Gay marriage

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman. Full Story

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#57427 Jul 30, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole point went over your head.
That is why I rarely bother to read his posts let alone respond to them.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#57428 Jul 30, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all very interesting. No telling what the programmers have in mind here. It also has something to do with cookies on your computer. You can message Topix if you want a better explanation.
Are you saying Topix answers?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#57429 Jul 30, 2014
Wondering wrote:
Just a little thank you note to California. In the past all of the country laughed at Louisiana for its politicians. Thank y'all for electing Nancy Pelosi. Nobody can top her ignorance. Lmao at California.
I certainly didn't vote for the bitch. And while you are laughing why aren't you laughing at Dianne Feinstein and Barbara Boxer? They certainly deserve as much laughter as does prom queen Nancy Pelosi.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#57430 Jul 30, 2014
Subliminal wrote:
<quoted text>
michele bachmann
Good reply.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#57431 Jul 30, 2014
Wondering wrote:
At least Bachmann is not making the statement " Hamas is a humanitarian group", gotta love little Nancy. Lmao at California(along with the rest of the country). Come on guys, can't y'all come up with something better than that. Lol
Larry Flint ran for governor and I voted for him. I never voted for prom queen Nancy. Any way, these three do not speak for California.

First off, 50% of the population didn't want anyone so they didn't vote. Another 10% voted for 3rd party candidates leaving only 40% of Californians voting. The election was close, 51% of that 40% voted for Nancy Prom Queen. Which means that only 21% of Californians wanted her in Congress. That means that close to 80% of Californians didn't.

You want to laugh at 100% of a population for the actions of 20% of its citizens?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
dawgs

Lexington, KY

#57432 Jul 30, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>Good reply.
Hey dumbass, you are stupid and on the highway to hell. You are in for a rude awakening. You think you are smart?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#57433 Jul 30, 2014
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, did we need to do that to end the (more than) petty bickering regarding desegregation? No. We're better than that.
It's been a line fed to us that the private sector does everything better. they don't. They're just as corrupt and more greedy.
Right, and all blacks believe the same, act the same dance the same and all date the same. Just like gays. You can walk up to just any old gay on the sidewalk and ask, "What does the gay community think about blah blah blah", and any gay can speak for all gays because they are all identical.

Give me a break.

How many bakers do we know of in America who refused to bake a cake? One? And how many started advertizing they would bake gay wedding cakes after the story broke? Millions.

The private sector does do better than government, the examples are overwhelming, especially in education and home/fire protection. Why do you hate business owners?

Human beings are 50% good and 50% bad. Accept it, you can't change it. Well, it can be changed by a highly motivated individual for himself, but not for humanity. People always act in their own best self interest and when you pass laws that prevent people from acting in their best self interest there are going to be "unforeseen consequences".

I do not believe you have completely accurate information about what it was like for blacks in the south under Jim Crow. Aren't there any good Hollywood movies that give a pretty accurate idea about what it was like?

Did you see The Help? To Kill A Mocking Bird?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#57434 Jul 30, 2014
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
If you think I am going to waste 2 hours going back through the last 2 days worth of posts looking where you falsely accused Wondering you are wrong.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#57435 Jul 30, 2014
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you pay for your private all male school. Why would I care?
Normal people will go to public schools where they will have a common sense of the basics, and their surroundings will more accurately reflect the real world when they graduate (which is part of learning.)
There is zero benefit from getting the government out of schools. This is your personal bias, nothing more.
I did pay for private schools as did my parents for me. Plus a whole lot of home schooling. I could speak 2 languages fluently by the time I entered the 7th grade. My parents felt it was important I attend the government indoctrination centers occasionally just to take the tests so I would have objective proof that private and home schooling was vastly superior to anything I would have received if I had attended the government schools.

When I did go to the public schools my gay cousin was picked on and I had to give more than one bully student an attitude adjustment.

""""" To boost the economy out of the recession, President Obama has chosen to spend an additional $100 billion on public schooling over the next two years. His education secretary, Arne Duncan, is touring the nation to promote this education “stimulus.”
However well-intentioned, their effort isn’t just futile; it’s also counterproductive.
Far from being an engine of wealth creation, the education system is bleeding the economy to death. The U.S. spends 2.3 times as much per pupil in real, inflation-adjusted dollars as it spent in 1970, but the return on this ballooning investment has been less than nothing.

Student achievement at the end of high school has been flat for nearly 40 years, according to a recent study by the Education Department, while the graduation rate fell over the same period, according to a report by James Heckman, a Nobel laureate economist.

If the efficiency of U.S. public schooling had merely remained at its 1970 level, the country would enjoy the equivalent of an annual $300 billion tax cut.

http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/t...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#57436 Jul 30, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Chevy.
LOL! Good post. Toyota.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#57437 Jul 30, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you only trusted the Bible:
I thought you trusted nothing.
Eccles. 8:15 MARY, " ....because a man hath no better thing under the sun, than to eat, and to drink, and to be gay:"
Oh to be gay....as in merry!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#57440 Jul 30, 2014

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#57441 Jul 30, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
So only opposite sex couples can engage in opposite sex couple acts?
Wow, what a revelation!
Uhhhhh....Rose...only a man AND a woman can engage in coitus. Not sure why you need to add the descriptive "opposite sex couples"......must be that whole equivalency mindset of yours.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#57442 Jul 30, 2014
http://ourlighterside.com/...

For those who haven’t heard, Washington State recently passed two important new laws – approval of gay marriages and legalized marijuana.
The fact that gay marriage and marijuana were legalized on the same day makes perfect biblical sense because Leviticus 20:13 says,“If a man lies with another man they should be stoned.”

We just hadn’t interpreted it correctly before!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#57444 Jul 30, 2014
Cecil wrote:
<quoted text>
You think my post was a math problem? Google dummy stop digging in your big blubbery ass for straws. You say it's stupid to believe plants were growing before the sun was around. Where are you going with that bullshit.? Tell me dummy how old is the sun? uh duh can you say Google? Math problem ... you are funny and stupid ROTFL@U You say a person is stupid to believe the bible, no matter how many other people do. So you a small minority are a exception you believe you [laughing] you are smarter then 6.9 billion people? You say What shape was the world when the vast majority believed it was flat? That is a poor example, what does that have to do with my post? Your point is? You sound like a stuck record no more like a retarded parrot. Math problem hahaha so funny. I'd love to stay up all night snorting coke with Atheist Alan but he clams up over simple questions. You on the other hand are just a stupid moron. I have to go, you see i am employed do you understand i am not on welfare like you
I support myself and family. I have to get up early so long play catch up tomorrow afternoon about the time you wake up. My taxes are supporting your fat blubbery lazy ass. Now i am going to have nightmares tonight.
Throwing bananas to a gorilla OMG / fck off
*math problem har har har please explain.
And you have to ask why people hate Christians! Amazing.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#57445 Jul 30, 2014
Cecil wrote:
<quoted text>
A.A. I ask you What happen to you i mean what happen in your life to make you so sour? Obviously at some point and time in your lifetime you studied the bible thoroughly? See this is how it works i ask you a question and you should answer the question then you ask me a question i will answer you . Hey that is how i roll. Again why do you use the name Reverend?
If you want to know why I do not like Christians read your own posts and those of Poof1.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cecil

Columbus, OH

#57447 Jul 30, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I am quoting the Bible which says eating children is rewarding.
The Bible also says abusing children is rewarding:
Prov. 23:13-14 ("Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell"),
Prov. 22:15 RSV ("Folly is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline drives it far from him"),
Prov. 20:30 RSV ("Blows that wound cleanse away evil; strokes make clean the innermost parts"),
Prov. 13:24 RSV ("He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him"),
Prov. 19:19 ("Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying"),
Prov. 29:15 ("Thy rod and reproof give wisdom, but a child left to himself brings shame to his mother"),
Prov. 26:3 ("A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back <children are often foolish>"), and
Deut. 21:18-21 ("If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son, who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and, though they chastise him, will not give heed to them, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city...and they shall say to the elders of his city,'This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard. Then all the men of the city shall stone him to death with stones; so you shall purge the evil from the midst").
OKAY finally a response thank you know the bible well. Your reply to Roses post concerning not having children rubbed me the wrong way and i was sarcastic. I admit i have not read the bible thoroughly i did not know which way you were going with your reply~

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cecil

Columbus, OH

#57448 Jul 30, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
And you have to ask why people hate Christians! Amazing.
Remember i said this 'I have never claim to be a Christian' I have claim scents high school i am agnostic. I am in limbo i am not sure what to believe.
I do believe there is a higher power.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cecil

Columbus, OH

#57449 Jul 30, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to know why I do not like Christians read your own posts and those of Poof1.
Okay ok just say "its personal and non of my business" and forget about it.

I am not a Christian.

Please don't compare me to weird Poof1.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#57451 Jul 30, 2014
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you toni, you tell him ---
Shaddup dummy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Seoul's Mayor Apologizes for Nixing Gay Rights ... 21 min Ainu 23
Supreme Court won't stop gay marriages in Florida 39 min Pope Bennie s Closet 8
Supreme Court allows gay marriage to proceed in... 49 min Otter in the Ozarks 1
Comedian Margaret Cho to headline at San Jose I... 1 hr Fa-Foxy 19
With gay marriage on the horizon, Visit Tampa B... 1 hr ishbu 18
Gay couples exchange vows in Montana after ruling 1 hr jinxysscrew 124
Transgender Woman Featured in New Television Ca... 1 hr Pope Bennie s Closet 20
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 1 hr Pope Bennie s Closet 4,999
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 2 hr KiMerde 2,836
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 3 hr Static Charge 26,690
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 hr Rick in Kansas 5,455
TOWIE boys say Balls to Cancer by stripping NAK... 10 hr EdmondWA 12
More from around the web