Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61395 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

helms

El Cerrito, CA

#61033 Sep 11, 2014
Steroid users get "everything", Males go over 225 pounds----I'm 220--and no way could I go over 225 without steroids-just does not happen for my frame.---------etc.---they get the sports scholarship etc. its real good for three years or the "extended" program with a clinical laboratory testing facility--but eventually the prostate or liver goes and with that their marriage and homosexuality.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
helms

Emeryville, CA

#61034 Sep 11, 2014
So as the steroid users go over 225 pounds---its poon tang time--and steroids even boost your sex drive also at first but like I said--after 3 years it goes starts to go bad.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“don't tell me how”

Since: May 14

to live my life

#61035 Sep 11, 2014
helms wrote:
She knew she was going to get whacked in the bottom vid--
You should start taking steroids. in mass quantizes

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“don't tell me how”

to live my life

#61036 Sep 11, 2014
DebraE wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks!
Yep

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#61038 Sep 11, 2014
Poof1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You should start taking steroids. in mass quantizes
Didn't work for you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#61039 Sep 11, 2014
Poof1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I am aware of her stance on religion, so what if any is your point?
What??? You actually want to discuss something instead of harass me? Well, this certainly is something new. Let me think about it for a while.

Statism is the utopian ideal that just the right amount of violence, used by just the right people, in just the right way, can perfect society.

www.logical-anarchy.com

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“don't tell me how”

to live my life

#61040 Sep 11, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
What??? You actually want to discuss something instead of harass me? Well, this certainly is something new. Let me think about it for a while.
Statism is the utopian ideal that just the right amount of violence, used by just the right people, in just the right way, can perfect society.
www.logical-anarchy.com
Well good for you. Have a great day

Location hidden

#61041 Sep 11, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
And the entire rainbow peanut gallery supports them! Showers their idiotic posts such as "ah duh. drool. polygamy is mass child rape duh, drool" and that post will be showered with "Brilliant!" icons. Too funny!
Then I will respond with "Legalizing polygamy won't legalize child rape" and get "DISAGREE!" "Clueless!" etc. Ah good times. Fun stuff.
We are dealing with over-reacting hot headed children. What a shame that they ruin Topix for the adults. I was serious when I mentioned how back in January this year there would be close to 400 people in the Gay/Lesbian Forum when I signed in but today there are usually less than 50 and this morning was an all time low of 24. I blame all the Gay Nazi's and the commies who can't answer facts, proof and evidence with anything other than the nonsense you are complaining about.

Once comrade peter1313 saw that I was going to keep mentioning that he called me a "wetback," every time he attacks me, he has disappeared. These commies want to get away with their bad behavior and instead of admitting they are wrong and apologizing, which is what a normal person would do, they run and hide in shame. There are many others who I could name who no longer posting because they are ashamed of their inhuman behavior. They think they can call us names, repeatedly harass and insult us and it is all OK, but then when we respond in kind, they go berserk complaining about how mistreated they are.

I have concluded that they don't know any better and can't learn from their mistakes. They are like the owners in HGTV programs like Bar Rescue, Restaurant Impossible etc. who haven't a clue that the reason their business is failing is because of them. They all have something in common and that is blaming others while being in denial about their own incompetency.

www.logical-anarchy.com

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#61042 Sep 11, 2014
Cali Girl 2014dal ct wrote:
<quoted text>
You are Wishy Washy!
What a lovely comment. The Holy Spirit must be acting through you again today.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#61043 Sep 11, 2014
deutscher Nationalstolz wrote:
<quoted text>
These 'reasons' are so stupid and typical American.
1. of course it is natural. Are you blind or why don't you see that homosexuality is realized in nature? it is documented for many animal species like human, pinguins...
2. What about all the childless and not fertile couples ? You should not allow them to marry consequently.
3. Almost every gay was raised by heterosexuals. How do you explain why they are gay?
4. i don't understand this reason
damn it is a waste of time to disprove all these stupid typical American reasons.
You didn't understand. You misunderstood. The list was making fun of the ignorance and stupidity of those stupid intolerant bigots opposed to gay marriage; IT WAS A PRO GAY MARRIAGE MESSAGE.

Because I have English as my second language I can see how this might happen to you as I know you also have English as your second language. Look up the word 'sarcastic'.

The list was not serious. It was showing how stupid anti-gay homophobes are, it was meant to give gay people something to laugh at: how stupid the homophobes are in their lame reasons against gay marriage. It shows just how lame those reasons are.

IT WAS A PRO GAY MESSAGE!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#61044 Sep 11, 2014
Cali Girl 2014dal ct wrote:
<quoted text>
Cuckoo!!!! cuckoo!!!!
What "Good Reverend" AKA AKA AKA does is against the Topix TOS, yet Topix is incapable of enforcing their rules until after the fact. I am not trying to tell you want to do, but wouldn't it make more sense to report all of his spam instead of replying to it? If you report it, you make topix aware of it, but if you reply to it, he thinks you have read all 12 of his spams and it encourages him to do more of the same. The man is sick, perverted and demented. If he succeeds in driving everyone out of Topix then he won't have anyone he can pretend is reading his spam.

Clearly hundreds of former people posting here have found better ways to spend their time other than topix.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#61046 Sep 11, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The rev and boys are dumbfounded, any chance the Blondes on here can provide an answer???
This isn't complicated, I simply asked
And I asked how the Bible can be trusted when it has HUGE problems like the following:

Num. 23:19 "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent."
1 Sam. 15:29 "And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent."

Versus

Jonah 3:10 "And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not."
1 Sam.15:11 "It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king...."
Exod. 32:14 And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.
Psalms.42:10 "... for I repent me of the evil that I have done unto you."
Gen. 6:6 "And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart."
1 Sam. 15:35 "...and the LORD repented that he had made Saul king over Israel."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#61047 Sep 11, 2014
Poof1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well good for you. Have a great day
Are you going to refrain from using the judge-its? Or are you going to continue to use them believing they hurt people? You do like to hurt people. You are filled with the love of God after all.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#61049 Sep 11, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
What "Good Reverend" AKA AKA AKA does is against the Topix TOS, yet Topix is incapable of enforcing their rules until after the fact. I am not trying to tell you want to do, but wouldn't it make more sense to report all of his spam instead of replying to it? If you report it, you make topix aware of it, but if you reply to it, he thinks you have read all 12 of his spams and it encourages him to do more of the same. The man is sick, perverted and demented. If he succeeds in driving everyone out of Topix then he won't have anyone he can pretend is reading his spam.
Clearly hundreds of former people posting here have found better ways to spend their time other than topix.
Poof could easily delete all the Good Reverend's posts. But he's too busy deleting mine.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#61050 Sep 11, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to refrain from using the judge-its? Or are you going to continue to use them believing they hurt people? You do like to hurt people. You are filled with the love of God after all.
That's what Poof is about. That's why he is here.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#61051 Sep 11, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
And I asked how the Bible can be trusted when it has HUGE problems like the following:
Num. 23:19 "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent."
1 Sam. 15:29 "And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent."
Versus
Jonah 3:10 "And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not."
1 Sam.15:11 "It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king...."
Exod. 32:14 And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.
Psalms.42:10 "... for I repent me of the evil that I have done unto you."
Gen. 6:6 "And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart."
1 Sam. 15:35 "...and the LORD repented that he had made Saul king over Israel."
That makes your problem even greater. How did information we are learning THOUSANDS of years later get in the Bible?

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Cali Girl 2014

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#61052 Sep 11, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>What a lovely comment. The Holy Spirit must be acting through you again today.
I don't claim to be perfect like you act!

Cali Girl 2014

Location hidden

#61053 Sep 11, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>What a lovely comment. The Holy Spirit must be acting through you again today.
The Holy Spirit is always with me!
Don't be such a crybaby..

Cali Girl 2014

Location hidden

#61054 Sep 11, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>What "Good Reverend" AKA AKA AKA does is against the Topix TOS, yet Topix is incapable of enforcing their rules until after the fact. I am not trying to tell you want to do, but wouldn't it make more sense to report all of his spam instead of replying to it? If you report it, you make topix aware of it, but if you reply to it, he thinks you have read all 12 of his spams and it encourages him to do more of the same. The man is sick, perverted and demented. If he succeeds in driving everyone out of Topix then he won't have anyone he can pretend is reading his spam.

Mind your own business. You can
answer anyone you want, and do!
Don't try to boss me because that
Won't happen

“don't tell me how”

to live my life

#61055 Sep 11, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Transgender Ken doll cake triggers outrage afte... 3 min Gov Corbutt of th... 54
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 min Frankie Rizzo 38,897
News Man charged after lubricant dispenser filled wi... 10 min Gov Corbutt of th... 31
News Pastor Who Said Orlando Shooting Victims 'Got W... 14 min Gov Corbutt of th... 4
News Indiana lawmakers to discuss ongoing LGBT right... 16 min Sneaky Pete 6
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 20 min who cares 16,125
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 25 min Theadore 149
More from around the web