddies, let's review the remarks from the peanut gallery. Little Neil An Blowme says polygamy is illegal because Frankie is stupid. And little We the Sheeple says polygamy is illegal because it was made illegal.

Anyone else have reasons to prevent other people's marriages? Please add your input.

Tawas City, Michigan

#6729 Oct 11, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
There are perfectly good laws against all the crimes Jeffs committed and there are perfectly good laws against all the crimes you ignorantly associate with polygamy. Prosecute the criminal, not the criminal's marriage.
If someone in a same sex marriage commits a crime should we make same sex marriage illegal?
Polygamy IS the crime, because it involves minors unable to give legal consent & forced marriages.

It is CURRENTLY illegal to marry someone of the same sex in 37 states, whether they've committed a crime or not.

Tawas City, Michigan

#6730 Oct 11, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The question I posed is why is polygamy illegal?. The answer you gave is "because the government made it illegal". And then you call me a moron. That's why I like you silly jackasses!
OK, thanks to you we now know that polygamy is illegal because the government made it illegal. So now I ask you this- why did the government make it illegal? See where we are going with this? Please catch up.
If that's the question you wanted answered, then why didn't you ask that in the first place?

The govt made polygamy illegal because the majority of legislators at the time felt it was harmful to society.

They were right.

Tawas City, Michigan

#6731 Oct 11, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee thanks. You are so generous. And so am I. I believe anyone who is stupid enough to marry someone of the same sex can 'go for it" too. Thank me! Be nice.
Thanks, and we ARE getting married by the thousands.

Tawas City, Michigan

#6732 Oct 11, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
OK kiddies, let's review the remarks from the peanut gallery. Little Neil An Blowme says polygamy is illegal because Frankie is stupid. And little We the Sheeple says polygamy is illegal because it was made illegal.
Anyone else have reasons to prevent other people's marriages? Please add your input.
It's not our fault you don't like the answers to the questions you pose.

Maybe if you asked the right question you'd get the answer you're looking for.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6733 Oct 11, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamy IS the crime, because it involves minors unable to give legal consent & forced marriages.
It is CURRENTLY illegal to marry someone of the same sex in 37 states, whether they've committed a crime or not.
If a same sex marriage involves minors it is a crime too.

If someone in a same sex marriage commits a crime, should we ban same sex marriage? Prosecute the criminal, not the type marriage he is in.

Of course I am not advocating children marrying you moron.

Polygamy is currently a felony with prison time in ALL states. And you are defending that hypocrisy.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6734 Oct 11, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's the question you wanted answered, then why didn't you ask that in the first place?
The govt made polygamy illegal because the majority of legislators at the time felt it was harmful to society.
They were right.
They were wrong.

http://www.secularhumanism.org/...

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#6735 Oct 11, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it is about equality, idiot.
Men and women are both people, and accordingly are entitled to equal protection of the law.
A marriage between two people is equal whether they are opposite sex or same sex. A marriage between three or more people seeks greater, not equal protection of the law. Were you not a complete dullard, you would comprehend that you are making an utterly inept argument.
LOL

Having a hard time with this, aren't you?

Gender discrimination is wrong, but number discrimination is okay?

On what basis?

Moreover, many legal experts make the same argument, including members of the Supreme Court.

Smirk.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6736 Oct 11, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, and we ARE getting married by the thousands.
And you are enjoying the fact that others are denied that right just like you used to be. Nice!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6737 Oct 11, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not our fault you don't like the answers to the questions you pose.
It's your fault that you are a hypocrite.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6738 Oct 11, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Priceless.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6739 Oct 11, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Having a hard time with this, aren't you?
Gender discrimination is wrong, but number discrimination is okay?
On what basis?
Moreover, many legal experts make the same argument, including members of the Supreme Court.
Smirk.
It seems there is a little fly in his marriage equality ointment.

He's against allowing other people's marriages but he's not a bigot mind you. We are.

YUK!YUK!YUK! Ah good times.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay pastor fights censure by United Methodist C... 2 min Rose_NoHo 170
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 6 min Lou 25,306
News 'Yep, I'm Gay': Happy 20th out anniversary, Ell... 17 min Yep 14
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 59 min Pilots Nail Drivi... 48,093
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr Rose_NoHo 5,604
News A look at the judges who will rule on Trump's t... 1 hr Dallas 88
News Gay pride parade to be replaced by anti-Trump p... 6 hr Defeat Nancy Pelosi 9
More from around the web