Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61384 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#5926 Sep 29, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
I will live to be very old. I eat good hit the gym 5 days a week. I am not a beer drinking bacon fat eating tub of crap like you inbred. You wont make it long...
snicker smile smirk.....what a child.
Perfect example.

Stupidity isn't fed by bacon or eliminated by exercise.

Call Hospice quick!

Idiot.

Duh.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#5927 Sep 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect example.
Stupidity isn't fed by bacon or eliminated by exercise.
Call Hospice quick!
Idiot.
Duh.
Your the one who wants your cult religions 2000 year old beliefs made into laws...YOUR THE IDIOT.

Your the one who wants to go against the Constitution and keep away civil rights from a group of citizens because of your hate and bigotry..

YOUR ODL GONNA DIE SOON ENJOY YOUR LAST YEARS...OR FIGHT A FIGHT YOU ARE LOSINGA ND WONT WIN..

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#5928 Sep 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
They claim same sex marriage won't affect you if you're not gay; but they sue you if you're<sic> Christian beliefs won't let you participate in a same sex wedding.
How won't same sex marriage change society and law?
If you operate a business to the public, you can't choose your clients.

Do you serve people of color?
Do you serve handicapped people?

If you're going to be a bigoted ashpole, then you have to get yourself declared a church. That's the only way you can choose which clients you will serve, or not.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#5929 Sep 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to be mean, but your relationship will only ever be a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage. Clearly a bad imitation of real marriage. Speaking of children, even a child is able to tell the difference.
1. Children don't have a problem with SSM, or gender identity.
2. "Not to be mean", but we're married in EVERY respect, identicle to your marriage.
3. Your marriage is a phony poly-marriage disguised as "normal".
4. Each and every time you say "not to be mean, but..." we know you're being Kunty, Hunty.
gay rights

Ronkonkoma, NY

#5930 Sep 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you have never engaged someone who challenges your gay twirl talking points. So lets address them;
1. Can't change your orientation?
I agree, never insinuated otherwise. While being a combination of nature and nurture, it is nature that is most significant in determining our orientation. Orientation is not a moral issue. Behavior is.
2. Being against ss couples being called married stops love?
Hardly. Love ultimately is a choice.
Words describe reality, it stops a counterfeit relationship being described as a relationship it does not qualify for. In fact, it is a foolish attempt to address an innate sense of inferiority by
equating itself with the most esteemed and essential relationship of society. The result? Even a child can distinguish between a ss couple and a heterosexual couple. Especially when one couple is mom and dad.
3. Is it the same as racism or gender prejudice?
Comparing orientation to skin color is no different than comparing apples to makeup of the moon. Skin color is literally a visual difference. Orientation is fundamental to the primary core of evolutionary action.
Gender distinctions are much closer to Orientation differences, and are in fact related. Both are involved in the greater function of 'mating behavior'. Look it up and learn. The denial of function and differences in both gender and orientation are literally as foolish as trying to deny or ignore the function of breathing air or drinking water, if not MORE so.
4. Procreation is not an issue in marriage.
I don't need to explain in full detail, nor can you demand I do so. However, here is a brief and concise reason;
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. Social scientists assert marriage would not exist were it not for the consequence of children.
Ss couples are a defective and complete failure of mating behavior. Making the term 'ss marraige' an oxymoron.
5. Millions of children are parentless?
Nature evolved to provide a representation of both genders, one biological father and one biological mother. Ss couples always deprive a child of one gender. Any default family is a significant detriment to the child's well being. A single parent, more so. A duplicate single parent possibly marginally better than last. It is societies best interest to provide the very best and most natural alternative to birth parents.
1. I feel like you just told me that we need to learn to behave differently. Well honestly it doesn't appeal to me either what some of the gays are doing, but I get over it and I accept them like any other human. Even if I could have the power to make everyone "Normal", like you I wouldn't change anything. When I first found out that their was a word for liking the same sex, I just wanted to be like everyone else around me. After time however, I would never change myself and being able to get married shows how much you love that person unconditionally. It shows a relationship to the government, why can't we be recognized too.

2. Your right, we cannot have children and we do not fit into the qualifications of marriage. However, when did they make these qualifications. Anyone should be able to have a marriage, not to rub in other peoples faces, but just to express their love. And children will only be able to tell us apart and think that we are weird, if people teach their children not to accept us.

3. Your right once again we cannot have children, honestly your going off of evolution and how we used to need to have many children, but the world is becoming overpopulated and people are living longer. We don't need everyone to have children. And lets say a woman simply cannot have children because of medical reasons. If she gets married are you against their marriage?

4. Your right once more, but in our society today we feel like we are left out because marriage is a symbol for love. I honestly don't care what scientists say,
gay rights

Ronkonkoma, NY

#5931 Sep 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you have never engaged someone who challenges your gay twirl talking points. So lets address them;
1. Can't change your orientation?
I agree, never insinuated otherwise. While being a combination of nature and nurture, it is nature that is most significant in determining our orientation. Orientation is not a moral issue. Behavior is.
2. Being against ss couples being called married stops love?
Hardly. Love ultimately is a choice.
Words describe reality, it stops a counterfeit relationship being described as a relationship it does not qualify for. In fact, it is a foolish attempt to address an innate sense of inferiority by equating itself with the most esteemed and essential relationship of society. The result? Even a child can distinguish between a ss couple and a heterosexual couple. Especially when one couple is mom and dad.
3. Is it the same as racism or gender prejudice?
Comparing orientation to skin color is no different than comparing apples to makeup of the moon. Skin color is literally a visual difference. Orientation is fundamental to the primary core of evolutionary action.
Gender distinctions are much closer to Orientation differences, and are in fact related. Both are involved in the greater function of 'mating behavior'. Look it up and learn. The denial of function and differences in both gender and orientation are literally as foolish as trying to deny or ignore the function of breathing air or drinking water, if not MORE so.
4. Procreation is not an issue in marriage.
I don't need to explain in full detail, nor can you demand I do so. However, here is a brief and concise reason;
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. Social scientists assert marriage would not exist were it not for the consequence of children.
Ss couples are a defective and complete failure of mating behavior. Making the term 'ss marraige' an oxymoron.
5. Millions of children are parentless?
Nature evolved to provide a representation of both genders, one biological father and one biological mother. Ss couples always deprive a child of one gender. Any default family is a significant detriment to the child's well being. A single parent, more so. A duplicate single parent possibly marginally better than last. It is societies best interest to provide the very best and most natural alternative to birth parents.
4. I honestly don't care what scientist say because they are going off of making more children.

5.So your saying that if we adopt children they will have a better chance of being gay. Listen that is the stupidest thing you have ever said. You try and make your questions hard to answer, but this is the stupidest thing you have said yet. Let me ask you, do you only know gays based on the stereotype. Is that what you are basing your answers off of because not everyone is like that. And anyway you cannot judge them, but seriously what do you think we are doing? Do you think we brainwash them at night and read them gay stories. No we do not, we read them the same books, we care for them the same, but I think the major difference is that we teach them to accept others and not judge them on their love interests.
gay rights

Ronkonkoma, NY

#5932 Sep 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand.
But you need to understand what is going on in your own sexuality. Then you will begin to understand why people in every culture tend to react to homosexuality.
Your ignorance presents as many problems as their ignorance does.
And listen here I am accepting of everyone I meet, I may not agree with some of the things we do, but I get over it. I know about my sexuality and I'm fine going through church's screaming "I'm gay", but when people say i'm going to go to hell because of what I am, I get pissed because I'm not going to pretend i'm something I'm not. I may sound terribly mean and/or rude, but come on we are in the 21st century.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#5933 Sep 29, 2013
gay rights wrote:
<quoted text>
And listen here I am accepting of everyone I meet, I may not agree with some of the things we do, but I get over it. I know about my sexuality and I'm fine going through church's screaming "I'm gay", but when people say i'm going to go to hell because of what I am, I get pissed because I'm not going to pretend i'm something I'm not. I may sound terribly mean and/or rude, but come on we are in the 21st century.
Aside from the issues you either ignored, misrepresented or simply said you don't care, your basic argument is reality and truth doesn't matter, you demand a relationship you admit you don't qualify for.

I find that childish and dangerously foolish.

You need to change your name to 'gay demands', you certainly are not talking about rights.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#5934 Sep 29, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is interfering in there lives...Well yes the religious far right is.
So you wear gay blinders. You're not alone.
gay rights

Ronkonkoma, NY

#5935 Sep 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Aside from the issues you either ignored, misrepresented or simply said you don't care, your basic argument is reality and truth doesn't matter, you demand a relationship you admit you don't qualify for.
I find that childish and dangerously foolish.
You need to change your name to 'gay demands', you certainly are not talking about rights.
Excuse me. Wow you must have huge balls or something because your so rude. You actually didn't answer my question that I had for you, Do you think that gays are like the stereotype? because you said that we should change our behavior. Yes you know the meaning of a marriage, so I must congratulate you. The standard is for it to be a man and a woman, but rules and customs change. The point of a marriage is to be recognized by the government. It also shows someones love for another person. We want to be allowed marriage because we want to show our love for our partners and lets say something horrible happens we want to be married for legal reasons. I also find you very childish and dangerously foolish for you to try and make fun of other people by making them angry by smirking and smiling at the end of your comments. Here's something for you, a big slap on your smiling face. I'm also sorry because you said that I " ignored or misinterpreted" your questions because you have been ignoring my questions also. And another thing you keep telling us that children will be able to tell us apart, well anyone with eyes should be able to see two men or two woman are clearly not a man and a woman. Any child would never care or judge homosexuals only if their parents teach them to judge them.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#5936 Sep 29, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
So you wear gay blinders. You're not alone.
That is you. You think you have the right somehow to keep away peoples civil rights.....EXPLAIN THAT.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#5937 Sep 29, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
That is you. You think you have the right somehow to keep away peoples civil rights.....EXPLAIN THAT.
I think everyone should be treated equally. Since marriage is regulated by the states and state law applies to EVERY resident of a state EQUALLY I think that should satisfy your request.

What you want are special changes to the laws that exist now. Polygamists would like special laws too. Then there's that young woman that wants to marry her brother, they'd like special laws too.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#5938 Sep 29, 2013
gay rights wrote:
The point of a marriage is to be recognized by the government.
The point of marriage is family. It is your personal trophy to be recognized by government. When I married, government recognition never entered my mind, not for a second.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#5939 Sep 29, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I think everyone should be treated equally. Since marriage is regulated by the states and state law applies to EVERY resident of a state EQUALLY I think that should satisfy your request.
What you want are special changes to the laws that exist now. Polygamists would like special laws too. Then there's that young woman that wants to marry her brother, they'd like special laws too.
NOT SPECIAL IDIOT JUST EQUAL..You have problem getting what equal means don't you?
Huh

Faribault, MN

#5940 Sep 29, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
The point of marriage is family. It is your personal trophy to be recognized by government. When I married, government recognition never entered my mind, not for a second.
the point of marriage is adults entering into a civil contract...FAMILY AHS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.
gay rights

Ronkonkoma, NY

#5941 Sep 29, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
When I said its to be recognized by the government I mean't if something happens to your partner you will be able to sign things off for them and you must have missed the part were I said its about showing your love for the other person.

Anyway the my main point of why we should be able to marry is because we did not have a choice to be gay. It's something we cannot control and we are born like that, so why should we be treated any different from other people just because we were born something different than what ignorant people call not normal.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#5942 Sep 29, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT SPECIAL IDIOT JUST EQUAL..You have problem getting what equal means don't you?
Equal means the same for everyone. We have that now. What you want is new law that would include you, special. It's not rocket science.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#5943 Sep 29, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
the point of marriage is adults entering into a civil contract...FAMILY AHS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.
For me, family has everything to do with it.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#5944 Sep 29, 2013
gay rights wrote:
1. you must have missed the part were I said its about showing your love for the other person.
2. Anyway the my main point of why we should be able to marry is because we did not have a choice to be gay.
3. s something we cannot control and we are born like that, so why should we be treated any different from other people just because we were born something different than what
4. ignorant people call not normal.
1. Marriage is not required.
2. For the guy that loves his sister, it wasn't his choice, it just happened.
3. You have already answered your own question. You're different.
4. You aren't normal. In fact, if the whole world were gay mankind would have ended centuries ago.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#5945 Sep 29, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Equal means the same for everyone. We have that now. What you want is new law that would include you, special. It's not rocket science.
Now we don't have equal..WE HAVE SPECIAL NOW...Now we have only a man can marry a women..SPECIAL. If all can enter into marriage it will be equal...
YOU LOST FACTS BACK ME UP AND SO DOES THE CONSTITUTION...

Bye run off now you been beat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 5 min neighbor 2,427
News Judge rejects couple's argument for refusing ga... 25 min Get Real 226
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 29 min Get Real 10,372
News Senate candidate Roy Moore says gay sex is "the... 46 min Imprtnrd 52
News Cake fundraiser supports gay marriage as Suprem... 1 hr Wondering 63
News Gay teen against same-sex marriage heckled at u... 1 hr Wondering 67
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr cpeter1313 56,202
More from around the web