Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61390 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#6589 Oct 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Another hateful ad homoan attack from a limp wristed gay twirler.
Sorry KiMare, the truth is an absolute defense against defamation.

Did you mean ad hominem, or were you suffering from the delusion that you were being clever?

How's that search for a compelling governmental interest served by denying same sex couples the right to marry going?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6590 Oct 9, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you mean ad hominem, or were you suffering from the delusion that you were being clever?
How's that search for a compelling governmental interest served by denying same sex couples the right to marry going?
No. I think he meant what he posted, ad homoan. Pretty clever eh?

How's that enema going?

YUK!YUK!YUK! Ah good times!

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#6591 Oct 9, 2013
Marriage it is a fundamental right of the individual. That includes "All persons".

The only eligibility requirement for fundamental rights is being human.

Reasonable restrictions may be made only when a compelling and legitimate governmental interest can withstand judicial scrutiny. Most can agree with the courts that reasonable restrictions include age, ability to demonstrate informed consent, and not being closely related or currently married.

While churches may place any restrictions they choose on their own ceremonies, the government can only restrict fundamental rights when a compelling and legitimate justification can be demonstrated.

Procreation ability has never been a requirement for marriage, and therefore fails as a legitimate qualification. Yet even that irrational excuse for discrimination ignores the fact that gay people can and do reproduce, and are raising children either biologically related or adopted. Denial of equal treatment under the law provides nothing to opposite sex couple families. It only harms same sex couple families needlessly.

Gay couples are seeking to be treated equally under the laws currently in effect, in the remaining states that do not yet recognize their marriages.

Neither tradition nor gender provides a legitimate governmental interest sufficient for denial of this fundamental right.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#6592 Oct 9, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
Marriage it is a fundamental right of the individual. That includes "All persons".
The only eligibility requirement for fundamental rights is being human.
More BS. Read your state marriage laws.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#6593 Oct 9, 2013

Reasonable restrictions may be made only when a compelling and legitimate governmental interest can withstand judicial scrutiny. Most can agree with the courts that reasonable restrictions include age, ability to demonstrate informed consent, and not being closely related or currently married. Within those limits, gay people qualify.

While churches may place any restrictions they choose on their own ceremonies, the government can only restrict fundamental rights when a compelling and legitimate justification can be demonstrated.

Procreation ability has never been a requirement for marriage, and therefore fails as a legitimate qualification. Yet even that irrational excuse for discrimination ignores the fact that gay people can and do reproduce, and are raising children either biologically related or adopted. Denial of equal treatment under the law provides nothing to opposite sex couple families. It only harms same sex couple families needlessly.

Gay couples are seeking to be treated equally under the laws currently in effect, in the remaining states that do not yet recognize their marriages, and by the federal government.

Neither tradition nor gender provides a legitimate governmental interest sufficient for denial of this fundamental right.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#6594 Oct 9, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
How's that fraudulent law about fake marriages affecting the fact tha SS couples will only ever be mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage?

Smile.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#6595 Oct 9, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
No. I think he meant what he posted, ad homoan. Pretty clever eh?
Oh, I see, it's poor humor that only an idiot would understand. No, it's not clever, it is idiotic.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#6596 Oct 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
How's that fraudulent law about fake marriages affecting the fact tha SS couples will only ever be mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage?
Smile.
You really are a moron. Legal marriage does not have a procreative requirement, and you look like an idiot when you make posts like this. Either you are ignorant of the law, stupid, or more likely both.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6597 Oct 9, 2013
Why not wrote:
<quoted text>
Your an idiot...
Oh the irony.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6598 Oct 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>he's a prejudicial bigot. what more do you need to know?
Oh, the winning lotto numbers, when the government shutdown will be over, when we'll get a real leader, stuff like that.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6599 Oct 9, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I see, it's poor humor that only an idiot would understand. No, it's not clever, it is idiotic.
Aw, you're just biased. It's clever. It obviously got to you, which was the intended effect. Oh well. Maybe next time eh? Please insert another nickel now to try again.
Why not

Centereach, NY

#6601 Oct 9, 2013
KiMare your an idiot, your not even fighting for your own rights. Why don't you fight for something that will actually affect your life? You should just stop and take a break from the Internet. I mean all your conversations that you contribute to on topixs is about gay marriage -_- really, I mean why do you feel so strongly that we can't be equal. I bet if you were gay you would sure as hell want to be able to have a marriage. You wouldn't just accept that because you can't reproduce you can't have a marriage. Any person wether gay or not can hold their wedding vows.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6602 Oct 9, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>I see you are still trying to be a straight gut, cut lose and flame on.
What's straight gut? Is that like a leather daddy?

What's cut lose and flame on? Is that like a peter puffer?

You'll have to explain these terms ChiGAYco.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#6604 Oct 9, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw shucks. You're so kind. You're pretty funny yourself. But in a bad way. Just get over your anger and depression and maybe you'll be funny in a good way too, like me.
Good luck!
a
ahhahahahahahaha
ahahahaahahhaha
ahahahhahahahaha

Who's angry about polygamy being illegal? Who's angry about being ignorant about history? Who's angry because he can't read three sentences without getting them mixed up? Who's angry because a 3rd grader could show him up in a debate? Who never heard of gangs?

Why, it's YOU, Frankie the Fuck-up.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#6606 Oct 9, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh the irony.
Oh, the IDIOCY.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6608 Oct 9, 2013
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>
a
ahhahahahahahaha
ahahahaahahhaha
ahahahhahahahaha
Who's angry about polygamy being illegal? Who's angry about being ignorant about history? Who's angry because he can't read three sentences without getting them mixed up? Who's angry because a 3rd grader could show him up in a debate? Who never heard of gangs?
Why, it's YOU, Frankie the Fuck-up.
Who has no argument except dopey ad hominem? Mona and Jizzy!

When we cut through all your anger and bullsh!t, I support marriage equality and you and Jizzy do not. You are hypocrites.

P.S. Gangs of roving young men high on testosterone wreaking havoc while searching for wives! Too funny! Post some more silly stuff like that, Jizzy gets off on it. Thinks you're a genius. And it makes me laugh.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6609 Oct 9, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>You have just naild the PUTZ to the floor. Great job.
No (s)he didn't.

P.S. You can't even spell. What a dope.

P.P.S. I have just nailed you to the floor. Easy!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6610 Oct 9, 2013
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, the IDIOCY.
Oh the lack of any argument! Oh the dopey ad hominem! Oh Mona/Aida/Frankie's pudenda et al!

Frankie's Pudenda. Why didn't you keep that sock? I was proud I am so in your head you named yourself after me. Jizzy likes that in your head stuff too. You're his hero.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6611 Oct 9, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Yes,you're a putz
You and Mona have such great arguments against marriage equality, but you still haven't swayed me, I still think it's the right thing to do. Even for people you don't like.

You will just have to suck it up like the bigots against same sex marriage did. Polygamy will not hurt you. Marriage is good for society. All marriages, even ones you don't approve of because of your ignorance and simple minds.

You'll probably never be offended by the sight of a happy poly family, calm down and live and let live.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#6613 Oct 9, 2013
Poof wrote:
Putz
They would need to substantially better themselves to rise to the level of a putz.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 7 min Terra Firma 37,234
News Man Accused Of Firing Paintballs At Stockton Ga... 16 min Uncle Festus 47
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 19 min ImFree2Choose 580
News Chicago Reacts to Orlando Shooting 27 min Fa-Foxy 8
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 30 min Dr Wu 889
News Extra security moves honorees to withdraw from ... 46 min Here is what I 4
News Cabinet's Justine Greening reveals 'I'm in a ha... 52 min Here is what I 2
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 12,944
More from around the web