Gay marriage

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman. Full Story
gay rights

Selden, NY

#6023 Sep 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Your questions have nothing to do with the issue.
Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, has sold over 50 million copies.
Your 'poem' is a childish and senseless attempt to rise to the level of mine. It fails miserably.
Wow I'm really starting to enjoy these chats. Men are from Mars and women are from Venus actually has nothing to do with the issue also. I might want to point out this to you that repeating the same text in which you illegally plagiarized does not prove your reason why we cannot have equal rights. And I thought my poem was creative and holds truth to both straight and gay people. And my questions do contribute to this issue because it shows your point of view to me. It shows me if you just judge them on what people tell you or if you actually have a horrible experience with gay people that makes you hate all of us.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#6024 Sep 30, 2013
gay rights wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow I'm really starting to enjoy these chats. Men are from Mars and women are from Venus actually has nothing to do with the issue also. I might want to point out this to you that repeating the same text in which you illegally plagiarized does not prove your reason why we cannot have equal rights. And I thought my poem was creative and holds truth to both straight and gay people. And my questions do contribute to this issue because it shows your point of view to me. It shows me if you just judge them on what people tell you or if you actually have a horrible experience with gay people that makes you hate all of us.
Of course the book doesn't, but it clearly delineates the expanse that a union between genders unites. A ss couple spans nothing. It compliments nothing. It simply and pointlessly duplicates. Clearly distinct and less than!

Greg plagiarized me.

You in fact, made a silly attempt to plagiarize me. It doesn't make any sense. The same is true with your questions. They have nothing to do with gay marriage.

My best fiend all through school was/is gay. I have lived next to and worked with gays all my adult life. So?

Location hidden

#6025 Sep 30, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Yours was nothing more than the rambling plagiarism of a blithering idiot.
The reality remains that you can't make even the most elementary of arguments against equality for same sex couples to marry. The only thing you are accomplishing is making a complete fool of yourself.
However, this is still valid;

Marriage is a miraculous union of two genders,
a union so profound,
it is described as the union of Mars and Venus.
It reunites humanity to the roots of life,
while at the very same time
hosting the best and natural
birth place of future human life.
It is the blend of masculinity and femininity.
The wisdom of logic and intuition united.
Strength and delicacy perfectly balanced.
Protection and nurture combined as one.
A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders.

A ss couple cannot equate to a single one of these distinctions.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#6026 Sep 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
a union so profound,
A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders.
No, it's not, it is nothing more than the demented ramblings of a disturbed individual, that you have decided to plagiarize. Why you would choose to steal from an idiot, I am not quite certain.

The reality remains that you have made no valid on topic argument.
gay rights

Selden, NY

#6027 Sep 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course the book doesn't, but it clearly delineates the expanse that a union between genders unites. A ss couple spans nothing. It compliments nothing. It simply and pointlessly duplicates. Clearly distinct and less than!
Greg plagiarized me.
You in fact, made a silly attempt to plagiarize me. It doesn't make any sense. The same is true with your questions. They have nothing to do with gay marriage.
My best fiend all through school was/is gay. I have lived next to and worked with gays all my adult life. So?
Are you afraid of change? You keep telling me the definition of what a marriage is, but here's a news flash I know what marriage is. What I am explaining is why we should change and allow gay marriages. You simply just repeat what a marriage is and provide no reason why we should not change and allow gay marriage. Actually you have one point that you think is right. You believe that just because we cannot have children we cannot have marriages. I find that absurd and lets say a woman cannot have children because of medical reasons, are you going to say that she cannot get married because she cannot reproduce. Lets say for example you cannot have children because you cannot produce enough sperm, your recent attempt at trying to prove gay marriage is not right now goes for you too. You cannot reproduce, so why have a marriage sill?

Location hidden

#6028 Sep 30, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's not, it is nothing more than the demented ramblings of a disturbed individual, that you have decided to plagiarize. Why you would choose to steal from an idiot, I am not quite certain.
The reality remains that you have made no valid on topic argument.
Yeah, it is. You simply have no reasoned response. It is so solid, you don't even try. Everyone knows it~!

a union so profound,

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#6029 Sep 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it is. You simply have no reasoned response. It is so solid, you don't even try. Everyone knows it~!
a union so profound,
Repeating your idiocy does not make it anymore valid or true, it just makes you look foolish, unintelligent, and immature.

Well played, captain clueless.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#6030 Sep 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
a union so profound,
That could cause a diabetic coma.
Marriage is also the beautiful union that ends in divorce 50% of the time.

Location hidden

#6031 Sep 30, 2013
gay rights wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you afraid of change? You keep telling me the definition of what a marriage is, but here's a news flash I know what marriage is. What I am explaining is why we should change and allow gay marriages. You simply just repeat what a marriage is and provide no reason why we should not change and allow gay marriage. Actually you have one point that you think is right. You believe that just because we cannot have children we cannot have marriages. I find that absurd and lets say a woman cannot have children because of medical reasons, are you going to say that she cannot get married because she cannot reproduce. Lets say for example you cannot have children because you cannot produce enough sperm, your recent attempt at trying to prove gay marriage is not right now goes for you too. You cannot reproduce, so why have a marriage sill?
You are like salt demanding to be called sugar. They simply are not the same. It would be nothing less than a lie.

Your attempt to equate a rare medical issue to the inherent barrenness of ss couples fails. Not to mention the attempt to ignore all the other vast differences my commentary only touches on.

ss marriage is and always will be an oxymoron.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#6032 Sep 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
a union so profound,
sure they can. this has been proven to you time and time again yet you still post this lie and this crappy poem...
well

Round Lake, IL

#6033 Sep 30, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeating your idiocy does not make it anymore valid or true, it just makes you look foolish, unintelligent, and immature.
Well played, captain clueless.
He is getting manic again, best to ignore him!

Location hidden

#6034 Sep 30, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
KiMare, you inept assertion gains no more validity with repetition.
The simple fact remains that you can't offer any compelling governmental interest served by denying same sex couples equal protection of the law to marry that would render such a restriction constitutional.
No one gives a flying rip about the government, especially tonight.

You have nothing to discount this;

a union so profound,

Can't answer can you lides. POWERLESS.

Location hidden

#6035 Sep 30, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>That could cause a diabetic coma.
Marriage is also the beautiful union that ends in divorce 50% of the time.
The failure of those who break their vow discounts those who keep it???

Then why would you be interested in imposing an imposter relationship???

Smirk.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#6036 Sep 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
You are like salt demanding to be called sugar. They simply are not the same. It would be nothing less than a lie.
Your attempt to equate a rare medical issue to the inherent barrenness of ss couples fails. Not to mention the attempt to ignore all the other vast differences my commentary only touches on.
You are like an idiot demanding to be called intelligent.

They don't need to be the same. No two marriage are equal, but all people are entitled to equal protection of the laws, and marriage is one such protection. You seem to lack the intellect to offer a compelling governmental interest served by denying same sex couples the right to marry that would render such a restriction constitutional; or to offer any way in which allowing same sex marriage adversely impacts the rights of anyone who wouldn't enter into such a union.

Location hidden

#6037 Sep 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sure they can. this has been proven to you time and time again yet you still post this lie and this crappy poem...
Well Woody, then just post one of those 'countless' times.

Snicker.
gay rights

Selden, NY

#6038 Sep 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

Listen I'm truly not trying to be rude right now, but maybe you need to look up a few things. It's not a rare medical disease to not being able to have children, it's actually quite common. And what about people who get married and choose never to have children? Are you going to suggest the government take away their marriage licence? Like I said I'm really trying not to be rude to you in this post because I feel like you don't notice that not all people have children. And feel free to tell me what other questions I did not answer of yours. I will gladly answer all of them and I'm sorry to say that marriage is going to be legal for all one day for everyone. It's only a matter of when they will allow it.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#6039 Sep 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
a union so profound,
Too stupid to see that the poem you ripped off is wrong, I see.

Are same sex couples composed of people?
Is marriage a protection of the law?
Are you an idiot?

Here's a hint, the answer to all three is yes.

Since: Mar 07

Rhoadesville, VA

#6040 Sep 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
a union so profound,
And not a bit of your oft-repeated opinions here have anything do do with marriage, or the law.

I know you like to read your writings, but that doesn't make them relevant or logical.

Try again.

Back to a rational state interest in denying gay couples legal marriage. No self-serving pseudo poetry - just simple facts and proof.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#6041 Sep 30, 2013
gay rights wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes remember me as a good person who did not have a choice to be gay. And are you still stuck on that dog thing again? We are not dogs, even though you act like one. If it's a choice then according to you, you can just like men or women like an on and off switch. Well I'm sorry I am not you and I do not have this magical switch to switch the people I am attracted to. And never ever compare me to Nazi's. I am not trying to kill a whole race of people, I am simply fighting for my rights
I'll likely not remember you at all. And PLEASE, really, really don't start talking about your sex organ again!

You made a choice. You chose to be gay. You are essentially a pack animal like a dog so don't bother me if you feel insulted.

Tell us more about how you have no choice. OBEY YOUR MASTER!
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#6042 Sep 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
a union so profound,
You're getting a bit maniacal with the repetition.

All I'm getting from it is some strange images, probably not the mysticism you were looking for.

1. Charlie Chaplain balancing on his clenched butt cheeks at a piano, singing about love, LOVE, Love, LOve, yada...yada!

2. Led Zeppelin singing "I can't stop talking about love", kind of a Charlie Manson/date-rape image comes to mind there!

3. Fred Flintstone learning to dance, sticking his nasty bare feet at everything in view.

Shakespeare isn't needed and isn't wanted here. Everyone on this board, including YOU, is only concerned but where the gubbermint money is going. Don't be a fancy-pants!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How 2014 Was the Beginning of the End for the G... 5 min Latter Day Taints 12
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 5 min Terra Firma 5,333
Elton John, David Furnish to tie knot in privat... 14 min Belle Sexton 2
Seoul's Mayor Apologizes for Nixing Gay Rights ... 25 min Latter Day Taints 13
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 27 min Pietro Armando 201,151
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 31 min Selecia Jones- JA... 26,612
Pat Robertson: Televangelist claims gays will '... 33 min Gays Run the World 22
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 56 min The_Box 2,805
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 1 hr cancer suxs 4,949
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 3 hr Reverend Alan 4,276
More from around the web